- Joined
- Sep 7, 2004
- Messages
- 4,961
The fact that there is no ambient occlusion in the game at all (clearly to make raytracing look even better) is appaling. Ambient Occlusion has only been a standard feature in games since 2007.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Jim didn't like it.
I was trying the exact same thing ,I failed also knocking everything out on the 1 big map where you get to roam free or it could be I just suck.I am sure the local Metro Exodus troll will chime in and say how your doing it wrong.the early parts before you get on the train seems impossible to knock out all the enemies...you either have to kill all of them or just sneak your way through or knock out a select few without alerting anyone...I tried to knock out every enemy but it seems really difficult
Hm, how about the bit where you immediately jumped to the conclusion, that my criticism is not valid because the game is not for me? By that definition no game should be criticized because if you don't like something about it then it is "not for you". I know those weren't the exact words you used, but that is the implied meaning isn't it?
Is anyone else at the part where you have to unlock the train car? Is it me or is that place confusing to navigate. Probably because it's so dark.
Somehow I found the train car, then what? By blind luck I opened the big door the train leads out of. Do I have to go back to the train and steer it out myself? Because I can't find my way back to the train car. I suck lol, I need help. Or a GPS.
You’ve done it out of order if you didn’t get the train engine you control yourself first. Look at your map, it marks where you need to be going for the main story stuff.
Nothing wrong with doing it out of order, but you need an engine to move a train car.
I'm now about 4 or 5 hours in (don't know exactly cause epic doesn't care to share any such statistics), so am I still in the intro?The only person who jumped to conclusions was yourself. We were simply pointing out that your statement that the game is a corridor shooter is wrong, and it was obvious you hadn’t played past the intro.
If you don’t like the game that’s fine, but the game isn’t a corridor shooter.
I'm now about 4 or 5 hours in (don't know exactly cause epic doesn't care to share any such statistics), so am I still in the intro?
I'm now about 4 or 5 hours in (don't know exactly cause epic doesn't care to share any such statistics), so am I still in the intro?
Hm, how about the bit where you immediately jumped to the conclusion, that my criticism is not valid because the game is not for me? By that definition no game should be criticized because if you don't like something about it then it is "not for you". I know those weren't the exact words you used, but that is the implied meaning isn't it?
I said it was a corridor shooter. Then you said no it wasn't just the intro. Then I said that this is the longest intro to a game I've ever seen. And actually the first open area is the desert, which is quite far ahead in the game, 8th chapter I think it was. So it's only mostly a corridor shooter up till nowWell, no. We seem to be on different wavelengths.
You mentioned the intro felt like the longest intro ever, and I agreed with you pointing out Previewers had commented on it also. You mentioned the game felt slow to you, that you prefered the pace of New Dawn (at least that's how I interpreted it), which I acknoledged not everyone is into. I even concluded with "we like what we like". It was about the least criticising / judgemental intended post I could write.
I said it was a corridor shooter. Then you said no it wasn't just the intro. Then I said that this is the longest intro to a game I've ever seen. And actually the first open area is the desert, which is quite far ahead in the game, 8th chapter I think it was. So it's only mostly a corridor shooter up till now![]()
Just to give a heads up to people. There is a GAME BREAKING bug on the Oasis part of the mission with Damir....I cannot move forward in the story. The only response right now from the devs is to restart the chapter. I am sorry but I am not going to restart 5-6 hours of gameplay.
This is not acceptable. I cannot believe they left this in the game. I am not the only one who has reported this bug. Some people have got the game to move forward.
Either way....pathetic....Great game but come the fuck on!
Shit, I'm almost up to that part myself. I'm taking my time with this game, just really enjoying the whole environment. I really hope i don't get that bug. Is there anything you do that makes it happen, or is it random.
From what I read no. My suggestion to you is to keep a quick save right before you enter that area. That way you arent fucked from even exploring? I tried to get out of the oasis but the game is blocking me with invisible walls.
Thanks man. I will do that. Hopefully thegame devs can patch it for you.
It's not about being in the open vs being in a building, it's about moving freely, and your movement is anything but free there. On one side there is water, on the other side a line of trees or a wall, or a building preventing you from going "off-track" and every building there has a single access point, and once inside it's linear, you go in one door, clear it out all the way and come out on another door. That's the very definition of a corridor shooter. Being in a building doesn't mean the game automatically has to turn into a corridor shooter. But so far every building or so called sub area in the game was fully linear, with one entry point and one exit.The first open area is not the desert. It's the winter land with the fish people. If you consider that to be a corridor shooter, i'm sorry, but you're just outright wrong. It's literally an open area with a bunch of areas that you don't even have to visit if you don't want to. Maybe you didn't understand that the entire area could be explored, and you were only following the quest markers? Even then, even if you only visited the main quest locations you were still outside traveling around.
Sure, it's not Skyrim big, or GTA big, but it's a fairly large sized open area with a number of secondary areas that you don't even have to look at if you don't want to. The only part that is a 'corridor shooter' in this area is whenever you go inside a building, but you know - You're inside of a building. So you shoot in corridors in that portion.
I said it was a corridor shooter. Then you said no it wasn't just the intro. Then I said that this is the longest intro to a game I've ever seen. And actually the first open area is the desert, which is quite far ahead in the game, 8th chapter I think it was. So it's only mostly a corridor shooter up till now![]()
It's not about being in the open vs being in a building, it's about moving freely, and your movement is anything but free there. On one side there is water, on the other side a line of trees or a wall, or a building preventing you from going "off-track" and every building there has a single access point, and once inside it's linear, you go in one door, clear it out all the way and come out on another door. That's the very definition of a corridor shooter. Being in a building doesn't mean the game automatically has to turn into a corridor shooter. But so far every building or so called sub area in the game was fully linear, with one entry point and one exit.
A truly open game would allow you to find your own way into the goal area scouting around it, and approaching it from alternative routes. There is none of that here. Even in the desert, once you get to the lighthouse for example, there is a single point of entry, you're funneled trough. So really it is a mix of a corridor shooter / open world at that point.
So the game is about 90% corridor shooter and 10% open. I don't know why are you trying to insist that it's not a corridor shooter when it clearly is.
Looks like from a User Review perspective the game got shit on, pretty hard. Came to check out what people were saying about it here, STALKER LITE with game crashing bugs and EPIC failure store. Definitely not upset that I passed on it for now - sounds like it'll be worth the wait to the 2020 Steam bargin bin.
Looks like from a User Review perspective the game got shit on, pretty hard. Came to check out what people were saying about it here, STALKER LITE with game crashing bugs and EPIC failure store. Definitely not upset that I passed on it for now - sounds like it'll be worth the wait to the 2020 Steam bargin bin.
Problem with user reviews is everyone is going to shit on it because it's not on steam. Otherwise the game great, some bugs for sure....even game breaking but the game is fantastic. If you want to believe the Steam Horde who will knock a game regardless, by all means believe them!
The bugs will get ironed out in time. Not being open world would make me wait until the game is super cheap. I love open worlds.The funny thing is, reading through the Metacritic user reviews, more people are talking about the game hanging up, being not open world like they thought it would be, horrid voice acting, lack of features like windowed modes etc - just seems like a shaky launch overall - not surprising, I'm not much of a pre-order or Day 1 purchaser these days regardless of the Epic store thing
The funny thing is, reading through the Metacritic user reviews, more people are talking about the game hanging up, being not open world like they thought it would be, horrid voice acting, lack of features like windowed modes etc - just seems like a shaky launch overall - not surprising, I'm not much of a pre-order or Day 1 purchaser these days regardless of the Epic store thing
The bugs will get ironed out in time. Not being open world would make me wait until the game is super cheap. I love open worlds.
You play this game for the story. And i think the voice acting is great!