Microcenter prices on sandy bridge

this is a little off topic but have you guys seen the "specs" on these SB new mobos?! it's VERY good. makes me want to buy one now!

Are you saying he ignored your own in-store pickup ticket and rang it up as a normal in-store purchase, or that he stole someone else's in-store pickup and sold it to you? Because if its the latter that's BS.

They honored the in-store pick up tickets. They grabbed my in-store pick up ticket and just range it up as a normal sale, instead of doing whatever process they do for the in-store pick up.

Well, I pre-ordered 2600k and 2500k at Richardson, TX store. Went to order pickup, they were both there. Then went up to Fry's in Plano, got them to pricematch MicroCenter. So ended up with 2 2600k and 2 2500k. Back home in like 45 minutes.

Already have motherboards, Have 2 Asus P8P67 Deluxe and 1 Asus Sabertooth P67. Asus Maximus IV was delayed and should arrive by Tuesday/Wednesday.

It was a good day.
where did you get a Sabertooth?

They honored the in-store pick up tickets. They grabbed my in-store pick up ticket and just range it up as a normal sale, instead of doing whatever process they do for the in-store pick up.

When I got my in-store pickup they just rang me up- there wasn't anything special that I could tell.

Got mine today. Ordered online for instore pickup around 130, got it an hour or two later, I wanted to get the p8p67 pro combo deal, but they were sold out (but I saw four of them on the shelf, reserved). So I kept my provantage order for the gigabyte ud4.

What heatsink did you guys get? I saw reviews with a nice tower heatsink for the K series, but my 2500k just had the standard aluminum blowdown cooler that has been the same intel design since lga 775.

I got the low profile one. Copper core and shorter than my stock e8400 cooler.

too bad there instore only. I wish i lived near a MC

I live near *two* (and was at the Fairfax, VA store looking for a final upgrade for Mighty Mouse), and was initially thinking about a final CPU upgrade (to something with VT support; with the Qs being dead ducks, I was thinking at least E3300). No such luck - not a single E3300 in stock, and they won't be getting any more, either. Wound up getting a budget (higher-rated) brand X PSU (Eagle Technologies VOLTAS 600W) that MC had on sale (their lowest priced 600W PSU at $32 including tax) instead. However, it looks like any future upgrades will be away from LGA775 (if not away from Intel altogether) due to three factors:

1. Lack of available new LGA775 CPU options that aren't ripoffs. (I've seen Newegg's prices - yuck! That's why I don't buy CPUs there.)

2. Falling prices for DDR3. DDR3 is where DDR2 was when I originally built Mighty Mouse, and continuing to drop in price. Throw in that and #1 above, I'm practically out of reasonable upgrades for this rig as of now.

3. Not just falling prices for SSDs in general, but the emergence of the PCIe SSD. We have one company to thank for both trends: SSD controller maker SandForce. SandForce launches the SF-2xxx series of SSD controllers this year. Expect performance to continue to rise, with pricing either remaining flat or even continuing to drop. That pretty much will trainwreck mATX (which usually lacks PCIe x4 slots).

Just got back with mine. Hardly worth the $25 savings over newegg given time, travel, and the line at MC. Definitely a 'large polo mallet and sock full of horse manure' moment.

QFT. Wish I would have seen the 2600k + Asus P8P67 Pro + Civ V combo deal before I went. This is not to say that Microcenter wasn't impressive, it definitely was, but I prefer doing business with Newegg anyway, and I could have sold that Civ V copy for $35+ bucks.

Does anyone know why the bundle savings arent showing up when adding to cart for pickup? Applied at checkout???

And is it on all p67 boards? I can add a non-bundle mb to my cart, and I dont see anything as well.

Back