MSI Launches The GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G

Oh fuck. Must resist.

edit: I was hoping for a thick heatsink like the 390X, you can see it's visibly smaller on the 980 Ti. Disappointing.

Oh man gonna be hard to wait 3 weeks for the Fury.
I guess we'll see how the FX does on Wednesday.

Nice! We're getting close to a single GPU solution for 4k. Next gen flagships should be able to pull it off keeping above 60 hz and the generation after that, anyone with $350 should be able to do the same.

I'm calling it ;)

Nice! We're getting close to a single GPU solution for 4k. Next gen flagships should be able to pull it off keeping above 60 hz and the generation after that, anyone with $350 should be able to do the same.

I'm calling it ;)
Lol we are not even remotely close to 60 fps on max settings in demanding games at 4k. Turn on all Nvidia gameworks crap and you cant even maintain 60 fps with a 980 TI in any of those games at 1440 and even some of those not at 1080. And most future games will only get more demanding so you are dreaming. Heck the new Batman game is brutally demanding and even a Titan X craps itself at only 1080 with all settings on.

I think he meant if we keep settings close to console settings we can hit 60 fps constant on PCs with next generation of video cards... :p

Not this fucking guy again. He talks for 10 minutes and does nothing useful.
Last time he didn't even do noise/temp testing.

Ugh, you do realize he does do temp testing and noise testing right, the only thing he does bad from my perspective is running canned benchmarks which most everyone does still.

Temps are the second graph the noise testing he doesn't do a graph but talks about the sound which is anecdotal but meh.

Is there no fanless mode? 34C idle is low, at the end of the video you can see it spinning in the background even though he's at desktop...

Deal breaker.

Is there no fanless mode? 34C idle is low, at the end of the video you can see it spinning in the background even though he's at desktop...

Deal breaker.

Lolz, seriously? You rather have your GPU cook rather then have next to nothing fan noise keeping your GPU cooler?

Some of you peoples priorities are just beyond weird...

40C = Cook, apparently. Lol.

I got a 4850 idling at 85C and a 6950 around 70C. They are both 5+ years old. Pretty sure Nvidia's superior hardware wont have any problems... Yes let them cook.

That's discouraging. The Italian review maxed out at 1360 overclock.

I don't think MSI "quality bins" these GPU's unlike EVGA and Gigabyte so hence overclocking is gonna be random with these

Is that confirmed that EVGA and Giggabyte bin their OC cards?

EVGA's classified cards are, as is Gigabytes Gaming cards, hence the higher price point on those models.

Gigabyte Gauntlet
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...yte-hd-5870-1gb-super-overclock-review-2.html

EVGA Classified
http://forums.evga.com/How-are-the-Classified39s-GPU-picked-m2007656.aspx

The kingpin is gonna be even more expensive
http://www.fudzilla.com/news/graphi...he-new-gtx-980-ti-classified-kingpin-computex

Last edited:
Did you even read the review?
No I just happened to guess that it was exactly 1369 in the gpuz...

Again if you have bothered to look at a single Nvidia card review in the last 3 years then you would understand. That number is just the rated boost like I said and NOT the actual in game max boost. There is base, boost and actual in game boost. It was a crappy review as they did not say what the actual max boost was.

Here is a good example on the Gigabyte G1 review. See how after the oc it shows 1399 for the boost in gpuz and then read right under that to see its actual in game max boost was 1512.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Gigabyte/GTX_980_Ti_G1_Gaming/33.html

Last edited:
From first-hand experience, I have a hard time believing GBT G1 Gaming cards have binned chips. I evaluated two 970s and they both were shit.

Agree. Fairly sure they aren't binned. I think only the like lightning and that tier card are binned.

I've received 4 gaming variants from gigabyte and 3 / 4 turned out to be utter garbage so, while obviously just bad luck, i'm pretty adverse to trying them yet again. Which is why I wait with bated breath how the msi reviews.

Agree. Fairly sure they aren't binned. I think only the like lightning and that tier card are binned.

I've received 4 gaming variants from gigabyte and 3 / 4 turned out to be utter garbage so, while obviously just bad luck, i'm pretty adverse to trying them yet again. Which is why I wait with bated breath how the msi reviews.

I also had access to two MSI 970s and they both were the highest overclockers I had seen.

JayZ22cents' MSI card can clock pretty high, and it's about $20 cheaper than the Gigabutt. And most likely quieter fans. No coil whine reported as well.

I ordered one last night. Hopefully I will have it tomorrow. It should be a nice bump up from my original Titan. :)

I also had access to two MSI 970s and they both were the highest overclockers I had seen.

JayZ22cents' MSI card can clock pretty high, and it's about $20 cheaper than the Gigabutt. And most likely quieter fans. No coil whine reported as well.

I'll take my chances with Gigabyte vs MSI, I simply don't trust that overhyped and marketed company

I'll take my chances with Gigabyte vs MSI, I simply don't trust that overhyped and marketed company

Honestly I think all the major brands are fine and I wouldn't not consider any one over another if the price was right.

Fuck I had no idea I wasn't a true enthusiast, my multiple rigs make me a true peasant.

lol.

This or the G1 Gaming? I prefer Gigabytes? Does anyone know if these run quieter than G1?

Back