No pro controllers in south Denver. Apparently our Best Buys and Toys R Us stores are getting them on Sunday. On the other hand, I saw actual Switch consoles for sale at both locations. They only had a couple each, but they were there.

Just picked mine up from bestbuy, took 2 minutes for the preorder process. Needless to say nobody has any accessories at all, i ordered a pro controller from walmart, it should be here wednesday. Nobody else even has it in stock to order :(

They actually had a cancellation, and the manager was asking people who wanted a switch. Some younger dude and his dad got it, kid looked thrilled. I don't think he realizes how lucky he is.

That's odd, there are like a zillion available here (consoles that is) in Mass/NH.

All the accessories were in stock at Best Buy ad midnight last night, it was fun people were raiding the place. The only thing that I can't find is an extra dock. I have to admit there was a moment in line last night when I thought I was going to freeze to death but best buy actually handled it well and there was tons of Zelda schwag everywhere in the store, and people wearing Zelda hats and stuff. It was definitely the most hard core thing I have ever done in my 30 years of gaming, but it was so worth it.

The key is getting to someone who will tell you where the stock is going to be.

I think you guys looking for units should focus on Best Buy, and figure out which best buy in the area has their act together on this. They were very helpful, and I was able to figure out where to be and when.

In the Chicago suburban area call Vernon Hills or Gurnee. I got good intel from them and I got a unit as a result.

I am not saying all the Best Buy's are helpful, but if you call around you will eventually get someone on the phone who will help you figure out which store is going to have stock.

Gamestop and the other retailers really were not helpful at all, but Best Buy came through.

That does sound pretty cool actually, minus the freezing your ass off part.

Since there was no pro controller to compel me to buy anything at Best Buy, I just bit on one of those 200GB Sandisk memory cards. They're "only" $70 on Amazon, and at the very least I can use it with my phones if I end up buying mostly cartridges in the future.

Anyone out there with a Pro Controller - Can you give your impression of it compared to 2-JoyCons-In-Grip experience? In that past, Nintendo "pro" controllers, like the Wii Classic Controller / Pro, and WiiU Pro Controller were rather significant in layout difference compared to the default WiiMote and WiiU Gamepad. However, it seems that the Switch Pro is roughly the same shape and has a similar layout, despite some minor differences like the "4-directional buttons" versus the Pro's actual "D-Pad.".

Also, those with the main JoyCons (separately or together) or Pro controller - any luck connecting it via Bluetooth to your PC or an Android device? If so, how well can it be configured?

Edit:

Also, anyone weigh in on cases and screen protectors? First of all... it seems there are 2, possibly 3 manufacturers for Switch cases listed at launch - RDS, PDP, and perhaps "Nintendo" themselves? It seems that "Nintendo" has a single model of Switch case in grey, but it may be different from those various models made by PDP or RDS? Then again, I assume the Sheikah Slate case (which, if anyone is willing to sell I'm interested in buying by the way) is also Nintendo made. Anyone pull the trigger on any of the cases?

Screen protectors seem to come from "screen protector companies" on Amazon like Nilikin and whatnot, but PDP (maybe RDS) also include them with their "starter kits/cases". The Nintendo made case seems to come bundled with a protector as well. These are all the "Film" type, but there seem to be a few "tempered glass" on Amazon, but not from high end screen protector companies...at least not yet.

From a few reviews and reports, it seems that the Switch chassis itself is easy to scratch and perhaps the screen is as well, so I'd be interested in getting some protection. However, it seems odd - Nintendo is used to making things out of "Nintendium" in the past (even the 3DS screens don't scratch easily), so it would be very disappointing if they fumbled here.

Last edited:
A friend of mine that did get a pro controller (in rural Alabama of all places) told me "after playing Zelda with the normal L/R controller for 10 minutes I can assure you that we're all going to want pro controllers for long play sessions."

A friend of mine that did get a pro controller (in rural Alabama of all places) told me "after playing Zelda with the normal L/R controller for 10 minutes I can assure you that we're all going to want pro controllers for long play sessions."

I didn't get my Wii U pro controller until a few months ago, even though I've had the Zelda WW version console since it was released. I love the tablet for most games, but for those like Xenoblade X or Bayonetta which don't utilize touch or dual display much, it's a godsend in ergonomics and comfort both. Battery life is amazing as well, considering its extremely light weight.

Haven't been so universally happy with a wireless controller since the Wavebird came out.

I didn't get my Wii U pro controller until a few months ago, even though I've had the Zelda WW version console since it was released. I love the tablet for most games, but for those like Xenoblade X or Bayonetta which don't utilize touch or dual display much, it's a godsend in ergonomics and comfort both. Battery life is amazing as well, considering its extremely light weight.

Haven't been so universally happy with a wireless controller since the Wavebird came out.

Yeah, I like that one, too. The action on the triggers and bumpers is a little weird, but it has a great shape to it. Plus the charge on that thing lasts *forever.* I've literally gone 3-4 months without touching it and when I fire up Mario Kart or smash it's ready to rock for hours on end. At first I was annoyed that it didn't accept my external rechargeable batteries, but now I'm glad it doesn't.
Supposedly the triggers are more traditional (action is similar to the Xbox/PS) with this one, but it's otherwise pretty similar.

I went ahead and ordered one online from Best Buy (thanks nowinstock.net). Arrives next week. Until then, Aloy and I will enjoy adventuring together. :)

Got mine today, i'm really impressed with the build quality of this thing. I don't have much more to say than that right now, but it's definitely a well built piece of hardware. It's also a lot smaller then I thought it would be. My 3DS XL isn't that much smaller in all reality.

Got mine today, i'm really impressed with the build quality of this thing. I don't have much more to say than that right now, but it's definitely a well built piece of hardware. It's also a lot smaller then I thought it would be. My 3DS XL isn't that much smaller in all reality.

That's interesting that you say that, because I've read a few impressions where people noted that some of the buttons are flimsy and feel cheap, and that it creaks a little bit when there's minimal flex from two handed use. Glad to hear you like it!

That's odd, there are like a zillion available here (consoles that is) in Mass/NH.

That does sound pretty cool actually, minus the freezing your ass off part.

Really, all the walmarts are out. This was at best buy, there are 7 or 8 people in line waiting for them, the manager told them all they were out and they left. After they let us in, dude and his son just happened to be standing by the pickup when the manager came out with another one.

Nintendo nerds are thick in this area i guess.

Really, all the walmarts are out. This was at best buy, there are 7 or 8 people in line waiting for them, the manager told them all they were out and they left. After they let us in, dude and his son just happened to be standing by the pickup when the manager came out with another one.

Nintendo nerds are thick in this area i guess.

I called around a couple of hours ago and the Walmarts/Targets within driving distance for me (I'd say about 30 minutes, I'm not driving further than that for anything) are carrying a decent amount of stock.

Also this: "Nintendo also deliberately added a bittering agent to make the game cards taste terrible. Why? To keep kids and pets from putting the supremely-swallowable cards in their mouths." Neat!

Reactions: SoFGR
like this
lol, I get emailed that BestBuy had them in stock. I go to the website 2 min later and they're all gone :(

Last edited:
lol, I get emailed that BestBuy has them in stock. I go to the website 2 min later and they're all gone :(

I've been getting a few of those and from nowinstock, but those are for online strictly. I'd head to a store near you and check.

Yeah, I'm probably going to do that tonight if my fiance is up for it, lol.

There are 3rd parties selling on Walmart.com for $650 a pop, wtf? Then once it's sold, it goes back to the $299.99 out of stock price, hahaha. This is funny.

Gonna try my luck at the local AAFES tomorrow to see if they're even selling any in store. If so I'll be getting one, but if not I can wait a bit and catch up on Wii U backlog.

The walmart.com stuff is always amusing. Amazon does it, too, so at least it isn't just them. When the PSVR was new the price would range from like $1200 down to $399/Sold Out.
Even the pro controller is priced up on their site right now. It goes from $120 to $59/Sold Out.

Would've preordered had the idiot scalpers not bought up all the BOTW Master Editions. I only buy the top versions of anything.

zelda.png

Me on the right #firstworldproblems

Reactions: SoFGR
like this
Pro Controllers are in stock on Amazon for retail price.
EDIT: Damn that was quick. They went from $50 to $70 almost instantly :eek:

Pro Controllers are in stock on Amazon for retail price.
EDIT: Damn that was quick. They went from $50 to $70 almost instantly :eek:
Definitely picking one up even if I don't get the console now. Fuck this scalping bullshit.

Any left joy-con desyncing issues pop up for you guys?

No, but i only did about 10 minutes of tree climbing in zelda. I'm also pretty close to my switch in my little game room.

After 10 minutes, i'd say this thing is made for pro controller/mobile mode. The joy-con's are so freaking tiny, and I don't have big hands. Trump would even think it's small.

Did anybody else get a launch day PS4? I just hooked up my switch, downloaded a day 1 update, downloaded a day 1 update for zelda... and started playing it in under 10 minutes.

It took weeks for my PS4 to run the only game i had(bf4). The game didn't work at all for the first week... then they fixed single player.. two entire WEEKS later they finally fixed multiplayer which was the only reason i bought the stupid game. What an effin disaster. How did Nintendo of all people, pull off such a smooth launch compared to the PS4.

*mind blown*

This was a really good launch. Updates downloaded really fast.

Most games probably won't tax this system the way Zelda does because of the draw distances and outdoor environments and foliage. Having said that, if it lags this game in docked mode it is just plain under powered. I mean I paid for a premium Zelda machine and I can't get 30fps on my TV? That is a lot to expect considering the form factor.

Why even step up to the higher resolution if you can't hit a consistent frame rate? They should have just kept it at 720P.

Gonna try my luck at the local AAFES tomorrow to see if they're even selling any in store. If so I'll be getting one, but if not I can wait a bit and catch up on Wii U backlog.

The Hawaii NEX had 100+ in stock, and the BX on hickam still has plenty.

The NEX also had plenty of deluxe edition Zeldas.

Pro controllers are in stock right now at Amazon. Don't know if they have been all day or not.

I was able to snag one on the best buy website earlier today and it shipped. Hopefully I'll get it early next week.

Zelda is cool 1 2 switch is a rip off. If anything should have been a pack in game or not even bother.

The pro controller is awesome for Zelda. It really is the best way to play.

The game looks incredible docked to my Plasma. The frame rate thing is a non issue, it is just so much better on a good display.

The game itself is THE BOMB. The machine is brillant. There is just so much potential--even if the software itself does not technically surpass Wii U by a significant margain in terms of raw graphics, this is a dream machine in terms of its portability and flexibility. It is a bit of a splurge but when I game three hours downstairs, grab it out of its dock and head up to bed, put some headphones on and game until I fall asleep, that is pure Nintendo bliss. And with a memory card eventually crammed with games, this will be the ultimate Nintendo dream machine.

And the possibilities are limitess because there are so many control schemes, including motion controls which I suspect will make for an interesting Metroid Prime entry.

Do I think this will being in great third party software? No. But this is the perfect vehicle for playing Nintendo's library of software, old and new, anywhere you want, however you want.

Just get the pro controller it is worth it for sure. Get an extra AC adapter for your nightstand.

And yes the environmental sounds in Zelda are phenomenal.

Attachments

• IMG_1221.JPG
    IMG_1221.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1219.JPG
    IMG_1219.JPG
    258.1 KB · Views: 33
The pro controller is awesome for Zelda. It really is the best way to play.

The game looks incredible docked to my Plasma. The frame rate thing is a non issue, it is just so much better on a good display.

The game itself is THE BOMB. The machine is brillant. There is just so much potential--even if the software itself does not technically surpass Wii U by a significant margain in terms of raw graphics, this is a dream machine in terms of its portability and flexibility. It is a bit of a splurge but when I game three hours downstairs, grab it out of its dock and head up to bed, put some headphones on and game until I fall asleep, that is pure Nintendo bliss. And with a memory card eventually crammed with games, this will be the ultimate Nintendo dream machine.

And the possibilities are limitess because there are so many control schemes, including motion controls which I suspect will make for an interesting Metroid Prime entry.

Do I think this will being in great third party software? No. But this is the perfect vehicle for playing Nintendo's library of software, old and new, anywhere you want, however you want.

Just get the pro controller it is worth it for sure. Get an extra AC adapter for your nightstand.

And yes the environmental sounds in Zelda are phenomenal.

Stop it, man, I'm jealous enough already! :oops:

Good to hear, this is seeming more and more like the perfect console to pair with my PC. Still not going to drop that much money on it, mind you, but it'll definitely be a Christmas gift to myself. Or if the tax return is large enough to splurge a bit on myself.

Well I said there was no way I was buying a switch for one game. That game is being touted as possibly the best ever... they are out of stock though... hmmmmmmmm

Well I said there was no way I was buying a switch for one game. That game is being touted as possibly the best ever... they are out of stock though... hmmmmmmmm

That's kind of how I feel. I wasn't interested at all, but now I am.

That's kind of how I feel. I wasn't interested at all, but now I am.

You have to give it to Nintendo, they know how to market. As far as Zelda being the best game ever, I'd wait until the honeymoon period is over, and look at those reviews.

Back