Monster Hunter: World

TaintedSquirrel

[H]F Junkie

The latest entry in the critically acclaimed 40 million unit selling action RPG series, Monster Hunter: World introduces a living, breathing ecosystem in which players take on the role of a hunter that seeks and slays ferocious beasts in heart-pounding battles. Venture on quests alone or with up to three other hunters in a newly designed online drop-in multiplayer system which allows cross-region cooperative play between Japan and the West, uniting the global player base for the first time ever. Monster Hunter: World will also be the first game in the series with a worldwide simultaneous launch window and is planned for release on PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One in early 2018. A PC release will follow at a later date.

Monster Hunter: World sees players gear up to venture on quests to battle against fearsome monsters, progressively improving their hunting abilities as they play. Loot collected from fallen foes can be used to create new equipment and armor upgrades as players seamlessly move across map areas that comprise the living ecosystems. The landscape and its diverse inhabitants play a critical role as players strategically use the surrounding environment to their advantage. Hunters must use their cunning and abilities to survive the intense and evolving fights as they battle to become the ultimate hunter!

Features

• Welcome to the new World: Taking on the role of a hunter, players are tasked with going on a research expedition to a newly discovered continent known only as “new world” as they venture on quests to discover more about this mysterious land.
  • Living and breathing ecosystem: Utilize the surrounding environment and wildlife to your advantage. For example, pit monsters against one another to lure the main target creature to the right place, but be careful not to become hindered by the hazards they present.
  • Global simultaneous release: For the first time in the Monster Hunter series the latest title will release within the same launch window and unite hunters across the world with cross-region cooperative play options.
  • Online drop-in multiplayer: When the battle is too daunting to take on single-handedly, hail up to three other hunters to assist during quests by sending up a SOS flare to a worldwide server full of potential teammates.
  • Hunt to craft new gear: Defeat monsters and collect loot from fallen foes to craft equipment and weapons styled after the monsters that have been slain. Selecting the right loadout can help exploit enemy weaknesses to gain an advantage in battle. 
  • Master the beasts: A variety of ferocious creatures inhabit the new world landscape including the series mainstay Rathalos and the all new Anjanath. Players can mount the monsters with the dynamic riding mechanic, allowing them to travel along the monster’s body and deliver locational damage.
  • Seamless gameplay: Players and monsters can move from one map area to another freely and without loading screens whilst gameplay also dynamically transitions between night and day.

looks somewhat cool...has potential...graphics need improvement...a game like this would benefit from high res textures, advanced water and lighting effects etc on PC

Capcom streamed a Monster Hunter World event earlier today, which included around 24 minutes of gameplay footage (single player gameplay, and some multi-screen four player co-op play)...

More reasons for me to buy a PS4 Pro...behind Horizon: Zero Dawn, Last Guardian, Shadow of the Colossus remake...

A lengthy new Monster Hunter: World gameplay video has been released by Capcom showing a full Anjanath hunt...

new trailer for Monster Hunter World..this video gives fans their first look at a new area they'll get to explore in the game, Wildspire Waste...

This game looks fucking awesome...definitely need to get a PS4 Pro for this.

Looks awesome, though the wiki is fucked: "while it will only release for PlayStation 4 in Japan, it will launch with both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions in Western markets, with a Microsoft Windows release sometime afterwards."

What the fuck does that mean?

If Japanese audio with subs, day 1 buy.

I'm in for JP audio with JP subs. :sneaky:(y) Seriously though, ever hear the English voices in God Eater 2: Rage burst? It's rage inducing.

The sprinting animation in that forest gameplay video is hilarious.

I've never heard anything about it being released on XB1 or PC...that would be amazing but I wouldn't hold my breath.

We’ve played Monster Hunter: World, and it rules

Watch 12 minutes of hands-on gameplay...

I've never heard anything about it being released on XB1 or PC...that would be amazing but I wouldn't hold my breath.

it is coming to PC...PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in early 2018, with a Windows PC version to follow at a later date

I just noticed that this thread is in the PC gaming forum and the first post said it's coming for PC...Feeling kind of retarded now. :(

In any case, I am super hyped for this game...it looks amazing. Looks like it simplifies tracking the monster, which is something I always found annoying and tedious about the previous titles. Also, it seems like there is no real time limit which is also nice. Seems to have more of a free-form, open-world feel.

hopefully the PC graphics are much improved...all the gameplay footage I've seen looks washed out with poor textures

Monster Hunter: World will be released worldwide on January 26th 2018, Capcom confirmed at the Tokyo Game Show...although the PC release will follow at a later date

Monster Hunter World - PGW 2017 Trailer

at the end of the trailer it's revealed that Horizon Zero Dawn’s Aloy is a playable character...

If Monster Hunter: World doesn't get you into Capcom's incredible series, nothing ever will

Monster Hunter has never had the mainstream, widespread global appeal that Capcom feels it really should have, and that the series most definitely deserves...and so we have this: Monster Hunter World, the most radical step the series has taken since its inception some 13 years ago... Capcom wants everyone to experience the wonder that is a decent Monster Hunter game, and it doesn't dick around in the process...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...o-capcoms-incredible-series-nothing-ever-will

PC at some point eventually, though no solid date.

Didn't see this posted, but they are bringing back the beta, this time for all PS4 users (not just PS Plus subscribers).

DRGWmO7UQAAHGDX.jpg

If you already have the previous beta loaded, this will be the same thing so you can play again.

Based on what I have read it kinda sounded like a "when we have time/resources" type of thing. So..."when it's done" (Valve Time).

I imagine the vast majority of players will be on the PS4, but if/when this comes out on PC I will probably pick it up anyway, just because.

Based on what I have read it kinda sounded like a "when we have time/resources" type of thing. So..."when it's done" (Valve Time).

I imagine the vast majority of players will be on the PS4, but if/when this comes out on PC I will probably pick it up anyway, just because.

my guess is that it won't be that long after consoles...within 3 months is my prediction

my guess is that it won't be that long after consoles...within 3 months is my prediction

I'd estimate six months, or more. If work on the port doesn't start until the console versions are out six+ months would be the time needed to do something decent. Since Lost Planet, a lot of Capcom's delayed PC releases have been around six months or more.

If/when it comes to PC, I hope (but don't expect) it has some sort of cross-platform play. I wish more games would support this where it makes sense like in this genre, MMOs, and racing games. But I understand it's usually Sony or the console maker that denies that from ever happening.

Cross-platform would be awesome, but I highly doubt it. Sony also seems hell-bent on preventing cross-platform play on their systems for some reason.

I would agree with Derangel about the 6+ months thing.

I'd estimate six months, or more. If work on the port doesn't start until the console versions are out six+ months would be the time needed to do something decent. Since Lost Planet, a lot of Capcom's delayed PC releases have been around six months or more.

I thought I read articles which stated that work on the PC port already started...I think some sites even played parts of the PC version...

Glad I am picking it up on PS4 if that's the case. Still, nice to have at least a vague timeline on the PC version.

Looks like 6+ months was correct.

aka it's gonna be a right clusterfuck on pc.

definitely has the potential to be bad being that they have admitted to this being their first PC game...usually takes a game or 2 before a developer gets comfortable with the PC side...

definitely has the potential to be bad being that they have admitted to this being their first PC game...usually takes a game or 2 before a developer gets comfortable with the PC side...

Hopefully Capcom loaned them a few employees with PC experience.

Back