NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

^ thanks for that info. i was going to ask whether anybody had done this or not when you posted about it. perfect timing :)

That demci filter on the top panel should keep falling dust from being a real issue. Although my case has all intakes neatly filtered, it still collects dust through the top panel. That should address that nicely.

It is established that it will cause a reduction in airflow, but realistically, is not a concern for an idling computer, but for the loaded computer, does it make a noticeable difference to airflow/temps.

That demci filter on the top panel should keep falling dust from being a real issue. Although my case has all intakes neatly filtered, it still collects dust through the top panel. That should address that nicely.

It is established that it will cause a reduction in airflow, but realistically, is not a concern for an idling computer, but for the loaded computer, does it make a noticeable difference to airflow/temps.

Temperature is not a problem for the reference model, hot air is blown to the back of GPU . Worry about temperature with a dedicated cooling.

Hi folks,

Not sure if I should be posting it here, but here goes.

I have 2 of these cases here which I unfortunately cannot do anything with (Black and Silver, serial 0113 and 0880 respectively).
Due to unforeseen financial issues I unfortunately cannot use the cases and have to get rid of em (this hurts ><).

Is there by any chance anyone from the Netherlands left whom is interested in the original V1 versions (Belgium also possible) at pure cost?
Cases have never been used, opened once only to check for damages and should be perfectly fine.

I would rather have it go to a person whom is enthusiastic about it rather then dumping it on eBay.
I would also prefer pick-up rather than sending it.

If i'm out of line posting it here then I apologize in advance.

Edit: I also have a Panasonic UJ-265 slot-loading Bluray writer (just 1) in a possible combo.

-- Deffy

Hi folks,

Not sure if I should be posting it here, but here goes.

I have 2 of these cases here which I unfortunately cannot do anything with (Black and Silver, serial 0113 and 0880 respectively).
Due to unforeseen financial issues I unfortunately cannot use the cases and have to get rid of em (this hurts ><).

Is there by any chance anyone from the Netherlands left whom is interested in the original V1 versions (Belgium also possible) at pure cost?
Cases have never been used, opened once only to check for damages and should be perfectly fine.

I would rather have it go to a person whom is enthusiastic about it rather then dumping it on eBay.
I would also prefer pick-up rather than sending it.

If i'm out of line posting it here then I apologize in advance.

Edit: I also have a Panasonic UJ-265 slot-loading Bluray writer (just 1) in a possible combo.

-- Deffy

May I suggest posting this in the general sale / deals section of this forum?

I understand that you want your cases to go to someone who understands what an Ncase is about, but I feel that this thread is not the best place to sell your cases for the following reason:

the sale for rev 2 JUST ended, and it seems that people who missed it can still potentially jump in on the current manufacturing round. there for, it stands to reason that no one reading this thread should have a need for more Ncase M1s (personally I just ordered a silver one with a set of spare black panels).

just a friendly suggestion, I apologize if I sound insulting or offensive in anyway

@ vmem:

Actually could do that and will do that yes, i had not seen that board being present here.
Why would it sound offensive or insulting though? What you posted is perfectly reasonable.

As I stated I wasn't sure if this was the proper place to post this, hence the question.

-- Deffy

EDIT:
I just tried to post this there, I do not have the post count to post there. I need 100, I have 15.
So if a mod can copy it, that is still reading this, would be appreciated.

Last edited:
A few more filters Demciflex.

and would you be kind enough to tell me which filter this one is?

PS: i also noticed that you have one covering the whole bottom of the case. is that the same as the one for the top panel?

and would you be kind enough to tell me which filter this one is?

PS: i also noticed that you have one covering the whole bottom of the case. is that the same as the one for the top panel?

TOP:

1 x DEMCiflex Filter Ferrous Black/black O/D 270mm x 130mm (I/D 262mm x 102mm) @ USD 9.17 each

BOTTOM:

1 x DEMCiflex Filter Ferrous Black/black O/D 280mm x 150mm (I/D 252mm x 122mm) @ USD 10.55 each

BACK:

1 x DEMCiflex Filter Ferrous Black/black O/D 100mm x 90mm (I/D 80mm x 70mm) @ USD 2.56 each

That side fan one is beautiful!! thats a custom design I'm assuming. Looks excellent and makes great use of the centre section without having double thickness. Nice!

That side fan one is beautiful!! thats a custom design I'm assuming. Looks excellent and makes great use of the centre section without having double thickness. Nice!

Thanks man, Demciflex do a lot of different filters any need, custom design.

From anyone who used a Swiftech H220 to cool the GPU as well as CPU in their build, how complicated was it? If I had the money I'd probably just buy a blower design 780 Ti, but buying a cheap reference 290x could save me a lot of money.

The main problem I have with water-cooling is maintenance. What sort of looking after does a H220 GPU + CPU loop require? How difficult is that considering the small space inside the M1?

Have you guys seen that the SX600-G page is now live on SilverStone's site? It doesn't seem to include any slimline SATA connectors :(

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=524&area=en

It's also been listed on a few stores for around 125€. Alternate.de claims that it will have stock on July 11, but that's probably not reliable.

The 450 I got didn't have one either, that's fairly standard. There is a short cable selection you can buy that does have slim sata power though.

Has anybody actually tried using a pci-e x16 extender (cable or card) with a high performance graphics card (290X, 780 Ti etc), for gaming?

If the SFX-L won't fit (with my 780 Ti), the only option I can see is to move the graphics card one slot down, using an extender. I know this has already been talked about, but as I say, has anybody actually tried it?

A dtx motherboard, sure, but is there one of non-budget premium quality?

Super-slim m-atx, sure, but is there one of non-budget premium quality that also has a pci-e x16 slot in the correct position (i.e. one slot down)?

From anyone who used a Swiftech H220 to cool the GPU as well as CPU in their build, how complicated was it? If I had the money I'd probably just buy a blower design 780 Ti, but buying a cheap reference 290x could save me a lot of money.

The main problem I have with water-cooling is maintenance. What sort of looking after does a H220 GPU + CPU loop require? How difficult is that considering the small space inside the M1?
I have the setup you refer to. While an R9 290X is cheaper as-is, combining it with a full cover waterblock and other needed stuff, it is not anymore. It isn't difficult, but a challenge to do properly.

Getting an H220 and installing it on the CPU is as "difficult" as it is with any other aftermarket cooler with a backplane, except it has a radiator attached to it.

But getting a GPU in that loop requires that you get tubing, coolant, fittings and a waterblock that all most conform to the requirements. And it is ofcourse much more involved and tedious because of the miniature size.
I would not recommend this to just anyone, I recommend atleast a basic experience with custom loops and an understanding that precision plus patience is needed to install it in this small case without having just a bunch of luck.

If unexperienced, I recommend getting a few more meters or feet of tubing to figure it out without the motherboard and GPU in the case, running it atleast 24 hours without any leaks. I can strongly advise on getting a tube cutter, because most leaks are caused by tubing cuts not perfectly straight or over/undertightening. Also be sure to check and re-check all the threading and sizing requirements for the tubes and fittings.

I have the setup you refer to. While an R9 290X is cheaper as-is, combining it with a full cover waterblock and other needed stuff, it is not anymore. It isn't difficult, but a challenge to do properly.

Getting an H220 and installing it on the CPU is as "difficult" as it is with any other aftermarket cooler with a backplane, except it has a radiator attached to it.

But getting a GPU in that loop requires that you get tubing, coolant, fittings and a waterblock that all most conform to the requirements. And it is ofcourse much more involved and tedious because of the miniature size.
I would not recommend this to just anyone, I recommend atleast a basic experience with custom loops and an understanding that precision plus patience is needed to install it in this small case without having just a bunch of luck.

If unexperienced, I recommend getting a few more meters or feet of tubing to figure it out without the motherboard and GPU in the case, running it atleast 24 hours without any leaks. I can strongly advise on getting a tube cutter, because most leaks are caused by tubing cuts not perfectly straight or over/undertightening. Also be sure to check and re-check all the threading and sizing requirements for the tubes and fittings.

Hmm, I hadn't really considered the extra cost of the actual equipment beyond the block. How quiet is the H220? Its probably hard to tell over the PSU anyway, if it isn't substantially quieter than a 780 Ti I may just spend the extra money.

Edit: Also, what sort of upkeep do you need to do? I'm aware that normal AIO coolers like say a H100i don't require any maintenance, but I guess the H220 is a little different. Would I have to drain and refill the system every few years?

The pump and fans can be the loudest part, although I prefer to use the term "less quiet" because it's still a faint hum and whirring sound to me. Is it more quiet than a 780 Ti aircooled ? Why yes, 2x 120mm fans on a 240mm radiator are less noisy than a single 60mm (?) radial fan. I wanted to do watercooling because I had to scratch my tech itch. If it wasn't for the loud R9 290X reference cooler, I wouldn't have gone down that path but it was annoying me.

I have this setup for less than 6 months now and I haven't done anything yet, I don't know when and if I need to do anything.

Quick question for anyone using a blower GPU cooler: are you using any ducting between the radial fan inlet and the floor of the case? Possibly with an additional 120mm/92mm fan on the floor of the case feeding the duct, to keep the radial fan's speed down? With an AIO cooling the CPU exhaust-style (providing airflow for the motherboard), it feels intuitively that keeping the GPU airflow isolated from that with it's own dedicated inlet would drop temperatures, without having to try and cut a bulkhead to fit between the two sections while passing power and other cables.

A few more filters Demciflex.

http://abload.de/img/2fbjry.jpg

Nice! Love that dual 1-piece for the side, but don't think it'll work w/my rubber fan mounts.

Any particular order info to give Demci for that one? Or maybe give us your Demci order number or something, so they can easily look up the designs for us?

Might just order one of those when I get one for the top. Thanks again Irek!

Nice! Love that dual 1-piece for the side, but don't think it'll work w/my rubber fan mounts.

Any particular order info to give Demci for that one? Or maybe give us your Demci order number or something, so they can easily look up the designs for us?

Might just order one of those when I get one for the top. Thanks again Irek!

Don't forget mention of magnetic strips when you order the filters.

The 450 I got didn't have one either, that's fairly standard. There is a short cable selection you can buy that does have slim sata power though.

The 600 comes with the PP05-E short cable set, but that is apparently in addition to the regular cable set. That would explain why the regular cable set is the one listed on the 600 page.

TOP:

1 x DEMCiflex Filter Ferrous Black/black O/D 270mm x 130mm (I/D 262mm x 102mm) @ USD 9.17 each

BOTTOM:

1 x DEMCiflex Filter Ferrous Black/black O/D 280mm x 150mm (I/D 252mm x 122mm) @ USD 10.55 each

BACK:

1 x DEMCiflex Filter Ferrous Black/black O/D 100mm x 90mm (I/D 80mm x 70mm) @ USD 2.56 each

Do you have the links to those product pages, specifically the top one? I can't seem to find it on their website.

http://abload.de/img/filtervpkjn.jpg

Don't forget mention of magnetic strips when you order the filters.

Thanks again! Maybe if they get enough interest, they can add the 1-piece side and top filters as alternate NCASE M1 items on their website.

Is Irek83 part of your email on-file with Demci? Something like that and an order date or invoice number might save them a lot of time and trouble, for those of us requesting your custom order pieces.

Thanks again! Maybe if they get enough interest, they can add the 1-piece side and top filters as alternate NCASE M1 items on their website.

Is Irek83 part of your email on-file with Demci? Something like that and an order date or invoice number might save them a lot of time and trouble, for those of us requesting your custom order pieces.

Write to Roxanne email what you need, and within three days you will get the answer and email with PayPal payment. Shipping to Europe takes about two weeks.

Write to Roxanne email what you need, and within three days you will get the answer and email with PayPal payment. Shipping to Europe takes about two weeks.

Lol, yeah I've done custom requests w/Roxanne before. Was just saying that it would be a lot quicker and easier for them to pull up your exact invoice or order number as a reference, rather than them trying to re-do a custom piece over and over for each of us here.

Don't think you're catching my point, but that's okay. I'll just explain my request, and tell them to look for a similar order to Germany placed at the end May, and hopefully they'll figure it out or recognize your side filter design. Thanks anyway.

Has anybody actually tried using a pci-e x16 extender (cable or card) with a high performance graphics card (290X, 780 Ti etc), for gaming?

If the SFX-L won't fit (with my 780 Ti), the only option I can see is to move the graphics card one slot down, using an extender. I know this has already been talked about, but as I say, has anybody actually tried it?

http://www.overclock.net/t/1427731/pci-express-extender-cables-benchmarked/0_20

Negligible difference in frame rate, main problem is that cheap, unshielded extenders are susceptible to EM interference.

Shielded extenders are difficult to work with though. I got some right-angle ones a while back while playing around with a Steambox case design and I ended up having to scrap that idea because they wouldn't bend enough to fit.

The 600 comes with the PP05-E short cable set, but that is apparently in addition to the regular cable set. That would explain why the regular cable set is the one listed on the 600 page.

Where have you seen or read this, XelNika? I suspect that a run-of-the-mill cable set would be much easier to sleeve than the PP05-E variety.

Where have you seen or read this, XelNika? I suspect that a run-of-the-mill cable set would be much easier to sleeve than the PP05-E variety.

Pretty sure the SX600-G is only shipping with the PP05-E flat cable set (or a similar variation of it), as that is all that is pictured on their product page, and it simply just wouldn't make any sense for them to ship 2 different cable sets.

While not my forte, I would think it would be just as easy to sleeve or shorten the PP05-E kit. The only difference would be the need to separate the fused jackets into individual wires if sleeving.. they should just pull apart. Personally, I like the new flat cable set much better than a custom sleeving job.. both aesthetically and functionally (understated and takes up less space). Though, a well-done custom sleeve job is always awesome in its own right :)

Oh, I read it wrong, it comes with cables similar to the PP05-E cables. They might be regular lenght, but of the flat variety.

Pretty sure the SX600-G is only shipping with the PP05-E flat cable set (or a similar variation of it), as that is all that is pictured on their product page, and it simply just wouldn't make any sense for them to ship 2 different cable sets.

While not my forte, I would think it would be just as easy to sleeve or shorten the PP05-E kit. The only difference would be the need to separate the fused jackets into individual wires if sleeving.. they should just pull apart. Personally, I like the new flat cable set much better than a custom sleeving job.. both aesthetically and functionally (understated and takes up less space). Though, a well-done custom sleeve job is always awesome in its own right :)

The specifications clearly lists the same lengths as the long cable set that the ST450SF-G has and the picture is not of the PP05-E cables or it would have slimline SATA. It probably comes with a variation of it.

Last edited:
The ST45SF-G cable set is not "long", it's mostly the same kind of lengths as the PP05-E.

But yeah, the SX600-G seems to have a basic variation of the PP05-E with less options for sata/molex and missing the slimline.

Not sure why it has dual pcie cables, there's only one pcie socket...

The ST45SF-G cable set is not "long", it's mostly the same kind of lengths as the PP05-E.

But yeah, the SX600-G seems to have a basic variation of the PP05-E with less options for sata/molex and missing the slimline.

Not sure why it has dual pcie cables, there's only one pcie socket...

If this image is correct, then it's 2x PCI-e 6+2-pin on a single cable.

While I think of it: Anyone need some extra HDD mounting screws/rubber things? Bought a package of $too_many from FrozenCPU due to needing an extra few and would be willing to mail out a couple sets of 4 or so for free. (think put in a small bag, dropped in an envelope and mailed via USPS) PM me if interested.

Lol, yeah I've done custom requests w/Roxanne before. Was just saying that it would be a lot quicker and easier for them to pull up your exact invoice or order number as a reference, rather than them trying to re-do a custom piece over and over for each of us here.

Don't think you're catching my point, but that's okay. I'll just explain my request, and tell them to look for a similar order to Germany placed at the end May, and hopefully they'll figure it out or recognize your side filter design. Thanks anyway.

(DEMCiflex REF NO: 03744)

http://www.overclock.net/t/1427731/pci-express-extender-cables-benchmarked/0_20

Negligible difference in frame rate, main problem is that cheap, unshielded extenders are susceptible to EM interference.

Yes, I did some rather extensive research yesterday and came up with the same conclusion. The unshielded extenders may work fine in low interference conditions, but the best bet seems to go with 3M's (very expensive) shielded extender, or maybe Delock's (but theirs don't seem to work with graphics cards due to a few unconnected pins, very unfortunate, since this one could otherwise work perfectly: http://www.delock.com/produkte/F_374_Riser-Karten_89130/merkmale.html - oh, and here's why it doesn't appear to work: http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B002IIQH4K).

Shielded extenders are difficult to work with though. I got some right-angle ones a while back while playing around with a Steambox case design and I ended up having to scrap that idea because they wouldn't bend enough to fit.

Yes, this is the second part of the problem - the one that unfortunately flushes the extender-in-the-M1 idea down the toilet. I can't find a single shielded extender (that works with a graphics card) that will fit. 3M's are far too long (though they do seem to take custom orders), but even if they were of ideal length, they still don't use angled connectors.

Without customization (if at all possible, bending the cable in a sharp 90 degree angle and constructing some kind of bracket to mount it inside the case, to give enough support for a heavy graphics card), it seems impossible to use it in the M1 for my stated purpose.

Short answer: nearly impossible (unless somebody were to make a custom-designed solution, but that somebody isn't me).

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back