Official Acer [XB270HU] 27" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync IPS ULMB Monitor Thread

what's the conflict? if you're unhappy in the slightest then return it.

Well, apparently antonline responded stating that my "one time" RMA request has already been used, because I wanted to try getting a working monitor first. Had I known that (which was not plainly written), I would have just returned it. And all they ended up doing was contacting Asus, and they just sent a UPS label going directly to Acer, not even going through them. I'm not too happy at the moment.

Well, apparently antonline responded stating that my "one time" RMA request has already been used, because I wanted to try getting a working monitor first. Had I known that (which was not plainly written), I would have just returned it. And all they ended up doing was contacting Asus, and they just sent a UPS label going directly to Acer, not even going through them. I'm not too happy at the moment.

If you paid with a credit card you can dispute it - as long as their return policy doesn't have the limitation referenced above you can open a dispute and send the CC company a link to their return policy and the response you got from them and they will credit you back.

they are still in stock at newegg, can someone confirm if these are the new batch or returned ones sold as new?

I really don't feel like gambling with online purchases when it comes to monitors, MC is 10min away from my house but they still didn't get any in stock and might be a long wait.

Works here. I thought it was DSR and SLI that didn't jive.
Yeah I know there are issues with SLI and DSR but again I have seen some say DSR does not work with Gsync monitors.

So just to be clear, you can use 4k DSR at 144 HZ and with Gsync on with this screen?

SLI + DSR + Non G-Sync monitor = No issues
DSR + G-Sync Monitor = No issues
SLI + G-Sync Monitor + DSR = No go, DSR option dissappears when you have a G-Sync monitor attached to your GPUs and you activate SLI. G-Sync on or off has no bearing on whether or not DSR option appears.

If you have only a Single GPU, DSR & MFAA should be fine, unless there is something completely magical specific to either Swift that makes this work, or the Predator that breaks it.

SLI also makes MFAA disappear, disabling SLI will make it appear again.

So the 144 hz refresh rate will not be an issue either with DSR 4k and Gsync? Just making sure before I decide to order one or not.

AFAIK, 144hz has no bearing on whether or not DSR is usable, G-Sync module and SLI are far more important.

But I can personally attest that DSR works with Swift if I keep SLI disabled, and works without issues.

link shows nothing but an empty cart, and I cant find this monitor in Acer's store, you sure you didn't purchase the 4k model that has a similar name and price?

positive

Looks like Acer changed their site, now the monitor isn't even listed anywhere. They must be back ordered:confused:

I just got mine in from the Acer store, no dead pixels and no back light bleeding that I can see. I'll have to wait until it gets dark to really test the back light.

Is there a "perfect" or close to it calibration setting that you guys suggest?

thx

I just got mine in from the Acer store, no dead pixels and no back light bleeding that I can see. I'll have to wait until it gets dark to really test the back light.

Is there a "perfect" or close to it calibration setting that you guys suggest?

thx

I like custom color r:53 g:47 b:50 with evening brightness around 5-15%. Personally I prefer the "brighter" 1.9 gamma curve.

newegg has this monitor in stock for 4 straight days while other big vendors do not, including Acer Store.

what is the catch here with newegg?

newegg has this monitor in stock for 4 straight days while other big vendors do not, including Acer Store.

what is the catch here with newegg?
Newegg has a pretty shitty return policy on monitors so no way I would get one from them.

Newegg has a pretty shitty return policy on monitors so no way I would get one from them.

I called my local MicroCenter today and they told me they have no idea when they going to get this monitor, but if it comes in stock on Amazon I am going to grab one since I have a Prime membership, I can return it for free if the monitor is defective and without the restock fee.

Holy sheisse, even in desktop mode 120hz is awesome. It's been 20 years since i've had over 60 hz lol. So far so good, pixels look good. 1100 contrast ratio at 75% brightness, not bad at all for IPS. Got from newegg.

How can you tell if Gsync is active? Got mine from CDW yesterday. Should still have stock.

March 2015 manufacture date, no issues so far.

Looks great, but the Swift is indeed faster.

I Just receive my monitor yesterday directly from acer and had very bad backlight bleeding on bottom right corner. I spoke with tech support and exchange department and was told that the panel is defective and that the bleeding will spread, they told me to send back and will issue a full refund 5 days after receiving the monitor, they said they would send me another monitor but are currently out of stock and have no idea on a date that they will have more in stock. So all I can do is get a full refund at the moment, such a shame the monitor is beautiful and was manufactured this month.

I Just receive my monitor yesterday directly from acer and had very bad backlight bleeding on bottom right corner. I spoke with tech support and exchange department and was told that the panel is defective and that the bleeding will spread, they told me to send back and will issue a full refund 5 days after receiving the monitor, they said they would send me another monitor but are currently out of stock and have no idea on a date that they will have more in stock. So all I can do is get a full refund at the moment, such a shame the monitor is beautiful and was manufactured this month.

you know what is a real shame? the fact that Acer cant afford more people to test these things before they are packaged, and I say this because the product is $800, not some $149 monitor on Amazon.

can you post a pic?

Yep, two people. You do the math.

It's been mentioned many times before but I guess I'll say it again. The people who have the bad panels are typically the ones who are vocal about it. There are a lot of good panels out there just nobody is saying anything about it because it's good.

If it is good, the players would be busy playing, if it is bad, chances are people are not busy playing, so they get busy complaining

Pathetic. Just pathetic. Our species is incapable of making a decent gaming monitor in fucking 2015.

It's backlight bleed Betty (XB270HU) or blurry Billy (ROG Swift).

What a bunch of turds these awful Chinese companies are.

Pathetic. Just pathetic. Our species is incapable of making a decent gaming monitor in fucking 2015.

Taiwanese. But close enough I guess, you'll just have to pray either HP or Dell jumps into the gaming monitor scene because Acer, Asus, and BenQ are all Taiwanese.

I chuckled there a bit:D

In Taiwan, we have it worse, we don't even get products made by Taiwanese companies! We still only have Swift as the only G-Sync option.

Newegg isn't bad at all. Pony up $12 extra and you can get Premier and send it back for any reason you want and they pay for the shipping back. You can keep replacing it or get a full refund if you aren't satisfied.

Also, if you have BLB - you have bad luck. Checking the Overclocker's forum thread, everyone's recent batches seem to have no BLB and small amounts of IPS glow. My monitor also had no BLB and IPS glow. BLB isn't a super common problem with this monitor.

Am fed up with this monitor and dead pixels. Pairing my titan x with an asus mg279q seems stupid? wont i get a similar performance to gsync ( i know its not going to be the same) less stutter and input lag since its 144hz? any thoughts? thanks

Am fed up with this monitor and dead pixels. Pairing my titan x with an asus mg279q seems stupid? wont i get a similar performance to gsync ( i know its not going to be the same) less stutter and input lag since its 144hz? any thoughts? thanks[/QUOTE

Gsync gives the experience that you are maintaining fps to your refresh. So unless your keeping up with 144 or whatever most of the time, Gync is different.

You should check out the Swift. It's got very good color and is slightly faster than the xb270hu.

Am fed up with this monitor and dead pixels. Pairing my titan x with an asus mg279q seems stupid? wont i get a similar performance to gsync ( i know its not going to be the same) less stutter and input lag since its 144hz? any thoughts? thanks

If your playing something where you can hit 144 fps, it will certainly look very smooth. You can still end up with tearing though, or v-sync which will add input lag. Anything that drops down to the 40-60 fps range though just won't look as smooth without gsync. Obviously, you can combat that last item with GPU horsepower, but no amount of GPU power is going to get rid of tearing or the need for v-sync. G-sync does, and that would be a deal breaker for me, as I can't stand either.

Back