Metro: Exodus

I can't wait! Need play Metro series again, Hopefully Pc rig be ready i7 5820 @ 4.6ghz No HT, and GTX 1080ti, It'll be amazing playing on 1440p for first time! :D

Played both Redux games on max settings at 4k on my 3770 @ 4.3Ghz with 2 980Ti's. I'm guessing youll have a smooth experience. Well worth the replay too, both games shine in their Redux versions.

I have the Redux versions but never played them, I might need to run through those before Exodus. I think I got them in a bundle or sale at one point and intended on playing them eventually.

I always played the original versions because I never uninstalled them, I still use Last Light benchmark for testing.

I just finished my replay of Metro 2033 Redux (Survival Mode)...the 4A engine deserves to be in the discussion of best gaming engines...it does have some weird bugs but overall the game is incredible...the atmosphere and immersion are second to none...enemy design is also excellent...one of the best single player fps games...now on to Last Light Redux...both games are fairly short even if you explore everything so it's easy to replay them before Exodus comes out

Haven't seen this posted yet:

I loved the weapons in the first 2 games, they were both familiar and unique. The crafting system looks like a wonderful upgrade and one of the things I'm looking forward to most.

This actually looks pretty good. I never played the other ones. When does this come out, next month? Hopefully before Div 2. I may buy this.

This actually looks pretty good. I never played the other ones. When does this come out, next month? Hopefully before Div 2. I may buy this.
Comes out February 15, a whole month before The Division 2.

you should play Metro 2033 Redux and Metro Last Light...great games with amazing atmosphere...graphics are pretty impressive as well

Metro Exodus system requirements

http://metrothegame.com/assets/Blog-Posts/metroexoduspcspecs-jan18.jpg

some beefy requirements but I expect no less from a Metro game...they always push hardware to the extreme but offer up some gorgeous visuals...

Minimum

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 or equivalent
  • RAM: 8GB
  • GPU: GeForce GTX 670 | GeForce GTX 1050 | AMD Radeon HD 7870
  • VRAM: 2 GB
  • Direct X: 11 |12
Recommended
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K or equivalent
  • RAM: 8GB
  • GPU: GeForce GTX 1070 | GeForce RTX 2060 | AMD RX Vega 56
  • VRAM : 8 GB
  • Direct X : 12
High
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K or equivalent
  • RAM: 16GB
  • GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | GeForce RTX 2070 | AMD RX Vega 64
  • VRAM: 8 GB
  • Direct X: 12
Extreme
  • CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K or equivalent
  • RAM: 16GB
  • GPU: GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • VRAM: 11 GB
  • Direct X: 12

I like how the cpu req goes from 4770K to 9900K all at 60fps.
And apparently ryzen wont run this game at all... :p

I like how the cpu req goes from 4770K to 9900K all at 60fps.
And apparently ryzen wont run this game at all... :p

Makes ya wonder who threw money at the developer!.....Either way I will play this either way. Hasn't been a metro I didnt preorder.

Makes ya wonder who threw money at the developer!.....Either way I will play this either way. Hasn't been a metro I didnt preorder.

Well they were a part of Nvidia's Ray Tracing video, plus released their own, so you know the answer to that question, lol.

Well they were a part of Nvidia's Ray Tracing video, plus released their own, so you know the answer to that question, lol.

It's not like AMD had the hardware to support the feature ;)

[and Metro's implementation shows quite a bit more promise]

It's not like AMD had the hardware to support the feature ;)

[and Metro's implementation shows quite a bit more promise]

Agreed. Though NAVI is rumored to support it in next gen consoles, I have not seen it confirmed for Ryzen 7 as yet (and doubt we will). Not the end of the world anyway, just means better AMD driver support will be 2-4 weeks late of game launch.

will Metro Exodus even have RT support on Day 1?...this seems like the flagship RT title (or was it Battlefield 5?)...Shadow of the Tomb Raider is a few months old and still no RT patch...something tells me with or without RT no GPU is going to be able to max this out at 1440p or 4K

will Metro Exodus even have RT support on Day 1?...this seems like the flagship RT title (or was it Battlefield 5?)...Shadow of the Tomb Raider is a few months old and still no RT patch...something tells me with or without RT no GPU is going to be able to max this out at 1440p or 4K

I don't think they've confirmed one way or the other, but I highly doubt it. I imagine they will get through the initial launch bugs, driver updates, etc and then polish up RT and release it with some accompanying Nvidia marketing hype.

Deep Silver is pulling Metro Exodus from Steam, makes it Epic store exclusive

Metro Exodus will release "solely" on the Epic Games Store when it launches on February 15, Epic and publisher Deep Silver have revealed today...if you have already preordered the game on Steam, you'll get to play it on there...Epic's exact words on that subject are that "any customer with an outstanding preorder for Metro Exodus on PC through any digital retailer will receive their game as expected."...

https://www.pcgamer.com/metro-exodu...c-store-but-steam-preorders-will-be-honoured/

Deep Silver is pulling Metro Exodus from Steam, makes it Epic store exclusive

Metro Exodus will release "solely" on the Epic Games Store when it launches on February 15, Epic and publisher Deep Silver have revealed today...if you have already preordered the game on Steam, you'll get to play it on there...Epic's exact words on that subject are that "any customer with an outstanding preorder for Metro Exodus on PC through any digital retailer will receive their game as expected."...

https://www.pcgamer.com/metro-exodu...c-store-but-steam-preorders-will-be-honoured/
Damn, I was really looking forward to this game, too. I guess Deep Silver doesn't want my money.

Damn, I was really looking forward to this game, too. I guess Deep Silver doesn't want my money.

Valve put a message on the store page that the game will be available on Steam for the next few hours before it is pulled...so if you really need to play it on Steam you have to act fast...

God that is some bs. Refuse to pre-order, and I don't want yet another launcher. Hopefully CDkeys etc has Steam keys for cheap later.

Ugh. I would prefer this on Steam but I'm not going to pre-order, sooo....I guess I won't be buying this one any time soon.

They said this is a 1-year exclusive. It will be coming back to Steam on February 14, 2020. Too bad I'll have moved on by then. Maybe I'll buy it for $20 at that point.

the Epic store is selling the game for $10 cheaper ($49.99) as some kind of additional incentive...I'd prefer Steam but honestly don't mind...I installed the Epic launcher when they were giving away What Remains of Edith Finch...played fine although the launcher is not as refined as some of the other ones who have been around longer

The days of a single launcher are over. You guys know this. Steam is taking too much of a cut.

Metro Exodus is now the Top Seller on Steam lol...everyone is rushing to grab it on Steam today :D

The days of a single launcher are over. You guys know this. Steam is taking too much of a cut.

It really never should have been a thing in the first place, but people are just too damn lazy to care about things like competition being good for the industry. Epic's store needs A LOT of work, but I'm glad someone has the balls and the financial ability to kick Valve in the shins. I'd rather they weren't throwing money at companies for exclusives at the last minute however.

They said this is a 1-year exclusive. It will be coming back to Steam on February 14, 2020. Too bad I'll have moved on by then. Maybe I'll buy it for $20 at that point.
That's cool, I'm a patient mofo with a good backlog.

Maybe grab a 2180 Ti that might max it out at 4k by then too. Guess I better start saving now.

so people would rather boycott the game entirely rather then buy it cheaper from a store that gives a higher cut to developers?...makes no sense
If they kept on Steam I may have actually considered buying it from Epic due to the cheaper price, but I am not going to support these anti-competitive practices. I've stated many a time that gaming would be one of the easiest hobbies for me to give up. I'm sure there are others who feel the same way, so the industry needs to be careful.

If they kept on Steam I may have actually considered buying it from Epic due to the cheaper price, but I am not going to support these anti-competitive practices. I've stated many a time that gaming would be one of the easiest hobbies for me to give up. I'm sure there are others who feel the same way, so the industry needs to be careful.

Yeah, if they released on both platforms simultaneously...cool, no issue with that.

While I agree with you in that they should have kept it on both stores with a higher price for Steam I don't see how this is noncompetitive. Wouldn't that make Valve, EA, Nintendo & Sony anti competitive? They all do the same thing. What about third party developers that sell exclusively on Steam and not on Origin? Is that anti competitive? Offering a better deal and gaining a customer (Deep Silver) isn't exactly anti competitive; its really the opposite of it. If anything, having Epic and Valve agree to keep their cut at an equal amount would essentially be collusion and create a duopoly. That would be anti competitive.

I expect this to become more common going forward. Valve simply offers a worse deal. All the paid emoticons, trading cards and "Steam level" in the world won't keep anyone on the platform. The games are what keeps people there, and when developers/publishers find a better deal they'll leave. Time for Valve to wake up, readjust their priorities and maybe put out some high quality games again to make a profit. Because a 20-30% cut in the short to mid term isn't going to be sustainable.

so if it was on Steam alone that would not be anti-competitive?...Steam taking a 30% cut is a good thing?...I think people saying that yeah I would have bought the game if it was on both platforms are just using that as an excuse

EDIT: Flogger beat me to it and said it better

I bought it on Steam today, not quite ready to start buying on Epic store. At least I can refund it on Steam without issue if it is garbage on release.

I bought it on Steam today, not quite ready to start buying on Epic store. At least I can refund it on Steam without issue if it is garbage on release.

the Epic Games Store updated its refund policy...now, just like on Steam, you can return a game for any reason within 14 days of purchase, providing you’ve played it for less than two hours in total...

the Epic Games Store updated its refund policy...now, just like on Steam, you can return a game for any reason within 14 days of purchase, providing you’ve played it for less than two hours in total...

Yea I'll look into the Epic store eventually since every gamer on PC will have to at one point if they keep getting good exclusives, I just bought it today mainly for convenience of not having to setup a Epic store account and getting 2FA and everything else set up. Don't get me wrong I have no issue with more stores, I have accounts on Origin, Uplay, Blizzard, GoG and Steam. Just didn't feel like setting up another account right now. I'm kind of irritated that Deep Silver would make the game a "store exclusive". Since it will be sold at every store for console players where they usually buy their games I'm sure.

Back