Nvidia 980/970 Availability Thread

My tracking from Newegg finally updated... showing Tuesday delivery :(. How did all of you end up with delivery for Monday.. mines two day shipping same as everyone else. Would be nice to see it move along all weekend and get an early delivery, but I'm not expecting it. Oh well... I've waited this long...

I snagged a Gigabyte 970 earlier.

Newegg's site shows some 980's and 970's as Out of Stock, but if you select the card link it shows they have it. If you add to the cart it goes in. So, not sure what's up with there system.

ie., http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487068

Part of me wants to snag a second one, just because I can, and because it's in stock and has the rebate and gift card going. Then part of me says what the hell do I need $1,100 in GPU's for.

I don't think I'll be looking for more performance until maybe Witcher 3... and who knows at this point how that's going to run. My intention was to get one card now and SLI maybe a year from now... but I'm also thinking it won't be easy to find another reference SC model a year from now, and I won't like it at all if the cards don't match.

Oh, also, my wife is gone... she can't tell me no :p. Decisions... decisions...

It's because the card looks cheap. Small PCB, small heatsink. It doesn't inspire a feeling of "high end" quality or ability.

6S6mdmKt.jpg

I think Zotac should put premium blower-type coolers on their cards, and keep the PCB's reference so people could at least put water blocks on them.

The only thing I really like about the Zotac is the short PCB, but the rest does look rather cheap.

What they should've done is made a smaller, decent quality cooler for their 970 (single 100mm axial design like the Sapphire R9-285 ITX and ASUS/MSI 760 ITX cards).. since it's entirely possible, but not being done yet.

There's plenty of other full-length PCB 970s to choose from, but nothing small for ITX builds.

My tracking from Newegg finally updated... showing Tuesday delivery :(. How did all of you end up with delivery for Monday.. mines two day shipping same as everyone else. Would be nice to see it move along all weekend and get an early delivery, but I'm not expecting it. Oh well... I've waited this long...
I live 3 hours away from the NJ warehouse. Super Eggsaver is effectively overnight delivery for me. As is anyone from about NYC to DC. Not sure about the rest.

Part of me wants to snag a second one, just because I can, and because it's in stock and has the rebate and gift card going. Then part of me says what the hell do I need $1,100 in GPU's for.

I don't think I'll be looking for more performance until maybe Witcher 3... and who knows at this point how that's going to run. My intention was to get one card now and SLI maybe a year from now... but I'm also thinking it won't be easy to find another reference SC model a year from now, and I won't like it at all if the cards don't match.

Oh, also, my wife is gone... she can't tell me no :p. Decisions... decisions...

I chose 1 day delivery since it was only $4 more than 2 day, so mines scheduled for Monday.

No one needs $1100 in GPUs. I don't need to work my ass off everyday either, but I do it, so I can afford stuff like this when I want it. You need to work out a system like my wife and I where we pool our money for bills and the rest is each of ours to do what we want with. No arguing. Tax return goes to the house maintenance/upgrade fund. No kids though so that helps simplify it. People think we're crazy, I say we're crazy smart.

No one needs $1100 in GPUs. I don't need to work my ass off everyday either, but I do it, so I can afford stuff like this when I want it. You need to work out a system like my wife and I where we pool our money for bills and the rest is each of ours to do what we want with. No arguing. Tax return goes to the house maintenance/upgrade fund. No kids though so that helps simplify it. People think we're crazy, I say we're crazy smart.

Thumbs up. You only live once, my man. But if you do it right, once is enough.

Do not attempt in SoCal. 5 days from order date was the usual. Will call or bust.
I think the Newegg will call policy is that you need to buy with a credit card using an address from the same state as the pickup warehouse. So I wouldn't be able to will call even if I wanted to, as I don't live in NJ. Plus the gas + tolls on the Jersey turnpike would probably cost more than overnight shipping. Then there's always the risk of death due to driver incompetence. NJ is pretty bad in that regard.

I live 3 hours away from the NJ warehouse. Super Eggsaver is effectively overnight delivery for me. As is anyone from about NYC to DC. Not sure about the rest.

Same here..
I live about 5 hours north of the NJ warehouse. My order shipped from Indiana though.

I chose 1 day delivery since it was only $4 more than 2 day, so mines scheduled for Monday.

The wife bit was sarcasm... She wouldn't have a problem with it. We do fine with money matters. If nothing else, it's more that nows a good time to game. Shes been gone since January. When she gets home in a month I won't be gaming for a while.

I ordered my GTX 980 from Newegg at 7:37a EDT and chose 3-day shipping. I got a UPS tracking number which puts it at my place on Wednesday from California. Next Business day could have been Monday but no earlier so the extra couple days make real difference to me during the work week. I didn't choose "Rush Shipping". Total shipping cost was $7.87.

I'd have chosen Super Eggsaver shipping if it actually gave me a tracking number and a guaranteed delivery date but it doesn't; it ends up going DHL and then USPS and I feel lucky if an item actually arrives. 3-day goes UPS but that's not great either -- they always want a suite number where none exist and I've had deliveries go to a town 45 miles away at one of our other branches as an "address correction" even after explicitly calling the day before and verifying the address. This time I chose what UPS considers a valid address but it doesn't even list the business name -- only the postal address followed by Bsmt which is where our receiving area is.

If they would have had Fedex as an explicit option I would have chosen it as it seems to be the only carrier that consistently makes proper deliveries here.

I cant wait to get either card honestly.
I love what Nvidia has done at these amazing price points.
Its more like the R290 launch and that's a good thing.

Same here, if newegg shipped my 970 from the NJ warehouse I'd have had it Monday, but it shipped from Tennessee so it'll get here Tuesday. I really wish they'd do these launches on a Wednesday so that it would be possible to get the equipment before the weekend. Oh well...patience is a virtue, at least until you are waiting for your stuff to arrive. :D

Found a $30 off $300 coupon for Newegg Business, so my new Gigabyte GTX 970 is on it's way. I was struggling between the Gigabyte Windforce 3x edition and the MSI Twin Frozr, decided the Gigabyte was better (backplate, more video connections, higher default OC).

$350 with shipping :)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...cm_re=Gigabyte_GTX_970-_-14-125-684-_-Product

Got $175 from my bro for my current 680 and old 160gb intel SSD.

The wife bit was sarcasm... She wouldn't have a problem with it. We do fine with money matters. If nothing else, it's more that nows a good time to game. Shes been gone since January. When she gets home in a month I won't be gaming for a while.

It's all good. Game on.

Im surprised and happy that these cards are still instock, it seems like the 970s are are clear winner for the price. I wish 4 way scaling was better I would have went with 4 970s over 3 980s.

any evga reference 970 buyers out there have problems with coil whine? i hope its just few unlucky guys and it's not widespread, as evga is by far my preferred company.

There was 1 980 and 4 970 on the shelf at my Frys. Almost picked up two 970 but talked myself out of it. Want to do a full build on Skylake next year.

There was 1 980 and 4 970 on the shelf at my Frys. Almost picked up two 970 but talked myself out of it. Want to do a full build on Skylake next year.

Which frys did you see the cards? They don't seem to be on their website yet

Well, I went ahead and ordered a couple of MSI Gaming 970s from Amazon. Hopefully they ship before my return window is up on my EVGA 970s. Or maybe Fry's or Microcenter will get some of these in store.

I could have lived with the inferior cooling, but I keep getting voltage warnings in GPUz, and I feel like my OC is being somewhat limited.

Managed to pick up the Gigabyte 970 at Microcenter/Westbury about 2:30PM this afternoon. They started the day with 4 EVGA ACX Superclocked and 2 Gigabyte cards; by the time I was there they were showing 2 GB and 1 EVGA. It's possible they got more in/still have some (website is showing 2 and 2), but I'm suspicious of that, given that it showed 2 GB this morning and I'm quite certain I bought 1.

my EVGA SC 980 just shipped from amazon, I believe theyre back in stock

When did you order? My order says "Order Received - Sep 19, 2014 3:47:28 AM", though that would have actually been 5:45 AM locally(Central) I think. Anyway, still update on a delivery date for me.

Anyone have Amazon ship an ASUS 970 Strix yet? I don't think they've ever been in stock.

oh wow I called on saturday and they didnt have any, oh well mine already shipped from amazon

When did you order? My order says "Order Received - Sep 19, 2014 3:47:28 AM", though that would have actually been 5:45 AM locally(Central) I think. Anyway, still update on a delivery date for me.

Order Placed: September 18, 2014 I actually don't see a time stamp, it was before they were available on amazon though I used the cached link.

My Frys in Woodland Hills had the same amount.

Ended up buying two 970's to replace my 670's.

I checked my invoice and it was actually a $0.53 cable, so you only wasted 46 cents :D

My filler pack of Post-its arrived! My 980 hasn't shown any shipping updates since Friday night, but hey, at least I got my Post-its!

My 980 from NewEgg has been sitting in SLC all weekend and it supposed to show up tomorrow. I wish I had just spent the extra $10 for 2 day shipping.

ordered my Gigabyte G1 from Newegg Friday afternoon, it should be arriving at my house tomorrow

My 980 from NewEgg has been sitting in SLC all weekend and it supposed to show up tomorrow. I wish I had just spent the extra $10 for 2 day shipping.

My card took 3 days to arrive 3 towns away from where it was shipping from. It was actually 2 business days for UPS really but still. I could have had a whole weekend to play with the cards, overclock and get them all settled into my build. Instead they just arrived and I'm stuck at work until I get home in about 3 1/2 hours.

I wish I just went to microcenter Friday and bought them in the store :(

Back