• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Newegg And Sandybridge

I am going to buy a 2600K in the Am tomorrow then sit on my chip which is the most important part for the next week until more reviews come out.

Asus just posted their Maximus IV on their web a few hours ago.
 
So this is like standing outside of the store all night for black friday right? Everyone in this thread is just continually monitoring newegg? Think they will sell out quick?
 
So this is like standing outside of the store all night for black friday right? Everyone in this thread is just continually monitoring newegg? Think they will sell out quick?

id say some of us are monitoring newegg. It takes me about 2 mins to find stuff. Alot of people are monitoring this thread for links to pop up. Im just posting what i find. :D
 
id say some of us are monitoring newegg. It takes me about 2 mins to find stuff. Alot of people are monitoring this thread for links to pop up. Im just posting what i find. :D

I'm waiting for the pop up. Mentioned it before but I don't want to take the chance of them selling out and then waiting for the next batch that gets price gouged. That probably won't happen, there is probably plenty of chips. But it would not be the first time if it did.
 
The biostar has 2 x 8 pin 12v connectors. Do you need a power supply with two to run it, or will my corsair 950 run it fine with one?
 
It was hard to resist the temptation to spend another $20 to get it overnight.

i went for it. fuck it, i've been waiting patiently. i would say it's the least 'thrifty' way i've ever spent $20...but i buy $10 six packs of beer all the time. looks like the next two will be the cheap stuff :)
 
What are you saying yes to, me being able to run it with my 950 Corsair on one connector or yes you need two?
 
Do not feel bad about the overnight shipping charge.

At Least you did not do what I ended up doing.

I went for overnight with my original order. Then I realized that it was missing the motherboard, so I had to make another order. At that time I decided what good would the cpu and ram be without the motherboard.

I wonder if Newegg can help.
 
Do not feel bad about the overnight shipping charge.

Atleast you did not do what I ended up doing.

I went for overnight with my origional order. Then I realized that it was missing the motherboard, so I had to make another order. At that time I decided what good would the cpu and ram be without the motherboard.

I wonder if Newegg can help.

yeah i'd call them and see if you can lump it together (assuming there's a price savings). i don't see why they wouldn't. congrats on the order! :)
 
Would have had it overnighted, but i leave for vacation on Monday anyhow. You know you're a nerd when you look forward to the end of Jamaican vacation to put together your new build.
 
i went for it. fuck it, i've been waiting patiently. i would say it's the least 'thrifty' way i've ever spent $20...but i buy $10 six packs of beer all the time. looks like the next two will be the cheap stuff :)

Yeah, but shipments from the Egg come in two days anyways. I'm still debating on whether I am going to go with a new case for everything or just stick with what I have. That will give me an extra day to make up my mind.
 
any particular reason you're not going with the K variant? if you game at all, it seems worth the small price bump.
I'm more of a casual gamer, and I base my system around a mATX case. I have a i7 920 currently, but between high temperatures due to the cooling limitations and the fact that the motherboard is failing, I figured I'd re-build around Sandy Bridge. I figured the 2600s would be perfect since it still turbos up to 3.8 Ghz, and the 65W TDP would be nice.

Edit - Yeah, they have the standard 2600 and the 2600K, but not the S variant. 2600 and 2600K default clock is 3.4 Ghz (the S variant's default is 2.8 Ghz), and they all turbo to 3.8.
 
(Posted for future reference)
Newegg's phone number is 1(800) 390-1119 and their hours are 5:30A - 5:30P PST. Monday - Friday
I will try to give them a call them in about 7 hours and post my results.
 
i'm sure they'll take care of you, assuming they're open on sunday. if they're not call bright and early monday morning.
 
see my edit above, it's listed on newegg now
Yeah, they have the standard 2600, but not the 2600S :(

(Posted for future reference)
Newegg's phone number is 1(800) 390-1119 and their hours are 5:30A - 5:30P PST.
I will try to give them a call them in about 7 hours and post my results.
Yeah, I'll probably check back a bit more tonight, and if by the morning they don't have it I'll probably try giving them a call also.
 
I'm pretty sure newegg's phone lines are only open Monday through Friday, FYI.
 
I wonder what Newegg's distribution network looks like for these products.

Is everything coming from the West coast or East coast or a mix of the two depending on destination?
 
Back
Top