NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

Wouldn't be surprised if somebody stole it. My experiences with German DHL are one disappeared 1.2K € mountain bike and one DSLR camera equipment delivered to totally different person in other country... :(

Let's hope this is not similar case.

For very expensive goods, DHL doesn't provide a shipment insurance? Well i've gotten overall a huge anmount of DHL packets in my life and absolutely no problems ;). Well, maybe i'm just lucky.

The Taiwanese tracker still hasn't updated anything since it was accepted on the 30th of Oct... Still waiting :/

For very expensive goods, DHL doesn't provide a shipment insurance? Well i've gotten overall a huge anmount of DHL packets in my life and absolutely no problems ;). Well, maybe i'm just lucky.
Both goods were insured, but not delivered and I'd to RMA and wait for cash back... Maybe I'm just unlucky... Don't know...

For anyone interested, Microcenter has the i7 4770k for $200usd + tax and some additional $30 or so off motherboards (as a combo)

I reserved my 4770k and Asus Impact for under $450usd

For anyone interested, Microcenter has the i7 4770k for $200usd + tax and some additional $30 or so off motherboards (as a combo)

Just saw that this morning.. really great price! Unfortunately, it's an in-store only deal.

One thing I find strange/peculiar is that this case generated so much bus and sales went beyond expectations, yet no hardware site as reviewed one, as in, no reviewer both one for themselves and reviewed it. Or maybe they 're all in the USA and the case have yet to arrive. But strange

One thing I find strange/peculiar is that this case generated so much bus and sales went beyond expectations, yet no hardware site as reviewed one, as in, no reviewer both one for themselves and reviewed it. Or maybe they 're all in the USA and the case have yet to arrive. But strange

Normally reviewers get 'review' units shipped to them, which they review and then ship back.

The most I would expect as far as reviews are concerned would be semi-professional user reviews, but I'm not sure we'll see anything from the more mainstream websites.

Normally reviewers get 'review' units shipped to them, which they review and then ship back.

The most I would expect as far as reviews are concerned would be semi-professional user reviews, but I'm not sure we'll see anything from the more mainstream websites.

Why would they?
This is not a case offered in any other way than their indiegogo campaign (at least so far).

Last edited:
We don't need the case reviewed, we all know how great it is already ;)

I'm only trying to explain to grazina why there would be few reviews if any, not trying to say that I'm actually expecting any reviews, especially from the users

I was able to purchase 2 cases, but it turns out I don't need the second. I was thinking of throwing it up for sale on the Hard sale forums to keep it "in the community" instead of going to eBay.

Is this okay to do, or frowned upon?

I was able to purchase 2 cases, but it turns out I don't need the second. I was thinking of throwing it up for sale on the Hard sale forums to keep it "in the community" instead of going to eBay.

PM'd you.

That is an amazing price. Unfortunately, it looks like those in California are still getting screwed by the Tustin location. They still have the i7-4770k as "sold out at that price."

I got NCIX to price match the 4770k for $199.99.

That's sweet! Almost $100 cheaper than I paid a month or 2 ago for it.

Really depends on the price, as to whether or not you'll make us frown.. at a reasonable price you just might put a huge smile on someone's face :D

Yeah. The Tustin location is great for a lot of things, but in order to get a good deal, you may need to get a mb to get any additional off.

I got an i5 4670K for $219, but bc they had the motherboard I wanted, I bought both and got an additional $30 of on the bundle. Even though you may not be able to get the i7 4770K at the desired priced, if you couple it with a qualified bundled motherboard, you will still save. If you physically go in the store, the sales associate will help you get a deal too. It's been my experience that they've let me used expired coupons.

That is an amazing price. Unfortunately, it looks like those in California are still getting screwed by the Tustin location. They still have the i7-4770k as "sold out at that price."

EDIT: Also, they probably DO have the cpu in stock, just not at the price that's online.

I got Staples to price match me the MicroCenter price. I live close to Tustin.

MicroCenter does have the 4670k and 4770k in stock in their B&M stores, but they sell them at $219.99 and $319.99 respectively. The huge discounted prices are allocated to just a small amount of their stocks.

You pricematched NCIX Canada, or NCIX US?

I've never seen NCIX Canada PM against a US store, unless I am misinterpreting what you did.

Yeah it was the US site I used. Apologies, I should have noted that.

I'm only trying to explain to grazina why there would be few reviews if any, not trying to say that I'm actually expecting any reviews, especially from the users

Well, I don't actually need a review, since I sleep with the case less than 3 feet away from me, but there are so many websites that report on special projects and kickstarter endeavors, I'm just surprised no one picked up on this success story, seeing that the case is so amazing. After all, two guys whose face we've never seen, raised over 160 thousand dollars (more than twice the original ask) to build same pc cases and delivered a kickass product.

On a different and unrelated subject, The Falcon Tiki should be available in this case. The original case looks like #%& and the huge and heavy marble stone doesn't help. My Ncase M1 is about to become my own customized steam box. I already have all the components on stand by, expect for the fracking psu. Silverstone better come up with something new fast. I'm turning green and it's not with envy.

I already have all the components on stand by, expect for the fracking psu. Silverstone better come up with something new fast. I'm turning green and it's not with envy.

Whats wrong with using the ST45SF-G?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Just picked up my 4770k from Micro Center in Fairfax VA for $199 .99 ... after tax it was $211.99. You are limited to only 1, and as always, they are hoping you'll buy something else at the same time but it isn't necessary

Can somebody that owns the ST45SF-G post a picture of the psu monted on the case using the full atx adaptor? Want to see how much clearance there is when the ST45SF-G is mounted as if it was a full size psu.
Don't think anybody as posted a picture of this particular setup. Would like it with the fan facing the inside of the case.
Thanks

Last edited:
Yeah. The Tustin location is great for a lot of things, but in order to get a good deal, you may need to get a mb to get any additional off.

I got an i5 4670K for $219, but bc they had the motherboard I wanted, I bought both and got an additional $30 of on the bundle. Even though you may not be able to get the i7 4770K at the desired priced, if you couple it with a qualified bundled motherboard, you will still save. If you physically go in the store, the sales associate will help you get a deal too. It's been my experience that they've let me used expired coupons.

EDIT: Also, they probably DO have the cpu in stock, just not at the price that's online.

Just a quick note, I called the Tustin store this morning when I first saw the deal, and they told me they weren't honoring the sale price. However a few hours later people on reddit buildapcsales started posting that in-store they were honoring it. So I drove down this afternoon, and sure enough, 4770k for $216 after tax.

They did say it's limited quantity/first come, first serve, so try to get down there ASAP if you need a CPU.

Just picked up my 4770k from Micro Center in Fairfax VA for $199 .99 ... after tax it was $211.99. You are limited to only 1, and as always, they are hoping you'll buy something else at the same time but it isn't necessary

**waves** Hi I live across the street from this store!

Anyways, I got the 4770k from there a month ago for $290 pretty great deal!

I too jumped on the 4770k deal from MC. I paid on website and picked up at store after work. I guess they were having a sale cause the pickup line was a good 20 minutes. Although I was only one there for a CPU, people were getting laptops and other big things and I just left with a small blue box.

SPCR, Maximum PC might do a review, but we don't have product for review right now.

Just like everyone else, waiting for shipment.

Last edited:
Yeah so I also went to MC and got the i7 4770k with the Asus Impact, and LP Corsair RAM

Count me in for the MC i7 bandwagon + asrock z87e-itx, best board they had at the one "near" me

I'm just waiting for the case now, I'm thinking 1 more month until we can start to see it here in the states?

I thought Necere sent a couple of cases out to be reviewed? Could have sworn he did anyway. Anyhow... to those reviewers that didn't get a chance to test... their loss! :D j/k

Maybe after they have had a nice rest Necere and Waha will try another project? Give them until at least January before asking though. Once again congrats Necere and Waha. I hope you guys have a fun and happy holidays! I know my Xmas is going to be nice thanks to the two of you. :)

Necere,

I´m a bit confuse. How is it suppose to use 2 ssds in front?

Is it like this:
NhQ8BuB.jpg

If "almost" fit. Very tight to close. I think i´m doing something wrong (maybe it is because 2AM here)

I thought Necere sent a couple of cases out to be reviewed?
We ended up not doing that since the 3rd sample was the only one representative of the production case, and it needed to get shipped to The_Cheese in a timely manner.

Once again congrats Necere and Waha. I hope you guys have a fun and happy holidays!
Thanks, you as well.

Necere,

I´m a bit confuse. How is it suppose to use 2 ssds in front?
Hmm... well, two things that I can think of:
  • Try removing the SATA cable from the front drive and see if you can get the front cover on. Some connectors may be thicker than others.
  • Use the smaller countersunk M3 screws to attach the drives to the brackets.

Hi Necere,

I'd like to use an Aquaero 5 XT in this case. Do you think it would fit in the front above the frontpanel? I know I'd have to cut the front ;)

Back