Mass Effect Legendary Edition

hype is building... they better not fuck up my favorite game series. it should be a home run for the devs but you never know.

i haven't played through the trilogy in like 5 years so it's gonna be just like going back to a favorite book that you haven't read in ages.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition is a little over a week away from release, and, ahead of its arrival, the studio has detailed frame rate and resolution options for all platforms...as revealed in BioWare's latest blog post, players on console will have the option to switch between two separate gameplay modes - Favor Quality and Favor Framerate - at any time

players on PC can play up to 240 fps and supporting refresh rates up to 240 Hz...

https://www.ea.com/games/mass-effec...-edition/performance-details?isLocalized=true
That's really cool for the Console types!

I probably missed this but is there any information on how they're going to handle the different possible Mass Effect 3 endings? I always got the same one which was Normandy crashed on some alien planet..................

You had to go left or right and choose a different color to get a different ending...

hype is building... they better not fuck up my favorite game series. it should be a home run for the devs but you never know.

i haven't played through the trilogy in like 5 years so it's gonna be just like going back to a favorite book that you haven't read in ages.
I haven't played through them since ME3 launched, as I had never played the games until right before 3 came out. I never even replayed 3 after they updated the ending either. I was so annoyed with that ending, Bioware was beyond redemption with it for me.

I probably missed this but is there any information on how they're going to handle the different possible Mass Effect 3 endings? I always got the same one which was Normandy crashed on some alien planet..................
In the original release I think that happened whether you chose R, G, or B. I never played the Extended Cut, so I don't know what that added.

ME3 had a disappointing ending mainly because all the choices you made throughout the earlier games didn't have any real consequences (outside of some scripted dialogue)...I wanted to see the world change in major ways due to my choices...BioWare hyped up the choice aspect throughout so that was the biggest letdown

but overall the series was amazing sci-fi...I was hoping the series would get more appreciated as the years passed (much like the George Lucas prequel series after the recent trilogy was released)

Yeah, the biggest differences in the outcome of three were just changes in 'Effective Military Strength', which didn't really matter after they patched the difficulty down. My First playthrough I needed every single point to get over the last hurdle in the endgame (I don't recall if it was just a stated goal or what). My second playthrough after all the major patches (esp. Extended cut) I had no trouble at all.

gigabit internet: engage!
That's just 1 game! :ROFLMAO:

gb.png

Ended up getting it for $50 from GMG (and no tax, bitches). Pre-loading now.

I almost did the same, but my backlog is massive. I just restarted the entire Kingdom Hearts franchise and when thats over, I'm still only part way through cyberpunk, control, Valhalla, and immortals. I figure I'll just wait for it to hit game pass.

I bought my key through Fanatic. Have to wait for it tomorrow since it seems EA restricts Origin keys (maybe?).

Idk sounds like you are the snowflake being offended by someone's joke.
you know what? i watched that video and immediately though "some sensitive snowflake on the forum is going to see the mention of gay shepard and immediately REEEE and make some dumb diversity or attack helicopter joke" and 20 minutes later i was proven right.

it ain't about being offended by someone's comment, it's about being tired of being right all the goddamn time

They must've went out of their way to find the oddest looking people who play ME games. Plays so hard to the stereotypical "gamer" look. :ROFLMAO:
Indeed. I want to know where they find these people because nobody I know who are hardcore gamers of all ages look and act nothing like this. These videos are always so cringeworthy. You should see the Xbox one after the Series X|S launched.

Indeed. I want to know where they find these people because nobody I know who are hardcore gamers of all ages look and act nothing like this. These videos are always so cringeworthy. You should see the Xbox one after the Series X|S launched.
#1 who said these were "hardcore gamers" and #2, why do the gamers you personally know have to be representative of ALL gamers? some weird logic going on right here.

not that it fucking matters, it's marketing designed to appeal to as many people as possible, not just pro-gamer basement dwellers like us

#1 who said these were "hardcore gamers" and #2, why do the gamers you personally know have to be representative of ALL gamers? some weird logic going on right here.

not that it fucking matters, it's marketing designed to appeal to as many people as possible, not just pro-gamer basement dwellers like us
I never said they were, but my worldview dictates that people like this are rare outside of the social media's own bubble. I also tend to follow nature and avoid animals that exhibit aposematism.

As much as I want to purchase this, I am holding off to see what reviews say. I mean I already own all 3 (Andromeda we don't talk about) with all the DLC.....I really want to see what they changed in ME1. Are the controls better? Is the gameplay better in ME1? What about the inventory and weapons/items etc etc in ME1?

ME2 and ME3 imo were great and don't need too much tweaking.

As much as I want to purchase this, I am holding off to see what reviews say. I mean I already own all 3 (Andromeda we don't talk about) with all the DLC.....I really want to see what they changed in ME1. Are the controls better? Is the gameplay better in ME1? What about the inventory and weapons/items etc etc in ME1?

i will comment with my thoughts as soon as possible after it unlocks tomorrow morning. that being said, i think we already know that inventory and weapons/items are basically identical

Pre-loaded to both my desktop and laptop now I needs to decide which one I want to play on 😜😜😜 see spec in my sig. If you have already played through or don't mind spoilers. there are bunch of videos on Youtube from people that got the console disc early and those that got the press/review PC code. Overall, seems most rate it as a day one buy which they will play ahead of anything else. Even a couple tubers that I follow whom usually does not play this type of game is giving it very favorable reviews. I've played all 3 on original launch and I can't wait to start again.

Desktop:

IMG_8800.jpg

Laptop:

IMG_8797.jpg

Last edited:
They must've went out of their way to find the oddest looking people who play ME games. Plays so hard to the stereotypical "gamer" look. :ROFLMAO:
That video stinks of being thirsty AF. If they wanted to really have gamers who play ME, statistically I think it would mostly be middle-aged women and vanilla-looking dudes.

I had an experience like this last year. We were doing a video to promote a new platform my team had spent the past year developing. Internal comms team wanted to record a working session/ceremony from which they could draw clips. Guidance was to make the session as "true-to-life" as possible, and not mind the cameras and they were "excited to give credit to the team" for all our work. About 10 minutes in, the crew asked half my teammates to leave the room, and replaced them with plants -- embarrassing and disrespectful as hell. All of the plants fit a certain look: under 30 and "diverse" (we already had a very diverse team in gender/background/ethnicity, but I guess we didn't "look" diverse enough for video). These plants had no idea whatsoever what the project or technology was, at the end of the shoot it was me basically talking to myself at a whiteboard.

The game unlocks at 11:00 EDT according to Origin.

ME1 was the only one out of the 3 that received gameplay updates. From the video I have seen the changes to the first game seem to have been subtle and positive. I at least hope there is a way to turn off the aim acceleration in all 3 games since you needed a wrapper to disable it originally.
The Mass Effect Remaster Doesn’t Look Right

Bioware made some visual changes to the first Mass Effect game in the new Legendary Edition that they probably shouldn’t have...

https://www.thewrap.com/the-mass-effect-remaster-doesnt-look-right/
I noticed this while watching the ME1 gameplay. Some faces are really bad, which contrasts with the good changes on others. Right away at the beginning you can see both Pressley and Anderson look like they have had too much plastic surgery, as their skin looks stretched and waxy. On the other hand Kaidan and Jenkins (of all characters) look like they got lots of love, while Chakwas doesn't look that different from the original game. Gameplay looks improved, at least. As I said earlier in the thread I can see myself getting quite annoyed with some of the changes, but I'll still enjoy it again regardless. I still have all my modded original games installed if I get real nerd rage :rage:

Bioware made some visual changes to the first Mass Effect game in the new Legendary Edition that they probably shouldn’t have...

I am hoping the faces can be fixed via patches. Looks unintentional.

As for Feros I agree and already mentioned I didn't like the lighting change. Looks more like an artistic change in terms of lighting/sky than just technical. Other screen shots look fine though, aside from some missing text in the distance in the Citadel. Very minor stuff like that I can gloss over. But Feros just gives a different feel from the looks of it.

this whole article smacks of

I can't wait to start reading from all the "hardcore fans" about how they changed 6 pixels on Liara's face and they upped the lighting levels on the Citadel 3.336% and now the game is totally ruined and only a shadow of the original game's greatness.

Guaran-fucking-teed to hear that crap.

That's just my opinion, please don't be triggered by it.

I can't even get past the main menu for ME1, so that's a good start. Oh well, I should technically be working anyway.

Back