• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New WoW 3.2 patch big changes for mounts

people, some of you act like giving people mounts at 20 & epic mounts at 40 really changes something beyond the speed of which people can get around, and a bit of an increase in the speed at which people can level....it DOESN'T.

instead of being mad about the mount changes, you should be more concerned about the fact that they increased the amount of experience you get on sub-70 toons to help increase the ease at which you level (which they did a LONG time ago). or you should be more concerned about heirloom gear with stats on them that increase the amount of experience you gain from quests and mob kills (heirloom shoulders, anyone?). or you should be more concerned about the recruit-a-friend program that TRIPLES the amount of experience you get when the two toons play together.

having a mount at a lower level doesn't make it any less difficult to level, it just makes it take less time to get from place to place. it also doesn't mean that someone doesn't know how to play their toon....trust me, if someone played their own toon to max level and they still don't know how to play their class properly, the speed at which they leveled has NOTHING to do with it....they're gonna suck at it, regardless.

i think the mount changes needed to be done a LONG time ago, the most needed of which was the increase of the non-epic flying mounts.....whoever decided that they should be only 60% speed, when you can go 100% on an epic land mount needs to be beaten, skinned alive, then shot in the kneecaps and left to slowly die of blood loss (OK, not really, but they DO need a good bitch-slap).

and for those of you arguing about the "sense of accomplishment", you're looking at it all wrong. the "hardcore" gamers are ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS gonna pwn the "non-hardcore" gamers. it's a simple fact. the "hardcore" players are always going to have the best gear, because they spend the time & effort in getting it. you act like when they allow "non-hardcore" players to have equivalent gear that all of a sudden, they're gonna be able to pwn the "hardcore" players....but it's simply not true. by the time they allow those "non-hardcore" players to have gear that's equivalent, there will already be other, higher-level gear that only the "hardcore" players are going to be able to get.....so in the end, everyone is in exactly the places they should be.

i guess the "hardcore" players want to be able to continue getting more & more uber, while the "non-hardcore" never get anything better, so that instead of two or three shotting them, they can single-shot them instead.....how fair is that?

if you're a "hardcore" gamer and get all butt-hurt over this, you end up sounding just like a lot of the "casual" players that just want stuff handed to them all the time. get over it, and either be hardcore or don't.
 
60% flying mounts were retarded. I ended up using my 100% ground mount most of the way, and then only switching to the air when you absolutely had to.

The cold weather flying at 77 will be patched out in the coming months I bet. Flying was supposedly restricted until then because Blizz wanted people to enjoy the new scenery, and not just fly over it. And then they went and put about 6 flight paths in each zone ;) It’s just another way for them to slow down progress and make the game seem to have more content.
 
60% flying mounts were retarded. I ended up using my 100% ground mount most of the way, and then only switching to the air when you absolutely had to.

The cold weather flying at 77 will be patched out in the coming months I bet. Flying was supposedly restricted until then because Blizz wanted people to enjoy the new scenery, and not just fly over it. And then they went and put about 6 flight paths in each zone ;) It’s just another way for them to slow down progress and make the game seem to have more content.

yeah that cold weather flying really gave me blue balls. I went and bought the Epic flying mount for $5k gold as soon as I turned 70 :eek: And I turned 70 right around when WoTLK was coming out, did not read the info about Northrend being a no fly zone until 77. Having to use the old horse for 7 levels sucked when knowing I had this bad ass mount already paid for.

Hope they change that
 
yeah that cold weather flying really gave me blue balls. I went and bought the Epic flying mount for $5k gold as soon as I turned 70 :eek: And I turned 70 right around when WoTLK was coming out, did not read the info about Northrend being a no fly zone until 77. Having to use the old horse for 7 levels sucked when knowing I had this bad ass mount already paid for.

Hope they change that

Well, you can buy your alts a 1000g heirloom tome (single use) to get them flying at level 68 I think. A great incentive to level alts for those who've "been there" before.
 
Well, you can buy your alts a 1000g heirloom tome (single use) to get them flying at level 68 I think. A great incentive to level alts for those who've "been there" before.

So once my DK reaches 80, he is currently 78, I have another good character a Blood Elf Paladin Level 70 right now, still in Outlands questing with my Brother a 67 Warlock.

My DK once 80 can buy this tome, and give it to the Paladin ? And then one click and the Paladin learns Epic flying + winter weather, and can fly all over Northrend at Level 70 ?
 
My DK once 80 can buy this tome, and give it to the Paladin ? And then one click and the Paladin learns Epic flying + winter weather, and can fly all over Northrend at Level 70 ?

The tome gives only cold weather skill for 68+ char. You still have to plunk 5k for epic flyer skill.
 
The tome gives only cold weather skill for 68+ char. You still have to plunk 5k for epic flyer skill.

Oh well that blows. I would think spending $5k gold for one account should be enough., Who the hell can pop $5k each character for Epic flyers ? :eek:

Then I guess I will keep the cheap Level 60 flying mount that now moves at 150% speed, thats the one I can continue to fly in Northrend if I get this tome ?
 
Oh well that blows. I would think spending $5k gold for one account should be enough., Who the hell can pop $5k each character for Epic flyers ? :eek:

Then I guess I will keep the cheap Level 60 flying mount that now moves at 150% speed, thats the one I can continue to fly in Northrend if I get this tome ?

cold weather flying skill requires you have epic flying skill first, unless that has changed
 
I think your DK can probably buy this tome as soon as you get to Dalaran, but don't quote me on that. The BE chick on the blue hawkstrider at Krasus' Landing sells it.

Keep in mind that heirloom items (with that tan colored text) can only be transfered among other characters that exist on your account, on the same realm.

And yeah, all it does is gives your alt the ability to fly in Northrend as soon as level 68, assuming you already have some level of flight skill. Besides that, it's identical to getting to level 77 for the first time and learning it yourself.
 
Does it? I can't remember clearly, but I recall some people flying around in their slow (60% back then) mounts. Poor bastards. :D

just checked, cold weather flying requires 225 riding skill, so it doesnt require epic flying (which is 300)
 
Back
Top