Metro: Exodus

It's been that way for awhile now, I'm surprised developers still pay for it.
Doesn't denuvo has it's licensing fee tied to how long it lasts before it's cracked? I seem to remember something like that.

Doesn't denuvo has it's licensing fee tied to how long it lasts before it's cracked? I seem to remember something like that.

No. That was a rumor going around for a while but there doesn't seem to be any truth to it.

Metro Exodus update Feb 21 2019.

DLSS is now sharper with big FPS boost.Almost perfect but it does mess with water in puddles/lakes

4k jpeg click for full size,not sure if they work on this forum
Metro-Exodus-4-K-RT-High-DLSS-Off.jpg

Metro-Exodus-4-K-RT-High-DLSS-On.jpg

Metro-Exodus-4-K-RT-Off-DLSS-Off.jpg

Metro-Exodus-4-K-RT-Off-DLSS-On.jpg

4k png links
Metro Exodus 4K RT High DLSS Off
https://www.easyzoom.com/imageaccess/297e0fa87a6e4297a31ce3f650efb0c5

Metro Exodus 4K RT High DLSS On
https://www.easyzoom.com/imageaccess/05c91a42ad454e62b6e33756182631e2

Metro Exodus 4K RT Off DLSS Off
https://www.easyzoom.com/imageaccess/72f08f07d6b54500bd193a7f43df2125

Metro Exodus 4K RT Off DLSS On
https://www.easyzoom.com/imageaccess/e5903a1d63b34db8a41fce1c4081f624

Last edited:
It's been that way for awhile now, I'm surprised developers still pay for it.
Crackers figured out what made Denuvo unique, basically, and Denuvo have not changed up their game yet in response. Seems like the only thing they have been doing lately is increasing the frequency of checks to the detriment of legitimate user experience.

are players wading though a oil slick now?still needs improvement but, does look better

It's not so much the graphic as it is the framerate.
41 frames off > 54 frames on with no loss in detail.

This is it exactly ,I guess I should just write that in the post lol J/K ,playing 4K with DLSS enabled is very enjoyable and not a blurry mess.

HDR + DLSS is still broke. Wish nvidia would fix it. With the DLSS improvements it's far superior compared to running 60% shader scaling.

Well I certainly can not tell the difference when playing with DLSS on except artifacts on water.
It not perfect yet but it does make a difference and if it catches on ,then it is all bonus.

So I done up screenshot in daytime to show the improvement in FPS with DLSS on/off. Ray tracing is off.

Raw 4K PNG
Metro Exodus 4K jpeg RT Off DLSS Off 48 FPS
Metro-Exodus-4-K-RT-Off-DLSS-Off-48-FPS.jpg

Metro Exodus 4K jpeg RT Off DLSS On 59 FPS
Metro-Exodus-4-K-RT-Off-DLSS-On-59-FPS.jpg

HDR + DLSS is still broke. Wish nvidia would fix it. With the DLSS improvements it's far superior compared to running 60% shader scaling.
It's officially on their issue list with the driver release today, and Manuel on the official forums said that the driver team is investigating.

It's officially on their issue list with the driver release today, and Manuel on the official forums said that the driver team is investigating.

I'm just pissed that it's taking this long for a fix. Between the Apex crash, and this issue, two highly played AAA titles, and they haven't fixed the problems yet.

I'm just pissed that it's taking this long for a fix. Between the Apex crash, and this issue, two highly played AAA titles, and they haven't fixed the problems yet.
I understand the frustration, but I'm sure they're working as hard as they can. Apex is one of the most popular games ever released and Metro Exodus is a showcase title for RTX, but sometimes it's hard to isolate an issue especially with a code base as large as their driver has become.

New Nvidia driver
200494429-Metro Exodus: Random game crashing in DX12 mode

2512505-Metro Exodus colors look over saturated and blown out when DLSS is used together with HDR

So I'm trying to find the Dlss option in the menus. Well duh I now realize there is no Dlss menu option and no Dlss at all for a Titan V. Yeah maybe it was dumb for me to buy the card several months ago just to have the fastest gaming card at that time. Now it's two video cards slower.

But hey the ray tracing in Taiga, Volga, etc looks quite nice. But I need to get the Titan RTX after reading the posts above indicating the goo has been removed from some or many textures. Edit - Ah from reading it seems Dlss is the main reason for blurring of textures in the pre patch. So maybe I'm fine with what I have for gfx detail, but not for fps.

Last edited:
Still pretty undecided on how I feel about this game after finishing the first act. Thus far I see it as a sub-standard FPS with top notch graphics and cool customization of the weapons on the fly, which isn't really innovative as it has been done before plenty of times in survival and now BR games. I almost want to stop playing the game and spend my time elsewhere, but I also don't want to quit too early if the game somehow magically "gets better" - so I'm interested to hear from those that have beaten it already. Funny thing, on Steam, even if I'm not totally into a game, once I'm invested sometimes I stick around for the damn achievements if nothing else (I know, it's stupid - but I also know I'm not the only one) - with this game being via Epic Launcher, even less reason to continue onward.

Still pretty undecided on how I feel about this game after finishing the first act. Thus far I see it as a sub-standard FPS with top notch graphics and cool customization of the weapons on the fly, which isn't really innovative as it has been done before plenty of times in survival and now BR games. I almost want to stop playing the game and spend my time elsewhere, but I also don't want to quit too early if the game somehow magically "gets better" - so I'm interested to hear from those that have beaten it already. Funny thing, on Steam, even if I'm not totally into a game, once I'm invested sometimes I stick around for the damn achievements if nothing else (I know, it's stupid - but I also know I'm not the only one) - with this game being via Epic Launcher, even less reason to continue onward.

I haven't finished it yet. I have just started the forest episode. It might just be me, but i'm really enjoying it. The different locations and weather paterns really add to the atmosphere and I really enjoy the openness of some of the maps. It just adds a point of difference to the first 2 games. Would really love to see there next game or add on pac open it up even more so.

I finished it a couple nights ago. Not all of it was my cup of tea, and I think a couple patches could improve the user experience, but over all I enjoyed the game. It doesnt have the replayability of the first two for me, because I preffer the tighter story & character development of more linear games. Having said that, the train and final area were my favorite parts and I loved the freedom of being able to walk around and talk to everyone. It would have been more fulfilling if I could interact in the dialogue, but I respect why they chose not to go that route. I loved the crafting system and the backpack, but finding upgrades didnt feel as satisfying in this game compared to the first two. Still, the new weapon system is a homerun (reminded me of Crysis) and I hope it makes it into more games.

The game was good, there is no denying that, it just lost too much of its original feel for me. This is entirely an opinion and preference. Nothing I truly hold against the game.

Can not be that short I am 40 Hours and heading to The Dead City which I assume is the last chapter.

Just because your on 40 hours and not done yet, doesn't mean that it's not short. Depends on one's play style. You could be distracted by every little thing while someone else just focuses on what needs to be done. Just comes down to the individual and how they play games, whether it be nothing but the main story, or the completionist gamer.

If you just did the main story it would be over fast. If you actually go around to the different areas on each map, it'll add a lot of play time.

I'm probably too early in the game to form an opinion yet (last save was during the train escape chase) but so far it feels similar to the last two Metro games in a good way. AI seems about the same as in Last Light, though with the ability to put out fires now, stealth seems more do-able. I'm trying to knock the bad guys out instead of shooting them, and mostly being successful!

Performance is fine (30-40fps, 1366x768 resolution on my Samsung 24" TV/monitor) on my potato Radeon R7 250 2GB GDDR3 video card at low settings, though I don't care for the forced TAA anti-aliasing that can't be disabled. I tried disabling it from user.cfg and it makes textures sharp but breaks all the lighting. :(

In GPU-Z I'm observing video RAM usage right around 2GB and game using around 3-4GB of system RAM. Disabling hyper-threading on my old x58 Xeon seems to make the game feel smoother as well.

Very disappointed in all the bugs. I have been working on a 100% play through and have run into one game breaking bug. In the Caspian Sea, there is a mission with Damir (without spoiling) he is stuck and will not give me a boost. I have watched a few youtube videos and read numerous forums discussing the bug. The recommendation from official tech support is to restart the chapter, I guess I am stuck waiting for a patch to fix. I am not interested in replaying the entire chapter. I really wish they had incremental save system, the game is fantastic...this bug in particular is annoying.

If you just did the main story it would be over fast. If you actually go around to the different areas on each map, it'll add a lot of play time.

Like to drag my feet. So l will do alot of exploration and see what I can find. Do this in the tomb raider games looking for back doors.

Very disappointed in all the bugs. I have been working on a 100% play through and have run into one game breaking bug. In the Caspian Sea, there is a mission with Damir (without spoiling) he is stuck and will not give me a boost. I have watched a few youtube videos and read numerous forums discussing the bug. The recommendation from official tech support is to restart the chapter, I guess I am stuck waiting for a patch to fix. I am not interested in replaying the entire chapter. I really wish they had incremental save system, the game is fantastic...this bug in particular is annoying.

Yap i mentioned this earlier in this thread. The only thing you can do is go back to a quick save before you went in with him. If you didnt you have to restart the whole fucking chapter (which I did). It is a known game breaking bug and no way to fix it.

Just because your on 40 hours and not done yet, doesn't mean that it's not short. Depends on one's play style. You could be distracted by every little thing while someone else just focuses on what needs to be done. Just comes down to the individual and how they play games, whether it be nothing but the main story, or the completionist gamer.
I have no idea how long the game is as the epic store doesn't even have that statistic. But it kinda felt short. And I explored all the optional locations, so it's not that either.

Yap i mentioned this earlier in this thread. The only thing you can do is go back to a quick save before you went in with him. If you didnt you have to restart the whole fucking chapter (which I did). It is a known game breaking bug and no way to fix it.

Yeah I am just annoyed refusing to play for a few days....as if that will fix something.

I think I've realized why the game felt so flat. It just occurred to me that the monsters in the game, aren't scary at all. They are too inept, and the AI is too dumb to make them even remotely threatening. Because really, what's the worst that can happen, they hit you, and then you have to use a medkit, which then you have to replace by crafting a new one, which takes resources, resources better used as ammo. So it's a giant streak of inconvenience when you get hit by an enemy, but it's no way scary. They are more annoying than anything else. You're not afraid of them just inconvenienced by their presence. After the Volga level I never even jumped when encountering enemies, just thought not this again, leave me alone.

I think I've realized why the game felt so flat. It just occurred to me that the monsters in the game, aren't scary at all. They are too inept, and the AI is too dumb to make them even remotely threatening. Because really, what's the worst that can happen, they hit you, and then you have to use a medkit, which then you have to replace by crafting a new one, which takes resources, resources better used as ammo. So it's a giant streak of inconvenience when you get hit by an enemy, but it's no way scary. They are more annoying than anything else. You're not afraid of them just inconvenienced by their presence. After the Volga level I never even jumped when encountering enemies, just thought not this again, leave me alone.

Pretty much. I'm at the end of Caspian Sea currently, and I feel the same way. The only thing that will get me through the rest of this game is not having anything else better to play at this point in time.

I don't think it was ever offered physical format in the US market.

Back