Nvidia Titan V

This card is tempting. I only get 76 fps on Far Cry 4 on my 1080ti. That's running 1080p/60Hz. I could crank DSR a little with the Titan V.

This card is tempting. I only get 76 fps on Far Cry 4 on my 1080ti. That's running 1080p/60Hz. I could crank DSR a little with the Titan V.

Wat... That cant be freaking right....

It’s not overkill though...a 1080Ti or Titan Xp will be faster than this for gaming. It’s just an awful waste of money for no reason. It’s a downgrade.

Keep in mind this is the poster that later is going to hit multiple forums asking how much people are regretting their Titan V purchases, and how bad it must sting, and what a slap in the face, etc. Because he does it for every Titan generation so far. [I have no idea how Titan V performs, just sayin'.]

Last edited:
Haha I went 2-day. The standard shipping is free. If I went "over-night" it would still only get here on Monday.

Let us know how it goes, benchmarks please :). If ya can use a program that pushes both shader and memory amounts at the same with different settings that would be great, specifically for me, but might be hard to do, if so, no biggy

opps not hard, time consuming, don't want ya to spend time on it if ya don't want to :)

Starving kids in Africa has got nothing on the pain of waiting an extra day for this card. Remember we could be talking upwards of 50% more FPS here.
We all feel very sorry for you. Let us know when you set up a donation system xD
Can't wait to see how it does. Thank you for being Vega ^_^

Any reason why nVidia is using HBM? Seems that AMD got a lot of crap here for doing the same.
Don't worry that was AMD, NVDA will come out smelling like a rose.

AMD got crap because they used a new, expensive memory technology and their GPUs were still slow, hot, and overpriced. And with Vega, barely available.

Nvidia is using HBM on compute parts that can actually take advantage of the extra bandwidth that the technology offers over GDDR.

It's as stock as it get so i'd say compare to this

index.png

Oh yeah BTW OCing is supported.

There's Titan X (pascal) and Titan Xp though [with respect to that guru3d chart, which seems to lack the latter]. There's a chart on wccftech that puts stock Titan Xp around 7500. Doesn't seem like notable gains ...

Last edited:
Hmmm, what to do with my $2k spiff from work. Still can't afford it. LOL My wife would murder me in cold blood if I don't get this kitchen renovated.

Curious to see what the Ti version will be like (hopefully a sum well under $1000 USD).

3 keys is a lot to spend (I've already spent $1k on my new monitor, plus another $1.2k on my new rig).

Still, can't deny that I'm tempted to get one, simply to see how much performance I'd be able to get out of it in games (even if it isn't gaming-oriented).

Technically they are not positioning this as a TITAN GAMING CARD, instead it's really the professional market being the new breed of cut down volta Teslas. It has tensor cores and full 64fp hardware that is all but useless on a gaming card. They will modify some of the hardware and make some substantial cuts for their Titan gaming card, which will filted down to a ti variant at some point. They are just harvesting tesla die that would otherwise literally be thrown out due to a non working cluster (1/4). It's the same reason why it's not a 4k bus, and instead running ~3. They don't have any intentions to sell a cut down ti version for 2200$ anytime soon. However, we might not get a true Titan Volta card around the 1000$ price point this time around if the 11xx series can close the gap significantly to titan spec'd variants of VOLTA.

Rest assured your 700$ will still buy one hell of a 4k graphics card next refresh.

what are you smoking?.. this thing should be a in the range of at minimum 40% to 50% better performer than 1080Ti or Titan Xp, and it can go easily beyond that factoring architectural improvements more than Raw specs and clocks,

Titan Xp 3840 Shaders, 240 TMUs, 96 ROPS, boost clock of 1582Mhz, 547GB/s bandwidth in a 384 bit bus, 4mb cache L2

Titan V 5120 Shaders, 320 TMUs, 128 God damn ROPS boost clock of 1455Mhz, 652GB/s bandwidth in a 3072 bit bus, 2 extra mb L2 cache for total of 6mb cache L2

and you think it will be a downgrade.. lol.. what a joke..

The increase in specs are FAR LESS substantial than previous titan refreshes. Keep in mind this isn't their gaming push, but a professional workstation card.

Need waterblock and hard power mod. ;)

It has to throttle like crazy with a two slot blower and 107% PL is a joke.

I'll wait for my three slot 2080ti, or whatever they call it, I guess...

He is going upto 120% power limit now.

Well I'm curious to see how it performs on Monday when mine comes in. System I'm putting in is not set up as a gaming machine but I'm sure curiosity will win and I'll test it anyways.

It's 10% faster than a Nitrogen-cooled 1080 Ti!

1080 Ti at 2.5 GHz (basically a 40% overclock over stock)! Then add 10% more on top of that!

Tht's more performance than any of us were expecting from this. The Maxwell 980 Ti was 30-35% performance increase.

It's 10% faster than a Nitrogen-cooled 1080 Ti!

1080 Ti at 2.5 GHz (basically a 40% overclock over stock)! Then add 10% more on top of that!

Tht's more performance than any of us were expecting from this. The Maxwell 980 Ti was 30-35% performance increase.

It's actually kind of wild given that this isn't even the gaming card...

Not too shabby... but at almost 4X the cost of a 1080ti, it definitely isn't targeted at the gaming crowd. It's also a brand new GPU architecture, so there are probably a lot of additional driver enhancements forthcoming...
Hopefully by the time a Volta gaming "ti" version releases, we'll see an increases of 50% or more over the last generation cards.

lol they need to hurry and update those calculations. At 980MHz (1960MHz effective) memory speed, that thing is actually doing 752.6GB/s on bandwidth. That's pretty huge (+50% more than Titan Xp @ 12GHz mem), but surprisingly not that much faster than the ~624GB/s that a few lucky bastards people get who can do 13GHz on their overclocked-to-hell, 24 carat GDDR5X.

Back