Monster Hunter Rise - Switch Thread

I'm 100% expecting all future creatures to continue with power creep like they did in world. No way are we only gonna end up with like 3 apex monsters and 2 elder dragons that you can't even kill. Especially with the way the game "ended."

Interesting about the armor sets MavericK. Did the protection improve any if you spent Armor Spheres to upgrade the armor sets from level 1 to 5? I myself am not sweating it too much being that DLC will give us a few more monster types to fight. Perhaps the armor sets possibly made from them will be better than what's already available. Out!
Yeah, all of my pieces are fully upgraded, the issue is that with lower-"tier" pieces, they can't actually be upgraded to the same levels as the higher-"tier" stuff. And it doesn't simply go by rarity either.

Example: Skalda/Spio Elytra S waist gets up to 52 Defense fully-upgraded, but the Izuchi Coil S gets up to 56. Both are rarity 4. But a rarity 6 Rakna piece can get up to 72 Defense.

The problem with this is that, especially in this game, in many cases certain armor skills are tied to certain pieces, and some of those pieces may be lower "tier".

This is how it's pretty much always been, but in World you had a lot more flexibility with the Beta variants of armor and decorations, even though the RNG of decorations in that game sucked. But as far as I know you could basically get any skill on a decoration, outside of the set bonuses for some of the armor sets. So you could still use the top-tier defense armor but have all the skills you want. Not really the case in Rise, you are limited way more by the armor pieces you choose, and a lot of skills are not available through decorations.

I guess in World once I had "top-tier" armor, I felt like HR monsters were not nearly as much of a threat as they are in Rise. I'm not saying they should feel easy, but when a monster is still able to do a one-two punch on me with fully-upgraded armor, it doesn't make you feel like you're in "top-tier" armor. It's fun being able to bust a monster's ass and shrug off attacks with high-end gear that you grinded for hours for. If you don't feel powerful after that, what's the point?

Anyway, just rambling perhaps, but it's noticeable to me in this game over World.

I'm 100% expecting all future creatures to continue with power creep like they did in world. No way are we only gonna end up with like 3 apex monsters and 2 elder dragons that you can't even kill. Especially with the way the game "ended."
Well the way the game ends there is obviously going to be more to the main story, it leaves off on a cliffhanger essentially and teases at least one more major elder dragon threat. I'm not worried about future content, but maybe they are keeping the options sort of conservative right now so that they can accommodate for power creep in the future.

Oh, one thing I just noticed is that I forgot to craft the Power and Armor talons.

Kids, don't forget to buy your Power and Armor charms and then a second set to make the talons once you hit
Ibushi
. Then keep them in your item pouch forever.

Money is weirdly my biggest crafting things obstacle at the moment. I hate doing that ore run on the lava caverns for zenny, but it's kinda required.

Money is weirdly my biggest crafting things obstacle at the moment. I hate doing that ore run on the lava caverns for zenny, but it's kinda required.
I mean you can make like 400-600k in one 10 minute run. I've only done it twice and I have plenty of money still. You do need a ton of cash for upgrades in this game, though, but eventually you'll hit a point where you aren't constantly upgrading weapons and armor.

I'm kind of trying to figure out what I want to do now. Mostly I have been doing 7 star Rampage stuff because I find them fun with randoms online and Defender tickets are good melding fodder. Also you end up getting a lot of plates and gems from Rampages, interestingly enough.

I should probably run the final boss a few more times but I find that fight more tedious. Rampages are pretty easy with 4 even semi-competent players. And I always seem to play at night so I seem to mostly pair up with Japanese names who are generally quite good and efficient.

I have 31 hours in this game since buying it last Wednesday, it is a fucking fantastic game, been using dual blades, thinking of learning another weapon soon, for now, dual blades are just too fun.

Starting to branch out into different weapons, and yeah, you need a lot of money for upgrades.

I'm ready for more content. Basically just been running 7-star Rampages and Narwa for melding fodder recently. Made several weapon sets, though I didn't realize until recently that to unlock all of the switch skills you have to craft/upgrade a certain amount of each weapon type. I think it's 7 or so?

Narga LBG is really good against Narwa with Pierce 2 and Slashing ammo. Build info in this video:

Monster Hunter Rise 2.0 Update To Release Tomorrow; Adds New Monsters and More

I knew it was going to be Teo and Kushala, but I kinda hate fighting both of them...lol.

The other stuff is cool. I wonder if we are going to get new weapons and armor for the Apexes and/or the new monsters. Presumably?

I knew it was going to be Teo and Kushala, but I kinda hate fighting both of them...lol.

The other stuff is cool. I wonder if we are going to get new weapons and armor for the Apexes and/or the new monsters. Presumably?
Yeah, i'm hoping we will. Luckily won't have to wait too long to find out.

I absolutely hate fighting Kushala Daora but I've always had a softspot for beating the shit out of Teostra/Lunastra, something about them I just "get" and the rewards are almost always worth it. I suspect they'll be keeping Lunastra till the expansion this time around, but I could be wrong.

Yeah, i'm hoping we will. Luckily won't have to wait too long to find out.

I absolutely hate fighting Kushala Daora but I've always had a softspot for beating the shit out of Teostra/Lunastra, something about them I just "get" and the rewards are almost always worth it. I suspect they'll be keeping Lunastra till the expansion this time around, but I could be wrong.
Luna I did not really like, but Teo yeah, I can see that. I did get pretty good at fighting him. I got okay at fighting Kushala as well, I just didn't find it to be that fun of a fight. Both of them run/jump around way too much, and Kushala just won't stay on the ground half the time. Them nerfing flash pods in World/Iceborne really sucked for those fights.

I'm interested/scared to see the stand-alone Apex fights. Some of their attacks could almost one-shot you in top-tier armor, but in a Rampage it didn't matter if you carted. I wonder if they will have more materials or armor/weapons for the Apexes now or if it'll just be for layered stuff like the AT fights in World.

I'm really hoping the apex creatures have unique armor sets, or at least weapons. I'm expecting an apex magnamalo to be in the next update.

Magnamalo is already annoying enough to fight, Apex would just make me rage.

But you're probably right.

Played a bit - what is going on with the power level of some monsters in this game? For some reason even with maxed-out armor (the upgrade cap went up with the update) I am getting one-shot by Magnamalo. Did they buff monsters in general? I don't feel like I have any more defense, in fact it seems even worse, a lot of monsters are doing over half-health with one hit. I wonder if there is a bug in defense or something because this doesn't feel right.

I just read through the patch notes MavericK. If they buffed certain monsters it certainly isn't listed specifically in said notes. Maybe that was their surprise they weren't going to mention and they were just going to spring it on everyone. Eh...maybe. Out!

I just read through the patch notes MavericK. If they buffed certain monsters it certainly isn't listed specifically in said notes. Maybe that was their surprise they weren't going to mention and they were just going to spring it on everyone. Eh...maybe. Out!
Yeah I am not sure. It's possible it's just certain new quests, since those were what I was playing, but nothing in the quest notes said anything about the monsters being buffed.

In general I have felt like upgrading your armor and getting top-tier stuff has not made me feel very powerful in the game, which is kind of a bummer feeling to be honest. In World when I had top-tier stuff I felt fairly confident in my defense outside of some of the higher-tier elder dragons, but in Rise it seems like a Tobi-Kadachi will just one-shot me if it feels like it.

I don't think I've ever heard or seen Capcom buff or nerf monsters before unless it was an entirely new release. I'm guessing that there's just something going on with your armor skills that's making them more susceptible to magnamalo now.

I haven't played the update yet. Had to work all evening.

Apparently, it may be that some of the new 7-star quests have the monsters buffed, albeit with no indication thereof. A lot of people are having trouble with these quests and getting one or two-shotted. Specifically, some of the multi-monster quests (Utsushi's challenges, etc.).

I guess I will have to go back to a previous quest to compare, because I know for sure I was not getting one-shotted previously.

Also, make sure you upgrade your armor after the update, the cap has increased. But I'm talking about even with fully maxed armor post-patch. Some of these monsters hit really fucking hard.

Played a ridiculous amount today. Made it from HR8 to HR40, Teostra needs to be defeated to progress and I haven't attempted yet. Needed to take a break for, you know, things like eating.

Love the difficulty ramp up after the previous "end game" and I'm really loving the unique elder dragon armor set abilities. Can't wait to see more, also I really hope that the rest of the apex monsters are fightable in non rampages, apex rathalos was crazy.

I liked the Kushala fight way more then the buffed Magna / Narga fight. It was tough but fair, not just "let's make normal attacks one-shot you".

Working towards HR 40 now.

Pretty much have done all the current content, just farming for materials now. I cannot for the life of me get a damn Almudron gem. I wish more people ran the red 7-star Almudron rampage, those seem to have better chances for plates/gems, but I can never find a join request for it. I ran it once and did a join request and it was fun, didn't get a gem though.

So far I am not a huge fan of locking decorations behind gems, people complained about decoration RNG in World, but if your RNG is bad for getting gems it's basically the same situation. At least in World you could meld for gems with celestial tickets. I am fine with using mats for decos but for gems it just sucks if your RNG is bad.

Last edited:
I still haven't found an Anjanath gem and I've killed over 30 of em.

The talisman RNG seems worse than gem RNG because a single talisman effects so much.

I still haven't found an Anjanath gem and I've killed over 30 of em.

The talisman RNG seems worse than gem RNG because a single talisman effects so much.
Yeah, and the tables for charm configurations are huge. Hopefully we will get better armor with more slots, right now it feels really restrictive.

I eventually did get an Anja gem but it took forever. I had one randomly drop in a rampage after I didn't need it anymore. I mostly have just been farming rampages for melding tickets.

They should have some better rules about what talismans can get rolled - there is no reason why you should ever be getting a rarity 7 talisman with 1-slot skills and garbage slots on it.

You also end up getting garbage with a blademaster skill and a gunner skill on the same charm, or something like poison attack + poison resist. Why does that exist?

EDIT: FWIW, I also got way better charms before the 2.0 patch. I haven't gotten a single WEX or really anything useful since the update.

Last edited:
having good skills on the charm is good but slots on them plays bigger role now.

p.s wtb lv3 wirebug whisperer + lv2 slot x2 charm

I really think they need to rework the talisman melding system. I am already feeling burnt out on the endgame grind and the game is barely over a month old. It always just feels disappointing seeing the garbage talismans you get.

Ideally they would add a new melding method that guarantees rarity 7 charms or something, and maybe tweak the random skill algorithm to not generate a charm with conflicting skills as I mentioned above.

I'd also like to see something like the Investigation system from World, and/or plate and gem melding. Even just allowing us to fight different monsters on different maps would be nice.

I'm not a min-maxer enough, especially with the currently unfinished endgame, to worry enough about talismans to save scum. I suspect that better scenarios (like event quests) will make talismans easier to get in the future, and honestly, i'm not worried about min-maxing in the current system because no monster requires it yet. It's not like there's an (Extreme) Behemoth, AT Xenojiva or iceborn Alatreon or Fatalis equivalent right now that *demands* the most min-maxed build. I think i've only triple carted less than 5 times in my 100+ hours on rise so far. (Most of those were the "advanced" village mission, mostly because that bazelguese/rajang combo REALLY fucked me up.)

I did it a lot in World to get decos, on the PS4 it was kind of a pain, but on the PC it was super easy. It's a bit of a pain here, but it's probably one of those things where I'll do it for an hour or so, then move on. I probably won't waste as many mats on random melds anymore, though. Still have not gotten anything good since 2.0 and I've done dozens of melds at this point.

I played "The Greatest Jagras" over 50 times, but that particular mission always put a smile on my face so it was worth it. 😅

OH LAWD HE COMIN'

I played "The Greatest Jagras" over 50 times, but that particular mission always put a smile on my face so it was worth it. 😅

OH LAWD HE COMIN'
Yeah, I did farm that a bit as well. Made a spread HBG build with that meta Kulve weapon so I could run it in like under 5 minutes.

At 96 hours of in game time, and after defeating my 43rd Anjanath, I finally got a single Anjanath gem.

At 96 hours of in game time, and after defeating my 43rd Anjanath, I finally got a single Anjanath gem.
Damn...it didn't take me that long but I did end up getting one, and then another in a rampage.

I have one Magna Orb but I have been trying to farm more...so far no real luck there.

Also, Good Luck seems almost worthless, it doesn't appear to affect the number of tickets you get in Rampage and even at level 3 it doesn't seem to proc more than one every 3-5 hunts for me.

I farmed Almudron for the Orb to make the Good Luck deco, and it feels like it was kind of pointless. Just FYI.

When it comes to farming, having my high level gatherer palico with me seems to give me far more rewards than anything else i've tried. Pilfer is sick.

Wondering when the next content drop will be revealed. Supposed to be by the end of this month which is fast approaching.

I'm guessing it will be a new final boss (I + N babby?), maybe some variants like Azure Rath and Pink Rathian. Probably individual quests for Apex Rath and Diablos I would imagine as well.

Hoping for a better talisman melding system and some QoL changes there, but not holding my breath.

I have been trying to go through the arena quests with each weapon but it's difficult for some of the more technical ones that I'm not familiar with. Apparently if you complete all of the arena quests with all weapons you get access to a special armor piece.

Back