Nvidia is preparing something SUPER

I can see Nvidia dropping these right at the Navi launch trying to kill amd's hype. Like they tried to do at computex with this treat.

If you believe that Nvidia just dropped the price because of random good will to customers, I have a bridge to sell you.

It was 5 months before Vega. That isn't a response. :rolleyes:

NVidia dropped the price because it had been on the market since June 2016, likely having saturated the price point and holding abundant inventory. This used to be the normal life cycle of a GPU. MSRP for a few months then falling prices.

Personally I think they are just telling the extra they will include with every purchase now.

31onfWaDQqL.jpg

Does nVidia have a timeslot at e3? I googled quickly but got all speculation results...

I feel kind of dirty posting a WCCFTech link:
https://wccftech.com/exclusive-nvidias-super-gpus-unleashing-monsters/

They claim trusted sources, but this feels a little too good to be true.

Use multiple grains of salt:

Code:
NVIDIA SUPER Lineup Leaked
Card                           Core       vRAM    Pricing level (approx.)
NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti SUPER     New Chip      TBC    TBC
NVIDIA RTX 2080 SUPER        RTX 2080 Ti   11    ~Vanilla RTX 2080
NVIDIA RTX 2070 Ti SUPER     New Chip       8    TBC
NVIDIA RTX 2070 SUPER        RTX 2080       8    ~Vanilla RTX 2070
NVIDIA RTX 2060 SUPER        RTX 2070       8    ~Vanilla RTX 2060

Basically it's very close to moving everything one step up the stack at the same price.

2060 gets 8GB of ram and performance much closer to 2070. Price close to 2060
2070 switches to the 2080 chip and gets perf much closer 2080. Price close to 2070
2080 switches to 2080 ti chip and gets 11GB of RAM, perf close to 2080ti, price close to 2080 - Real hard time believing that will happen with that monster chip.

New Chips.
2070ti Super, with new chip (this makes little sense)
2080ti Super, with new chip (that could make sense, to increase high end).

If NVidia really moving everything one step up the stack, then IMO they would likely move pricing at least a half step up the stack... Either way it looks like they would need to clear out the old cards...

Claimed announcement date is now June 21.

I feel kind of dirty posting a WCCFTech link:
https://wccftech.com/exclusive-nvidias-super-gpus-unleashing-monsters/

They claim trusted sources, but this feels a little too good to be true.

Use multiple grains of salt:

Code:
NVIDIA SUPER Lineup Leaked
Card                           Core       vRAM    Pricing level (approx.)
NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti SUPER     New Chip      TBC    TBC
NVIDIA RTX 2080 SUPER        RTX 2080 Ti   11    ~Vanilla RTX 2080
NVIDIA RTX 2070 Ti SUPER     New Chip       8    TBC
NVIDIA RTX 2070 SUPER        RTX 2080       8    ~Vanilla RTX 2070
NVIDIA RTX 2060 SUPER        RTX 2070       8    ~Vanilla RTX 2060

Basically it's very close to moving everything one step up the stack at the same price.

2060 gets 8GB of ram and performance much closer to 2070. Price close to 2060
2070 switches to the 2080 chip and gets perf much closer 2080. Price close to 2070
2080 switches to 2080 ti chip and gets 11GB of RAM, perf close to 2080ti, price close to 2080 - Real hard time believing that will happen with that monster chip.

New Chips.
2070ti Super, with new chip (this makes little sense)
2080ti Super, with new chip (that could make sense, to increase high end).

If NVidia really moving everything one step up the stack, then IMO they would likely move pricing at least a half step up the stack... Either way it looks like they would need to clear out the old cards...

Claimed announcement date is now June 21.
editor_industrial_salt3.jpg

WhyCry of Videocardz confirms that RTX 20 Series Super is definitely coming, but he can't confirm specs yet.

WhyCry of Videocardz confirms that RTX 20 Series Super is definitely coming, but he can't confirm specs yet.

I guess what I dont get is why?

A 2060TI and 2070TI maybe, but even so it's not like AMD is really pushing hard here on Nvidia's current lineup.

Nv could just wait for benchmarks and then release a TI or two to counter.....?

Has it even been confirmed from anyone reputable that this whole "Super" thing is a new set of cards?

Over the last few weeks I've seen roughly a dozen or so different postings or reports on this and it seems to be a sure thing. There's quite a few of them with actual detailed specs. The only one in some doubt is the 2080TI variant. WC's is the first I've seen for that. I don't doubt it'll happen.

Seems like too many cards. 9 cards from $300 ~ $1000. That's about 1 card every $80 increment. Over doubling their product stack.

Edit: unless they are saying the non-super cards are EoL.

Last edited:
So they are rebranding everything and releasing a RTX Titan at the price of a 2080Ti?

I actually wonder if moment's like this are, in part, a sort of clearing house plan for NVidia. From maxwell to pascal we saw some similar refreshes where they paired faster vram to all but the lowest tiers. I've got a laptop where they paired 980m's with 8GB DDR5. Size is nice but those core clocks could care less about the speed since they barely could hit 1200Mhz. Then look at the plethora of iterations of the 1050, 1050TI, 1060, 1060TI, 1070, 1070TI and how little difference it made other than totally confusing the average buyer.

Obviously either company is going to contract their parts in bulk but it seems like NV goes off the deep end with their Vram. Most tests on these refreshes usually only show minimal improvements for the low-mid range cards(x60's & x70's) but they sure like to advertise how fast that ram is. It get's better with the x80's creeping into TI territory but also shows how the core clock really needs to perform and at a specific level before current vram can inhibit it. Even with the current 2080TI's we can overclock to over 15Ghz but unless the core is holding ~2100MHZ it doesn't really get you anything significant. I've done many tests with mine and just holding 14.3Ghz/2100Mhz has nearly exact FPS as those reporting over 15Ghz.

So far all the specs I've read do show some improved clock and core count increases but I seriously doubt the 16Ghz will make any difference for them except for maybe the 2080 or 2080TI.

Has it even been confirmed from anyone reputable that this whole "Super" thing is a new set of cards?

That is exactly what WhyCry is confirming, and he is very reliable when he confirms something. Mind you he doesn't have details. Just that RTX 20 Super cards are happening.

Confirmed: NVIDIA to introduce GeForce RTX 20 SUPER series

It might just be the ones that make sense (2060 and 2070 to combat Navi).

I agree some cards need to be EOL. Regular 2060 could stay to anchor the RTX lineup, then 2060 Super moves up and displaces 2070 which goes EOL. 2070 Super and 2080 could coexist.

Last edited:
There's nothing on god's green earth nvidia could do to get me to buy another 14nm part.
Same for Intel, tbh.

I'm just amazed they are going to squeeze out 2 whole gpu series after everyone expected 7nm.

Seems like too many cards. 9 cards from $300 ~ $1000. That's about 1 card every $80 increment. Over doubling their product stack.

Edit: unless they are saying the non-super cards are EoL.

I chuckled when I see what mainboard makers are doing these days. Literally dozens of boards w/ the same chipset. You need to create a spreadsheet everytime you start shopping to keep them all straight.

Here's to hoping rumors are true though, because AMD shit the bed w/ the 5700 XT release vs rumor. (price/performance) Hopefully when all this stuff hits the street prices DO drop.

That is exactly what WhyCry is confirming, and he is very reliable when he confirms something. Mind you he doesn't have details. Just that RTX 20 Super cards are happening.

Confirmed: NVIDIA to introduce GeForce RTX 20 SUPER series

It might just be the ones that make sense (2060 and 2070 to combat Navi).

I agree some cards need to be EOL. Regular 2060 could stay to anchor the RTX lineup, then 2060 Super moves up and displaces 2070 which goes EOL. 2070 Super and 2080 could coexist.

I saw somewhere that the 2060 Super is going to have 8GB of memory. If that's the case, there really isn't a compelling reason to get a 2070 as the 2060 is significantly cheaper and is within a few percentage points of performance. Would make sense to EOL it.

Again.... Who are you rambling to?
no one in general I guess lol. the community. Obviously no hate for Pascal...dogged the hell out of that one and still troopering on....was blocked now I rigged up the Arctic sink on it just one 100mm fan etc. one of them old ones etc. found one for like 10 bucks lol

Sounds good down there on the lower end. We'll have to see. These announcements never seem to be as good as the rumor for the consumer.

I think someone is working on the 100 post milestone.
Is there any benefit to that?

Either way, I am waiting to see what happens, too. I'm mostly looking for something like a fully unlocked TU104. 16GB of GDDR6 would be a deal closer, too.

Wccftech corrected their reporting. Everyone else was saying 2080 SUPER is an unlocked 3072 core tu104, not a 2080 ti so it was weird wccftech was reporting something completely different.

Have a Valve Index on order and need to upgrade my SLI 980 Super Clock as its only just above the min spec for the headset. To run this thing at 144hz I need some serious horsepower. VirtualLink would be nice for my headset, AMD is unfortunately not using it.
Think I'm holding out until 2020 for Nvidia 7nm, HDMI 2.1 should be a beast or see what Navi 20 brings to the table.

Last edited:
Have a Valve Index on order and need to upgrade my SLI 980 Super Clock as its only just above the min spec for the headset. To run this thing at 144hz I need some serious horsepower. VirtualLink would be nice for my headset, AMD is not using it unfortunately not using it.
Think I'm holding out until 2020 for Nvidia 7nm, HDMI 2.1 should be a beast or see what Navi 20 brings to the table.

Good luck with VR- I'm sensitive to the jerkiness (active 3D stuff killed me), so I'm waiting it out and I'm not entirely sure this Turing-refresh will be enough even at the top end :eek:

This. Nvidia pricing is like taxes. They never go down.

Sometimes they do. Problem is when some stupid craze comes along and wipes out the inventory giving them the incentive to jack even higher the next round.

Wccftech corrected their reporting. Everyone else was saying 2080 SUPER is an unlocked 3072 core tu104, not a 2080 ti so it was weird wccftech was reporting something completely different.

Mostly corrected, though they still have 2080ti chip in their table, as I said when I posted above, that was the most unbelievable part of it. IMO that chip will just go off the market before it goes to 2080 prices.

Here is a Screen Cap from the Igor Link WCCF is correcting with:

NVSuperCap.jpg

Obviously these are too close together and many would have to go.

RTX 2070 only has about 6% more shaders that Super 2060. It would have to go.
RTX 2080 only has about 3% less shaders that Super 2080. It would have to go.

That Leaves all the Supers and Maybe the old RTX 2060. It has less ram so is legitimately cheaper to build, so it could anchor the lineup. Or they just replace them all with "Supers'.

Mostly corrected, though they still have 2080ti chip in their table, as I said when I posted above, that was the most unbelievable part of it. IMO that chip will just go off the market before it goes to 2080 prices.

Here is a Screen Cap from the Igor Link WCCF is correcting with:

View attachment 167460

Obviously these are too close together and many would have to go.

RTX 2070 only has about 6% more shaders that Super 2060. It would have to go.
RTX 2080 only has about 3% less shaders that Super 2080. It would have to go.

That Leaves all the Supers and Maybe the old RTX 2060. It has less ram so is legitimately cheaper to build, so it could anchor the lineup. Or they just replace them all with "Supers'.

Honestly the RTX 2080 Super is what the original card should have been. Due to the 3584 shaders of the GTX 1080 Ti, the aftermarket cards ended up being slightly faster than the RTX 2080 in many DX11 titles once both cards were overclocked. This new 2080 SUPER basically just barely pushes past a good aftermarket 1080 Ti in legacy titles. At least now Nvidia doesn't have to demand all reviews to compare to a reference 1080 Ti...

As far as 2080 going, I think a $599 price is actually pretty attractive and there's no reason to get rid of it. The 2080 SUPER allegedly has 4.3% more cores but also 15% more memory bandwidth. I'd anticipate about a 8-9% performance difference, which is basically the difference between the 1070 Ti and the 1080.

Last edited:
Back