Official BenQ FP241VW (not FP241W) Thread. Reviews and Pics

Ahhh I see, well that's a big feature then :D

Well I am sure you can talk to them about this, how you bought the monitor for this feature and hopefully they'll give you an exchange with prepaid shipping.

Ahhh I see, well that's a big feature then :D

Well I am sure you can talk to them about this, how you bought the monitor for this feature and hopefully they'll give you an exchange with prepaid shipping.

Yep. I'm sure they'll help me. Thing is, I already returned one monitor and I don't want to seem like a pain in the ass to them. But, the first monitor I had was from July 2008!!!! If only it didn't have 6 dead pixels! Ahh man, I'm going to go through the BenQ Store to do a return/re-buy. Hopefully, third time is the charm ...

Got this monitor today... so far, I'm liking it. However, I haven't played games yet, so that may break my heart, but it is beautiful

Props to 10e for posting the icm file, made a nice difference to my colours. I doubt my colours are 100% accurate, but they still a lot better than when i first plugged it in.

Hi, I actually decided to RMA it back to BenQ, thanks for your interest. I'm sending it back because I just don't have enough room on my desk to my two panels. I like my speakers in between the two and the extra width of the stand gets in the way. And again I must say this is a very nice product from BenQ.

Moto

Hello... I am wondering if anyone knows the reason behind this...

I seem to be experiencing an image quality that makes the gradients choppy? The gradients seem to be blocky insetad of smooth. I have tried everything I can in turns of NVidia drivers settings, but nothing seems to help

Is this some sort of calibration issue and do you know in specific what I need to modify to correct this?

I did apply 10e's ICC profile, would that have an affect? I'll try reverting to the one provided by the monitor

This big boy is free shipping now. Any one who's interested in, now is a good time to pull the trigger.

FP241VW FREE SHIP: Your Ultimate Gaming Machine is FREE SHIP this Weekend!
Promo code:FreeShip10
When you do double screen with FP241VW you can enjoy extra 5% discount!
Promo code:Buy2Save

Make sure you have 32-bit color set up. 16-bit color will show up instantly as blocks on Lagom's grey scale and gradient tests.

I seem to be experiencing an image quality that makes the gradients choppy? The gradients seem to be blocky insetad of smooth. I have tried everything I can in turns of NVidia drivers settings, but nothing seems to help

Is this some sort of calibration issue and do you know in specific what I need to modify to correct this?

I did apply 10e's ICC profile, would that have an affect? I'll try reverting to the one provided by the monitor

Make sure you have 32-bit color set up. 16-bit color will show up instantly as blocks on Lagom's grey scale and gradient tests.

As far as I can tell, it is 32 bit... Display properties indicates 32 bit

I took advantage of the sale this weekend with the stackable coupons...FP241VW50 for $50 off and freeship10 for free shipping.

I just stopped home on my lunch hour and the FedEx guy had just delivered (the wife signed for it). So it took approximately 44 hours since I placed the order and the display has already arrived. I will not open it until this evening. The box does have a label that states it was manufactured July 2008 and there's a sticker on the box that says "HDMI Cable Included." Bonus! :p

Is it possible to replace the stand on this with a more conventional one like the FP241W had? Probably not, since it looks like the USB ports and line-out are embedded into it.

This looks to be a possible upgrade for me, but the stand just looks so stupid...

Seems my my post was eaten by the great internet gremlins.

I'm looking to do a stand amputation on my FP241VW with the hope of making it more VESA-friendly, similar to what 10e did with his model. In all likelihood, I'll be eliminating the USB ports entirely in an effort to simplify the arrangement and secure mounting of the control panel (or a control panel substitute of some sort). I'll keep everyone posted on my progress, but it's unlikely that I'll do much of anything with it until I gain a more thorough understanding of my options (and acquire a proper dual-display mount).

If it is possible, would anyone who has investigated removing/replacement of the stand be willing to share their experiences? On a related note, does anyone sell additional stands that I could modify in some way? I was thinking of possibly keeping the entire left-hand side control unit intact, cutting it off right at the point where it begins to angle forward and sealing it. This would keep the entire configuration relatively simple and allow it to function in dual-monitor arrangements.

10e, would you be willing to part with the remnants of your stand in the name of science (and perhaps motivated by a few bucks), assuming you still have it?

10e and Sanfam if you have any picture of FP241VW after stand amputation, please share with us. I have no problem with my FP241VW stand( In fact I think it's kinda cool among other uniform black framed monitors) but will be interested to know how flexible it can get after amputation.

Hungry gremlins... Yuck :)

I would be, but I sold my FP241VW. Sad day that. But if you need to know anything, ask away and I'll check this thread regularly due to my love of this monitor. Not that kind of love though :)

Seems my my post was eaten by the great internet gremlins.

I'm looking to do a stand amputation on my FP241VW with the hope of making it more VESA-friendly, similar to what 10e did with his model. In all likelihood, I'll be eliminating the USB ports entirely in an effort to simplify the arrangement and secure mounting of the control panel (or a control panel substitute of some sort). I'll keep everyone posted on my progress, but it's unlikely that I'll do much of anything with it until I gain a more thorough understanding of my options (and acquire a proper dual-display mount).

If it is possible, would anyone who has investigated removing/replacement of the stand be willing to share their experiences? On a related note, does anyone sell additional stands that I could modify in some way? I was thinking of possibly keeping the entire left-hand side control unit intact, cutting it off right at the point where it begins to angle forward and sealing it. This would keep the entire configuration relatively simple and allow it to function in dual-monitor arrangements.

10e, would you be willing to part with the remnants of your stand in the name of science (and perhaps motivated by a few bucks), assuming you still have it?

I put it on the Ergotron arm and it was pretty flexible in that configuration. I'll check to see if I have photos, but I don't know (other than the ones) I posted if I have others, and the monitor is no longer with me, as I mentioned above. If I had kept it I would have tried to source out a little control box to to encase the OSD buttons in and somehow attach it to the side. But the monitor gets quite light after "amputation" ;) so it should be easy to use any other stand or desk arm with it. I figure it sheds somewhere between 5 and 7 lbs when the stand goes.

10e and Sanfam if you have any picture of FP241VW after stand amputation, please share with us. I have no problem with my FP241VW stand( In fact I think it's kinda cool among other uniform black framed monitors) but will be interested to know how flexible it can get after amputation.

Try getting rid of the profile by moving it out of the Windows/System32/Spool/Color/Drivers directory and see if that helps. I know that I looked at it before posting and while a slight banding was apparent on grey gradients, it definitely didn't seem choppy or blocky, and whatever banding was there was extremely slight (normal after calibration to some extent).

Good luck.

I sent an email to BenQ asking if they have any thoughts on sourcing a pair of display stands. I'd also be curious about finding the differences between the FP241W and FP241VW inner structure. It seems probable that they are mechanically very similar, with the control modules relocated to the appropriate locations on each specific product (left-front display stand controls + USB on VW, right-side display buttons + USB/Top USB on W). If that were the case, it should be as simple as finding a dead one for sale somewhere and swapping frames. This is a pretty large assumption without any significant research, but it seems rational from a manufacturing standpoint.

So far, no luck on the display stands independent of the product itself, but if anyone here would ever be willing to part with the bulky wonder, perhaps some form of payment could be arranged. To reiterate, I'm looking to acquire an extra base (control module not necessary) from which to begin my project. Feel free to PM me if interested.

How long does this screen take to ship? I ordered it saturday from Benq (morning) and its now monday morning and not shipped yet... is this normal? I live on the east coast btw

How long does this screen take to ship? I ordered it saturday from Benq (morning) and its now monday morning and not shipped yet... is this normal? I live on the east coast btw

I called benq this morning and ordered the monitor over the phone (because the promo codes for 50$ off and free shipping weren't working) the lady told me 1-3 days "processing" then it would ship.

I called benq this morning and ordered the monitor over the phone (because the promo codes for 50$ off and free shipping weren't working) the lady told me 1-3 days "processing" then it would ship.

ty so much, im on the phone with a representative because i payed 500 when i could have payed 450, the codes weren't working

I might call them.

I emailed them this morning. For $450 --- I think this might be a good monitor for me.

I wish their damn codes worked on the internet.

update: I placed my order yesterday morning and just received a fedex tracking # stating it will be here tomorrow. :) standard (free) shipping too!

I almost bought this monitor based on user reviews in this thread... But at the end of the day, I just couldn't justify spending $1075 (yes, that much) on a MVA panel.

I don't think I'll ever be able to buy a decent LCD. Ever.

I almost bought this monitor based on user reviews in this thread... But at the end of the day, I just couldn't justify spending $1075 (yes, that much) on a MVA panel.

I don't think I'll ever be able to buy a decent LCD. Ever.

I wouldn't spend that much on a computer monitor either... but how are you paying so much?

I wouldn't spend that much on a computer monitor either... but how are you paying so much?
I live in a god-forsaken country :)

For a while, I was considering the V2400W, but gave up on that one as well. Paying $600 for a TN makes as much sense as paying $1075 on a MVA :) It's not that I can't afford it, I can (barely), it just doesn't make any logical sense to do so. I've written to the local BenQ distributor and asked why prices are so high, but never received a response (now that's a surprise!).

So, people across the big pond, jump on this $450 price like there's no tomorrow. It's incredibly cheap from a global point of view, and there's nothing to regret about it.

Got my monitor about 20 minutes ago. Very pleased with it thus far. I'm at work so I cant really do any gaming, but it looks awesome :)

I jumped on board for the awesome deal and my monitor arrived today. I'm very impressed so far but haven't done any gaming yet. There seems to be a dead/stuck pixel more or less smack in the middle of my screen.

It appears Red on a White background, Blue/Black on a Green background, Black/Can't Find it on a Black background, Can't see it on a Red Background, Can't see it on a Blue background.

I've tried to use JScreenFix, DPT, Massage, Tap.

Does anyone have any other idea's? Has anyone else had dead pixels with this monitor?

Mine had pretty much the exact same thing. I don't know if it will work in your case, but I actually massaged around the dead/stuck green subpixel and it went away, Once in a while it would come back, but massaging an inch to the left, and slightly below it always made it go away.

Good luck. BenQ's return policy is supposed to be pretty good so if it doesn't work out, call them and get a replacement.

I jumped on board for the awesome deal and my monitor arrived today. I'm very impressed so far but haven't done any gaming yet. There seems to be a dead/stuck pixel more or less smack in the middle of my screen.

It appears Red on a White background, Blue/Black on a Green background, Black/Can't Find it on a Black background, Can't see it on a Red Background, Can't see it on a Blue background.

Does anyone have any other idea's? Has anyone else had dead pixels with this monitor?

Mine had pretty much the exact same thing. I don't know if it will work in your case, but I actually massaged around the dead/stuck green subpixel and it went away, Once in a while it would come back, but massaging an inch to the left, and slightly below it always made it go away.

Good luck. BenQ's return policy is supposed to be pretty good so if it doesn't work out, call them and get a replacement.

10e,

Did you massage with the screen on or off? And roughly how hard did you press?

Either way I'll try a little more once I get back home tonight.

The $50 off code and the free shipping codes are working again.

I just bought a FP241VW for $449.

I just received my FP241VW LCD. I have just one word for it WOW!
This thing is freaking nice, the quality is just freaking awesome!
I should also mention this thing is bigger than I first thought, that's definitely a plus for me.
My LCD was manufactured in July 2008 and has No Dead Pixels! :D Thank God :)

I was using my Acer X203W before getting this LCD. I had never experience any ghosting at all on the Acer LCD. Even though I love the Acer a whole lot. You just cant compare them both. The BenQ is 100x better. I have tested out some of my games on the BenQ and I didnt see any ghosthing at all. Tested on Call of Duty 4 and the COD: World at War Beta, Supreme Commander and Unreal Tournament 3.

I haven't tested any movies on this thing as yet. But I am 100% sure the results will be just amazing.

Well I am extremely happy with my purchase. I definitely recommend this LCD to anyone. You will not be dissapointed!! I give this LCD an A+

BTW I received this LCD in less than 4 days, so the free shipping that BenQ is currently offering is really great too.

mine arrived today. great shipping speed -- like 3 days from the time i placed the order.

been playing with it for an hour or two now -- i must say i like it. OSD has a good amount of controls and the frame is metal, which somewhat mitigates its bizarre appearance. screen itself is great. excellent viewing angles like my old dell, better backlight uniformity, color looks fine for my purposes too. i played with a few of the settings and have it look pretty good. i played CoD4 on it for a while and it was very playable. i detected no obvious lag beyond my old LCD, and it was somewhat more immersive due to the higher res. overall it is not an earth shattering improvement but it is welcome and i enjoy the extra space.

it will make a good intermediary until the next crop of 30s are ripe.

I ordered my monitor on Thursday; expected delivery (free) via Fed Ex ground is Monday. That, to me, is like two business days.

So far, so good!

The stuck/dead pixel is still there, which kinda blows. I have been talking with Mia @ (949) 255-9481, who is very helpful. Basically, I've taken a couple pictures of the pixel in question with a digital camera and sent them to her. Mia forwarded them on to Customer Service/Tech Support to take a look at and determine if my panel is DOA or not.

Either way she said to order a new monitor which I just did and if they consider it a DOA then BenQ will cover all costs on the returned monitor. Otherwise, I'll just have to pay shipping back to BenQ. For the quality of the panel, I'm willing to forgo this cost. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

I also have a question: Is there a benefit to using the DVI to HDMI conversion out of the graphics card? If not that I'll just stick with DVI.

Does anyone actually use the "Action Game" color scheme? It seems a little dark and I just normally keep it on "Standard".

If any one else is thinking about getting one of these Monitors (FP241VW)

If we place our order together we can receive and additional 5% off and knock it down another $20

That brings it to 426.55 plus Tax shipped to our doors in a few Business days.

I know there's someone out there ready to pull the trigger on Monday, so lets get together and SAVE!

You can PM me or reply here, either way get in touch with me soon.

thanks in advance

If any one else is thinking about getting one of these Monitors (FP241VW)

If we place our order together we can receive and additional 5% off and knock it down another $20

That brings it to 426.55 plus Tax shipped to our doors in a few Business days.

I know there's someone out there ready to pull the trigger on Monday, so lets get together and SAVE!

You can PM me or reply here, either way get in touch with me soon.

thanks in advance

I'm afraid I purchased mine on Friday (I'll be posting in this thread, I'm sure, once I receive it :D), so I can't help you, but that seems like fairly decent idea.. Question, though -- you can't choose to have the individual monitors shipped to multiple addresses, can you? Wouldn't the cost of shipping and additional wait nullify the advantages of buying both together if this is the case? Just curious. If there is some workaround, cool stuff. :p

Edit: I just received shipping notification of my monitor. It was shipped yesterday out of California. I'm in Utah, so I may just be receiving it before I expected. I was originally hoping to get it by Thursday to enjoy the Wrath of the Lich King launch on it. :D Current estimated delivery is Tuesday, however. Yay.

Hrm, I've got a question about HDCP in general, if anyone is able to answer. Will I be able to hook my laptop with a 7900 gs go into this monitor via DVI (or HDMI, I suppose, I've got an adapter)? The card isn't HDCP enabled, so will I run into problems trying to run the monitor at native resolution? I don't plan to watch Blu-Ray/HD-DVD content through this laptop, but I do stream 720p content from places like Gametrailers, Hulu, etc. Running XP Media Center Edition. I'd appreciate it if anyone knows.

Thanks!

"Question, though -- you can't choose to have the individual monitors shipped to multiple addresses, can you? "

No you cannot have individual Monitors shipped to multiple addresses through the online checkout.

But, I have been speaking with Sales at BenQ and they would be willing to push it through for me and another buyer if both Orders are Placed before end of Business on Monday 11/10/2008.

Thanks

Question, though -- you can't choose to have the individual monitors shipped to multiple addresses, can you?/QUOTE]

No you cannot have individual Monitors shipped to multiple addresses through the online checkout.

But, I have been speaking with Sales at BenQ and they would be willing to push it through for me and another buyer if both Orders are Placed before end of Business on Monday 11/10/2008.

Thanks

...I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on this. I was looking at a Samsung TOC TF260HD. I really don't know which to get.

Back