Metro: Exodus

mmm, one more day can't wait. I'm really hope we'll get more deep technical details on how they were able to optimize the game so well... I remember a couple years ago folx saying (and I agreeing) it would be years and years before fully raytraced AAA gamez and it would require a RTX 4080 to run em, yet here we are in early 2021 with fully RT Metro allegedly doing 40-60fps in a f*ckin 2060. Sounds too good to be tru but we'll all see how it works out tomorrow.

mmm, one more day can't wait. I'm really hope we'll get more deep technical details on how they were able to optimize the game so well... I remember a couple years ago folx saying (and I agreeing) it would be years and years before fully raytraced AAA gamez and it would require a RTX 4080 to run em, yet here we are in early 2021 with fully RT Metro allegedly doing 40-60fps in a f*ckin 2060. Sounds too good to be tru but we'll all see how it works out tomorrow.
For real. Not only are we getting super accurate lighting but at the same time making it easier for developers to quickly light environments on the fly. Digital Foundry goes over this in their video which I recommend if you like to nerd out on that kind of stuff. It seems like a HUGE time saver which makes sense since RTX is doing pretty much all the work from what I saw.

For real. Not only are we getting super accurate lighting but at the same time making it easier for developers to quickly light environments on the fly. Digital Foundry goes over this in their video which I recommend if you like to nerd out on that kind of stuff. It seems like a HUGE time saver which makes sense since RTX is doing pretty much all the work from what I saw.
watching the whole vid now. I skipped right to the Performance section the first time :p

watching the whole vid now. I skipped right to the Performance section the first time :p
Same thing I did. If it ran the exact same or even a little worse I wouldn't even bother replaying. Somehow they made it a night and day difference in some cases but also performs better as well. Also get to experience the DLC's for the first time as well.

I look forward to experiencing this paradigm shift tomorrow. In a way it is a historical moment in game development. I distinctly remember the awe when I moved on from C64 to Amiga and my 9 year old brain thinking this is as good as it can possibly get. Then AGA chipset came in from of Amiga 1200 with 16.7m colors 256 of which could be displayed on screen at once. Back in Europe we made fun of PC users and their overpriced "inferior" hardware. And then Doom came followed by another paradigm shift in the form of Quake placing Amiga into relic category. I still remembered how amazed I was when I got my hands on 3dfx voodoo card. Last time I was super excited about PC graphics was when Crysis came. And now finally over decade of wait after Crysis we finally get to witness fully ray traced lightning. Something that was simply unimaginable a decade or two ago. The same way that today we can't imagine merging into VR world undistinguishable from current reality via brain computer interface. Or perhaps we are in it, reliving most transformative period in human history? In any event, I look forward to this release tomorrow!

Started a new playthrough on ranger difficulty. Just wanted to see how it looked and ran. Running @ 3440x1440p high settings, dlss quality I am hitting damn near 120FPS all the time. Runs like a dream and from what I saw has to be one of the best looking games out today.

Yeah, this new version looks and runs far better than at release. HDR + DLSS finally work, which was a massive problem with the original version. Made it impossible to play with any raytracing on my 2080ti @ 4k. Now I can have both, and it's not the shitty DLSS anyways.

Last edited:
So like...where is it? It's not on the store page and it's not in my library.

So like...where is it? It's not on the store page and it's not in my library.

it's showing up for me with the Epic launcher...it automatically got added to my Library alongside the Standard Edition...not showing up for me on Steam yet

*I have a copy of the game on both Epic and Steam

I wish they could have used some better textures and fixed the janky animations. It seems like many things that move in the distance moves at half the framerate and its ridiculous looking just like the zombies in RE 3 remake. Also the sound is infuriating to me as footsteps and my heartbeat are as loud as the guns.

EDIT: And the damn game reset my settings when I started it back up...

Last edited:
Downloading now. thinking about starting a hardcore ranger start....

Stuff looking like it’s rendering at half the frame rate is due to VRS. If you disable it, it will remove the weird motion blur like effect and reduced animation. However, this does help performance.

Stuff looking like it’s rendering at half the frame rate is due to VRS. If you disable it, it will remove the weird motion blur like effect and reduced animation. However, this does help performance.
I am not using VRS so what I was talking about has nothing to with it. The game is really not all that demanding as I am playing at 1440p on extreme with all ray tracing maxed and DLSS on Quality and my gpu is around 50% utilized at 60 fps with a 2080 ti.

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone is getting odd animations? I keep seeing animations with people that look like slow motion matrix style or something. Just curious if this is just a setting I can change?

Not sure if anyone is getting odd animations? I keep seeing animations with people that look like slow motion matrix style or something. Just curious if this is just a setting I can change?
Yes the game has some random awful janky animations. I really hope they ditch this old engine for their next game if simple things like that cant even be fixed.

I dont have any issues but i read on other forum. That resolution is changing every start of game to 1080P from 1440P. I already test it and i dont have that issue. I have 1440P and every starting of game 1440P stayed. So i am fine?

For some reason the first and sometimes second restart of the game can mess up the graphic settings. After the first two times I haven't had any more issues and it keeps the settings that I set.

For some reason the first and sometimes second restart of the game can mess up the graphic settings. After the first two times I haven't had any more issues and it keeps the settings that I set.
Yeap i checked that double times and every starting of game it keeps the settings that i set :) I am lucky hehe

How is the performance with an AMD 6000 series card? Can it at least run at 60 FPS or more at 4K at Ultra/maxed out settings?

How is the performance with an AMD 6000 series card? Can it at least run at 60 FPS or more at 4K at Ultra/maxed out settings?
Highly doubtful as a 2080ti can’t do 60fps with max settings even with balanced DLSS.

VRS looks like poo, everything blurry and weird ghosting.

Game seems to run fine without it, though. Hard to tell the difference graphically without seeing them side-by-side, but so far it runs and looks good, no crashes but I haven't played very long.

Last edited:
I guess it must be like DLSS 1.0 where it needs some revision to be usable. Right now it has some major issues visually.

Is the Nvidia FPS counter not working for anyone else? Wanted to see the performance difference.

Pretty Good for not having DLSS, played about 2 hours and it is so far very smooth. 6900XT.

Here is the can benchmark, 1440p, Ultra preset. In game it seems to be much faster as a note so far.

MetroBenchUltra1440p.png
With Variable Rate Shading off or at 1x, above was at 2x, it made virtually zero difference. Not sure if working with AMD hardware.

MetroBenchUltra1440p2.png

Last edited:
Well the game certainly looks noticeably better, but it still has many of the same bugs from its predecessor. I'm on the Train now, trying to use the Radio to find a signal while the Commander drones on, but the button it tells me to use doesn't work. No buttons work. I remember this being a problem when I played it at launch. It is designed for a Controller, and without plugging in a Controller the FPS or v-sync or something was preventing it from being useable. I said F* it and logged off.

Played at 4k with DLSS with everything maxed apart from VPR. I had to turn that off and restart the game because it was giving me ghosting that would create trails so long it could smear the entire screen when more than one NPC was moving around. Used a 2080ti and the system in my Sig. Smooth apart from the VPR and 4 year bugs.

Downloading the whole 75GB package again to check out the new effects.

The clunky gameplay got me last time so I didn't play much of it. I'm hoping for a better experience this time around !

Back