- Joined
- Oct 29, 2000
- Messages
- 42,406
Your method is correct only if you replace the 1080ti today.
The reality is you will keep it until the next xx80ti card comes out.
Resale losses are less too.
If you must have the newest Titan because your performance is too low, thats where the value for the Titan exists.
You gotta pay to play at the leading edge.
The truth is you can't play a game today with a GPU you buy tomorrow.
I was disappointed with the performance of my dual 980ti's on my 4k screen, so I bought the Pascal Titan X at launch.
Because of that I got 6 months of enjoyment out of it, I wouldn't have had, had I followed the "wait for 1080ti" logic.
Sure, they are expensive, but the cost is worth it compares to spending 6 months of being pissed off at my system because of inadequate performance.