Microcenter prices on sandy bridge

I don't really need a desktop computer, however with these prices I'm tempted to build an SB rig.

I'm going to be at the Santa Clara MC to pick up my 2600K this coming Sat. I'll probably order online & pick it up at the store like I did the i7 920 when it first came out.

I'm going to be at the Santa Clara MC to pick up my 2600K this coming Sat. I'll probably order online & pick it up at the store like I did the i7 920 when it first came out.

I called the Santa Clara store today to ask if I could order online for pickup and the salesperson wasn't really sure and said probably not...so good to know you did it with the 920. I'll see you there, won't know who you are but hey! :D

I just hope they don't give people shit about just buying a proc. They tried to pull the "you must buy x hardware to receive a processor" when they first put the 920s at $200. I had to pitch a bitch to the store manager just to get one.

I called the Santa Clara store today to ask if I could order online for pickup and the salesperson wasn't really sure and said probably not...so good to know you did it with the 920. I'll see you there, won't know who you are but hey! :D

That is good to know. Thanks for the info. I'll try to order online in the morning & hope for the best. I'll see you there nevertheless even though we don't know each other. =)

You might be better off waiting until Sunday, when they go on sale. ;)

Shhh don't tell him that haha. I'm going to be at the Santa Clara one too, but good thing im going for the 2500k not the 2600 so less competition haha. Anyone know about the instant in-store discount? Is it really instant or we have to do some kind of mail in rebate?

Shhh don't tell him that haha. I'm going to be at the Santa Clara one too, but good thing im going for the 2500k not the 2600 so less competition haha. Anyone know about the instant in-store discount? Is it really instant or we have to do some kind of mail in rebate?

I meant Sun :p

Yeah I don't see the original prices from the flier on the "in store" price anymore. Is the 2600k still going to be cheap or?

That's nuts. I had clicked on my link right before I posted it again to verify. Now it's different. Guess my browser had it cached.

I took a screenshot of the page yesterday and emailed it to myself. I'll try to post it.

Not seeing prices there.

I was getting worried that they removed the deal. Thank you. Took pictures. :)

the sale price will auto trigger at the registers

WHY is there NO Microcenter, Frys or just a frikin Compusa/Tiger Direct in Charlotte NC??? Why, Why, Why!!!!!!!!!

Well... unless you're actually going to call MC to see if they have it in stock, then you probably wouldn't know anyway, right?
Price matching always requires a call.

That having been said, Microcenter's website always says how much they have in stock, also.

As for the policy of the competing store having it in stock - I think that's hilarious. Once MC sells out, come to Fry's to pay more! And then the customer will walk out and just continue to wait for MC stock to be re-filled. Why would the customer want to pay more at Fry's if all they have to do is wait? Sandybridge's aren't going to be scarce like the Wii in 2006.
It is what it is. I'm just telling you.

I talked to an MC rep (Chicago Central) on the phone myself, and he clarified the following things:

1) Even after asking the manager, he was not 100% sure if the Sandy Bridge CPU's can be reserved online for in-store pickup, but said that they probably will be.

2) As to when they should first appear online, he said early in the morning roughly 7-8 AM Central Time.

3) He did mention that while a few other people expressed interest in previous calls, he doesn't expect them to sell out too quickly given the number of them in stock.

I talked to an MC rep (Chicago Central) on the phone myself, and he clarified the following things:

1) Even after asking the manager, he was not 100% sure if the Sandy Bridge CPU's can be reserved online for in-store pickup, but said that they probably will be.

2) As to when they should first appear online, he said early in the morning roughly 7-8 AM Central Time.

3) He did mention that while a few other people expressed interest in previous calls, he doesn't expect them to sell out too quickly given the number of them in stock.
Thanks for the info.

Sounds good.

Are you guys picking up a 2500k or 2600k?

I had a guy at the KC store tell me the same thing. He did say they have 11 2500K's in-stock, but I didn't think to ask about the other models. I did see quite a few people say they'll be at the KC store in one of the other threads, makes me think they might go quickly. Guess we'll see on Sunday.

I had a guy at the KC store tell me the same thing. He did say they have 11 2500K's in-stock, but I didn't think to ask about the other models. I did see quite a few people say they'll be at the KC store in one of the other threads, makes me think they might go quickly. Guess we'll see on Sunday.
11? That seems very low.

11? That seems very low.
I thought the same thing, especially when he had just told me they had plenty. I don't have the best of hearing, so it's possible I misheard him, but I'm pretty sure that's what he said.

If you're concerned about getting a chip, call your local store. Kid at my store said to email him and he'll have everything pulled and on hold for me to come pick up Sunday.

Can someone tell me their experience with Micro Center. I know that experience will vary depends on people and the location, but I want to know how competitive it is when MC release new products. Like will there be long ass line that I need to get there an hour or 2 early to get in? Granted, MC is limiting 1 per customer, so I don't have to worry about people hording the stuff, but not sure how many will show up. I never been to a MC or try to buy new computer parts on the first day of release. Thanks.

Anyone know if they will have p67 pros there tomorrow? They show the deluxe and regular in the ad but I was hoping to get a pro while I was there tomorrow. Thx

I just called the MC in Rockville, MD. Asked the lady that picked up if she was familiar with the new CPUs coming out tomorrow. "Yes, I am" she said. "Can you tell me how many 2500k CPUs you'll have in stock"? I said. "No clue" she said.

"Not even a rough number"? I said. "No, sorry" she said.

Stupid CSRs! :mad:

I just talked to two different guys at the Overland Park store and he told me that they did not have any 2600k Sandy Bridges in but expected some Thur. Both told me the same thing 2 hours apart. If someone else could call and confirm I would appreciate it.

I just talked to two different guys at the Overland Park store and he told me that they did not have any 2600k Sandy Bridges in but expected some Thur. Both told me the same thing 2 hours apart. If someone else could call and confirm I would appreciate it.
I'm getting ready to go up there with a friend in about 15 minutes. I'll make sure to ask about the 2600K's.

EDIT: Was told they'll have them tomorrow, but as they aren't in the system yet, the guy couldn't tell me how many. So who knows what the real answer is.

Last edited:
Where I live they have about 40-60 in stock and getting more later this week. PM if you wish to know where but i WILL NOT go public because I want to ensure I get my 2600K tomorrow morning at 11 when MC opens.

Where I live they have about 40-60 in stock and getting more later this week. PM if you wish to know where but i WILL NOT go public because I want to ensure I get my 2600K tomorrow morning at 11 when MC opens.

rofl, are you serious? like you hold some top secret information....

Haha I doubt 40 geeks are going to pop out of the wood work and ninja your shit ... ahahaha but you never know.

Haha I doubt 40 geeks are going to pop out of the wood work and ninja your shit ... ahahaha but you never know.

How about a few geeks that buy 5-10 a piece then gouge them on the FS section here? Happens all the time.

It does happen, actually, especially at launches when a few will sometimes try to buy several for resale.

Back