Neverwinter MMO, 100% FREE! :)

Went in there with my buddy and a group around level 32-33, we failed so hard. People don't get the concept of killing adds and not saying on the boss all day, but then again I heard that he's a little too buffed anyway.

Speaking of which, anyone remember the Skirmish in the 20's with the pirate boss at the end? That almost made me want to quit how uninspired and bland it was with his ridiculous amount of health.

Woot, finally made it lvl 40. Thats a big thing for me as I find it hard to stay interested in a game past lvl 20 or so. So far this is a pretty decent game for free, even though I did buy the $60 pack.

Speaking of which, anyone remember the Skirmish in the 20's with the pirate boss at the end? That almost made me want to quit how uninspired and bland it was with his ridiculous amount of health.

I did that Skirmish and I wasn't impressed either. I still haven't logged back in since the reset. I kinda want to but at the same time I'm tired of tanking on my cleric. It adds lots of stress to encounters and I love that, but sometimes you just want to heal and stay alive. Also my buddies kept pestering me to drop my Foundry quests because they thought they were boring. Since I started doing the regular quest lines I am bored to death. Ha ha if I login soon I will grab all of the Foundry quests and be happy again. Hell I was doing German quests and was enjoying those trying to piece together a language I didn't know. Was a lot more exciting than the regular ones still.

:)

I did that Skirmish and I wasn't impressed either. I still haven't logged back in since the reset. I kinda want to but at the same time I'm tired of tanking on my cleric. It adds lots of stress to encounters and I love that, but sometimes you just want to heal and stay alive. Also my buddies kept pestering me to drop my Foundry quests because they thought they were boring. Since I started doing the regular quest lines I am bored to death. Ha ha if I login soon I will grab all of the Foundry quests and be happy again. Hell I was doing German quests and was enjoying those trying to piece together a language I didn't know. Was a lot more exciting than the regular ones still.

:)

Heh, yeah. You should log in, it's still a lot of fun. Are you on Dragon, can get you an invite, or switch over and play with us. The foundry quests, or some of them, are just really epic, it's tough to believe someone made them at home, just sitting there. Lots of imagination for sure.

I agree that the German ones have been a blast as well, as a native German speaker, it's a ton of fun to be able to see my fellow Germans in the game participating in quest creation.

Anyone CTD often? I literally crash in game like once per hour, sometimes immediately after logging in. I have the game set to DX11 and I turned off GPU overclocking in case that had something to do with it, but it STILL crashes like crazy. No idea what to do.

I should be on, hit me @ biblo@Jaredsan

should be on till about 10:30, 11PM EST

I saw you on right at 9EST. I was hitting you up through /tells and no responce. maybe you were AFK. I also sent another friend request to BiH115 but I guess it got rejected. :(

I saw you on right at 9EST. I was hitting you up through /tells and no responce. maybe you were AFK. I also sent another friend request to BiH115 but I guess it got rejected. :(

Yeah, was afk, was at work so I can only check it speradically.

What was your name? I tried messaging someone yesterday and got no reply after several attempts at sending tells.

I made 8 levels yesterday and failed miserably with a pug for the Mad Dragon. Anyone on Dragon want to group up and try that dungeon?

Some tips for Mad Dragon.

1st boss - kill skellies 1st - they have a nasty AOE

2nd boss - kill ads down then boss

3rd boss (dragon) - shadow the cleric as much as possible - kill down ads then dmg boss. If you can handle the dmg - only kill 1 Enrye? or whatever the caster is that spawns. If you leave 1 up you only have the 1 - if you kill both 2 will respawn. I forget the %'s at which he gets more ads but when he gets around 40%? be ready for 2 casters and 2 mini boss/tank types. Expect a long fight - just keep your cool and you'll get him down eventually.

I play a rogue so I tend to use smoke bomb a lot - keeps the ads a bit confused.

And don't despair - it takes a pretty decent group to do this on epic. I think req. gear score should be a bit higher for this one.

good luck!

I'm on Beholder, and should be 60 within the next day or so. I'm looking for a good guild to run dungeons and PvP with. Is there an [H] group there, or maybe someone is in a guild you can recommend?

What was your name? I tried messaging someone yesterday and got no reply after several attempts at sending tells.

Gramps@Onthealtar

Im gonna try again.

sent another friend request to Peachfuzz@bih115. Im on every night now till 11 cst.

sent friend requests to @superNoid and @bih115 invite me to the guild. If you are fading out, let me carry the torch. Gramps@Onthealtar. I'm creating a threat based tank. INVITE ME!!!!!

Last edited:
Gotcha Kelby. I won't be on at all from Friday to Monday due to my anniversary weekend. You guys better catch up now! 50 is a lonely number.

Anyone CTD often? I literally crash in game like once per hour, sometimes immediately after logging in. I have the game set to DX11 and I turned off GPU overclocking in case that had something to do with it, but it STILL crashes like crazy. No idea what to do.

Try deleting your .hogg files (in the piggs directories) and redownloading them in the launcher. I had an issue where my object hogg was corrupted and caused quite a few crashes.

Another issue I had was Dolby Axon causing crashes and corruption, as well as Google Chat. It seems the game doesn't like most VOIP programs. Supposedly mumble will cause issues, but hasn't effected me.

Gotcha Kelby. I won't be on at all from Friday to Monday due to my anniversary weekend. You guys better catch up now! 50 is a lonely number.

I've got some graduation parties and stuff to go to this weekend, but we should be able to hit mid 40's at least this weekend.

ive been real busy with real life, im level 35. wont be on much this weekend either, im racing and have a party im throwing.

Try deleting your .hogg files (in the piggs directories) and redownloading them in the launcher. I had an issue where my object hogg was corrupted and caused quite a few crashes.

Another issue I had was Dolby Axon causing crashes and corruption, as well as Google Chat. It seems the game doesn't like most VOIP programs. Supposedly mumble will cause issues, but hasn't effected me.

Thanks for the tips. Will try them once I get home. It's a fun game but it's hard to enjoy when you are constantly crashing lol.

ive been real busy with real life, im level 35. wont be on much this weekend either, im racing and have a party im throwing.

You in our guild on Dragon, or? Sorry can't keep track of everyone.

Also, auto racing? I participate in a local chapter up in New England. Track or Drag? What car? :D

What are some good skill configurations for a cleric? Do some of you use mostly healing spells or do you try to add some balance between healing and damaging opponents?

What are some good skill configurations for a cleric? Do some of you use mostly healing spells or do you try to add some balance between healing and damaging opponents?

From the way I play and how I tailored it, to everything I've read, there's really no wrong way to play. Just don't let people die, but at the same time, keep dishing out damage to get your action point meter up so you can kick out the big buff spell (hallowed ground).

Keep astral seal up on all targets by just targeting/spamming it to make sure that heals are going around, and for the other at-will I'd get sacred flame for more hp spread.

For your encounter spells (red ones), use forgemaster flame, but cast it in divinity only for maximum effect (healing). You can choose if you like spreading healing word around, or if you like using sun burst for aoe healing. Personally, I used healing word for the first few levels, but found that spamming sun burst (NOT in divinity unless absolutely necessary due to knock back) when it's up raises AP quite fast and does more healing. For the third encounter, I use daunting light, which has a slight delay, but deals big damage (2-3K easily; instant and wider spread if used in divinity). Only reason I'm using daunting is because I'm not high level enough to grab astral shield, which will be your go-to move later on.

So naturally, at some point (20s-30s) you'll be able to use two daily powers, I recommend as stated, Hallowed Ground, and whatever else you want. Personally I prefer Guardian of Faith for the heals and the great damage. Divine Armor is better though.

Finally, paragon powers: grab 1/5 rising hope as your first, for that recovery/power proc (15% chance) in divine mode, followed by:

Enduring Relief 5/5
Benefit of Foresight 5/5
Invigorated Healing 5/5
Moon Touched 5/5
Greater Divine Power 1/1
Divine Advantage 5/5 (great choice here, as monsters gain Combat Adv. when knocked down)
Ethereal Boon 4/5

Focus on Recovery, Crit (2200), power, then more recovery.

I believe it's 33-34% recharge, what you want to aim for of course. Eventually that is.

Also contrary to popular belief, the healer in THIS game, is more of an 'off-tank', than a class that sits back and heals and eats snacks. While the aggro pull is a little annoying at times, fear not, as you'll be able to out heal most damage easily, especially with all the defensive abilities we get (+ kiting at time when necessary).

You in our guild on Dragon, or? Sorry can't keep track of everyone.

Also, auto racing? I participate in a local chapter up in New England. Track or Drag? What car? :D

Yes I'm in your guild. I'm Kalib the level 35 Rogue.

yes auto racing, drag racing in Florida. A Rear Engine Dragster.

Just started playing. At level 5 now. Are there any bag merchants, or is the only way to get bags to buy them with Zen? If so thats kinda crap. 1000 zen for a bag, 10$ to get 1000 zen...thats alot of money for a bag.

You get bags and such from quests, and you can use zen to buy them directly. Also, the AH has plenty of them on there for lots of AD.

Do things purchased with zen attach to just a single character or is it for all characters in an account? If i buy a bag will just one char get it or all of my chars?

Well the zen pool seems to be shared among toons, however when you buy something on a toon, its only for that one. So if you buy a bag, you only get one bag. Although its not bound, so when you done playing that toon, you could give it to an alt or something or sell it on the AH.

Do the normal companions become worthless later on? My CW has one of the men at arms. I'm wondering since his max level is 15 if he will be one shot later and I should switch to a healer companion or something else.

I don't see myself spending money on the more rare companions and at the rate I'm playing it will be weeks before I can afford one with astral diamonds.

I just finished a dungeon tonight. My team barely won. However, the damn chest was bugged again. That's the third or fourth time we haven't been rewarded for completing a dungeon. :(

I would love to believe them. I am downloading the client now, however modern D&D curls my stomach and I don't think I will be able to get past it. It's worth a try though.

FFS can't we get a palladium MMO?

Do the normal companions become worthless later on? My CW has one of the men at arms. I'm wondering since his max level is 15 if he will be one shot later and I should switch to a healer companion or something else.

I don't see myself spending money on the more rare companions and at the rate I'm playing it will be weeks before I can afford one with astral diamonds.

Not really worthless but they do die alot more. I have the cleric companion and lets just say while leveling to 50 she was great. Once she 50 she got bit by the stupid bug and feels that she needs to stand right next to me or in whatever massive aoe a mob has. She dies literally every fight. Regardless of how I position a mob she'll run and stand in front of it so she is pretty much worthless.

I would love to believe them. I am downloading the client now, however modern D&D curls my stomach and I don't think I will be able to get past it. It's worth a try though.

FFS can't we get a palladium MMO?

One thing that has been hard for me to get past is the lack of classes. Having spent shit tons of hours playing NWN (5) classes in NWO makes me gag a little.

Ya and the lack of paragon paths is also a downer. Guess they are adding more but still.

OMFG there is no way I can play this game. The screen just moves to much when you are looking around and playing it for just 5 minutes made me so nauseous I was laying on the bed for 20 minutes waiting for the world to stop spinning. Why the fuck do they have to make every new game FPS style?!?!?!

Is there a two person limit when questing? I tried to add a third person for Cathedral of Madness quest, but there was no option.

Ya and the lack of paragon paths is also a downer. Guess they are adding more but still.

Well it happened finally, but my questing buddy has been hit by the "burnt out" bug. He says he'll still play but needs a few days break. Really a bummer since I was hoping we'd hit 50 this weekend. I guess i'll be missing in action for a few days. We hit 38 at least.

Well it happened finally, but my questing buddy has been hit by the "burnt out" bug. He says he'll still play but needs a few days break. Really a bummer since I was hoping we'd hit 50 this weekend. I guess i'll be missing in action for a few days. We hit 38 at least.

My heavy weps destroyer hit 18, Ive been getting burnt out with playing the same area as my rogue, so my rogue just hit 38 tonight cause I needed to play more with him.

Hoping to get to 40 soon so I can do my damn gear again.

I hit 60 on a guardian fighter pretty quickly, enjoyed some pvp, took a quick look around the 60 hard-mode dungeons then started the alt army. I haven't played him since.

The new hotness is my cleric. Holy crap are they good. Managed to finish both the Mad Dragon and the black dragon skirmish, two things I tried to do so much on the GF that I outleveled them before I got a decent group. If you want something done right...

I hit 60 on a guardian fighter pretty quickly, enjoyed some pvp, took a quick look around the 60 hard-mode dungeons then started the alt army. I haven't played him since.

The new hotness is my cleric. Holy crap are they good. Managed to finish both the Mad Dragon and the black dragon skirmish, two things I tried to do so much on the GF that I outleveled them before I got a decent group. If you want something done right...

Clerics are so much fun, especially when you get into the mid 30s and get a slew of abilities. Hopping into divine mode real quick, back into normal, popping skills. It's fun as hell.

Guys I gave this a shot and played all classes some, 20+ on all of them, none past 25.
I started with a rogue( fun) mage (no so much) cleric (ok) but then I got to the warrior classes and wtf
I knew what I was doing or at least I thought I did. Both of the warrior classes played in the last week have harder quest mobs and drink 3-4 times the potions of the other classes is this right ?????????
How can a rogue, mage or cleric go into a quest instance and see 1 (not sure if I should call them elite) in each group but both warrior classes have 2 elite in each group they were fighting?
patch maybe? It was brutal and like I said I was drinking potions like a mad man. Damage was ok on them but their defense was about 1/2 of what I would have expected and the movement of them is slow compared to the other classes.

ps how do you transfer items between toons on the same account?

My GF is a beast in both pve and pvp. Once you get your cleric pet at 16 potion use drops way down in so content. As a matter of fact I can probably count the number of times I've used a potion since 16 on one hand.

Not sure about the gwf but it should be similar in regards to the companion.

I played to max level, crawled dungeons, crafted my butt off, and then uninstalled it about 30 minutes ago. I understand that there are plenty of people who love it; I just don't think it's a completed game.

Back