Minecraft

I was on the build list back when the server was sulseeker.dyndns.org. Any chance I can be added to the new server?
Also, is the old map on this server? I was working on a project in there.

In-game name: jupson

Thanks!

Yeah that was our issue. I mean I understand why, but grabbing each plugin is a huge pain.

I'll have to check out Hmod, thanks for the heads up.
Hmod is no longer being developed, Bukkit is the replacement.

Trying to figure out if there's a way to do something.

Say you're standing on a structure really high up, and you want to hit a switch and have it drop you down through something like a trap door in the floor. Anyone know a good way to accomplish this? Basically I just need a door that opens below you instead of in front.

Trying to figure out if there's a way to do something.

Say you're standing on a structure really high up, and you want to hit a switch and have it drop you down through something like a trap door in the floor. Anyone know a good way to accomplish this? Basically I just need a door that opens below you instead of in front.

Here is a small preview of the Hashland memorial. This is the shrine part. Took a while to gather the wool and dye to do this. Its right next to spawn and is set to my home if anyone want to see.

Many people helped in the building by providing materials and time.

20110227_17_53_25.png

Hmod is no longer being developed, Bukkit is the replacement.

Hmod is still being developed, 135 for 1.3 is due out around the 28th its just not being made by hey0

This is why its unofficial builds.

This will probably come to an end when bukkit is released.

Arr4ws great work on the memorial so far.

No, the old map is not on this server, it will be on a different one.

Im off tomorrow so I might start working towards getting the otherone up.

Had to disable minecart mania, was duplicating items and didn't seem to respond right.

Invade anyone was wondering beds are working, 3 of us slept earlier today.

Anyone know about advanced linux networking?

Been trying to make a panorama out of this, haven't made a pano in years, so still learning, hence the left side of the pic being a bit fucked up, nonetheless
5484801560_0d07dcd7bf_b.jpg

not finished at all of course, still need to make plazas, maybe change lighting.

I was hopelessly addicted to this game from August to November last year, then all the sudden as quick as I got hooked, I quit. Haven't played it since. I stopped playing right around the time when Hell was introduced. I had a server setup and everything, thought it was awesome, then just got bored.

I think I built everything I wanted to, and need some new inspiration. :cool:

You could probably hack Android and have a JRE installed on it.

There would be a problem though: processing power. The game would run painfully slow.

It sounds like the iOS and Android versions will be stripped down from the main game though.

I wouldn't want to play Minecraft on a phone, but it would be cool if you could use your phone as an accessory to the game like an interactive map or something.

It sounds like the iOS and Android versions will be stripped down from the main game though.

I can just about guarantee that the iphon/android minecraft games wont even be the same game at all.

It will likely be something new thats smartphone specific with minecraft in mind.

Theres no amount of stripping thats going to make the bloated monster we know on the desktop work with smartphones it has to be something new.

looks like a video to me...but eh I don't use an iphone and won't get one just for that :-P

on a side note, I need really cool screen shots if at all possible.

1. need a screen shot of someone fighting a mob
2. need a screen shot of someone building
3. need a screen shot of someone digging
4. lastly, I need some really nice screens of stuff you've built or just nice things.

If ya'll can help with that, would be super duper

if possible email them to me: [email protected]

if not you can post them here I guess.

Also, I would like get to get some Quotes from the Hashland players, just a sentence from as many of you as I can get saying who hash was to you, or what you thought of him, or just something nice.

I have the feeling its a video... and not actual gameplay

Also, notice how only blocks visible to an actual player are rendered. Maybe it will be a map viewer, as opposed to being able to interact with the world...

I have the feeling its a video... and not actual gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlJKf5ESvck&feature=related

heres one running on iOS. It was an unofficial port though, not approved by notch (it's since been removed the from appstore... but you can still get it via other sources :p)

it seems to run pretty good. I can imagine that mojang will be able to put together an optimized version version specifically for smartphones that will run just as well, if not better, than the minecrafted app.

I hope they release it sooner than later :)

looks like a video to me...but eh I don't use an iphone and won't get one just for that :-P

on a side note, I need really cool screen shots if at all possible.

1. need a screen shot of someone fighting a mob
2. need a screen shot of someone building
3. need a screen shot of someone digging
4. lastly, I need some really nice screens of stuff you've built or just nice things.

If ya'll can help with that, would be super duper

if possible email them to me: [email protected]

if not you can post them here I guess.

Also, I would like get to get some Quotes from the Hashland players, just a sentence from as many of you as I can get saying who hash was to you, or what you thought of him, or just something nice.

forgot to post why:

Hardcraft Server for the [H] Community Website

Ill send you lots of good pics in a while greatone, gotta do stuff first :), you want panoramas of anything? im going to be trying again now that I'm not so tired ;)

5490990144_63704cd98a_b.jpg

Figured it out :D, tell me if you want me to do this to your house

That is very awesome! I am actually in the mid-process of starting to build a treefort in huge tree, and possibly a tower on another set of tall trees next to it. How much light do trees need before they die? I want to build the tower, but I don't want to accidentally kill the tree(s) in the process.

If anyone sees me on wednesday late morning, remind me to back up the map again and take a picture.

for now its basicaly a shrine with leveled field with trees and stone slabs all around.

Ill add more feature today

Don't know if you already have a grand plan yet, or if you were looking for ideas, but just looking at the picture of it currently and thinking "memorial" brings to mind a massive tree built over and around that shrine. Something like 4 large roots that come out of the ground around the shrine, wind upward and come together into a massive gnarled trunk just over it's roof, then continues upward for as long as it needs to to look awesome.

Building a massive custom tree out of logs means that you would probably have to spawn the foliage blocks into your inventory so you could manually place them though.

Don't know if you already have a grand plan yet, or if you were looking for ideas, but just looking at the picture of it currently and thinking "memorial" brings to mind a massive tree built over and around that shrine. Something like 4 large roots that come out of the ground around the shrine, wind upward and come together into a massive gnarled trunk just over it's roof, then continues upward for as long as it needs to to look awesome.

Building a massive custom tree out of logs means that you would probably have to spawn the foliage blocks into your inventory so you could manually place them though.

I wanted to add foliage around the shrine... but were playing vanilla and dont want to spawn anything. I want this built to be something we work for. If we need leaves block , then well work for it.

did the memorial for HASH go up? and did i miss it?

I have a screenshot of it in my earlier post, and arr4ws does too, as he said we simply finished the "main" part of it, still have a lot of enviromental work to do.

Back