Microcenter prices on sandy bridge

u mean CROOK county ;)

In all honesty the Westmont Microcenter is about the same distance from me as the Chicago one (I live in Lake County), and I am aware that they have lower sales tax in Du Page county, but of course, I am meeting a friend there and I'll be able to fulfill my craving for Smoque :D

Just ordered a 2600k and P8P67 PRO for in-store pickup (Fairfax, VA). :D

The motherboard was the same price as Newegg - $189.99. Trading shipping for tax- still saved $34.37 over Newegg.

Just got the email, my order is complete and ready for pick-up. Yay!

I'm going to see what they have for RAM...but I'll probably just order from Newegg and borrow some from work in the meantime.

Anyone in Chicago know if microcenter havs the 2400s?

It's listed on the website now, so you can search your city. Rockville has 20+/each of 2400 and 2500K - which makes sense I guess.
3 of the 2600 and no 2600K's. Kind of an odd inventory, considering the i7 2600K is perfect for upselling lol.

Hah the Central (CHI) location has a single 2600K.

It's listed on the website now, so you can search your city. Rockville has 20+/each of 2400 and 2500K - which makes sense I guess.
3 of the 2600 and no 2600K's. Kind of an odd inventory, considering the i7 2600K is perfect for upselling lol.

Hah the Central (CHI) location has a single 2600K.

Thanks for the info. Glad I didn't make the 1.5 hour drive to try and save $30.

Got my order cancelled too but decided to just go since it was just a 5 min drive. Was able to get the 2500k/asus pro combo. 2600k is out of stock already.

Oh this was at MC Cincy.

Got my proc from the boston/camebridge store.

They were not honoring the online reservations. It was first come first serve. If you were planing on going in later to pick up your reserve you will be very sorry.

That's bad news if it is true for the Chicago store. I won't be there for another 2 hours, so I am hoping they will still have the 2500K in stock.

EDIT: I callled them and they said that they initially weren't going to honor the reservations, but they said I shouldn't worry about it not being in stock when I arrive later today.

Just got the email, my order is complete and ready for pick-up. Yay!

I'm going to see what they have for RAM...but I'll probably just order from Newegg and borrow some from work in the meantime.

Walked right up to the counter and got my stuff. LOL'd at all the suckers waiting in line in the parts dept. :p

Too bad their RAM is double what it runs online... :rolleyes:

Walked right up to the counter and got my stuff. LOL'd at all the suckers waiting in line in the parts dept. :p

Too bad their RAM is double what it runs online... :rolleyes:

Heh, reminds me of the post office and my prepaid USPS shipping labels I print out from usps.com. Everyone's packing their boxes in line and filling out labels at the counter, waiting for 15-20+ minutes for others to finish, while I just walk up to the counter, politely interrupt and say "Can I just drop this off, it's prepaid?" and am always told "Sure, just leave it on the counter." I do so, then walk out: total elapsed time, under 1 minute.

Suckers in Westmont, IL just cancelled my order. Shows 20+ available, wtf.

"
The item(s) you reserved are currently not available at our Westmont store. Please note — we cannot backorder any of these in-store pickup items, and we regret that this requires us to cancel your reservation. New shipments arrive daily, so please check back again."

Going to the store to see wtf is going on.

Just got home from the Overland Park store. They still had a ton of 2500K's when Ieft. Wasn't all that busy, either.

I think I snagged the last 2600k from the OP KS store but as the poster above noted...they had some 2500k in stock.

I just got my confirmation email for my in store pickup, lol. I called them to cancel it.

Just got home from the Overland Park store. They still had a ton of 2500K's when Ieft. Wasn't all that busy, either.

What did the website say about stock? My local store says sold out online but I'm wondering if its worth the drive to try anyway. it's about 40 mins 1 way. I really want o e of these today.

Suckers in Westmont, IL just cancelled my order. Shows 20+ available, wtf.

"
The item(s) you reserved are currently not available at our Westmont store. Please note — we cannot backorder any of these in-store pickup items, and we regret that this requires us to cancel your reservation. New shipments arrive daily, so please check back again."

Going to the store to see wtf is going on.

Mine was canceled too and I ordered at 3:30 AM CST so I damn well know they had stock. I got the e-mail as I was driving to Westmont and ended up rushing to Central store before opening and got one of the two last ones.

Just got back with mine. Hardly worth the $25 savings over newegg given time, travel, and the line at MC. Definitely a 'large polo mallet and sock full of horse manure' moment.

My store in Columbus Ohio had several. I was there 10 min after opening and they still had probably 15-20 2500k's and about 10 2600k's plus several in back.

I was the only person in the store at the time looking at the byopc section. They had like 10 associates there waiting to help people though lol.

Mine was canceled too and I ordered at 3:30 AM CST so I damn well know they had stock. I got the e-mail as I was driving to Westmont and ended up rushing to Central store before opening and got one of the two last ones.

Seems like ordering online and picking it up doesn't work. Went to Westmont and they had a bunch of it. Picked up the combo for $299.

Well, I pre-ordered 2600k and 2500k at Richardson, TX store. Went to order pickup, they were both there. Then went up to Fry's in Plano, got them to pricematch MicroCenter. So ended up with 2 2600k and 2 2500k. Back home in like 45 minutes.

Already have motherboards, Have 2 Asus P8P67 Deluxe and 1 Asus Sabertooth P67. Asus Maximus IV was delayed and should arrive by Tuesday/Wednesday.

It was a good day.

I got an email that my reservation was cancelled this morning. I got to the store about 15 mins after it opened. There was a line of people and all of the 2500's and 2600's (Ks included) were sold out. I'm pretty pissed off right now.

Tustin MC sold out as is the Fountain valley fry's. Fry's anaheim has stock though. I got one from there because I'm inpatient. 70 more than the MC budle deal though for the chip and board :-(

I was going to drive to the Chicago Westmont store but decided against it. It's a 40 minute drive for me and I got a decent deal on Newegg. Yeah I live in Crook County and usually drive outside the limits to cheaper tax areas for large purchases.

Core i7-2600k and a Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3 for $439.98. It was just a bit less than $450 shipped which is within the limit I wanted to spend on these. The H67 boards really seamed to stink in general.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.575879

I was going to drive to the Chicago Westmont store but decided against it. It's a 40 minute drive for me and I got a decent deal on Newegg. Yeah I live in Crook County and usually drive outside the limits to cheaper tax areas for large purchases.

Core i7-2600k and a Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3 for $439.98. It was just a bit less than $450 shipped which is within the limit I wanted to spend on these. The H67 boards really seamed to stink in general.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.575879

Just remember that you can't run SLI well with that UD3 board since it'll be x16 and x4 mode for the two cards instead of an x8/x8 setup as on the more expensive UD4. The P8P67 Pro and MSI GD boards provide a better split, as well. If you're only planning on single-card for the next while, that's a great deal though :D. I actually would have been tempted by it myself had I seen it... went for a Civ 5 + 2600K + P8P67 Pro combo for $499+13 2-day air ship from TigerDirect myself. If you install any PCI-E x1 cards it makes the x4 (x16 physical) run at x1 mode, killing any SLI/CF.

My reservation got canceled too. Got the same message. I'm pissed! Why they have a reservation option if they not going to honor it. Tried to call the store (Santa Clara, CA), and they disable the phone system. Can't even reach anyone. POS!

Kind of crazy to hear about all the mixed experiences. I figured most of the stores would behave the same. I ordered a 2600k online around 7am this morning for pickup at the Minnesota store.. I live about 5 miles from MC but I was in South Dakota until an hour ago so I had no way to get to MC right away. Luckily they honored all the online reservations and I picked up my CPU about an hour before they were closed. It sounded like they sold out pretty quickly.

Just remember that you can't run SLI well with that UD3 board since it'll be x16 and x4 mode for the two cards instead of an x8/x8 setup as on the more expensive UD4. The P8P67 Pro and MSI GD boards provide a better split, as well. If you're only planning on single-card for the next while, that's a great deal though :D. I actually would have been tempted by it myself had I seen it... went for a Civ 5 + 2600K + P8P67 Pro combo for $499+13 2-day air ship from TigerDirect myself. If you install any PCI-E x1 cards it makes the x4 (x16 physical) run at x1 mode, killing any SLI/CF.

I have a HD 6970 and I don't plan to crossfire for now so I'm good to go. With my limited budget I had the choice of a 2600k or a 2500k with a better board & more memory (16gig).

The LGA 1155 platform has a good chance of being dead in a year when Ivy Bridge is released. So I'm not going to blow a ton of money on it now since I want an Octo-core Ivy Bridge CPU and I'll need a new board for that anyway. I just couldn't keep using a P4 anymore so I jumped now.

My store in Columbus Ohio had several. I was there 10 min after opening and they still had probably 15-20 2500k's and about 10 2600k's plus several in back.

I was the only person in the store at the time looking at the byopc section. They had like 10 associates there waiting to help people though lol.

I went at 12:30 had a lot in stock had no problem picking one up.

One of the managers in the KC store kept saying corporate messed up and made them available for online in-store pick up. Then I heard him say something about how corporate will get the sales instead of them. When they pulled mine out he said forget the in-store pick up ticket and just ring it up.

Guess the plan wasn't to make them available online.

One of the managers in the KC store kept saying corporate messed up and made them available for online in-store pick up. Then I heard him say something about how corporate will get the sales instead of them. When they pulled mine out he said forget the in-store pick up ticket and just ring it up.

Sounds like a cop out to me. The Fairfax, VA store handled all the in-store pickups just fine- I was in and out in 5 minutes.

He could have chosen to honor the in-store pickups but he didn't- that just makes for pissed off customers.

Are you saying he ignored your own in-store pickup ticket and rang it up as a normal in-store purchase, or that he stole someone else's in-store pickup and sold it to you? Because if its the latter that's BS.

Sounds like a cop out to me. The Fairfax, VA store handled all the in-store pickups just fine- I was in and out in 5 minutes.

He could have chosen to honor the in-store pickups but he didn't- that just makes for pissed off customers.

Same for me, Hostile did you get to the store early yesterday??

Back