• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

NFS: Shift 2 Unleashed

To me, it's the perfect way to bridge the gap between the sim enthusiast and the slightly more casual player, without compromising either experience.

No, it's the perfect way to cater to pussies. In my day, racing games had no rewind feature. NONE. It had nothing to do with "sim enthusiasts" and "casual players" because there were no sims on the consoles. Can you imagine rewind in Mario Kart, F-zero, Daytona USA, etc? Fuck no. Yet somehow everyone, not just "enthusiasts" played them just fine even though games like F-zero were way harder than the typical modern "sim." Gamers these days are lazy bitches and hats off to Slightly Mad for not enabling them in their bitchery. They should have taken it a step further and not offered different difficulty levels. I miss the days when the player was forced to rise to the game's challenge instead of the game sinking to the player's level.
 
No, it's the perfect way to cater to pussies. In my day, racing games had no rewind feature. NONE. It had nothing to do with "sim enthusiasts" and "casual players" because there were no sims on the consoles. Can you imagine rewind in Mario Kart, F-zero, Daytona USA, etc? Fuck no. Yet somehow everyone, not just "enthusiasts" played them just fine even though games like F-zero were way harder than the typical modern "sim." Gamers these days are lazy bitches and hats off to Slightly Mad for not enabling them in their bitchery. They should have taken it a step further and not offered different difficulty levels. I miss the days when the player was forced to rise to the game's challenge instead of the game sinking to the player's level.

Yeah that is such a great idea when most developers don't know jack shit about designing a game to be challenging without making it cheap and frustrating. A lot games from "the good old days" were hard due to poor design or because if they were easy people would beat the game in five minutes.
 
Yeah I'm just not even going to go there....

So who's waiting for the game to show up on Steam before buying?
 
Yeah that is such a great idea when most developers don't know jack shit about designing a game to be challenging without making it cheap and frustrating. A lot games from "the good old days" were hard due to poor design or because if they were easy people would beat the game in five minutes.

which is why I have had high expectations from the beginning, because the people from SimBin had a hand in it also, and i know they dont do rewinds

at any rate, let them high rez screenshots commence!
 
I can't buy this right now, even though I really want to - it's because I'm about twenty minutes into Shogun 2, and can't justify buying something else before spending some time on the other.

I love the helmet cam view in Shift 2, though. That's what separates this racer from the others. I think that what the developer is trying to do here is to recreate the feeling of being a professional race car driver in a way that nobody has before. I liked Shift a lot, but the cars felt too much like hovercrafts somehow - they didn't feel like they had wheels?

Hopefully this one will feel a bit better. Also, we know that six months from now, this will be on sale. Damn is it ever tempting though.

I'd like to hear from some people who buy this. :)
 
Picked it up on 360, so I can't say much on the graphics potential... but the game is fun! To me though, it doesn't feel like a "sim" as they have been promoting it. It doesn't feel anything like Forza. Thats not a bad thing, just don't expect that. The whole thing feels a lot less open as far as vehicle customization and the events that are available at any given time. Races thus far are very short, and pay out a lot of money. I'm only a few events in and i'm swimming in cash.

Still, the helmet cam experience is awesome. It takes a little getting used to, particularly when the driver looks into turns. At first, I felt let the game was turning for me, and I'd blow past every turn until I got the hang of it. After a few practice laps though, it became really natural. While the game doesn't look to be overly deep, it's thus far been one of the most engaging racing games i've played.
 
Yeah that is such a great idea when most developers don't know jack shit about designing a game to be challenging without making it cheap and frustrating. A lot games from "the good old days" were hard due to poor design or because if they were easy people would beat the game in five minutes.

"you couldn't beat it" =/= "poor design"
 
game is definitely better in the drift department.. Lots more cars also.. Im loving it!

heres a screen:





Notice the rubber/debris, actually makes the track slicker. Little attention to details like that make this game pretty fun.



Oh and Flat tires! (look at the back tire, its not a shadow, its flat.. Kinda cool, but sucks when your in the middle of a drift. lol)
 
Last edited:
Damn. Drive FX wheel, which is a 360 licensed wheel/pedal setup isn't recognized as a wheel, only as a 360 controller, but it is still able to be configured with a lot of tweaking sensitivity in game settings. No biggie. But on my system, this Damn 266.58 WHQL driver is getting ugly again.....it gave me problems in BFBC2 and Crysis but I thought I had gotten past that....guess its back to 260.99 WHQL again....
 
"you couldn't beat it" =/= "poor design"
He's right: A lot of older games, particularly console games, were just frustratingly difficult as opposed to being intelligently challenging. I don't know if that's 'poor design', per se, but those games are pretty shitty in my book.
 
I really liked Shift a lot. When I got to 100% complete, level 50, I was sorry I "finished" it

I enjoyed the level 1 ,2 and 3 cars the most and still race them. The Lotus Exige my favorite.
I also like Dirt, Dirt 2 and Grid. Couldn't really get into F1 2010 as much as I had hoped to.
I didn't get the latest Hot Pursuit but I will be getting Shift 2 for sure. I am pleasently surprised it's out already:cool:
 
So as mentioned earlier I have the Logitech Drive FX wheel/pedal setup. No matter how I set up the steering it's not sensitive enough, the center dead zone is huge....and I think it's because my wheel/pedal setup is only recognized as a 360 controller, like as in handheld dual analog controller. So I have this huge dead zone with all my steering on the outer most turn angles. I can't drive it like this.....Hopefully we can figure out how to get it working. This wheel is supported in the 360 version of the game. Wish I could fool my pc into thinking this was the Driving Force or similar PC wheel instead of the FX 360 version.

It's looking like steering wheel input lag is on top of everyone's list of complaints of those who use wheels.....It's pretty bad honestly. I hope they get it patched up soon.
 
Last edited:
Picked it up on 360, so I can't say much on the graphics potential... but the game is fun! To me though, it doesn't feel like a "sim" as they have been promoting it. It doesn't feel anything like Forza. Thats not a bad thing, just don't expect that. The whole thing feels a lot less open as far as vehicle customization and the events that are available at any given time. Races thus far are very short, and pay out a lot of money. I'm only a few events in and i'm swimming in cash.

Still, the helmet cam experience is awesome. It takes a little getting used to, particularly when the driver looks into turns. At first, I felt let the game was turning for me, and I'd blow past every turn until I got the hang of it. After a few practice laps though, it became really natural. While the game doesn't look to be overly deep, it's thus far been one of the most engaging racing games i've played.

In Test Drive Unlimited 2 the camera also pans into the corner ahead of the car - it took about two weeks for me to get used to it, but now I would miss it if it were removed. The new helmet cam videos being posted on Utube are awesome.

I have to admit though that I seem to have been spoiled by all the digital download service sales, and that $49.99 consequently seems like a hell of a lot of money for a title. I feel that I should be spending this much money only on specially reserved titles, such as Dragon Age 2 or Crysis 2. I just bought Hot Pursuit for $14 and was surprised by how much fun it was. But $14 was about right.

Anyhow, this one sounds like a winner. Those Sim Bin guys are bringing talent and experience to the table.
 
No, it's the perfect way to cater to pussies. In my day, racing games had no rewind feature. NONE. It had nothing to do with "sim enthusiasts" and "casual players" because there were no sims on the consoles. Can you imagine rewind in Mario Kart, F-zero, Daytona USA, etc? Fuck no. Yet somehow everyone, not just "enthusiasts" played them just fine even though games like F-zero were way harder than the typical modern "sim." Gamers these days are lazy bitches and hats off to Slightly Mad for not enabling them in their bitchery. They should have taken it a step further and not offered different difficulty levels. I miss the days when the player was forced to rise to the game's challenge instead of the game sinking to the player's level.

haha great post

Pretty pumped to be playing this on my projector as soon as it's out on steam
 
It's on Steam now. I like arcade racers, not into sims, hard to determine from the reviews exactly where this falls. Seems a bit between the two, I like the first Shift, not sure how this relates to that one. Opinions? Thanks!
 
Just ordered this off Amazon with overnight prime and the remains of a gift card. Total incl. shipping $18 :) If it's even half as fun as the first shift I'll easily get my money's worth.
 
Didn't play the first Shift, but damn... This game's a blast. I don't know what happened to the last 4 hours lol
 
Runs smooth as butter at 1920x1080 maxed out q9550 @ 3.8 with a single gtx 470.

I had a lot of fun with it. way better than shift 1.
 
I'm using a rumblepad, I gotta say it looks great but I can't get my controls fine tuned to where I am able to do well
 
SLI is not working. GPU temps confirm that :(. I also get some stuttering too. Disabling SLI doesn't seem to make things much better. Hopefully they come out with an SLI profile soon. It made a huge difference for crysis2.

Other than that the game looks beautiful and is such a tease.
 
Is it as fun as the first Shift? And, if there is drift included, is it mandatory to play, or can you avoid that crap?
 
Drifting was the least appealing aspect of Shift to me also.
Downloading Shift 2 through Steam now.
 
handling is better than first Shift, but still sloppy. Annoyed they are going all EXTREEEEEME MOUNTAIN DEWW WOOOO like the Dirt series did. I dont really give a fuck about whoever that formula d champion douchebag is.

Need to tweak wheel settings more for g25 to feel good. I dont like the default sensitivities on anything, so its going to be a process to get it where i want it. Game is straight up arcade though, nothing sim about it.
 
Last racer I played was Burnout Paradise. How's something like this compare to that?
 
Anyone have any recommended settings with the 360 gamepad, I'm trying to turn and it feels like the damn car just goes straight into the wall. Or maybe I'm just going to fast...
 
Annoyed they are going all EXTREEEEEME MOUNTAIN DEWW WOOOO like the Dirt series did. I dont really give a fuck about whoever that formula d champion douchebag is.

QFT

the "xtreme" angle is a bit obnoxious, but thankfully there's little of it in the racing itself.
 
Uh, SF Rush is straight up arcade. This is a little different from that. Its as sim as any Gran Turismo, but not so stale.

well by arcade i mean, other than it having real life cars and real life tracks, nothing about it is remotely sim imo.
i think ill be sticking with the new raceroom.net formula car.
 
Still no answer if drifting events are mandatory or not.

Dont know if its mandatory in the sense you need to use the points from it to unlock the higher driver levels or not. But I do have like 4 other brackets unlocked after the drift bracket..
 
Back
Top