Nvidia Titan V

So can the card play games or only benchmarks? :)
It would be nice to see 4K gaming.

This is an absolute monster in graphics, twice that of a GTX 1080. RX Vega is looking really pathetic here.

http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/nvidia_titan_v_graphics_card_benchmarks.html

index.php

Expect GV102 to offer even more. Higher clocks and faster memory. I could see it beat the Titan V by 15-20%.

I'd call even that conservative, assuming that GV102 resembles an upsized potential GV104 more than this GV100.

However, I'd weigh that against not knowing what Nvidia is going to put into GV104, not knowing how large they want to make GV102, not knowing how fast GV102 will clock, and how much a difference there is between the FP64- and Tensor core-laden GV100 and 'consumer Volta'.

That should mean though that a potential GV104 could be within striking distance of this GV100 in gaming, and that's really very cool; GTX1180 cards that are faster than 1080Ti's? I know some will be offended, but I'll honestly just look forward to it :D.

Isn't the V100 supposed to have 84 SMM per, not 80?

That's another 5% gaming performance that's going to be available to GV102 whenever it lands.

I'm expecting around 2GHz OCed for the Geforce version, that's another 5% when compared to the 1.9GHz results we've seen here.

It's already beating the 1080Ti by 50% in some cases, so with the above I wouldn't be surprised if the Volta Ti will be a 50% performance jump.

That should mean though that a potential GV104 could be within striking distance of this GV100 in gaming, and that's really very cool; GTX1180 cards that are faster than 1080Ti's? I know some will be offended, but I'll honestly just look forward to it :D.
I'd say that is to be expected. Question is by how much, 980 was ~10% over 780Ti, 1080 was ~25% over 980Ti.
Can't wait for GV102 Ti card, finally smooth sailing at 4k/max and somewhat affordable. Titan V looks like a monster, but I'm not made of money lol.

I'd say that is to be expected. Question is by how much, 980 was ~10% over 780Ti, 1080 was ~25% over 980Ti.
Can't wait for GV102 Ti card, finally smooth sailing at 4k/max and somewhat affordable. Titan V looks like a monster, but I'm not made of money lol.

1080 was only that much over the reference 980 Ti, which has pretty low clocks compared to AIB. The 980 Ti was a good overclocker and came close to a reference 1080 when OC'd whereas the 10xx series no longer overclocks quite as well. I guess it comes down to where Nvidia want to position their 1170 or whatever it will be called. My guess is that it will be the equivalent of a reference 1080 Ti and the 1180 will be maybe 10-15% faster stock. Which is still really good considering the 1080 Ti is just on the edge of being able to do 4K @ 60 fps really well.

If the V really only ends up being ~15% faster than the Xp as some of these benches purport, I'd definitely have to consider sending the package back. An extra 2 grand for 15% is hard to swallow.

Keeping in mind that this is a brand new GPU architecture as well as drivers, it seems to indicate an average of roughly 15-20% more performance at the moment than a 1080ti. And something must be up with that FireStrike Ultra score... especially since it seems rather low for both cards when mine can pull a 7835.

Last edited:
This is just a cheap machine learning card based on Volta. Not for the gamer at all.

Don't let Nvidia fool you by slapping TITAN on the card.
Think of it as not meeting the standards of Quadro and they didn't want to waste the chips.

Last edited:
This is just a cheap machine learning card based on Vega. Not for the gamer at all.

Don't let Nvidia fool you by slapping TITAN on the card.
Think of it as not meeting the standards of Quadro and they didn't want to waste the chips.

I don't see why so many people keep missing this point. Aside from a few benchmarks of rendering, the gaming increase over a titan xp is fairly meager. We still don't have any real world gaming feedback from humans either. It's possible that it could deliver a smoother feeling experience at 4k potentially. Better frame times, faster delivery ect.

I can't say i'm not dying to see some benchmarks of this paired up with a 16 core amd or 18 core intel chip for workstation tasks. Honestly Nvidia just made the investment into this sector more accessible than it's ever been. This will pave the way for more deep learning and ai growth at such a low price for the performance.

This card is making the headlines due to the price alone it's like the Good looking girl that nobody can have but everyone wants.

Yikes, TitanV is a monster in DP. Its like 10+ times faster than Titan Xp. Not much faster in single precision though.

For those thinking its expensive, its faster and half the price of TeslaP100. So for compute needs its a bargain.

I would like to see real gaming benchmarks.....[H] does them well. On that note looking at some of the scores I am shocked how slow it is? I expected better results tbh. Maybe we need one overclocked imo.

Actual games. PC games at 4K. No benchmarks.

You may have missed the part where he clearly stated "Note - I'm not going to spend any (more) money buying games to benchmark".

After buying a $3K card, I'm pretty sure it'll be Ramen for at least a year and just endless sessions of Counterstrike. :D

That is just not very spectacular at all I hope that is just early drivers and that thing can do better then that.

I wont believe in any leaked benchmark. All the benchmarks leaked are based on the same reddit post.. I would wait until they are properly tested by reputable sites or very well known guys and I would wait specially to benchmarks apps start to recognize properly the GPU, even 3dmark suite recognize the card as GenericVGA.

You may have missed the part where he clearly stated "Note - I'm not going to spend any (more) money buying games to benchmark".

After buying a $3K card, I'm pretty sure it'll be Ramen for at least a year and just endless sessions of Counterstrike. :D
He has no games to see FPS and such? Did he lose them all in a fire?

Maybe somebody with a Titan V and that has a game in his library, can they please post something!

I wont believe in any leaked benchmark. All the benchmarks leaked are based on the same reddit post.. I would wait until they are properly tested by reputable sites or very well known guys and I would wait specially to benchmarks apps start to recognize properly the GPU, even 3dmark suite recognize the card as GenericVGA.

To be honest it's pretty close to what I figured it would do, just slightly worse. I figured about a 25% increase was where it would land. It's kind of like slapping on more cylinders going from a 8 cylinder to 16 and expecting twice the output, there will always be efficiency losses.

Last edited:
To be honest it's pretty close to what I figured it would do, just slightly worse. I figured about a 25% increase was where it would land. it's kind of like slapping on more cylinder going from 8 cylinder to 16 and expecting twice the output, their will always be efficiency losses.

this isn't the same architecture to even assume that, need to see where the bottleneck is, I'm almost positive its bandwidth. Need to see different settings, different benchmarks, to see any type of assertion that is efficiency of the shaders that are the problem.

Any case pure graphics score, its 30% faster than a 1080ti......, as of right now in Firestrike.

Superposition, Titan V, matches (actually beats by 10%) a Titan 1080ti score that is overclocked with LN2 2.5 ghz, so yeah that is impressive looking at close to 70% more performance from that score.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-titan-v-graphics-card-benchmarks.html

Also keep this in mind when making comments that are pretty obtuse, this chip is 800mm2, half of its die (DP units and Tensor cores) is NOT used in games but still powered up. They will take up a good chuck of power. With those out of the picture, one can speculate that the power this chip is really drawing for the parts it needs for a gaming chip, is close to 75% of the 250 watt TDP it has. That is pretty crazy when you look at the performance this thing is giving ya. That's 1080 power usage at 40% more performance over a 1080ti, we are looking at 70-100% per tier improvement.

Last edited:
He has no games to see FPS and such? Did he lose them all in a fire?

Hagrid, you do realize that "He" is a Reddit user named "hellotanjent", and not a member here, right? You'll need to go log into and post on Reddit if you want to ask him something.

Hagrid, you do realize that "He" is a Reddit user named "hellotanjent", and not a member here, right? You'll need to go log into and post on Reddit if you want to ask him something.
Ahh. I will let him play with his benchmarks and wait for more intelligent people to post actual games!

He is too oft for me to even bother!

Demo for Wolfenstein 2 is free on Steam.

Not sure what part of that he thinks he needs to pay for?

I just want some real data, does it throttle, ect. A quick google search doesn't show much.

Back