MSI Launches The GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G

http://elchapuzasinformatico.com/2015/06/review-msi-geforce-gtx-980ti-gaming-6g/

Another review. This guy was only able to get a 10% overclock on it. Not sure if I want to go with this one, the Gigabyte or the EVGA ACX+. What do you think? I'm in for at least 2 so...
That review was already listed and talked about. That is NOT just 1369 as I already explained. That review never even said what the actual in game boost was. Jeez some of you need to learn how things work before making ridiculous comments.

It would be great if MSI sent review samples to people who actually knew how to review video cards.
Crazy idea.

It would be great if MSI sent review samples to people who actually knew how to review video cards.
Crazy idea.
Exactly. Some sites have no clue how to properly explain boosts and then readers that dont know any better will make incorrect assumptions.

That review was already listed and talked about. That is NOT just 1369 as I already explained. That review never even said what the actual in game boost was. Jeez some of you need to learn how things work before making ridiculous comments.

Ridiculous? Relax. It's only a videocard. I only go by what the guy is stating on the website. Sorry if I'm not an expert like you. He said he was only able to get a 10% boost so that's what I posted.

Ridiculous? Relax. It's only a videocard. I only go by what the guy is stating on the website. Sorry if I'm not an expert like you. He said he was only able to get a 10% boost so that's what I posted.
Sorry for being snippy. I just hate for someone to skip on a great product or pass on incorrect info to other potential customers. I am mainly mad at the reviewer for doing such a crappy job which can lead some people to the wrong conclusion.

That's OK. That's why I was asking which one of those 3 cards is the best one, between the EVGA ACX+, MSI and Gigabyte? They're all the same price. Then there's the Galax air-cooled, but Kyle says they're an unreliable company so they're out AFAIC.

Last edited:
That's OK. That's why I was asking which one of those 3 cards is the best one, between the EVGA ACX+, MSI and Gigabyte? They're all the same price. Then there's the Galax air-cooled, but Kyle says they're an unreliable company so they're out AFAIC.
I will probably go MSI myself but just want to see a couple more reviews and also see how the Fury launch goes tomorrow. I dont care for the Gigabyte G1 cards as they are long and can sag a bit. The cooler seems quite fragile and there are some reviews of it being damaged during shipping which reinforces my fears. The EVGA ACX is noting but reference card with their cooler slapped on. Not a bad card but true non reference card with more ocing headroom can be had for about the same price. Heck the MSI Gaming card is 10 bucks cheaper than the EVGA ACX with backplate.

I use a Samsung HDMI 2.0 4k TV as my main display so I need a Nvidia card.

Newegg already raised the price of the MSI Gaming card by $10 so it's now $679.

I use a Samsung HDMI 2.0 4k TV as my main display so I need a Nvidia card.

Newegg already raised the price of the MSI Gaming card by $10 so it's now $679.
Well I am going to get Nvidia too but I was just curious if the Fury will shake things up. If its only 5 to 10% faster than a 980 Ti then I doubt Nvidia will care but if its any faster then maybe something good can come of it it price wise for the 980 Ti.

Well I am going to get Nvidia too but I was just curious if the Fury will shake things up. If its only 5 to 10% faster than a 980 Ti then I doubt Nvidia will care but if its any faster then maybe something good can come of it it price wise for the 980 Ti.

Lolz, never gonna happen with Nvidia's wallet.

Lolz, never gonna happen with Nvidia's wallet.
Yeah probably not but the 290x/290 release made them change things up and lower prices. Again though if its less than 10% then it will probably stay status quo for Nvidia though.

I might be wrong but I really think Nvidia is looking hard at an AIO solution for their top cards.

Yeah probably not but the 290x/290 release made them change things up and lower prices. Again though if its less than 10% then it will probably stay status quo for Nvidia though.

I might be wrong but I really think Nvidia is looking hard at an AIO solution for their top cards.

And what makes you think that? Personally, I would not buy any reference cooler from Nvidia, especially aio

Well, with the Fury X flopping hard today, it's a no brainer now: MSI Gaming 6G is my next card. PayPal is ready.

I've always had great luck with MSI cards and would have picked this one up had it been out a couple weeks ago. The Gigabyte one was also very tempting but it wasn't released at the time I picked up my EVGA ACX2.0 either.

My ASIC on the EVGA is really low at ~66%, but I still have the card running at 1500MHz on the core 24/7.

I'd say for an aftermarket cooler solution on a 980ti any of the 3 are a great choice.

Does anyone know if the pcb for this card is the same same stock? Would the Titan x water block fit?

Thanks

Oh and - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iORNWrgty4 - this guy hit 1500+ no problem. temps 3c higher than G1 however this card is only 10.69" long, I believe the G1 is far too bloated, and it doesn't fit in my HAFX without pulling a rad fan, or I would have gone with it. Price is the same, batman was added.

Last edited:
The price went up 10 bucks, as I got it for 669.99. I complained to them that Arkham Knight wasn't included and it showed up on the site soon after. They gave it to me for free after some convincing.

It's currently in stock btw...

It is complete crap that you cannot checkout with PayPal credit when downloadable items are in your cart. There should at least be an option to remove the item, but you can't even do that. I'll wait for Amazon to get back in stock.

I'd only SLI them for 4k. For 1080/1440 this thing is a beast. I'm only upgrading over a 970 because of my 120Hz monitor, now in GTAV and Witcher 3 I'll be seeing butter.

Yeah but what about 1440p 144Hz? Fuck it maybe I'll try out one of these with a XB270HU.

You're not an enthusiast if you don't run multiple GPUs.

Even if you have a Titan X overclocked, it still cannot run every game on its maximum settings at 4K resolution and hold 60 FPS. You still need two GPUs for 4K 60 FPS.

If you're not gaming at 4K 60 FPS by now then you are not an enthusiast.

Also, multi-card setups are only a PITA if you go with AMD, because AMD's drivers are terrible. Nvidia supports SLI very well. The only 'AAA' game I've played in years that couldn't support SLI was Dead Rising 3.

As a competitive game playing enthusiast there is NO way I'll run Xfire/SLI. Its a headache, release day drivers suck, some games work well some games have issues.. I don't want to deal with multi gpu anymore.. Since when did being an enthusiast mean running only 4k/60? I'd much rather have 1440/144hz, far superior. Next you'll bash for gaming on a 4790k instead of wasting money for 0 performance gains on 2011-3, being an enthusiast isn't about spending money for diminishing returns. Its about interest, drive and squeezing the most out of every penny you spend.. its about what a particular person finds suitable and enjoys.

My patience gave in and I ordered one as well, even though I really wanted the Gigabyte model and who knows how long it will take the Asus to be ordered. I hope it overclocks well.... I really hope I don't regret buying an MSI due to impatience....

EDIT: Cancelled order. I'm not gonna take chances, I wanna see more reviews on MSI and how the ASUS strix model does. For this kinda money, I want the absolute best, so i'll limp along with my 980 on Witcher 3 at 1440p

Last edited:
My patience gave in and I ordered one as well, even though I really wanted the Gigabyte model and who knows how long it will take the Asus to be ordered. I hope it overclocks well.... I really hope I don't regret buying an MSI due to impatience....

EDIT: Cancelled order. I'm not gonna take chances, I wanna see more reviews on MSI and how the ASUS strix model does. For this kinda money, I want the absolute best, so i'll limp along with my 980 on Witcher 3 at 1440p

Given MSi's track record lately, you can buy confidently. That is my opinion anyways.

Lol after the Fury reviews came out, 980 Ti sales picked up.

We were all waiting to see which card to buy, and that meant waiting for Fury to flop.

Given MSi's track record lately, you can buy confidently. That is my opinion anyways.

Maybe but its not the pick of the litter in comparison to what Gigabyte and possibly what Asus has to offer, so i'm just gonna be patient and not have regrets later on

Is it a bad idea to SLI these?

Just make sure you have some room in between so the top card can get some air flow going. Top card will most likely be 10-15 hotter than the bottom.

I wouldn't recommend it if there are 2 slots right next to each other, but if you have some room in between it will be fine, as long as your case can get the air out after that.

and yeah, still probably better than reference coolers.

Just ordered two of these, and yeah they'll run on the good old x58 platform :)

This result made my mind at ease on how it's good enough to take care of SLI 980ti's

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/5113499

And his cpu was 200mhz slower than mine, cards also seem to be at stock ?

Which benchmarks would you guys like to see on this pc ?

Anyone notice the Batman "value" ?

P4usHpR.png

Drat, had it in cart and went out of stock by the time I hit checkout. Also limit 1 per customer pisses me off to no end. :mad:

Back