• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New WoW 3.2 patch big changes for mounts

On a PVP server?

On a regular server you can. sure... but Regular Server = boring.... PVP server only FTW

I cant transfer my Human Mage to Bloodscalp where my hordies are... reason is "you have a character of the other faction on this server"

I am sorry did not know that. I play on PvE server but open to idea of transfer to a good PvP server

but that is bizzarre of Blizzard not to allow accounts both faction characters what's the deal ?
 
I am sorry did not know that. I play on PvE server but open to idea of transfer to a good PvP server

but that is bizzarre of Blizzard not to allow accounts both faction characters what's the deal ?

They didn't want factions spying on each other. If there was going to be a big raid, they didn't want players tipping off the other side. Also, people would create a lvl 1 toon to complain about a ganking/camp session.
 
On a PVP server?

On a regular server you can. sure... but Regular Server = boring.... PVP server only FTW

I cant transfer my Human Mage to Bloodscalp where my hordies are... reason is "you have a character of the other faction on this server"

It looks like they haven't allowed transfers yet. Character creation seems to be working though. I made an alliance toon right alongside my Horde dudes, then immediately deleted it lol. I might transfer my alliance level 80 when we get the chance.
 
It looks like they haven't allowed transfers yet. Character creation seems to be working though. I made an alliance toon right alongside my Horde dudes, then immediately deleted it lol. I might transfer my alliance level 80 when we get the chance.

On a PVP server?
 
the other major mount thing is that epic flying training now gets a discount for reputation, which blows for all of us who spent all that money a long time ago. oih well.
 
the other major mount thing is that epic flying training now gets a discount for reputation, which blows for all of us who spent all that money a long time ago. oih well.

Yea, because 1000g is a lot of money.
 
hehe they finally give people what they wanted years ago when a game hits the market which is giving people what they've been asking for (Aion)

played the beta event last week, loved it. half dozen wow friends pre ordered despite the latest wow patch
 
You can say the same thing about quite a few mmo's that have come out in the past few years. People try them in beta, fall in love after only playing a few weeks/months and decide to buy it.

Nothing wrong with that of course, if it's better, great but all too often once the new car smell fades they realize it wasn't all they were expecting and just go right back to WoW.

I am curious to see how end game pvp will look like in Aion but not exactly holding my breath as there seems to be some serious issues with class balance atm. Something like sorc AE dmg + enchanter CC for instance.
 
The new mount levels don't even come close to the impact of friend xp on leveling on old content. If you have a buddy start a new toon with you, you can get 30 levels a day really easy, and 30-60 doesn't take that much longer than 1-30 with the way the exp triples on everything.
 
FFFFFFFFFFFFF WoW. its is probably because of this patch the SC2 beta is coming out late and the game itself is now delayed to 2010.... :(
 
the other major mount thing is that epic flying training now gets a discount for reputation, which blows for all of us who spent all that money a long time ago. oih well.

Don't look at it like you got screwed over paying so much, be excited that it will be cheaper for your new alts.

Not like Gold in WoW was hard to get anyways, now without an epic mount to spend it all on what're you gonna do with it? Leveling from 1-80 I made over 9k on my Druid. Herbalism FTW.
 
hehe they finally give people what they wanted years ago when a game hits the market which is giving people what they've been asking for (Aion)

played the beta event last week, loved it. half dozen wow friends pre ordered despite the latest wow patch

We'll see you back in WoW 3 months after Aion drops. :)
 
Aion? I'd give it one month, tops. ;)

Yeah it is a total grind fest Asian style. Just not my cup of tea. I really wished WAR would have worked out and been cool, but was way too buggy, and even though was a PvP game it got very repetitive and not enough players in the RvR areas. And the PvE was a joke, like an after thought done sadly. I was expecting WAR to be PvP always all the time, no option for non PvP servers, it should be war and battles across the whole zone, no RvR lakes the whole game should have been RvR, but also mix in the Public Quest system too, which was cool but always empty.
 
Even with the faction discounts epic flying is still 4000+ gold, which is a lot of money for more casual players. I wish they would lower the cost as the whole reason for making it 5000g, max level players (during BC) doing 25 dailies a day with nothing else to spend the money on and pooling up massive amounts of gold, is no longer an issue.

Oh well at least now I may be able to gear up my poor little rogue.
 
Been considering re-upping to Warcraft, but unfortunately the majority of my characters are on PVP server Mug'Thol which when I played was frustrating due to all the 70s who'd get bored and come out to kill my alts. Started a guy on a PVE server, but was already burnt out on the game. I'd like to try out the Lich King expansion and content but really don't want to start from scratch again or my half played PVE char. They have any free chraacter transfers from PVP to PVE that anyone is aware of? I know they did PVP to PVP when the server was too full, but that's not really taking the frustration out of the equation for me. I just found the PVP server to be a complete waste of time, because the only time you fought people in a fair fight was for short periods until one side brought more people....or you just got ganked sporadically and either had someone come out to guard you (boring) or switched to your higher level to try to catch em (boring) and if you did they'd usually show up with 3 friends.

I'll admit I got satisfaction from killing dudes that killed me when I was levelling up, I shot right by them in levels. Me around 60, and 2 of them around 63 with their level 70 something decked out guard. But, wasn't a fair fight when they killed me or when I killed them, and I just don't see the point in a server where the goal is to be the biggest asshole.

Played there because a friend talked me into it, and won't be doing that again heh.
 
FFFFFFFFFFFFF WoW. its is probably because of this patch the SC2 beta is coming out late and the game itself is now delayed to 2010.... :(

They have different dev teams. They are in no way linked.
 
So there should be a new expansion still this year :)

http://www.videogamer.com/news/blizzards_tom_chilton_on_the_future_of_wow.html
VideoGamer.com: When I interviewed you at Leipzig last year you told me that the goal is to release an expansion every calendar year. Is that still the case?

Tom Chilton: Yeah I would still say that's the case. We'd like to hit each calendar year.

Either he doesn't know his calendar years very well, he's lying, or he still hasn't understood Blizzard's ability to lag after all the years working there :D

In order to get another WoW expansion out before the end of this gear, they have less than 5 months between an official announcement and the actual shipped product :eek:! The last content patch for WotLK isn't even out yet and they aren't just going to give players a matter of weeks to complete it before it becomes obsolete lol. Beta testing takes quite a number of months as well. I think I beta tested WotLK in August last year, and it lasted up until weeks before launch day in November.

I think I'll trust Blizzard's past trends more than Kalgan's words :p

EDIT: You've also omitted some of his words ;)

"Whether or not that actually happens a year from when Wrath of the Lich King came out, not likely! But we'll see."
 
Last edited:
Either he doesn't know his calendar years very well, he's lying, or he still hasn't understood Blizzard's ability to lag after all the years working there :D

In order to get another WoW expansion out before the end of this gear, they have less than 5 months between an official announcement and the actual shipped product :eek:! The last content patch for WotLK isn't even out yet and they aren't just going to give players a matter of weeks to complete it before it becomes obsolete lol. Beta testing takes quite a number of months as well. I think I beta tested WotLK in August last year, and it lasted up until weeks before launch day in November.

I think I'll trust Blizzard's past trends more than Kalgan's words :p

Just because you would like to do something, doesn't mean you actually get to do it.
 
The brand new 3.2 patch for WoW is a pretty big deal for the game, just released today. Besides new Instances and raids which will be awesome, they finally made the mounts just perfect, and should have been this way years ago.

The summon time for land mounts is cut in half, was 3 seconds to summon your mount, will now be 1.5 seconds. Also mounts are first learned at Level 20...Level 40 for Epic mount, Level 60 for flying mount, and Level 70 for Epic flying mount.

Also you can learn the first flying mount at Level 60 instead was Level 70, and use all around Outlands.


Mounts were perfect in Vanilla WoW, the only started to suck once TBC and WOTLK came out and allowed lvl 30's to get mounts.....worst idea ever. Basically told players to skip leveling content and focus on end game...so much for azeroth. Level 40 for Epic mounts is ridiculous. A mount used to be something only good players had, now anyone who thinks lvl 20's should ride mounts can get one.

You know what, why doesn't blizz just start all players at level 60 now and make them skip going through Azeroth all together? :mad:
Raise the experience cap to the old levels, back when it was still hard to level, and make mounts 40 + exclusives.
 
Mounts were perfect in Vanilla WoW, the only started to suck once TBC and WOTLK came out and allowed lvl 30's to get mounts.....worst idea ever. Basically told players to skip leveling content and focus on end game...so much for azeroth. Level 40 for Epic mounts is ridiculous. A mount used to be something only good players had, now anyone who thinks lvl 20's should ride mounts can get one.

You know what, why doesn't blizz just start all players at level 60 now and make them skip going through Azeroth all together? :mad:
Raise the experience cap to the old levels, back when it was still hard to level, and make mounts 40 + exclusives.

Sorry, how does having a mount make you want to skip low level content? The only difference it would make is that you get around faster so the boredom of traveling across a zone to turn in a quest doesn't make you want to avoid it.

Seriously people, it's just a fucking game. Your time investment in it means absolutely nothing. Got the best gear? So?

As for leveling, faster, yeah, some people do want to get through to new content as fast as possible because we've already played everything else 10 times over and are ready to experience something different.

This is the best of both worlds, allowing new players to experience all that the game has to offer, and still allow veteran players to get new rolls to the end faster so they can enjoy the new content.
 
Sorry, how does having a mount make you want to skip low level content? The only difference it would make is that you get around faster so the boredom of traveling across a zone to turn in a quest doesn't make you want to avoid it.

Seriously people, it's just a fucking game. Your time investment in it means absolutely nothing. Got the best gear? So?

As for leveling, faster, yeah, some people do want to get through to new content as fast as possible because we've already played everything else 10 times over and are ready to experience something different.

This is the best of both worlds, allowing new players to experience all that the game has to offer, and still allow veteran players to get new rolls to the end faster so they can enjoy the new content.
The problem is that because everything is more streamlined now, there is no sense of achievement anymore. At the risk of sounding like an elitist jerk, there was a lot of satisfaction to be had in vanilla WoW by having an item that almost nobody else had. Would you want to take a class and be forced to do all the work only to find out that the teacher never even bothered to grade it and gave everyone the same grade in the end?

Yes, it is a game, and yes, it should be played for pure enjoyment. However, it is hard for most people to enjoy a game if they see that everyone around them is better than them; on the flipside, it is also hard to enjoy a game that you have spent much time getting geared up and good at when you see those who are much less-experienced than you using the same gear.
 
SLiGuy you're gonna have to realize at some point that Blizzards way of catering to both the hardcore and casual crowds these days is to give it to the hardcores first by making it difficult, and then nerfing it later so the casuals get it. It's a cycle at this point, so when my guildies used to whine that they were nerfing content in the next patch to give casuals the gear that they worked so hard for, I'd have to ask...did you expect for casuals to be stuck at the same ilvl gear forever while we got the newer, better stuff...and also, do you forget that you're still going to outgear them when you get the new gear that they are giving you?

Using your analogy it would be like a teacher giving a basic math test in 2nd grade, you get an A and your friend gets a C. Just because he could get an A on that test when your in 3th grade doesn't lower the value of your achievement back in the 2nd grade. Your still going to be getting A's while he gets C's. I could go on but I think you get the point.

And on a side note, I don't agree with playing wow for gear. Play it for the challege, or the competition.
 
here is another snipit from that interview posted above.
VideoGamer.com: You mentioned that one day an MMO will beat WoW, and hopefully it's one of your own. You're working on an unannounced MMO. I've seen a blue post from Blizzard confirming it's going to be a new franchise. Is there any update or hints you can give your millions of fans on that game? I'm sure being who you are you must have some indication of it.

TC: Yeah, certainly I've gotton to see a lot of what's gone on. I've been participating in it for a long time now. But it's definitely not anything that I can talk about. It's not anything I can give any insight into or any hints or whatever.
 
SLiGuy you're gonna have to realize at some point that Blizzards way of catering to both the hardcore and casual crowds these days is to give it to the hardcores first by making it difficult, and then nerfing it later so the casuals get it. It's a cycle at this point, so when my guildies used to whine that they were nerfing content in the next patch to give casuals the gear that they worked so hard for, I'd have to ask...did you expect for casuals to be stuck at the same ilvl gear forever while we got the newer, better stuff...and also, do you forget that you're still going to outgear them when you get the new gear that they are giving you?

Using your analogy it would be like a teacher giving a basic math test in 2nd grade, you get an A and your friend gets a C. Just because he could get an A on that test when your in 3th grade doesn't lower the value of your achievement back in the 2nd grade. Your still going to be getting A's while he gets C's. I could go on but I think you get the point.

And on a side note, I don't agree with playing wow for gear. Play it for the challege, or the competition.
I get what you're saying, my post was addressed mainly to the poster before me who made the comment regarding gear.

I have no problems with casuals being able to enjoy the same thing that the hardcore do. In fact, back in TBC when arena gear came to honor point vendors, I was pretty ecstatic. I do think that they are making the game TOO easy now and they are catering to casuals a little TOO much. I really think mounts at level 20 is a bad idea, along with all the EXP changes in the past two years or so. As a result of that, leveling is a breeze, which means that not only is old-world content unappreciated, but there are also a lot of players who still have not learned their class and its mechanics at level 80, creating a more unpleasant environment overall.

I will agree with you on the competition part, although I still believe that gear is a large part of the game and the primary goal and reason for most players to keep playing. I also enjoy playing the game just for the sheer enjoyment of it; I PvP long after I've bought all the gear I needed with my honor/arena points, just for the kill. Sometimes I wear worse gear than I have, just to complete a set or for the good looks (although I'll always wear my best gear for raids.) Hell, I've ran Karazhan every single week in TBC, even long after my guild was pushing T6 content and I had no more use for BoJs, just for the hell of it. (There's nothing quite like dicking around and having fun on Vent only to find out that it actually IS possible to wipe on Chess!)
 
I really think mounts at level 20 is a bad idea, along with all the EXP changes in the past two years or so. As a result of that, leveling is a breeze, which means that not only is old-world content unappreciated, but there are also a lot of players who still have not learned their class and its mechanics at level 80, creating a more unpleasant environment overall.

I don't play wow at the moment, have been thinking about starting up again which would mean having to buy wrath of lich king and either paying to transfer my char or make a new char. But I have to remember back to when I was rolling alts, as I like to try out a lot of classes to see for myself what they are like instead of having people try to explain it to me. Keeping in mind I played on a PVP server, and all the downfalls that has to offer to people who have to leg it everywhere. Just the sheer amount of running in the game started making me hate playing alts past 20 because if you didn't go to Desolace for quests you'd spend all day getting killed by people looking to grief. And desolace has got to be the worst possible zone as the quest givers are at the bottom left of the map and the majority of the quests are at the top or top right. So you either swam straight north then ran east or took the long road back north.

Stranglethorn is a lot of running but that's a pretty well laid out zone as the quests can be done by the handful without having to run back to turn in too often. And then you could fly to cut down runtime from the bay to your faction camp. Desolace remains the worst in my book. Thousand Needles is pretty rough. Barrens got old just because it's pretty much the only place to go for it's level bracket.

There's just a plethora of low level zones in WoW that have quest givers further away than zones where you would typically be mounted while doing the quests. Feralas comes to mind, tremendously twisty road, but the quest givers weren't on the opposite side of the map. And some quests that were far away typically had items you could click to get the next step or turn it in.

I look at it like they addressed poor design in low level zones by adding mounts instead of redoing the mindless running portions that infect a lot of low level quests. Like the druid form quests and the Shaman totem quests, run run run run run.

While I see they made it easier to level, they hadn't addressed the disparity of how much you had to travel to do quests in the early levels versus after you first get your mount and on. Now they have, it was probably the least labor intensive fix.....but it fixes it.....kinda. Im sure there's plenty of teen level quests that have lots of running, maybe the bonus XP will let you skip those.

I also remember there a fairly unknown quest I think for warriors only down in Camp whatever, the southern camp on the way to Thunder Bluff but still in Barrens. That for the work rewarded you with this (sarcasm) awesome (/sarcasm) white named blade, where the easier quests gave way better stuff this one quest gave a very crappy reward...probably because hardly anyone bothers to do it. I don't even remember what it requires, but I know it was a lot more than similar level quests and resulted in a lackluster item. Just using this as an example that they don't go back and go over the low level quests to make sure they are up to par.
 
Last edited:
What do people see in World of Proncraft anyway?
I played the game for a short time got up to level 80 and got really bored with the game really fast.
Most of the players in these MMORP games are annoying twits with bad grammar
I can not sit for hours on end playing any game.
ugh
 
After watching Second Skin, I don't think I will ever look at MMORPG's the same way. I know not everyone that plays these are that bad, but I think a good percentage are.
 
Sorry, how does having a mount make you want to skip low level content? The only difference it would make is that you get around faster so the boredom of traveling across a zone to turn in a quest doesn't make you want to avoid it.

Seriously people, it's just a fucking game. Your time investment in it means absolutely nothing. Got the best gear? So?

As for leveling, faster, yeah, some people do want to get through to new content as fast as possible because we've already played everything else 10 times over and are ready to experience something different.

They might as well start people at 60 then, according to what you are saying. After all, they spend all the time making it easy for ppl to get to end game content it ruins it for the hardcore player! There is no stratified player system anymore which throws casuals in with the elite raiders, who inevitably get bored that crappy players have the same gear as them which means there is really no point. A MMO like WoW is ALL about elitism and having the sickest gear, take that away and you take away the satisfaction of WoW because you end up catering to casual gamers (IE Lowering mount requirements, Lowering XP requirements, etc.)

And how about instead of leveling a new toon to 80 in a month, you pick two or three classes to play and stick to those if the leveling in Vanilla WoW was too hard?
I quit WoW because there was no satisfaction for all the time I spent getting gear and grinding rep.
 
A MMO like WoW is ALL about elitism and having the sickest gear, take that away and you take away the satisfaction of WoW


the majority of wow players are NOT hardcore,elite gamers, they are casual players.

If thats what the (any) game is to you thats fine, but that doesnt mean thats what it is to everyone. Hardcore gamers are the minority, not the majority.
 
the majority of wow players are NOT hardcore,elite gamers, they are casual players.

If thats what the (any) game is to you thats fine, but that doesnt mean thats what it is to everyone. Hardcore gamers are the minority, not the majority.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that if you take away the incentive system by reducing the satisfaction from leveling, getting, gear, etc then when the casual hits 80 and gets their gear, they ask themselves why they wasted all the time considering they are just one of thousands in their exact same situation.

WoW is all about working towards being a badass, if a casual player didn't think their effort would pay off in some way then they wouldn't play. Although its only once you hit 80 that anyone realizes this.
 
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that if you take away the incentive system by reducing the satisfaction from leveling, getting, gear, etc then when the casual hits 80 and gets their gear, they ask themselves why they wasted all the time considering they are just one of thousands in their exact same situation.

WoW is all about working towards being a badass, if a casual player didn't think their effort would pay off in some way then they wouldn't play. Although its only once you hit 80 that anyone realizes this.

You misunderstand what a casual player is. It's someone who doesn't care if there's not payoff., they don't care that thousands of others are just like them. They simply want to enjoy the game at whatever pace suits them. Hardcore gamers want to be the best of the best in the game. And I think Blizzard caters very very well to both types. I mean come one, are you going to be wearing Ulduar gear when new content gear is so much better? So what does it matter if the casual player gets to wear it too after it's been nerfed?
 
Mounts were perfect in Vanilla WoW, the only started to suck once TBC and WOTLK came out and allowed lvl 30's to get mounts.....worst idea ever. Basically told players to skip leveling content and focus on end game...so much for azeroth. Level 40 for Epic mounts is ridiculous. A mount used to be something only good players had, now anyone who thinks lvl 20's should ride mounts can get one.

You know what, why doesn't blizz just start all players at level 60 now and make them skip going through Azeroth all together? :mad:
Raise the experience cap to the old levels, back when it was still hard to level, and make mounts 40 + exclusives.

What? Mounts should have been 20 since release years ago. I got bored senseless running around to complete quests, and when I FINALLY hit 40 I was disappointed at how slow the mount seemed. And it wasn't because I'm a "casual" player either. This was at the time of my life where I would commonly spend HOURS a day playing diablo 2 looking for teh uber gosu itamz. The travel time in WoW just killed the game for me.
 
What? Mounts should have been 20 since release years ago. I got bored senseless running around to complete quests, and when I FINALLY hit 40 I was disappointed at how slow the mount seemed. And it wasn't because I'm a "casual" player either. This was at the time of my life where I would commonly spend HOURS a day playing diablo 2 looking for teh uber gosu itamz. The travel time in WoW just killed the game for me.

Couldn't agree more :D My Brothers got into WoW like 2005/2006, and their biggest complaint of all, was how walking accross some of the larger zones was painfully slow and a waste of time. We are all casual players, in a good Guild, and having to wait for Level 40 for the first mount just blew, and good point the first mount was barely any faster than a Hunters run.

Bets idea ever to have mounts at 20, that may bring out new alts to be made because it will be more fun now, and the Epic mount at 40 is just right, as is Level 60 for flying mounts now = perfect. I mean why go through 10 levels in Outlands on horse, when you were meant to fly there the whole time. I still hate the idea of waiting to Level 77 to be able to fly in Northrend.
 
Back
Top