Neverwinter MMO, 100% FREE! :)

One tip I found was to disable on the fly patching from the launcher options. Seems to save tons of time loading maps and such. It just downloads everything at one time.

Thanks for the tip, was looking for something like this (similar to Guild Wars, launching it with the -image option)....

If you plan on playing it a long time, then the $60 guardian package is a decent deal. (You get a good horse and companion for all your characters, some fluff stuff for all characters, plus about 600k diamonds (for account not per character)and a good lower level weapon that's decent till about lvl 25 or so for each character.)
$200 package has about 2x the stuff but not worth it imho unless you want a panther companion and a spider mount, plus some more astral diamonds, ect.

I found it to be... meh. I'm not paying money for anything. Around level 11 the mob damage increased significantly.

But it's not just that.. It just isn't pulling me in for some reason.

I found it to be... meh. I'm not paying money for anything. Around level 11 the mob damage increased significantly.

But it's not just that.. It just isn't pulling me in for some reason.

same here, maybe it's because I'm still a lower level but the spells feel generic and uninspired, the same with the dungeons, although the cities are well done.

This just doesn't have the polish that wow has, and I hate comparing everything to it, but for how old it is newer games should be blowing it away not taking a step back in every way.

Streamers are getting banned from the game for knocking mobs off cliffs in dungeons, resetting bosses, foundry quest exploits, standing in unintended areas, etc. Just a heads up so that nobody here gets the same treatment.

Apparently there was a huge exploit/dupe for Astral Diamonds on the Auction House. List something for whatever with a -1 AD buyout and when you buyout the seller gets full AD list price. People with over a billion AD. I guess that is the source of the downtime today

Apparently there was a huge exploit/dupe for Astral Diamonds on the Auction House. List something for whatever with a -1 AD buyout and when you buyout the seller gets full AD list price. People with over a billion AD. I guess that is the source of the downtime today

Must have came over from D3.

On right now fellas, for whoever hasn't got an invite yet on Dragon.

I'll be on all night and most of tomorrow since I took it off.

Edit: Guess not, game looks like it's been down all day or something. Christ.

Last edited:
same here, maybe it's because I'm still a lower level but the spells feel generic and uninspired, the same with the dungeons, although the cities are well done.

This just doesn't have the polish that wow has, and I hate comparing everything to it, but for how old it is newer games should be blowing it away not taking a step back in every way.

I don't agree at all with your statement about taking a step backward Neverwinter quests are way better than World of Warcrafts. Most are not only voice acted but well done

Most Player made foundry quests are very inspired and thought out. The fighting system is above and beyond anything WoW has ever offered. An example would be a player can take position on another player or NPC to do bonus damage or damage in general. (think Dynasty Warriors) Its not just stand in front of a target and expect the numbers to dictated the outcome of a battle.

Above all though the game is very fun.

I don't agree at all with your statement about taking a step backward Neverwinter quests are way better than World of Warcrafts. Most are not only voice acted but well done

Most Player made foundry quests are very inspired and thought out. The fighting system is above and beyond anything WoW has ever offered. An example would be a player can take position on another player or NPC to do bonus damage or damage in general. (think Dynasty Warriors) Its not just stand in front of a target and expect the numbers to dictated the outcome of a battle.

Above all though the game is very fun.

Love the foundry especially the ones that were copied from D&D adventures I played through in my youth.

I haven't played WoW for years so I guess this should perhaps be taken with a grain of salt. WoW's quest suck in every aspect of the word sucked. They were your stereotypical go kill x amount of this, deliver this & run back and tell me quests. The quests in Neverwinter are so far above that it is ridiculous, I love questing in this game. Spells and feats are always generic at lower levels, especially in WoW so not sure what feels "uninspired" so can't really address that as it is also a personal thing. At higher level there are some unique spell effects and some awesome spells, even at level 15 I was seeing some pretty nifty spell effects, but again personal preference.

The dungeons are awesome, the variety of traps, hidden passages, exploration, and atmosphere make some pretty nice dungeons, especially the Grey Wolf Den. I'm not sure what cities you are referring to as I only know of the one city in the game i.e. Neverwinter. At level 46 I haven't explored the whole game but so far Neverwinter is the only city.

Personally I feel this game blows away WoW in almost every aspect, especially PvE. I also thought LoTRO did as well so again that is where I'm coming from.

The game does have some downsides, considering what transpired today I would consider it a huge downside; however, Cryptic is handling it competently it appears, but guess we'll need to wait and see.

Leveling in the game is insanely fast. Questing and AoE leveling makes trying to gear up a waste of time. By the time I had acquired enough seals to buy armor I was already in the next tier. Which brings up my complaint, too many various currencies in the game. You have seals for early levels, mid levels, and high levels all of which are different. They should be the same so we can either horde them or spend them as needed but right now you'll need to mass farm mobs or the appropriate dungeon to get enough seals to buy gear for your toon. It is faster to just quest as you'll level and get gear that way.

If you spend the money you can get a founder's pack now for $60 which is worth it. The 600k AD you get is the currency for the auction house. I was able to buy full epic armor sets starting at lvl 38 and again at 60 for just under 300k. The level 38 epic set will last me all the way till 60 and in some ways is better for my Guardian Fighter.

Lots of little bugs can get annoying. They've fixed the AH and mail bug, the mount bug, and the rubber banding has gotten less so it appears they are working on the changes necessary but it can still get somewhat frustrating when your stuck in an infinite loop, fall through the world, or accidentally delete an email that contained an auction you just won.

Very linear, the quests take you from area to area. Yes you can deviate from it but really isn't worth it. No rewards for exploring, no rare mobs to find and farm, and cash drops are in short supply which forces you to use their astral diamond currency for auction house shopping.

Still a fun game, it isn't perfect, but it's fun.

Neverwinter or Path of Exile which one would you guys choose? I like to pvp!

Neverwinter has very fun PvP.

It reminds me a little of an Arena FPS game. 5v5 domination. I haven't played the PVP in POE yet. But the game is fun.

Well it seems they rolled the servers back. I lost 2 levels and every item I got on Sunday / Saturday. Not going to say more at this time as I'm kinda pissed.

Well it seems they rolled the servers back. I lost 2 levels and every item I got on Sunday / Saturday. Not going to say more at this time as I'm kinda pissed.

Sucks, I put the blame on both the people who made the rollback happen, and Cryptic for failing to fix it earlier.

I expected it to happen, it just needed to be done.

Yeah, I'm surprised nobody tested putting in a negative number into a form. I mean that should have been the first thing the in-house testers did to try to break the game systems, especially a critical system like the Auction house in a game with a real cash component. Much less having it make it all the way through to live / "OPEN BETA."

Did they do server wide roll backs? I didn't log in yesterday due to the servers being down and my kid bought me shogun2 so we multiplayed that last night instead.

Neverwinter or Path of Exile which one would you guys choose? I like to pvp!

Both are different kind of games. Path of Exile is an ARPG, similar to Diablo so it's multiplayer is more focused towards co-op, group farming.

Neverwinter is a MMO RPG game, so that's where you'll find better pvp experience

i was on a ton this weekend and i was on when it crashed on sunday. i havent logged back in since but from the sounds of you guys saying they rolled back the servers im going to be pretty pissed off as i played hard core and gained a bunch of levels and items.. not to mention my professions....

I think I only lost a level and a couple small things... Got lucky this time . Matter a fact I hope its the only time.:rolleyes:
I really feel for some of you guys that where not so lucky.

Well roll back or wipe...I prefer a roll back. I think the downside for me was that I was leveling my new Wizard..lol. He might be lvl 1 again...I'll have to check. I didn't run but 1 epic dungeon because of the market being shut down and I figured a roll back might happen.

On a side note - any more peeps on Mindflayer?

I'm on as Kondera@Xerack or my new wizzy is Xerack@Xerack.

there are a few others - think we need only 1 more to start a guild.

I'm normally on M-F 6pm-11:30pm mt

cheers!

Last edited:
Well roll back or wipe...I prefer a roll back. I think the downside for me was that I was leveling my new Wizard..lol. He might be lvl 1 again...I'll have to check. I didn't run but 1 epic dungeon because of the market being shut down and I figured a roll back might happen.

On a side note - any more peeps on Mindflayer?

I'm on as Kondera@Xerack or my new wizzy is Xerack@Xerack.

there are a few others - think we need only 1 mnore to start a guild.

I'm normally on M-F 6pm-11:30pm mt

cheers!

Iam usually on between the same times and usually play with 1 or 2 rl friends. We would need 3 online and with at least us 2 on we can stat the guild.

Just tried to play but theres a crazy amount of lag/rubberbanding. Is this sporadic or constant? I guess I'll try again later..

It depends on where you are - lately I've only had that happen when in protector's enclave..er..whatever it's called - because that's where everyone is hanging out to use the Auction Hall. I was only on briefly this morning after everything was down to do my daily prayer =P hoefully my ardent coins are still there..want that Angel...which you need 360 ardent coins for..lol - only 348 days to go =P

It depends on where you are - lately I've only had that happen when in protector's enclave..er..whatever it's called - because that's where everyone is hanging out to use the Auction Hall. I was only on briefly this morning after everything was down to do my daily prayer =P hoefully my ardent coins are still there..want that Angel...which you need 360 ardent coins for..lol - only 348 days to go =P

I lost mine because of downtime/rollback. So dumb.

Level 18 Cleric on Dragon

Zion@BHope1982. Hit me up. I need in the guild!!

I believe you will be back at zero after the reset. Seems my friends and I all got started back at zero. So 365 to go.

I have 12 still. I didn't get rolled back which to me is really weird considering the amount of bitching everyone has been doing on the forums.

Shantar where'd you go! Not a lot of people on other than my buddy and I today.

Level 56 TR and level 21 CW on Mindflayer. If anyone wants to add me it's spittle@spittlez.

I'll look for you when I get on tonight Spittle....

I have had some interesting groups - so far I've partied up with the pope, god and dr. pepper.. =P

I'll look for you when I get on tonight Spittle....

I have had some interesting groups - so far I've partied up with the pope, god and dr. pepper.. =P

How about "The_Mage"? Most inspiring name.

I should be on, hit me @ biblo@Jaredsan

should be on till about 10:30, 11PM EST

I made 8 levels yesterday and failed miserably with a pug for the Mad Dragon. Anyone on Dragon want to group up and try that dungeon?

I made 8 levels yesterday and failed miserably with a pug for the Mad Dragon. Anyone on Dragon want to group up and try that dungeon?

I'll be game to come back and help on it. Will try and be on tonight if we get some others.

Back