Nvidia says Its Coming........

4K+ VR is on the horizon...if people want a AAA experience graphically on VR, we need better.

Personally I'd like the $250 range cards to be fast enough to do 1440P with 50-60 average frame rates in most AAA titles. That way 1080 can finally go away.

The etching on the card says, "Titan X Collector's Edition", for what it's worth. So we'll see what that means.

What that actually means is that it will come in a tin, and have a Jen Hsun Huang, leather jacketed, action figurine with squeezing twist action punches. Also a couple of Nvidia collectors cards, and maybe a survey thrown in the box. Oh, and an ankh necklace.

:p

Hopefully it's a Volta Titan though. :D I don't buy Titan cards, but I'm glad they exist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I'd like the $250 range cards to be fast enough to do 1440P with 50-60 average frame rates in most AAA titles. That way 1080 can finally go away.

Problem is that "AAA titles" is a moving goalpost...graphics keep getting better and better for the most part, requiring more GPU muscle to maintain performance independent of resolution or settings.

I couldn't imagine a Titan Pascal rebadge. There's really not much to do. It's about time the Titan Volta drops... V100 has been out for some time.

..................For your wallet.

Last edited:
From a gaming standpoint the 1080Ti is faster than the Titan Xp in most cases.

1.) You are getting the Pascal Titan X and the Titan Xp confused. They are not the same thing. The Titan Xp is essentially a Pascal Titan X with all the cores unlocked, and is a good bit faster.

2.) Even when comparing a Pascal Titan X and a 1080ti you'd be wrong. At stock clocks youare right, but once you overclock them both as high as they will go, they perform almost identically. (With the 1080ti having ever so slightly less RAM, which really doesn't matter as they both have more than you'll need anyway)

1.) You are getting the Pascal Titan X and the Titan Xp confused. They are not the same thing. The Titan Xp is essentially a Pascal Titan X with all the cores unlocked, and is a good bit faster.

2.) Even when comparing a Pascal Titan X and a 1080ti you'd be wrong. At stock clocks youare right, but once you overclock them both as high as they will go, they perform almost identically. (With the 1080ti having ever so slightly less RAM, which really doesn't matter as they both have more than you'll need anyway)

Yeah I must have gotten confused with the naming.

To Nvidia's credit, when they say a new card is coming, it's already here. Already in Jen-Hsun's jacket sleeve ready to whip out. No "coming soon, maybe next quarter, wait for summer, maybe when we perfect the architecture, just wait until" paper launch bullshit, ala you-know-who.

When Nvidia announces a card, they're already on the truck.

Last edited:
Nvidia just released a little teaser clip on their YouTube channel. Could it be a Titan Volta is on the way? I don't have a clue, but if Titan Volta is getting ready to come out I have to have it. Come to me, my Precious!

Watch the video here.

Your production will still fall short of your leade...err I mean me. Muahaha

The etching on the card says, "Titan X Collector's Edition"

LOL a COLLECTOR'S EDITION

I guess that's not much different than collecting empty GPU retail boxes at $30 a pop. Who knows, maybe a thousand years from now it will be worth something

What? Another mining card that I'll never be able to afford because it will be perpetually sold out or only available at triple MSRP?

It’s a suped up Titan that comes with a hammer to hit yourself over the head with.

Reactions: _l_
like this
here's hoping for a turbo charged Pascal with a multi dimensional LED spore drive

Are single quotes, or apostrophes, not allowed in thread titles? Just curious, no grammar nazism intended

Reactions: c3k
like this
Dual Titan? Nah, probably just a higher clocked Titan with some spit and polish on it and a much higher price tag...

At least when buying at the high end you aren't ridiculously pissed off at all the cryptominers. Got my 1080 Ti without issue, at MSRP, with a game bundle... good luck doing that on mid-range stuff.

Miner here - and I threw two 1080Ti's into my farm just because it's not that bad of a deal since they pull double duty gaming as well. (out of the 19 or so GPU's in my house) Got the 1080Ti's 8% under MSRP due to a combination of cashback on the CC and selling the game it came with.

Super cheap TX electricity means they each generate $3.5/day in profit. (more in the past) They paid for themselves a while ago.

Getting pissed at miners is like getting pissed at someone who shows up to the local park to enjoy a nice day. It's there for both of you, neither of you have priority over the other. In the supply/demand world there's nothing unexpected about a good rising in value when it's known it can pay for itself in a few months.

I wouldn't mind seeing a slump in the crypto world solely for the purpose of picking up some more cards on the cheap from those who don't have the patience to operate in the crypto world.

Titan Xp at or above 1080Ti core and mem clocks.

They would never mess up by releasing Volta Titan first. They want us to buy the 1180/2080/whatever first, then the Titan a few months later, then the 1180Ti/2080Ti/whateverTi then launch a faster Titan.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
Titan Xp at or above 1080Ti core and mem clocks.

They would never mess up by releasing Volta Titan first. They want us to buy the 1180/2080/whatever first, then the Titan a few months later, then the 1180Ti/2080Ti/whateverTi then launch a faster Titan.

I was wondering the same thing. Unless they release the 1180 as the new Titan :eek:.... but we'll be able to tell by die size.

What? Another mining card that I'll never be able to afford because it will be perpetually sold out or only available at triple MSRP?

????? I must have missed something, when did the masses start mining with a $1,200+ card? Would be better to just straight buy bitcoin at that price.

Problem is that "AAA titles" is a moving goalpost...graphics keep getting better and better for the most part, requiring more GPU muscle to maintain performance independent of resolution or settings.

That is true, but the same could have been said in the era of 720P and lower resolution gaming. Back in the early 2000s good luck getting a mid range card that could handle 1080.

I mean, other than for e-peen, who really needs a $1000 video card? It's 15% faster than the $700 1080ti? Which in 4k means what, an extra 5 fps?

To be honest I don't get the $700 ti's either. But then again, I'm not rich. $350 for my 1070 was about $150 more than I wanted to spend, but I did it.

more titans. "yay" oh well, it wont take long until they release a Ti and it will be just as good for realistically half the price ^^ sell my card and upgrade then. not much this card cant handle already maxxed out on 1440p. while some few games it does seem it suffer a bit and go below 60 fps :p no titan cards never were worth it and never will, i guess if u are die hard and a rich die hard that dont care too much about money it's fine! i do find it kind of odd that they release another titant as a succesor to titan Xp. As it's still the best card u can get.

no titan cards never were worth it and never will, i guess if u are die hard and a rich die hard that dont care too much about money it's fine!

I don't get this line of thinking. Have you never bothered to do the math and see what comes out to be a better value over time? This may not be true about all of the Titan cards, but at least for Pascal, the TX has been cheaper for the level of performance it brings if you stretch out the cost over time. That has come out to ~$2.44 a day for the Titan X vs $3.12 for the 1080Ti from release date to today. Having had that performance 8 months in advance has been great. Also, first gen Titan held its value for quite a while since it had strong FP64 performance compared to all the gaming oriented cards. Maybe only the Maxwell Titans were lesser values depending on whether or not you ditched them ASAP like I did for the Pascals.

Not that I'm trying to convince you to buy one, but your statement just doesn't make a scrap of sense to anyone who see value past the initial upfront cost. Sure, these cards are only worth getting if you buy within the first couple of months, but to say that they never are or will be worth it is just wrong.

At least when buying at the high end you aren't ridiculously pissed off at all the cryptominers. Got my 1080 Ti without issue, at MSRP, with a game bundle... good luck doing that on mid-range stuff.
I did the same for mine.

The new 1065TI? How about GT1020?

Kidding aside I'm at least curious about this. My 1080SLI does its job for 4k/60fps at Ultra but man they put out some heat. Wouldn't mind saving up for a single GPU that could actually beat them. My 1080TI comes close but the 1080SLI still has about 10-20% over it. Problem is then having to sell those puppies.

So the 1070 Ti was just launched, and Nvidia didn't allow partners to OC them at all, and the voltage slider is locked.

How about this for Nvidia obfuscating their lineup more? -

1070 Ti Titan Collector's Edition. Unlocked voltage slider, overclocked from the factory. Costs more than a 1080 because collector's edition.

Just occurred to me and definitely digging through the rumor pile for this one.

Some speculated that the 1070TI was a cash grab to use excess inventory from the 1080 line.

It's also common that the x80ti's have a way biting into the Titan market and I think many would agree the current x80Ti's are impressive compared in price to a current Titan.

What if this is simply NV's way of using up what''s left of present Titan inventory with a couple of new twists?

I don't get this line of thinking. Have you never bothered to do the math and see what comes out to be a better value over time? This may not be true about all of the Titan cards, but at least for Pascal, the TX has been cheaper for the level of performance it brings if you stretch out the cost over time. That has come out to ~$2.44 a day for the Titan X vs $3.12 for the 1080Ti from release date to today. Having had that performance 8 months in advance has been great. Also, first gen Titan held its value for quite a while since it had strong FP64 performance compared to all the gaming oriented cards. Maybe only the Maxwell Titans were lesser values depending on whether or not you ditched them ASAP like I did for the Pascals.

Not that I'm trying to convince you to buy one, but your statement just doesn't make a scrap of sense to anyone who see value past the initial upfront cost. Sure, these cards are only worth getting if you buy within the first couple of months, but to say that they never are or will be worth it is just wrong.
it's kinda of a big deal to pay twice of the price of a 1080 ti and ontop of it depending when u sell will have resell value of a ti. not thinking of the latest Xp, while likely same will come to be for that card and upcoming titan card to be replaced with a Ti. if u have Ti as timeline to replace im prety sure that is more value every time. because when that time comes where your double price card will be sold u have to match a ti price likely enough, and u will loose alot more money that way clearly. no i dont see the value in paying double price for a graphics card cause im a little impatient or need the bleeding edge hardware. Ti that is most value going from tier to tier. and to me personally aswell, it is still a prety expensive card to me. it would be like me paying twice the amount for a Ti every tier, and getting less then half aswell when i sold it to replace to have that extra fps. and price/performance of cards on market affect mine. sure if it is value to a person to pay that to have the latest for a short time, that is fine for me, it dont bother me much. i prefer the Ti, while a titan is better clearly. well i would prefer the titan, while i probably wont be needing one for 1440p until next is here anyway. there have been 1 game i couldnt run max settings comfortably and it was GrW. but now a titan will be replaced every Ti if it continue this way for sure.

vgkkTpz.png

I like graphics cards for their performance and features. Only reason I've ever "collected" them was because I used them too long and couldn't be bothered to sell the thing I bought for $500+ for like $75+shipping.
That green glow means it's supar dupar expar fast.

I don't get this line of thinking. Have you never bothered to do the math and see what comes out to be a better value over time? This may not be true about all of the Titan cards, but at least for Pascal, the TX has been cheaper for the level of performance it brings if you stretch out the cost over time. That has come out to ~$2.44 a day for the Titan X vs $3.12 for the 1080Ti from release date to today.
Your method is correct only if you replace the 1080ti today.
The reality is you will keep it until the next xx80ti card comes out.
Resale losses are less too.

If you must have the newest Titan because your performance is too low, thats where the value for the Titan exists.
You gotta pay to play at the leading edge.

Back