Minecraft

Server will update, when they update the server I have no control over this.

Beds won't function in MP unless EVERYONE sleeps in it at the same time.

I can't see the difference in those lighting pictures

Server will update, when they update the server I have no control over this.

Beds won't function in MP unless EVERYONE sleeps in it at the same time.

i wonder how the server update works... you need to transfer the new client to your machine? then convert the world file?

the lighting is much different in the game now. looks cleaner and less ''blocky'' if i could say.

look at the edges of the blocks (especially those sunk into a cliff edge). It uses an ambient occlusion effect. You can also see the difference really well in the night shot. With the original lighting, starting at a light source (a torch for example), it would get darker with each adjacent block, continually getting darker (so the 'shade' didn't fluctatate at all in the same face... it was all the same). With the new lighting system, the shading of each block isn't dictated by the number of blocks away from the light source it is. Instead, it's dictated upon how far any given point is away from the light source (so it uses arcs instead of following the cube faces... if that makes sense)

I guess I'm not very good at articulating it, but take a look at the night shot and you should be able to tell.

Im seeing a lot of people trying to get in, ya'll can't get in without the patch I posted for now till bukkit updates

Im also seeing sandstone naturally forming for once

Scratch that. You have to wait till I get home to update it.

This is why I need to find a reliable person that knows linux to help keep things running while im away

Last edited:
I have limited experience with linux - operating LAMP setups and such. Though the baby and freelance work makes me not so reliable... so... yeah.

It would also be a second back-up location, who ever helps can back up the map also. A second copy never hurts.

Btw because of our great explorer... map is 127MB

Ha! Referring to Zexx?

So... any possiblity of getting a map image? :) If you do a Tectonicus map, I'll host it on my webhost! :D

Those map programs will have to be coded to work with new save format probably. It might be a bit before I can get one

It would also be a second back-up location, who ever helps can back up the map also. A second copy never hurts.

Btw because of our great explorer... map is 127MB

Back on Hashland the ability to explore was limited. I don't recall what exactly it was but the map was limited to 2000x2000 or some such. That may be something worth considering (whether it should be 2000 or not is another topic) to limit frivolous map growth which really hurts all users in the end.

I would love to help run the server, but im a noob at it. I know insomnibyte could help in the day, hes a geek!

If i can help in any way , just pm me.
:D

Back on Hashland the ability to explore was limited. I don't recall what exactly it was but the map was limited to 2000x2000 or some such. That may be something worth considering (whether it should be 2000 or not is another topic) to limit frivolous map growth which really hurts all users in the end.

Yeah, 127MB for a relatively new world is ridiculous. The first iteration of hashland only managed to reach that size after several weeks, with borders of 8000. hash had the border set to 4000 blocks from spawn in the second instance of hashland. He temporarily set them to 2000 to test the plugin (I ended up getting cut off from my build in the 3800s).

I would love to help run the server, but im a noob at it. I know insomnibyte could help in the day, hes a geek!

If i can help in any way , just pm me.
:D

Calling me a geek, sheesh!

Im picking up a dual quad core server early next month, might be able to set it up to host as a secondary server for you if need be for sure.

Calling me a geek, sheesh!

Im picking up a dual quad core server early next month, might be able to set it up to host as a secondary server for you if need be for sure.

bit over kill but hey lol maybe we can have a server just jam packed with so many plugins it will bring it to a crawl!

as soon as I can get into bukkit.org I'll get the server updated... so just... wait... ... arr4ws is playing all by himself in there lol

yea so i think it is a confirmed bug that Slimes cannot be killed in SMP.

Yeah. The little ones may not be able to hurt you, but more than once now I've had trouble moving around them because they keep knocking me. I was trying to go through a hole water was coming out of, and I literally had to tunnel around the thing because the water+the slime pretty much made it impassable. Heaven forbid you're standing near lava when one wants to bump you. Extremely annoying.

bit over kill but hey lol maybe we can have a server just jam packed with so many plugins it will bring it to a crawl!

as soon as I can get into bukkit.org I'll get the server updated... so just... wait... ... arr4ws is playing all by himself in there lol

mocking me?

soon ill be the master of the diamonds... will you laugh then?

Yeah. The little ones may not be able to hurt you, but more than once now I've had trouble moving around them because they keep knocking me. I was trying to go through a hole water was coming out of, and I literally had to tunnel around the thing because the water+the slime pretty much made it impassable. Heaven forbid you're standing near lava when one wants to bump you. Extremely annoying.

I actually had to turn the monsters off on my server and turn them back on because we ended up with some massive amounts of slimes in a major area that we built. Like a good 75 little buggers running around.

I actually had to turn the monsters off on my server and turn them back on because we ended up with some massive amounts of slimes in a major area that we built. Like a good 75 little buggers running around.

Yeah, I'm hoping these get tweaked soon. I don't mind having slimes brought back, but making them unkillable and annoying is. I do think they can be drowned though, but they have to be stuck under water with no access to air. I managed to get a few slime balls by flooding and then blocking some in.

Man I can't wait to check out the new changes, was just reading Notch's blog.

edit: just realized my account hit 11 years!

Last edited:
Currently backing up map.. (thx zexx >P)

then updating to 1.3 can't wait to get some good lighting and some 1/2 blocks all up in der.

and using a bed when I'm the only one on the server and can abuse it's use to my advantage

Converting map....

OMG... THX zexx... this might take a bit...

Cloud always just make the decision to restart the map. Nothing like a new map to give people something to do. ;)

seems to be fairly stable at this point not much in way of down time, it's bueno

cant' wait to see the stuff on the old [H] map with the new lighting :)

i haven't been on in a while because of all the changes.

i kinda got tired of always having to restart over on a new map after working so hard on a lot of stuff.

i'm assuming hardcraft is on a new map(as in, not the original one with my bad ass castle)

anyway i can get a download of that map? I kinda like my castle a bit...

i haven't been on in a while because of all the changes.

i kinda got tired of always having to restart over on a new map after working so hard on a lot of stuff.

i'm assuming hardcraft is on a new map(as in, not the original one with my bad ass castle)

anyway i can get a download of that map? I kinda like my castle a bit...

The old map with your castle should be coming back once Greatone is satisfied with the current server's stability, and when he has some free time.

Back