Max Payne 3 -- When Rockstar 'pushes the envelope'

Max Payne 2 was one of my all time fav single player games and this is certainly living up to it. THIS GAME IS AWESOME, the graphics even rival BF3, they seem crispier in fact and Im loving the womens bodys tesselation, they look even better then catwoman from AC.
Does seem a little hard though, Im on the nightclub level which pwnz but I keep on dying cause Im running out of ammo.

That was never an issue for me really. The enemies drop tons of ammo/guns as well.

Hrm i want to play this game but I have a hard time swallowing the 60 dollar price tag. Guess I'll wait a few months....

Hrm i want to play this game but I have a hard time swallowing the 60 dollar price tag. Guess I'll wait a few months....

I honestly don't think any game is worth $60 to be honest. Most of my purchases are on a whim. I'd consider it the deal of the year for about $30-40. Nonetheless, it's an incredibly good game.

I had no regrets buying this at full price and I don't say that very often. $30-$40 I'd have cartwheeled in the streets for.

I'd buy it at full price again without hesitation.

I had no regrets buying this at full price and I don't say that very often. $30-$40 I'd have cartwheeled in the streets for.

I'd buy it at full price again without hesitation.

I'm somewhat cheap when it comes to paying for things I'll only use like 3-4 times (haven't touched the game in over a week), so I'm' pretty firm on the "$60 is too much" stance. I mean I still do it from time to time, but not that often, it has to be a pretty big deal when it comes to a game. The only things I don't mind throwing money at are clothes and cars haha. I use them WAY more than once, so it's justifiable. Hm. :eek:

I'm somewhat cheap when it comes to paying for things I'll only use like 3-4 times (haven't touched the game in over a week), so I'm' pretty firm on the "$60 is too much" stance. I mean I still do it from time to time, but not that often, it has to be a pretty big deal when it comes to a game. The only things I don't mind throwing money at are clothes and cars haha. I use them WAY more than once, so it's justifiable. Hm. :eek:

That's some pretty nice hardware in your sig. ;)

Well in that case.... :p

;)

If this game hits 50% during the Steam summer sale I'm going to have a hard time convincing myself not to buy it.

I'm surprised you didn't buy it already. If that thing sees a sale like that this soon that's going to be crazy awesome for a lot of people.

;)

I'm surprised you didn't buy it already. If that thing sees a sale like that this soon that's going to be crazy awesome for a lot of people.

I've thought about it multiple times but considering Crusader Kings 2 and Batman: AC have my attention right now and I just got Europa III I can wait a little bit to see if it goes on sale.

I honestly don't think any game is worth $60 to be honest. Most of my purchases are on a whim. I'd consider it the deal of the year for about $30-40. Nonetheless, it's an incredibly good game.

I was watching my brother play the single player on his 360. Even on his SD shitelevision it looked fairly good for a game running on archaic hardware. I noticed that he was getting his ass handed to him (which pissed him off) which made me think, hmmmm a game that actually challanges us in 2012? THE SKY IS FALLING!

ANYWAY I guess I'll have to see how it runs on my old set up. I only play a few games now days, but my [email protected] with a 8800gts suprisingly plays everything I like at med/high settings @ it's native 16x10 res. Human Revolution played maxed with no aa and 4xaf quite well.

That being said, could I give it a shot with max payne? Worst that will happen is it won't run right?

I've thought about it multiple times but considering Crusader Kings 2 and Batman: AC have my attention right now and I just got Europa III I can wait a little bit to see if it goes on sale.

Oh that's only three games. C'mon. ;)

Hell, there's half a chance that surprise could happen.

I was watching my brother play the single player on his 360. Even on his SD shitelevision it looked fairly good for a game running on archaic hardware. I noticed that he was getting his ass handed to him (which pissed him off) which made me think, hmmmm a game that actually challanges us in 2012? THE SKY IS FALLING! I guess I'll have to see how it runs on my old set up. I only play a few games now days, but my [email protected] with a 8800gts suprisingly plays everything I like at med/high settings @ it's native 16x10 res. Human Revolution played maxed with no aa and 4xaf quite well.

You can run it but it's more demanding on several settings so be warned.

That being said, could I give it a shot with max payne? Worst that will happen is it won't run right?

It'll run for sure. Just go conservative with some of those eye candy settings.

Definitely a healthy challenge in this game! Medium difficulty was plenty for me.

That's some pretty nice hardware in your sig. ;)

Well ;) , that goes back to my argument of using things more than a few times. I use my laptop all day every day, so it's something to throw into the clothes + car pile haha.

I need to wait for a sale, too. Even though I really enjoyed the first 2 games. My cost of living went up $400+ per month.

Heh, not really. Raise + bonus weren't what I was expecting...

Anyway, I'm trying not to spoil any of this game. So far, so good. I've avoided all story spoilers, including youtube and trailers :)

Heh, not really. Raise + bonus weren't what I was expecting...

Anyway, I'm trying not to spoil any of this game. So far, so good. I've avoided all story spoilers, including youtube and trailers :)

You'll enjoy it a lot when the time comes. :)

Damn good game. I was surprised at how long it was. Seemed like it just kept going and going, which is nice. There are some pretty damn hard parts. More than I can remember in any recent game.

I watched the Lazy Gamer play this for 30 minutes in his youtube video and I had to go buy it....it just brought back all those memories of Max Payne 1 and it follows the old gameplay and feel so well.

and a game in 2012 with a HEALTH METER! and items needed to refill it? Gasp! Go rockstar.

Damn good game. I was surprised at how long it was. Seemed like it just kept going and going, which is nice. There are some pretty damn hard parts. More than I can remember in any recent game.

they saied 10 hours, it does not seems so long 10 hours.

That's pretty damn good for a shooter. Ever played Call of Duty?

It's not even close. This game has a hell of a lot more going for it across the boards than COD and north of 10 hours is AWESOME for ANY kind of shooter game.

It's not even close. This game has a hell of a lot more going for it across the boards than COD and north of 10 hours is AWESOME for ANY kind of shooter game.

Can't help but agree here man, it felt JUST long enough. I mean the story had to end at some point, but part of me wishes it had more parts in the middle to make it even longer, but that's only because I really enjoyed the story.

Can't help but agree here man, it felt JUST long enough. I mean the story had to end at some point, but part of me wishes it had more parts in the middle to make it even longer, but that's only because I really enjoyed the story.

Same here.

"Just Long Enough" is a good way to put it. I kept expecting it to end abruptly, but it kept going and ended in a good way.

At the end, is it an option to let Branco live or die?. I didn't click any buttons or anything while the gun was pointed at him, so he lived. Just curious if it's possible to kill him, and what happens then.

Anybody playing the game at 120fps +120hz? What settings did you have to use to get there?

It wont let me max out settings due to video memory usage.
I maxed everything and it said 5 gb of video memory usage and wouldnt let me apply it, I had to lower to 2gb of usage to apply.

"Just Long Enough" is a good way to put it. I kept expecting it to end abruptly, but it kept going and ended in a good way.

At the end, is it an option to let Branco live or die?. I didn't click any buttons or anything while the gun was pointed at him, so he lived. Just curious if it's possible to kill him, and what happens then.

I believe you're referring to Beckett, who was the head of the corrupt cops. Branco was the main rich guy you were protecting, he gets shot (and it's recorded on the security video) by one of Becket's lackeys (the bald weird face looking guy that you end up killing with ceiling tiles/light fixtures...). I'm pretty positive even if you don't shoot him, he still dies, because he's got massive trauma to his entire body from the deflected grenade. I wonder if anyone's shot him, what does Max say?

I believe you're referring to Beckett, who was the head of the corrupt cops. Branco was the main rich guy you were protecting, he gets shot (and it's recorded on the security video) by one of Becket's lackeys (the bald weird face looking guy that you end up killing with ceiling tiles/light fixtures...). I'm pretty positive even if you don't shoot him, he still dies, because he's got massive trauma to his entire body from the deflected grenade. I wonder if anyone's shot him, what does Max say?

Beckett is the cop, which you can kill after the grenade. Victor Branco, brother of the other Branco, is the main bad dude whose plane you blow up. That's the one I'm referring to. I'm curious if you can just kill him instead of letting him live.

Beckett is the cop, which you can kill after the grenade. Victor Branco, brother of the other Branco, is the main bad dude whose plane you blow up. That's the one I'm referring to. I'm curious if you can just kill him instead of letting him live.

I think so. I got an accomplishment for not doing that but I'm all but certain it can be done.

Ah my bad...I was thinking of the good brother for some reason ahah.

That's pretty damn good for a shooter. Ever played Call of Duty?

It seems people have really lowered their expectations of how long a gme should be.

Remember a little game called "Unreal" and how long that lasted? Or maybe "Halflife"?

It seems people have really lowered their expectations of how long a gme should be.

Remember a little game called "Unreal" and how long that lasted? Or maybe "Halflife"?

I guess Ishould have qualified the statement with "in this day and age" or "recent times" or "these days" or some such but I figured everyone pretty much understood that as a given.

Apparently not. :rolleyes:

I don't remember how long Unreal was, but HL1 was only like 8-10 hours as well.

The thing about HL1 is that it had a TON of modding potential, as well as several (actually significantly large) expansion packs.

I don't remember how long Unreal was, but HL1 was only like 8-10 hours as well.

I don't remember either Unreal or either HL game taking me any 20-40 hours or some such. Or any shooter for that matter.

Yeah, what it comes down to is that older games often had more replay value due to modding tools and sizeable expansions. Nowadays, with modding dying off more and more in AAA titles, and overpriced DLC making up the "expansions", there's just not as much bang for your buck when the SP game length is the same (or less) as it was back then.

I don't remember either Unreal or either HL game taking me any 20-40 hours or some such. Or any shooter for that matter.

I wasn't counting hours back in the day, but i would bet it took me many many many hours over many months to finally beat HL1.

Now that game kept on going.

I wasn't counting hours back in the day, but i would bet it took me many many many hours over many months to finally beat HL1.

Now that game kept on going.

I guess you were doing it wrong, because I know that it never took me longer than 15 hours to beat HL1. :D

Back