Max Payne 3 -- When Rockstar 'pushes the envelope'

lol that could be the case.
Although Ill the strip clubs I been too they had nice big boobs, fake and real.

You've never been to strip clubs in South America then, or most of Europe. Boobs are much more overdone in the U.S., so a lot of people expect it to be the norm everywhere else. Not really true. Especially in impoverished areas.

I'm not trolling I'm just saying my opinion.
In my opinion you can't say that a game has wonderful graphics if there are games that raised the bars with cheaper hardware requirements.

If you say that a game has wonderful graphics you need to compare the game with the best games available, the best games available are The Witcher 2, Crysis 2 + DX11 + texture patch, Battlefield 3. This game raised the bars.
If you compare max payne 3 with those games you have the feel that you are comparing a modern game with a game made some years ago with the addiction that this games runs more and more smoothly on smaller hardware.
Technically talking this games worth a cent, since I don't played the game yet the technical aspect is the only one I can judge till now.
Probably this game will be my favourite one, probably I will enjoy it more than other games, graphics are not all in a game this is sure, but technically speaking this games worth a cent.

I don't know if english is a second language or if you are just really young and/or naive with terrible grammar. If I had to guess I would say you are a younger kid who doesn't know the history of video games in general. Your posts are either trolling or you seriously subscribe to the thinking that amazing graphics == awesome game. This is the same craptastic thinking that most of the mouth breathing population has about things in general. Nobody cares about a story, or characters, or gameplay, or a simple FUN concept. Everyone only cares about flash and glitter and shiny things.

If your line of thinking is correct - nobody would still have fun firing up their original NES system to play some Super Mario Brothers. Who knew that 1048576 bits of code could provide endless years of entertainment.

You've never been to strip clubs in South America then, or most of Europe. Boobs are much more overdone in the U.S., so a lot of people expect it to be the norm everywhere else. Not really true. Especially in impoverished areas.

Actually I have been to ones in europe. They had nice boobs.
US is not the only place theres plastic surgery. And besides not all of them were fake.

Well that was satisfying. Time to collect every golden gun.

This is the one annoyance I have with the game. This artificial prod in your ass to keep moving forward or Max dies or you "fail." If I want to skulk around the levels I'm in the game shouldn't care. More than once I was trying to find some of those guns and my time ran out. I think that's lame. Is there a workaround for that?

^ the only time you can't explore around every level without it telling you you've failed is the club one where Fabiana is abducted the first time.

Every other level does not have some kind of hidden timer..

^ the only time you can't explore around every level without it telling you you've failed is the club one where Fabiana is abducted the first time.

Ah, ok. :)

I could have sworn it happened to me somewhere else in the game but maybe not...

Ah, ok. :)

I could have sworn it happened to me somewhere else in the game but maybe not...

True, but some levels have not-so-obvious transition points. As in you cross a section and the scene transitions. I probably missed some goodies because of this.
I'm having much more fun not skulking around.

Y3kgB.jpg

Im pretty sure theres plastic surgeons in europe too.

Nobody said there weren't any. I just haven't seen that many well-endowed women while in Europe (I was born in Europe, and have literally been to every country at least once, and still go to Europe twice a year for vacation.) like here. Then again I haven't been to a club in a few years.

I'll be finally picking this game up next week. One thing that sold me on it is that a thread about it eventually progressed to a thread about boobs.

I just thought the whole Favela was a great damn area. I liked the sunny atmosphere, and the crazy Hawaiian shirt.

The rap song that plays at the begining is good. Great music even though I didnt understand anything except what they says about public enemy

Just finished the game...what a thrill and adventure. Great script, storyline, and action! I'm just sad that it had to end...

I just finished it right now, amazing game, almost as good as Max Payne 2.
Only thing I didnt like were the shoot dodge mechanics, in Max Payne 2 shoot dodging didnt waste bullet time bar, in this it wastes too much. They should patch it to use less bullet time. I found myself hitting shift way more often to just go into running bullet time and hardly used shoot dodge.
In the end great story, great acting, great graphics, great bodys on the women, great music.

Any idea how playable it'd be on my dual 6950's (unlocked and OC'd FWIW, so more like stock 6970s) at 5760x1200?

Any idea how playable it'd be on my dual 6950's (unlocked and OC'd FWIW, so more like stock 6970s) at 5760x1200?

When you adjust graphics in game menu theres a little meter for vram usage. Like in GTA 4. Adjust to whatever your setup allows, it should run fine.

They're the 2GB 6950's, I think I read it was borderline on a single GTX 680 at 5760x1200 which is what made me woder...

this game is $29.99 on amazon today ( digital version activates on steam )

I've downloaded the game and the game launches, shows some legal jargon (two screens) and then just goes black. Doesn't launch further than that. Drivers up to date, windows up to date. Thoughts?

I purchased the game on amazon. I clicked the button to get the product key, entered product key into steam and it says my key is invalid.....

I purchased the game on amazon. I clicked the button to get the product key, entered product key into steam and it says my key is invalid.....
There are two download versions. Did you purchase the Steam DRM version? If not you'll need to download it from Amazon.

The key was activatable from Amazon using "Steam DRM" choice.

On my issue earlier: Works fine now. Had to update another 1.5 gb patch of some sort before it worked again.

Oh I see. I guess i picked the wrong one. On the bright side I got to test out the amazon digital service. The download was pretty fast. I took a nap and it's about finished.

I accidentally grabbed the Amazon and not Steam DRM. Oh well it's all sorts of installed and good so far.

Eyefinity FTW. :)

It downloaded pretty quick on 50Mbps :D

I accidentally grabbed the Amazon and not Steam DRM. Oh well it's all sorts of installed and good so far.

you suck - I only have 3Mbps here (stupid AT&T monopoly in my area)

purchased it for 30 this morning at 5am before I went to work -- here I am 21 hours later and I *still* have another 4 hours to go. *le sigh*

Where in the US are you? I think that's the lowest base bandwidth I've heard for broadband up there in a while... I'm always whining about my 5Mbps DSL connection down here in Puerto Rico. Cable's up to 10 or 15MBps I think but I've stuck w/DSL because it's uncapped, the cable co has a pathetic 50GB cap. I'd use most of that just downloading Max Payne 3!

How's it running on your 6950's? I haven't really had the time to put mine to the test today.

How's it running on your 6950's? I haven't really had the time to put mine to the test today.

It's like butter or silk, or whatever descriptive phrase you prefer. Mine are also flashed to 6970 BIOS, those snazzy Sapphire models. :)

Where in the US are you? I think that's the lowest base bandwidth I've heard for broadband up there in a while... I'm always whining about my 5Mbps DSL connection down here in Puerto Rico. Cable's up to 10 or 15MBps I think but I've stuck w/DSL because it's uncapped, the cable co has a pathetic 50GB cap. I'd use most of that just downloading Max Payne 3!

I'm where a disproportionate number of crazy people live... Texas.

The environments and story in this game are very engaging. 7+ hours went by like nothing yesterday. Here I am now, waiting to play again tonight.

Edit: It's so good, I would want my fiancee to watch me play - she would think it's like a movie.

Last edited:
I'm where a disproportionate number of crazy people live... Texas.

I was in the same boat as you with AT&T's slow DSL speeds, but they recently forced me over to Uverse and now the max speed I could get was doubled to 6 Mbps. What what the representative told me, they're looking to do this in more areas so you might have some hope.

Back