New Samsung 4k for everyone.

whats the detail like on the 48" ?

I know people wax lyrical about PPI but given your sat a bit further back I imagine its still pretty good ? 24" @ 1080p is decent enough although around 21" and its starting to get to a point at normal distances you cant tell the pixels at all and the image is very crisp... your sat further back though.

is it clear as in can you look into the image well ?

It is indistinguishable from a 23-24" 1080p from a perspective of pixel quality, just much bigger.

I am getting monitor quality out of this thing.

The DPI is a little lower than it was with my 30" 2560x1600 U3011, and if the JS9000 existed in a 40" version, I probably would have been happier with that than the 48", but this is what exists and it is great.

I tend to play games at about arms length, so roughly 2.25ft.

This is really more of a TV sized high resolution monitor with HDMI only inputs than it is a TV.

When I had the LG oled it got 34ms on the middle bar with the Leo Bodnar tester. This was with game mode on in normal mode then changing input to PC. Having compared the responsiveness of the LG Oled to the Samsung 55JS9000 I have now and the Samsung 48JU7500 I previously had, the Samsung's feel more responsive and the lag tester backs this up ( for 1080p at least).

I also want to add that the input lag of my js9000 vs the ju7500 I had in game mode feels identical, and the lag tester shows this too, so I am not sure what your on about the two being different.

Just so you know I have tested the firmwares from 1006/7 which was the shipping firmware all the way up to firmware 1220. I have not seen a negative for upgrading firmwares, the lag has stayed the same. I even went and bought another Samsung to test your theory ( the 40ju7100) and tested the stock 1006 firmware with the lag tester and it got the same numbers in game mode as the newest firmware at the time ( was 1217 ).

PC mode on the JS9000 is still causing my tester to respond 0ms, it clearly isnt 0ms but this did not happen with any other tvs I have tested, so it is weird.

I also have the Benq BL3201ph 4k monitor, I even removed the matte film ( pics are in the official thread on this forum ) and the JS9000 blows it away, the only thing the Benq has over the Samsung is no PWM. Otherwise its a no contest and that is with an almost no glow Benq! Fun fact the Benq has 9.ms for the middle bar on the Leo Bodnar and playing games on that and the Samsung doesn't feel much different overall. The better colors and blacks on the Samsung and the much larger size wins out.

What kind of findings have you found for the LG oled compared to the Samsungs for input lag?

My conclusion is that the Samsung for gaming was better then the LG oled I had, especially the js9000, the js9000 has less blur then the ju7500, enough for me to notice in games.

For gaming, there is no display I would rather have then the JS9000 and that is saying alot!

I also wanted to say that the JS9000 image feels more stable to me over the JU7500, the PWM bothered me on the JU7500 and on the JS9000 it does not bother, an interesting observation I noticed, my eyes don't get tired on the JS9000 like they did on the Ju7500.

Great post, thanks for all the info and your comparison to the 1080 LG oled. Hopefully the LG EF9500 that comes out next month will have an even lower input lag than the Samsung JS9000. I want to be on OLED in the near future.

Great post, thanks for all the info and your comparison to the 1080 LG oled. Hopefully the LG EF9500 that comes out next month will have an even lower input lag than the Samsung JS9000. I want to be on OLED in the near future.

It's gonna be several years before OLED doesn't suck in terms of burn-in. ...If ever.

It's gonna be several years before OLED doesn't suck in terms of burn-in. ...If ever.

This is not the case with today's OLED tech. My Samsung phones have never shown signs of burn-in. And my OLED TV hasn't shown any signs despite being on the desktop for hours at a time.

Truth - or we'd already have OLED monitors galore.

I'd argue the reason OLED monitors don't exist is because of the market. In phones, it makes sense for Samsung because they're the first to perfect it and sell what, millions of devices? Their small OLEDs are the best phone displays hands down. For other companies, they will be playing catch up for a long time.

LG took the leap for TV tech. Samsung tried, but is clearly less interested. Both are markets with a large number of consumers. Most people using a computer don't care what their monitor looks like, and rarely buy expensive ones. We are a niche market.

Zarathustra[H];1041815171 said:
That quoted test doesn't jive with my - admittedly anecdotal - experiences.

That being said, it's from back in may, so it may have been accurate for the firmware at the time.

Theya re suggesting that PC mode and Game mode are equivalent. Personally, I notice a SIGNIFICANT improvement going from PC mode to game mode. When doing a side by side test next to my Dell 2007fp's PC mode is quite a bit behind them, but game mode looks the same. I have no idea what the 2007FP IPS versiosn input lag is though, but this illustrates that there definitely is a difference between the two, even in 4k.

Maybe they forgot to enable Game Mode, and just tested PC input vs game input, without enabling game mode? That would make more sense to me. With them not measuring any significant difference between the two modes, there is definitely something wrong.

I'm confused over the email in Nitemare's post. Is Rtings saying that the input lag in PC and Game mode is 36ms+16ms=52ms?

edit: and furthermore, yeah...my experience parallels that of Z. The 52ms figure aside, there's no way that the input lag in PC and Game mode are equal. There's noticeably less lag in Game mode.

I still lurk this thread even though I no longer own any of these TV's. I had a fair amount of knowledge so I want to help out a bit if I felt it was necessary.

What I said about that LG OLED TV matching the JS9000 response time was probably incorrect. The LG felt a little laggy (1080p model), but when I tested it with the camera stills, it showed to be equal. I have no idea why... definitely needed more testing. My 55" 4K OLED is definitely slower than the JS9000 was. Yeah, it kind of sucks but I have gotten used to the lag in everything except for the desktop due to V-Sync being enabled there. It puts me at a competitive disadvantage, but the image quality is that good... I seriously couldn't go back to an LCD, even the likes of the JS9000, after being exposed to OLED at this size.

The Samsung is definitely the better twitch/competitive gaming TV, but the OLED is better at everything else. I play mostly FPS right now... there are times where the response time surely gets me killed and makes me aim slower, but I still perform well enough in my games to have fun and love what I'm looking at :cool:.

That RTINGS test was from awhile ago as mentioned. In that firmware at the time, 4K was definitely slower than 1080p for some reason. It had since been resolved in updates, and the JS9000 was damn fast when I still had it! But for $2,000, I felt my money was better served getting a bigger TV that trumped it in every other way despite being much more expensive.

Yields are oled's biggest problem and I think that's why samsung dropped the large display market. Last I read the reason LG has stuck with large oled devices is because they have much much better yields than Samsung was getting thus making them much cheaper for LG to produce. The reason I read was because LG bought some sort of white oled technology/patents from kodak and the process is much better yield wise for large displays but this is why they use white oleds with a color filters to produce the other colors. From what I read online LG just barely hit 80% on 1080p oled displays and 65% on 65" and 77" 4k displays. That's costly to have to throw away/recycle 20% and 35% of your displays.

Last edited:
This is not the case with today's OLED tech. My Samsung phones have never shown signs of burn-in. And my OLED TV hasn't shown any signs despite being on the desktop for hours at a time.

I'd argue the reason OLED monitors don't exist is because of the market. In phones, it makes sense for Samsung because they're the first to perfect it and sell what, millions of devices? Their small OLEDs are the best phone displays hands down. For other companies, they will be playing catch up for a long time.

LG took the leap for TV tech. Samsung tried, but is clearly less interested. Both are markets with a large number of consumers. Most people using a computer don't care what their monitor looks like, and rarely buy expensive ones. We are a niche market.

I still lurk this thread even though I no longer own any of these TV's. I had a fair amount of knowledge so I want to help out a bit if I felt it was necessary.

What I said about that LG OLED TV matching the JS9000 response time was probably incorrect. The LG felt a little laggy (1080p model), but when I tested it with the camera stills, it showed to be equal. I have no idea why... definitely needed more testing. My 55" 4K OLED is definitely slower than the JS9000 was. Yeah, it kind of sucks but I have gotten used to the lag in everything except for the desktop due to V-Sync being enabled there. It puts me at a competitive disadvantage, but the image quality is that good... I seriously couldn't go back to an LCD, even the likes of the JS9000, after being exposed to OLED at this size.

The Samsung is definitely the better twitch/competitive gaming TV, but the OLED is better at everything else. I play mostly FPS right now... there are times where the response time surely gets me killed and makes me aim slower, but I still perform well enough in my games to have fun and love what I'm looking at :cool:.

That RTINGS test was from awhile ago as mentioned. In that firmware at the time, 4K was definitely slower than 1080p for some reason. It had since been resolved in updates, and the JS9000 was damn fast when I still had it! But for $2,000, I felt my money was better served getting a bigger TV that trumped it in every other way despite being much more expensive.

So native 4k on the Samsung is now at the same speed as 1080p native for lag?

I do love Oled, and the one you got is really impressive, there is real issues of burn in on them, I have seen it on the display models at Best Buy, granted those are in torch mode. If they got the input lag down I would totally jump back in, especially at the price it is now but they wont be lowering the lag anymore more then likely.

LG TVs are usually bad with lag so hopefully some other company will make tv using their panel.

...I do love Oled, and the one you got is really impressive, there is real issues of burn in on them, I have seen it on the display models at Best Buy, granted those are in torch mode....

Burn and torch mode? Do you mean that if the same image is on for too long, it will burn into the panel, and sort of never go away? Or?

I am not up to speed on this one, as I have no experience with OLED what so ever.

Calibration

For those interested in calibration. I came across some gradient in another thread in this forum, and using full scale gradients, my previous results could do some work. Also, my TV went from stable and fine, to shift in the shadows, following the last firmware upgrades.

I have played around for hours, and ended up with going all native, that is color tone standard and not color tone warm2. In my case, that improved the color resolution, and resulted in more predicable results for my calibration software in the shadows. I only get correct results in the shadows, using color tone standard.

Deviation after calibration has improved by the firmware updates. My max dev was consistently 4 for one color, and after 1214, is consistently 3. 40/48 colors have no deviation, 7/48 have dev 1, and one color has dev 3.

Also, AdobeRGB coverage has grown to 80% up from 79%. That is a constant change. Measured it more than five times now, and at very different settings.

All this might sound fantastic, but uniformity of that backlight, leaves a lot to be desired. I got no pixel issues, as in no stuck or dead ones, but uniformity is seriously bad. It sort of negates the great accuracy obtained at the center. I would not recommend the 65" 7005, if you need even colors across the screen. I guess I just have to live with it, to something better comes along.

I also played around with clear fonts in windows, and in my case, that helped a lot. I used to have some red or green shadows for text, but they are mostly gone now. Text appears to be most readable at sharpness 35 now, as opposed to 50, before the adjustment.

As for PWM, I played around for hours, trying to calibrate at backlight of about 6-9. After a while, the screen seemed to be flickering to me. I went the other way as well, and cranked the PWM to max (20), and reduced the contrast to 60, and brightness to 44. I found that much more pleasing to my eyes, and those settings had excellent rendering of the gradient. (read: great color resolution).

Color resolution was much better after calibration, using these settings, than my old warm2, 11 backlight, 74 contrast, and 42 brightness had. Accuracy in the shadows, improved significantly.

Colors also shift more in brightness across the screen, and less in tint, as compared to before.

I loose accuracy in games, as calibration in PC is lost there. The colors are cool, so a change for warm2, is something I might be doing for games. Gamma is just fine.

I checked out with the lag tester if Smart Led increases lag, for low and standard it only adds 1.0ms of lag, which is nothing. So if you have issues with black uniformity with the tv, use this setting as it helps immensely!

This is for game mode btw.

I also figured out why the Leo Bodnar was getting a 0ms for PC mode, the backlight in pc mode at level 20 is equal to level 10 outside of pc mode. If I left the backlight at 20 in pc mode I was able to get a constant rating and that was 55ms in pc mode. Not great but at least I know what was going on. The light output is seriously reduced in PC mode, 20 backlight is probably where you want to start if calibrating it. This is vastly different then prior Samsungs I have/had.

I checked out with the lag tester if Smart Led increases lag, for low and standard it only adds 1.0ms of lag, which is nothing. So if you have issues with black uniformity with the tv, use this setting as it helps immensely!

This is for game mode btw.

Yeah, it can be helpful, but it also has its drawbacks.

It is region based, so if there is a small amount of information to display, in an otherwise dark black area of the screen, it too will be dimmed.

I use a plan black desktop background in Windows, and found that my task bar gets really dimmed if I have smart LED on.

Presumably this is why in PC mode the option is greyed out, and can't be enabled.

I disabled smart led for a while when I made the task bar discovery. Didn't notice much difference in game, but I really only use game mode in games, so the traskbar problem doesn't bother me too much (I switch back to PC mode when I quit) so I decided to reenable it, just in case I ever have an issue with blacks in game.

KNowing that it adds another ms of lag makes me question that though. A single ms isn't a big deal, but all these little 1 ms here, 1 ms there can add up.

If the input lag is about 25 ms on my Samsung 40" ju6550, same input lag is for the bigger 48" ju6550 ?
Thank you

Anyone notice worse chroma on 1224? I swear red text on black black ground looks way worse than it did before.

I had ( http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1832238 ) up in a tab before the update, then came back several days later and I swear the red text looks like shit now compared to how it was.

Edit: Nevermind... Something with the scaling. 4k looks fine, 1080 awful.

Last edited:
If the input lag is about 25 ms on my Samsung 40" ju6550, same input lag is for the bigger 48" ju6550 ?
Thank you

I'm going to sell the Samsung and think to buy a 48" one, but i'm nut sure if i should go for Samsung UE48JU6550 or Samsung UE48JU7500.
The Samsung JU7500 is about 400 euro expensiver.
Do you think it's worth the extra $$$ ? :)
Does the JU 7500 had a better display ( colors, contrast , etc ) compared to JU6550 ?
I know, the input lag is great for JU 7500, which is about 21 ms.
But JU 7500 has a glossy display, i never had bevore a glossy display, i don't want to watch myself in the mirror when i'm browsing the internet, gaming, etc
Thank you

Last edited:
Hi! I have some questions.
How does look Fallout3/New Vegas dialogs and texts with gaming mode?
Are 6xxx series flicker free at 100% brightness?
Are Samung 6xxx better than Phillips 4065UC?
Thank you.

Hi! I have some questions.

Ok.

How does look Fallout3/New Vegas dialogs and texts with gaming mode?

You know, I haven't had that game installed in a LONG time. I can fire it up and find out. This screen looks good in everything though, so I don't expect to find any issues. As far as the Chroma goes, you might be annoyed with colorful text on the desktop for hours in Game mode, but in a game I doubt you'd even notice any difference.

Are 6xxx series flicker free at 100% brightness?

To most of us they are flicker free at all levels of brightness. If you are sensitive to PWM however, yes, it is my understanding that when you turn the brightness all the way up the side effects of PWM dimming are no longer there (because you are no longer dimming)

Are Samung 6xxx better than Phillips 4065UC?

I've never tried the Philips, so I can't compare specifically, but I will say the following.

Generally there is no such thing as "better than". This doesn't just apply to screens, but to everything in life.

Sure, there are some rare corner cases where you compare two options and one is better in just about every regard than the other, but this happens very seldomly.

When you ask about "better" you always need to specify what details you are looking for. There are so many variables in these thingsm, that in all likelyhood when you compare any two models, one will be better in certain aspects, and the other will be better in others.

Generally when anyone says anything is "better than" anything else, approach them with extreme scepticism. it may be better suited to their needs, or "better at X" but straight across the board "better than" is a rare if not impossible phenomenon, and if you ask for it will more likely come down to opinion rather than fact as the person or people you are asking tries to parse the individual attributes and decide which are the most important.

Zarathustra[H];1041819751 said:
I've never tried the Philips, so I can't compare specifically, but I will say the following.

Generally there is no such thing as "better than". This doesn't just apply to screens, but to everything in life.

Sure, there are some rare corner cases where you compare two options and one is better in just about every regard than the other, but this happens very seldomly.

When you ask about "better" you always need to specify what details you are looking for. There are so many variables in these thingsm, that in all likelyhood when you compare any two models, one will be better in certain aspects, and the other will be better in others.

Generally when anyone says anything is "better than" anything else, approach them with extreme scepticism. it may be better suited to their needs, or "better at X" but straight across the board "better than" is a rare if not impossible phenomenon, and if you ask for it will more likely come down to opinion rather than fact as the person or people you are asking tries to parse the individual attributes and decide which are the most important.

Don't mean to be rude but those paragraphs are just wrong, of course some things are better than others. All of the things that are "better" or "worse" are measurable, contrast, color accuracy, gamut, motion blur, response time, input lag etc etc. all of these things are either "better" or "worse" there is no grey area.

Thanks Zarathustra[H] for answering. Better I meaned does Samsung have better quality control(less change to get dead pixels panel), build quality and less known bugs. Its so hard to choose, they are very similars both AMVA panels and 40''. i am interested in Samsung UE40JU6472 its about 50€ cheaper too than 4065UC, but AMD cards are cheaper and 4065UC support display port

Don't mean to be rude but those paragraphs are just wrong, of course some things are better than others. All of the things that are "better" or "worse" are measurable, contrast, color accuracy, gamut, motion blur, response time, input lag etc etc. all of these things are either "better" or "worse" there is no grey area.

If you narrow it down to individual aspects of the panel - of course.

I'm saying for the product overall. Some of these are going to be better on one, some on the other. It is very rare to find a produce which across the board is "better" than another.

Even a Geo Metro is better than a Lamborghini at some things (fuel economy, reliability, cost, ease of finding a good garage to work on it, ease of finding parts, etc.)

Thanks Zarathustra[H] for answering. Better I meaned does Samsung have better quality control(less change to get dead pixels panel), build quality and less known bugs. Its so hard to choose, they are very similars both AMVA panels and 40''. i am interested in Samsung UE40JU6472 its about 50€ cheaper too than 4065UC, but AMD cards are cheaper and 4065UC support display port

Yeah, in that regard I can't be of assistance. I have never played with one.

Zarathustra[H];1041820935 said:
If you narrow it down to individual aspects of the panel - of course.

I'm saying for the product overall. Some of these are going to be better on one, some on the other. It is very rare to find a produce which across the board is "better" than another.

Even a Geo Metro is better than a Lamborghini at some things (fuel economy, reliability, cost, ease of finding a good garage to work on it, ease of finding parts, etc.)

As you go up the range the screens get better, other than price and flat vs curved there is nothing better about the lower models compared to the higher models, therefore the higher models are "better". But a 40" might be better than a 55" because it has more PPI. I wish they would make flat versions of the high end curved screens though, for example f8500 with a flat screen and FALD.

Last edited:
I'm going to sell the Samsung and think to buy a 48" one, but i'm nut sure if i should go for Samsung UE48JU6550 or Samsung UE48JU7500.
The Samsung JU7500 is about 400 euro expensiver.
Do you think it's worth the extra $$$ ? :)
Does the JU 7500 had a better display ( colors, contrast , etc ) compared to JU6550 ?
I know, the input lag is great for JU 7500, which is about 21 ms.
But JU 7500 has a glossy display, i never had bevore a glossy display, i don't want to watch myself in the mirror when i'm browsing the internet, gaming, etc
Thank you

Any advices, guys ?
Is it worth the JU7500 over JU 6550, both 48 inches ?
Whats the advantages for JU 7500, except lower input lag - 21 ms vs 25 ms ??
Better colors ? Better contrast ?
I will never use it as a TV.
Thank you

I was looking at that TV, (7500) it has frame dimming which might be better than no dimming (it is on Sony, but might not be on Samsung, depends if the implemented it well or not)

Maybe the 6740 does it as well I don't know, it is hard to trawl through the marketing names to find out what they actually mean. I think the samsung marketing name for local dimming is "Precision Black (Local Dimming)" but I don't know 100%

Last edited:
Any advices, guys ?
Is it worth the JU7500 over JU 6550, both 48 inches ?
Whats the advantages for JU 7500, except lower input lag - 21 ms vs 25 ms ??
Better colors ? Better contrast ?
I will never use it as a TV.
Thank you

Someone will have to verify this, but here is what I remember from back when I was shopping.

I originally compared the JU6700 vs the JU7500 (and then said fuck it, and bought the JS9000 without much additional research)

I the 6xxx series have semi-gloss, vs the full gloss of the 7xxx. This means colors look better on th e7xxx, but there is a potential for some glare. It's a preference thing, but most people on here seem to prefer the gloss.

I BELIEVE (though I can't remember, and cant find it right now) that the 6xxx series use a native 60hz panel, whereas the 7xxx series use a native 120hz panel.

You can still only output a 60hz signal to either, but the high refresh rate of the 120hz panel reduces ghosting.

That's not to say that the 6xxx has bad ghosting, it doesn't. it is very subtle and minimal, but is present. it is less so on the 7xxx.

Zarathustra[H];1041821724 said:
Someone will have to verify this, but here is what I remember from back when I was shopping.

I originally compared the JU6700 vs the JU7500 (and then said fuck it, and bought the JS9000 without much additional research)

I the 6xxx series have semi-gloss, vs the full gloss of the 7xxx. This means colors look better on th e7xxx, but there is a potential for some glare. It's a preference thing, but most people on here seem to prefer the gloss.

I BELIEVE (though I can't remember, and cant find it right now) that the 6xxx series use a native 60hz panel, whereas the 7xxx series use a native 120hz panel.

You can still only output a 60hz signal to either, but the high refresh rate of the 120hz panel reduces ghosting.

That's not to say that the 6xxx has bad ghosting, it doesn't. it is very subtle and minimal, but is present. it is less so on the 7xxx.

Does the 120hz make any difference in games or is it only activated when you enable "motion plus" (or whatever the samsung version is)?

Does the 120hz make any difference in games or is it only activated when you enable "motion plus" (or whatever the samsung version is)?

It won't interpolate from 60hz to 120hz without AMP enabled, which adds significant input lag.

My understanding is that without AMP enabled, it still updates the screen at 120hz, just updating the same image twice for 60hz content. it doesn't help it feel any smoother, but for some odd reason regarding how panels and refreshes work, it does reduce ghosting.

Its probably just because 120hz panels have tighter specs around refresh times in order to be able to properly display with real 120hz content, if they were used in that capacity instead of being built into a TV.

Again, please double check my statements on the 7500 and 120hz though, as this is from memory. What I am saying about 120hz vs 60hz I am fairly certain about, I just cant remember if the jumo from 6xxx to 7xxx was the one that added a 120hz panel, or if that was the jump from 7xxx to 8xxx.

This all gets confusing after a while. If I get around to it and have some spare time, maybe I'll put together a comparison table

Hi guys I just recently purchased a UN50JU7100 to use as a 4K monitor for my gaming PC and everything was working great on the first day I set it up but recently it has been a nightmare. Yesterday after the TV updated to the latest firmware all of the text on my desktop became unreadable at 4K and so I had to set the resolution to 1080p so as to be able to read anything.I did set the connection to PC and turned on UHD Color but it still doesn't make a difference all the text is still blurry and unreadable. I even went and did a clean install of my whole PC and it's still the same. So please any help would be greatly appreciated because I know it can work but it seems to me like this latest firmware update just messed it all up. I'll upload a picture as well of the problem.

attachment.php

..So please any help would be greatly appreciated because I know it can work but it seems to me like this latest firmware update just messed it all up. I'll upload a picture as well of the problem. ...

Sure.

And welcome to the new-firmware-messed-up-my-brand-new-TV-club. Once you get it to work, disable automatic firmware update. Check in on the forums every once in a while, to get feedback on current firmware, before updating.

I do not know what your issue is, so here is a pretty basic run through, of what you might need to do.

In PC mode, with UHD on, you need to increase the sharpness of your set to 50. You also need to go through every single setting after a firmware upgrade. Every single one.

A good starting point is to turn of every image enhancement possible. I made a post in the settings thread a few days ago, on my settings back then.

Then you need to ensure that your PC is at full RGB, 8bit, running at 60Hz, and at 2160p. Do not run at that 40xx setting. Vertical res should be 2160px.

Scaling should be at 100%, but really should not have the effect your are having.

Your text should be fine at this point. If not, something is wrong.

You could try adjusting true type in windows. Lower the sharpness, to like 35, and see if you can find a sharper font. That worked for me. But then, text was fine before I did that.

The image you uploaded, has sharpening or compression artifacts, and is not really showing the sharpness of the text.

Also, turning game mode on, text might appear sharper. It does on my set.

I hope you do not get offended by this, but have you turned your TV completely off and on again? No soft power off?

Hope this was of any use. Good luck.

Thank you
I think i go with the JU6550 48"
The input lag is the same for both 40" and 48" same model ?!

Hey fellas. I was wondering if I could get some help. I just wanted to try and see how 3d Blu-ray looks even if I'm never really going to watch it, but since I received 3d glasses and this is a 3d TV, I thought I would try. I have a 3d LG Blu-ray drive, and I am using the older Powerdvd 12, but it still works with windows 10.

I tried to watch a 3d Blu-ray and when I hit play, the movie is only displaying in 2d mode. I do have 3d turned off in the TV settings in picture options, but I also have it set on auto to turn on 3d if It gets a signal. I have not been able to get 3d to play using powerdvd. I can turn 3d to on in the TV settings but the 3d kinda gets all weird in Powerdvd and I get dizzy really fast. Anyone got any ideas?

Thank you
I think i go with the JU6550 48"
The input lag is the same for both 40" and 48" same model ?!

I can't find more details about input lag for 40" vs 48" JU6550, alltough they should have the same input lag.

Powerdvd 12 does support 3d

Make sure you have set up the right 3D display type in PDVD and that PDVD has been updated.

I had a problem with PDVD and 3D a few years ago, I cant remember what it was now but I couldnt resolve it.
I tried TMT and that worked so I use that now.
Sorry to be of little help other than basic info but its rare I have to impart info on 3D.
It may come back to me...

Try PDVD forums.

Question for JU6700 owners: How is the movie watching experience? The Rtings review makes it seem like it's horrible because of judder...

The full gloss have better colors, means, more saturated / vivid / or what ??
60Hz vs 120Hz comparison. Would i notice some difference as a computer monitor ??
Thank you

Semi gloss grabs ambient light and sends some of it back to your eye and some into the display, both ways will lighten dark areas making the image look a bit washed out.

120Hz interpolation will add some lag which will make the mouse feel less responsive.
Its a good idea for video if its decent interpolation.
If you can cope with the added lag, try it for other uses.

Back