Newegg And Sandybridge

What are you saying yes to, me being able to run it with my 950 Corsair on one connector or yes you need two?

The 950 will be fine. They are the same connectors, some manufacturers put two on it for extra juice to the CPU for overclocking. When it comes one side will have a cap on it most likely.

Yeah was gonna go for the biostar which looks pretty cool to me plus has the power buttons on board for less, but the dual ATX12V's threw me off. The one review claims that gigabyte recommends two for overclocking.

Order in. But I had to get the Asus Evo elsewhere... I wanted the front USB port thingie.

I called Newegg and was told that since I placed the orders separately, they can not combine shipping.
Worst part is, those orders are coming from the same NJ warehouse and I always have 1 day shipping times without paying for overnight from that warehouse.

Some of the boards have a header for USB3. Could I hook my case's front USB ports up to that? I have a HAF 932.

i believe they would need to be USB 3.0 capable ports

That's what I was figuring. I guess I'll just use a USB3 extension cable to the ports in back when I finally get a USB 3 device. That didn't bother me in the 90s and it won't bother me now.

I'm more concerned about what Intel plans to do with Lightpeak. I have a 4x PCI Ex slot on my mobo open for an add-on card. I guess I'll just wait & see if that's enough.

Combo deals are out, don't know if this has already been posted and I still can't post in the Hot Deals forum :( Saved $20bucks on my P8P67 Pro and 2500K after I called customer service and got the discount applied to yesterday's order :)

2500K Combo Deals
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductCombos.aspx?Item=N82E16819115072&SubCategory=343&SortField=0&PageSize=10&page=1

2600K Combo Deals
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductCombos.aspx?Item=N82E16819115070&SubCategory=343&SortField=0&PageSize=10&page=1

Last edited:
That's what I was figuring. I guess I'll just use a USB3 extension cable to the ports in back when I finally get a USB 3 device. That didn't bother me in the 90s and it won't bother me now.

I'm more concerned about what Intel plans to do with Lightpeak. I have a 4x PCI Ex slot on my mobo open for an add-on card. I guess I'll just wait & see if that's enough.

the ASUS P8P67 Deluxe mobo comes with a 3.5" front USB 3.0 bay, if you're interested in it. i'm not sure what other mobo's have that sort of thing...could be more.

the ASUS P8P67 Deluxe mobo comes with a 3.5" front USB 3.0 bay, if you're interested in it. i'm not sure what other mobo's have that sort of thing...could be more.

I'm aware, what caught my attention was the the ASUS P8P67 Pro & Evo have the USB3 header on the mobo but do not come with the front bay. If there was a full card reader that could plug into those it would be pretty cool.

Sadly for me those boards were out of my price range, I went with a Gigabyte UD3 for now. I'm building up a war chest for a SSD since I want bigger than a 160gig.

I'm aware, what caught my attention was the the ASUS P8P67 Pro & Evo have the USB3 header on the mobo but do not come with the front bay.

No, but they come with rear bracket that has 2 USB 3.0 ports- it plugs into the same port that Deluxe's front bay thingie uses.

got a bit of money back when I tried to get the combo deal on an order I placed sunday at around midnight on a processor/motherboard that was part of the combo deal. Thanks for bringing the combo deals to light. :)

Has anyones order's shipped? Ordered Sunday morning and my order is still sitting in Processing. Most of the time Newegg is very quick.

No, but they come with rear bracket that has 2 USB 3.0 ports- it plugs into the same port that Deluxe's front bay thingie uses.

This, the only other thing the Deluxe adds is a Realtek NIC as a secondary (primary is Intel on both boards), not worth the $50 difference at all.

And the Deluxe has 16+2 Digi+ VRM vs the Pro's 12+2. How much of a difference this makes who knows at this stage (probably not much). But it is a difference.

And the Deluxe has 16+2 Digi+ VRM vs the Pro's 12+2. How much of a difference this makes who knows at this stage (probably not much). But it is a difference.

Sorry, I forgot about that... it's been shown by people for weeks now as well as mentioned in reviews that the extra phases do basically nothing for Sandy Bridge oc'ing. So, I just kinda blanked it out of my mind ;).

Also I don't think the Pro has the PLX PEX8608 controller for the PCI-E lanes. So using USB3 would share bandwidth with the 16x PCI-E slot.

Has anyones order's shipped? Ordered Sunday morning and my order is still sitting in Processing. Most of the time Newegg is very quick.

newegg 'shipped' mine yesterday (sunday) morning, and fedex got it en-route this morning since they don't operate on sundays.

Also I don't think the Pro has the PLX PEX8608 controller for the PCI-E lanes. So using USB3 would share bandwidth with the 16x PCI-E slot.

Good catch, I hadn't noticed that... from what I can find on google it appears to have a small benefit but is just a switch. I can't find any concrete info as to whether it's a good benefit or a negligible one, though.

Bjorn3d said:
the Pro board uses the Asmedia ASM 1440 chip
According to this review, for the additional lanes that chip is used on the Pro.

http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=1973&pageID=9963

Last edited:

Ordered on Sunday and they shipped out today. UPS ground shipping

I've ordered some MX - 2 thermal paste last Wednesday and it's still "processing" lol.

You can always use their live chat feature during business hours and ask them whats up.

I ordered early Sunday morning, and my package's tracking number is still at
"A label for this shipment has been created, but UPS does not yet have possession of this shipment. Once we receive the shipment, the tracking status will be updated."

I ordered early sunday morning, and I'm currently stuck at "charged" status.

Here's hoping it ships out tomorrow!

My 2600K shipped with 3 day UPS, yesterday. Suppose to arrived Thursday, but still sitting at first location in CA to TX.

My TigerDirect order shipped and is due on Weds... ordered with 2-day air shipping as a 2600k+p8p67 pro+civ 5 game combo for $513.xx total incl shipping :D. Glad I paid the $5 more than ground since it's coming from far away...

I ordered early Sunday morning, and my package's tracking number is still at
"A label for this shipment has been created, but UPS does not yet have possession of this shipment. Once we receive the shipment, the tracking status will be updated."

That just means the UPS guy hasn't picked it up from the warehouse yet.

Ordered on Sunday and they shipped out today. UPS ground shipping

I've ordered some MX - 2 thermal paste last Wednesday and it's still "processing" lol.

You can always use their live chat feature during business hours and ask them whats up.

I used the chat feature yesterday and they gave me the typical run around about how it takes 24-48 hours for processing.

What happened to the newegg days when you could order before 1pm and it would ship the same day? :(

I also put in an order with Newegg on Sunday, in the afternoon- 2 sticks of RAM and an SSD. Of course they immediately charged my credit card on Sunday but didn't feel the need to get past the "Charged" step in the order process. :rolleyes:

Yea yea, their website says 1-2 days for "processing" but WTF? If you can bill my damn credit card then you can ship it out the next day. :mad:

Just got off the phone with one of Newegg's rep's and they said that they have 24-48 hours to 'process' my order. She said that they do "random" manual verification's. When I asked why nobody could have done this manual verification yesterday she had no answer for me. I know with all of my previous orders over the years anytime I order anything it goes to Processing then to Charged within 20 minutes. Is it possible that the majority of us are getting the shaft because Newegg sold items they didn't have yet? It seems as if they are attempting to delay our orders so they can get the new Mobo's/CPU's in stock. Lesson learned I will be going through TigerDirect Next time... It's a shame cuz I've been using Newegg since 2001.

Well my order is just some RAM and an SSD so I'm not caught up in the Sandy Bridge hustle and bustle.

Ordered just my 2600K on Sunday morning, shipped out of NJ yesterday morning and arrived here in VA this morning. Should be out for delivery tomorrow sometime but I'm kind of hoping I might see it today! :D

Back