Monster Hunter: World

I finally caved and bought Iceborne. I see that DLSS is an option now, but it looks like utter shit. Why do ALL of the AA options in this game look like garbage?

I think I'm like halfway-ish through the story in Iceborne. I love being able to do optional quests online, makes it a lot less tedious than having to solo everything.

The Artemis armor is a pretty decent early-MR set, I've been using that and have upgraded it a bit. Got a few MR weapons (Lance, Bow, LS) and have been having fun.

For AA I ended up just forcing FXAA in the Nvidia control panel - seems to look better than anything the game offers.

Make sure you turn off variable refresh-rate/framerate, whatever the hell algorithm they use in MH:World looks like absolute shit 99% of the time. Same with TAA unless you're re-sharpening it later through CASFX.

Make sure you turn off variable refresh-rate/framerate, whatever the hell algorithm they use in MH:World looks like absolute shit 99% of the time. Same with TAA unless you're re-sharpening it later through CASFX.
Yeah, I've had that off.

Still playing, MR 65-ish and I need to start grinding in the Guiding Lands I guess, to upgrade my stuff. I have some decent elemental bow sets for each element now.

Last edited:
Netflix is releasing an animated Monster Hunter movie next month, focusing on a young Ace Cadet...

There's been a bit of a resurgence in MHW. Something like 130k+ concurrent players on Steam on Jan 1. I tried it a couple years ago and didn't care for it but the internet zeitgeist for it over the past couple of weeks got me to try it again and I'm pretty well hooked.

There's been a bit of a resurgence in MHW. Something like 130k+ concurrent players on Steam on Jan 1. I tried it a couple years ago and didn't care for it but the internet zeitgeist for it over the past couple of weeks got me to try it again and I'm pretty well hooked.
I noticed the resurgence a few days ago because I been debating buying Iceborne since its 70% off at GameBillet. The numbers are insane it's like how it was 3-4 years ago.

I noticed the resurgence a few days ago because I been debating buying Iceborne since its 70% off at GameBillet. The numbers are insane it's like how it was 3-4 years ago.

I suspect the reveal of Wilds helped re/ignite people’s interest in World. I’m currently working on Rise and Sunbreak but once I’m done with that I plan on going back to World and going through it.

Back