Monster Hunter Rise - Switch Thread

polonyc2

Fully [H]
The upcoming 3.0 update will require over 1 Gb of free storage space, Capcom confirmed today

On the game's official Twitter profile, the Japanese publisher confirmed the 3.0 update, which will release before the end of the month, will require 1.4 GB of free storage space...the update has yet to be detailed in full, but it has already been confirmed that it will add new monsters as well as a proper ending...

TheSlySyl

[H]ard|Gawd
God I hope its Valstrax. I want Valstrax.

I'm expecting 10 "new" monsters during this final update, which will include the final forms of Ibushi/Narwa but not counting Apex of existing monsters (which there will be more.)

1.4gb is nothing, but I'm ridiculous and now have a 1TB sd card in my switch.

MavericK

Zero Cool
I never played much of Gen/GU so Valstrax would be cool. Glad we have an actual date for the info!

As far as the file size, the last update was about the same size (~1 GB).

Last edited:

MavericK

Zero Cool
Based on previous leaks and speculation, we could get Apex Zinogre, the actual final boss, and a Valstrax variant (Crimson Glow?).

RareAir23

Limp Gawd
MavericK The next Monster Hunter Rise Digital Event takes place next week on May 26th I believe. The 3.0 patch which is part of the content drop will release soon after that event. Out!

MavericK

Zero Cool
Yep, I am excited for new content!

There's also a new event quest out now that gives you materials to make a new armor piece and layered armor. The armor itself is not great but the layered armor is kinda decent.

MavericK

Zero Cool
I worked on getting all of the relics - I had about half and used a guide for the rest, some of them are really obscure.

Anyway, there's a reference to a "crimson glow" in one of the stories, and the leak saying something about a Crimson Glow Valstrax... Seems likely. Not sure if it will be this update, though.

MavericK

Zero Cool
Pretty much what was expected. I am excited to fight Valstrax, I think the only time I did was in the demo for GU on the Switch.

MavericK

Zero Cool
Final boss was a fun fight, I soloed it first try. But there's a new orb we have to farm now.... Ugh.

Valstrax is an asshole. Does way too much damage and no armor upgrades this time around.