Nvidia is preparing something SUPER

Discussion in 'Video Cards' started by Stoly, May 23, 2019.

1. lostin3d

lostin3d [H]ard|Gawd

Totally agree on all fronts with this. The difference between the 2080/1080TI still causes people to constantly ask which to buy or upgrade. It's hard to get more lateral than that. At least this 'super' makes some sense and the price launch is totally reasonable IMO. I bought my Strix OC 1080TI a month after release for $749 so anything up to that seems reasonable.

2. lostin3d

lostin3d [H]ard|Gawd

Do you know if those errors are more related to chip lotteries or perhaps finer tuning for voltages, etc.? I mostly keep mine lower for heat/fan noise issues and to ensure the most power can get to the core but I tested all the way to 15.4Ghz before I started to have crashes and at that point the core was having a hard time holding over 2033Mhz. 14.3Ghz just seemed to be a sweet spot. I know I'm sidetracking on this thread but you got me curious. I've also been conservative with my voltage increases.

3. Snowdog

Snowdog [H]ardForum Junkie

Another update from Videocardz:

https://videocardz.com/81046/nvidia-geforce-rtx-20-super-series-to-launch-mid-july

Launch date is confirmed for Mid July.
    Announcement date is unknown (can't confirm what WCCF said)

Pricing is NOT confirmed, but everything he hears says Super versions get old non Super prices.

They say Specs are also confirmed as the ones that Igor showed:
    Igors-Lab-GeForce-RTX-20-Super-Specs.jpg

Taken together, I think the old 2070 and 2080 are EOL, and will be in the market only as long as it takes to clear stock. Old 2060 is probably the same, unless they are dropping the 1660Ti pricing to make more room for it.

So it's a spec boost, rather than a price cut which fits NVidia history well.

I expect they will try to get Super cards to reviewers doing Navi reviews, to change the competitive picture before Navi release.

Silentbob343, Nobu, cosminmcm and 2 others like this.
  4. Stoly

Stoly [H]ardness Supreme

Well, supposedly Navi reviews are coming 7/7, I'd love nvidia to crash AMDs party. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::D:D

cosminmcm likes this.
  5. lightsout

lightsout Gawd

Who in the world is Igor?

6. DooKey

DooKey [H]ardness Supreme

feldman.jpg

$trapped, AlphaQup, cosminmcm and 4 others like this.
  7. thenjduke

thenjduke Limp Gawd

8. TeleFragger

TeleFragger Gawd

WOW I totally read that bold word wrong.. where is my mind!!!!!!!!

RazorWind and GoldenTiger like this.
  9. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

Camp David

10. lightsout

lightsout Gawd

The presidents vacation home?

11. TheRookie

TheRookie Limp Gawd

Jensen Huang is really Super-Man, and he came from Krypton

12. mustang-SVT

mustang-SVT n00b

sigh... Nvidia really knows how to screw royal buyers but making things just interesting enough for spending more.

I just dont understand AMD's lack of fighting back... and strange pricing scheme..

cosminmcm likes this.
  13. Nenu

Nenu [H]ardened

His new image.
    Kryton new leather.jpg

Nobu likes this.
  14. reaper12

reaper12 2[H]4U

AMD's lack of Fighting back? Where have you been for the last 10 years? They have no money. That they managed to become ultra competitive with their Zen CPU's is kind of amazing. With the console and streaming contracts that they have and their success in the CPU market, they will finally be able to put some more money into R&D. But, it will be a few years before any of this has any effect on their GPUs.

And what's wrong with their pricing scheme? When they price low, Nvidia outsell them, when they price high Nvidia outsell them. So, just price the cards to make a profit and don't over produce.

Maddness likes this.