Newegg And Sandybridge

Ordered just my 2600K on Sunday morning, shipped out of NJ yesterday morning and arrived here in VA this morning. Should be out for delivery tomorrow sometime but I'm kind of hoping I might see it today! :D

Out of curiosity did you pay their bogus $2.99 "expedited" fee?

Out of curiosity did you pay their bogus $2.99 "expedited" fee?

Nope. It was just a regular order. I don't think I've had a slow shipping experience with New Egg. I am normally pretty surprised at how quickly I get things from them even when they are shipped from the opposite coast.

That's normally the case for me too... I guess as long as I get it by Thursday I won't be too bent out of shape- I tend to get stuff next day if it comes from the NJ warehouse.

Hostile, Immediately following my phone call (1 minute if that) my status changed from Processing to Charged. Looks like newegg is just dropping the ball and using the "manual verification" as an excuse. You might want to give them a call if yours is still sitting in processing.

I called newegg about 20 minutes ago, the girl said it was waiting for a tracking number and I should get the email soon.

The tracking number just showed up in my email.

I placed my system order @ 1:30 AM EST Sunday morning. All parts but the case shipped from NJ to Northern KY yesterday morning (that's when I received the tracking email). They're in Lexington, KY right now and are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

My case is shipping out of Memphis but I didn't get the tracking number until today. It's still not showing up in UPS system. I really hope it shows up tomorrow or I'll have all the parts and no where to put them....

This was a normal order. For those of you with a bigger delay, it seems plausible they oversold their items.

Wow I hate myself. I drove 30 minutes to microcenter because I thought they had a much better deal on the p8p67 pro 2600k, but I was completely unaware of the combo deal that costs the exact same amount and comes with a free game. I paid the exact same amount ($500), but didn't get a game. When did this become available? I feel like such a tool.

Wow I hate myself. I drove 30 minutes to microcenter because I thought they had a much better deal on the p8p67 pro 2600k, but I was completely unaware of the combo deal that costs the exact same amount and comes with a free game. I paid the exact same amount ($500), but didn't get a game. When did this become available? I feel like such a tool.

I think I saw the combo available around an hour after the processors first came out.

I think I saw the combo available around an hour after the processors first came out.

Man I hope someone refutes this. How the hell am I supposed to find out about the combos anyway? Just happen to spot them on a forum? Only one pops up on the 2600k page on newegg, and it's a $1000+ deal with a bunch of parts I don't want. It's newegg's fault for not making their pricing more evident, because the 329 they ostensibly wanted for the 2600k was way out of line with Microcenter's 270 bucks.

That's pretty good- just $5 more than my combo at MicroCenter and I didn't get a free copy of Civ 5. Not that I'd play it or anything... lol

Sell it :) on the 'bay... if you don't want to play it, that'll shave a good $30 or so off your combo ;).

Man I hope someone refutes this. How the hell am I supposed to find out about the combos anyway? Just happen to spot them on a forum? Only one pops up on the 2600k page on newegg, and it's a $1000+ deal with a bunch of parts I don't want. It's newegg's fault for not making their pricing more evident, because the 329 they ostensibly wanted for the 2600k was way out of line with Microcenter's 270 bucks.

You just click "view all combos" in that combo area with the featured one.

I spent two hours going through the combos for the 2500k & 2600k making comparisons. I just couldn't afford the Asus boards and the memory I need. I say need because I will be doing video encoding.

My order shipped and is stuck down south of me because of snow storms. I'll probably be getting my order on Thursday now instead of tomorrow.

Also, I did fine a USB3 internal card reader. Anyone with a USB3 header on their motherboard might want to take a look.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4558957&sku=U12-40529

So a few days post-release, and no sign of the i7-2600S at Newegg or any online reputable retailer. No response to my email yet either. I'm guessing since it's geared more towards OEMs, that it's not going to appear for awhile/ever. It does seem strange though that Newegg has the 2400S.

Anyway, currently debating between picking up a 2500 or 2600. Not planning to OC, but can't decide between the two.

Sounds like Newegg gave some of you the "round-around" ... I did a chat support today and was told straight up there was a major snow storm that kept all orders from going out Monday from the Tennessee location. I was then promptly offered a $25 dollar credit. This covers my overnight shipping kinda sorta.

This explains exactly why there was a delay as where there normally is not one.

I then checked the weather for that day in that area and .... snow storm.

Also explains why there is one 1 verified owner for a 2600k having left his review on Newegg along with ZERO reviews for the Asus Deluxe.

I get mine tomorrow ... can't wait.

received my i5-2500K from newegg tonight and i've been enjoying gaming bliss in BC2 and Black Ops. amazing performance from this processor :)

Still slightly cheaper to buy both from TigerDirect with 2-day shipping for me, since I pay tax at newegg.

I just ordered and did not see or get that deal! I'm going to try to talk to a rep and see if I can get a credit...

My order, a 2500K, cooler, and therm paste, which I put in early Sunday morning, is coming from TN. But was delayed by UPS because of "Adverse Weather Conditions" in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Now, they are telling me they don't know if I'll get my package Thursday or Friday. A bit unlucky, I suppose.

Well I got that combo deal from a nice supervisor at Newegg. The first lady I spoke to with giving all kinds of attitude and what not like I was lying and making something up although I gave her my sales # and the combo deal #. It's like she didnt know how to work the system or something, or maybe it was just way to early for her, I mean it was around 6AM PST. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well I got that combo deal from a nice supervisor at Newegg. The first lady I spoke to with giving all kinds of attitude and what not like I was lying and making something up although I have her my sales # and the combo deal #. It's like she didnt know how to work the system or something, or maybe it was just way to early for her, I mean it was around 6AM PST. :rolleyes:

This is what happens when great companies become too big. They have to start hiring anyone off the street in order to start fulfilling the volume of their customers and you end up with poor customer service on occasion. I've used Newegg since 2001, probably put in 25-30 orders with never a hick-up, until now. I order from Newegg for the prompt shipping and excellent customer service, neither of which I received this time around. I hope this isn't going to be a trend because thats how Newegg got to where they are now.

prompt service for me as usual. Scheduled to arrive tomorrow. off work and ready to build.

Well my first order from Newegg made it out before the snow storm but was delayed here do to another snow storm. I just got my 2600k & Gigabyte UD3 today (Wednesday). My memory had to be in a different order and I foolishly used egg saver shipping. Until now I've only used egg saver shipping for cables that I didn't need in a hurry.

So hopefully those will be here tomorrow (Thursday). Egg saver shipped from the TN location up to St. Louis for some reason while UPS just ships straight up to their depos south of Chicago. Normally I get 2 sometimes 3 day shipping from Newegg depending on when I place the order and use UPS.

Back