Mass Effect 3 SPOILERS THREAD

yeah they did say that... i just never put much faith in it. I let it go where it took me. Everyone wanting to import Shepards and all that I thought was a waste. You could tell they gave as much choice as they could for subplots, but never really deviated from a main plot.

so you don't care about the plot, in a story driven series, but apparently there is something wrong with others discussing its faults.

this is the problem with crapping on threads you don't want to read, the whole point of the discussion is the fact that the main plot makes zero sense, so why are subplots relevant here? wouldn't it be even easier to craft a reasonable story around these subplots, if they weren't limited with alternates?

let's requote this:
“As Mass Effect 3 is the end of the planned trilogy, the developers are not constrained by the necessity of allowing the story to diverge, yet also continue into the next chapter. This will result in a story that diverges into wildly different conclusions based on the player’s actions in the first two chapters.” – Casey Hudson

“I honestly think the player base is going to be really happy with the way we’ve done it. You had a part in it. Every decision you’ve made will impact how things go. The player’s also the architect of what happens. “Whether you’re happy or angry at the ending, know this: it is an ending. BioWare will not do a “Lost” and leave fans with more questions than answers after finishing the game.” – Mike Gamble

“There are many different endings. We wouldn’t do it any other way. How could you go through all three campaigns playing as your Shepard and then be forced into a bespoke ending that everyone gets? But I can’t say any more than that…” – Mike Gamble

“This story arc is coming to an end with this game. That means the endings can be a lot more different.” – Casey Hudson

“Its not in any way like the traditional game endings, where you can say how many endings there are, or weather you got ending A, B or C.” – Casey Hudson

notice who is shoveling the constant bs. and in addition to halfassing the main plot, they also hardcoded the ending scenes so that you wouldn't be able to get them all without multiplayer. before we restart this ems vs tms discussion, I have tested it up and down with clean versions of the game, and editing war assets through config. no matter what your ems is, even if it's over 9000 you can't get the final "shep lives" scene. can not.

this is easily proven by denying an internet connection to the game, and editing your config to give the final war asset (reaper brain/heart) some absurd value right at the last mission before the final, putting you well over the required minimum. then lock your ems to 50% and the scene will not show, re-enable it to update your war assets to even 51%, and all of a sudden it works.

I couldn't care about a 10 second cutscene, it's the blatant manipulation and give no fucks attitude of the worst pr in the industry they're selling to us that really grinds my gears.

Interesting read JW. Thanks for the link. If true, it's definitely something to consider.

wow at first I thought you linked to a troll post, all the names and references he was using sounded like they were made up on the spot. then scroll down where there is a quote with explanation, and some cross referencing that sounds pretty legit so yea... now we know how it is, or at least have a pretty damn good guess.

- Terminator is a post-ending DLC. It's been in production for months. Javik was
originally from Terminator, but they bumped him up because they felt that ME3's
cast was too small
. Terminator is about the party crash landing on a Prothean
planet on the edge of Sol, and then they have to figure out a way to make contact
with the rest of the system and get off of the planet.

LOL. is this really where they're at now?

playable squadmates - not counting temporary, imports, plot swaps, dlc:
me1 - 6
me2 - 10
me3 - 5 (6 if you import a save where tali lives)

and javik makes 7 so, it doesn't look too bad, but then you got to pay extra for it. leaving javik out was the worst decision they could have made imo, just adds fuel to the fire. crack that whip EA, you guys better ration your code.

I'm not a fan of it and I hope it's fake. Some of the stuff in it doesn't seem that far-fetched, though, so who knows?

The "Mass Shift" thing is pretty ridiculous.

some ones pissed at Bioware HQ and rightly soo and feels like same guy lol
wow if thats trues GG EA for running ANOTHER NEW IP in the ground
will not buy

This is the direction I'm leaning in. The moment he's on the Citadel everything feels way off.

Same. On my initial play through, before ever reading about indoc theories, as I started the Citadel part I kept thinking to myself, "Is this a dream? What's going on here? Something feels wrong." As it progressed and we got to the whole TIM scene I gave up on that thought, but at first it certainly seemed to be a dream.

Honestly, I think they had at some point planned on making that sequence a dream and then either ran out of time or changed their minds. There's too many hints at it to be mere coincidence.

A Reaper-invaded Citadel would've made for some cool missions. Imagine helping C-Sec with their various needs (holding the line, protecting the wounded) with the earlier optional side missions that focused on Citadel security improvements making this section of the game easier or lowering the 'risk' to your crewmates. The final mission could be a push to the Crucible control switch.

wow at first I thought you linked to a troll post, all the names and references he was using sounded like they were made up on the spot. then scroll down where there is a quote with explanation, and some cross referencing that sounds pretty legit so yea... now we know how it is, or at least have a pretty damn good guess.

LOL. is this really where they're at now?

playable squadmates - not counting temporary, imports, plot swaps, dlc:
me1 - 6
me2 - 10
me3 - 5 (6 if you import a save where tali lives)

and javik makes 7 so, it doesn't look too bad, but then you got to pay extra for it. leaving javik out was the worst decision they could have made imo, just adds fuel to the fire. crack that whip EA, you guys better ration your code.

Sort of.

Mass Effect - 6 Squadmates [Tali, Garrus, Liara, Ashley, Kaiden, Wrex]
Mass Effect 2 - 12 Squadmates [Kasumi, Garrus, Tali, Legion, Miranda, Zaeed, Jacob, Jack, Thane, Grunt, Samara / Morinth, Mordin]
Mass Effect 2 - Temporary Squad Members [Dr. Wilson, Liara T'Soni]
Mass Effect 3 - 7 Squad Mates [James Vega, Ashley, Liara, Tali, Garrus, EDI, Javik]
Mass Effect 3 - Temporary Squad Members [Admiral Anderson]

Two ME2 squad mates were DLC, one temporary was DLC and one was in the regular game, but still. there were 12 total.

i posted this over on BSN
then why is this thread still open? why post on twitter and not in this thread and lock it?
makes me think there is some thing to as these are PERSONAL twitter accounts and not Bioware accounts and there for arnt always the view of Bioware or EA
/tinfoil hat
just a thought

see that just seems odd to me
why not lock the thread with Leak is fake /thread locked?
why use mods PERSONAL twitter accounts to say its fake?

also the twitter post site 4chan as the source when it was really redit not 4chan.... like there trying to discredit it by saying it came for a less reputable source

Last edited:
Sort of.

Mass Effect - 6 Squadmates [Tali, Garrus, Liara, Ashley, Kaiden, Wrex]
Mass Effect 2 - 12 Squadmates [Kasumi, Garrus, Tali, Legion, Miranda, Zaeed, Jacob, Jack, Thane, Grunt, Samara / Morinth, Mordin]
Mass Effect 2 - Temporary Squad Members [Dr. Wilson, Liara T'Soni]
Mass Effect 3 - 7 Squad Mates [James Vega, Ashley, Liara, Tali, Garrus, EDI, Javik]
Mass Effect 3 - Temporary Squad Members [Admiral Anderson]

Two ME2 squad mates were DLC, one temporary was DLC and one was in the regular game, but still. there were 12 total.

yes I'm aware of how many actual squadmates there were, but I don't consider them part of the original game. the idea there was to look back at what they're launching standard versions with, not an additional $10, $20, $80, $200 later. there exists no complete version of me2. if you don't own me2, then you can't have 7 chars in me3 (unless download a save and buy the dlc/ce).

if you follow links from the official site, they even go so far as to list a bigass red bullet point calling it "The full version of Mass Effect 2", without any mention of items sold seperately, like kasumi and all the miscellaneous dlc.

i posted this over on BSN

see that just seems odd to me
why not lock the thread with Leak is fake /thread locked?
why use mods PERSONAL twitter accounts to say its fake?

also the twitter post site 4chan as the source when it was really redit not 4chan.... like there trying to discredit it by saying it came for a less reputable source
Come on guys.

We can't harp on them for not responding to our complaints, and then pick apart their responses and then eventually assume the opposite of what they say when they do respond. Trust has to start somewhere.

Come on guys.

We can't harp on them for not responding to our complaints, and then pick apart their responses and then eventually assume the opposite of what they say when they do respond. Trust has to start somewhere.

lost that LOOOONG ago

im not saying i dont trust them but come one why post its fake on TWITTER and blame 4chan?
every other time some thing fake was posted it was declared fake in the thread from a Bioware account and then the thread was locked
why not SOP this time? why point the finger at 4chan when it wasnt?

just some thing is off about that
and its not even the Bioware twitter its the mods PERSONAL twitter accounts...
that doesnt seem odd to you?

There have been legitimate leaks from 4chan in the past.

Also, this leak makes a lot more sense if the illusion/indoctrination/dream stuff isn't true.

Edit: Nvm. Confirmed false. This would have been a new low.

yes I'm aware of how many actual squadmates there were, but I don't consider them part of the original game. the idea there was to look back at what they're launching standard versions with, not an additional $10, $20, $80, $200 later. there exists no complete version of me2. if you don't own me2, then you can't have 7 chars in me3 (unless download a save and buy the dlc/ce). -WTF???

if you follow links from the official site, they even go so far as to list a bigass red bullet point calling it "The full version of Mass Effect 2", without any mention of items sold seperately, like kasumi and all the miscellaneous dlc.

What are you talking about? What does 7 characters in Mass Effect 3 have to do with Mass Effect 2? 6 characters are part of Mass Effect 3. One is a DLC character.

What are you talking about? What does 7 characters in Mass Effect 3 have to do with Mass Effect 2? 6 characters are part of Mass Effect 3. One is a DLC character.

if you don't import a save or tali dies in the previous game, she is replaced by admiral xen as a comm guide only. this is how it works for the standalone version of me3, so you would not be able to use her, that's what I meant. garrus is the one that all players will get unless you import a save where he dies. the distinction I'm trying to make here is the total cost of these 7 characters.

$60 gets you 5 characters
$80 gets you 6 characters
$140 gets you 7 characters (and 2 games obviously, unless you waited for the price drop)

now of course downloaded saves and config mods makes this moot, but not everyone would know to do this, especially their first time around. that's the joke, you actuallly can get all 7 (complete with all missions) through the standard version if you know how to go about it, but for most people, nope.

if you don't import a save or tali dies in the previous game, she is replaced by admiral xen as a comm guide only. this is how it works for the standalone version of me3, so you would not be able to use her, that's what I meant. garrus is the one that all players will get unless you import a save where he dies. the distinction I'm trying to make here is the total cost of these 7 characters.

$60 gets you 5 characters
$80 gets you 6 characters
$140 gets you 7 characters (and 2 games obviously, unless you waited for the price drop)

now of course downloaded saves and config mods makes this moot, but not everyone would know to do this, especially their first time around. that's the joke, you actuallly can get all 7 (complete with all missions) through the standard version if you know how to go about it, but for most people, nope.

Are you sure Tali dies by default in ME3 with no imported save? I find that highly unlikely.

Just some quick digging indicates you are off base: http://segmentnext.com/2012/03/07/mass-effect-3-squad-members-guide-how-to-recruit/ Now if you are talking about the fact that without having imported an ME2 save, there is a good chance she will die, then that would be correct. You will have to choose between the Quarian fleet or the Geth. Legion dies either way. But you can save Tali without importing an ME2 save file. By default no squad members from ME2 die unless they did in your actual save.

Mass Effect works on a point system. If you do a particular mission with a certain outcome you get a total of points. Each mission pertaining to a story arch and choices that go with them adds to that total. If by the time you reach the final decision of a given arc, then you may be railroaded into a particular choice because you lacked the score needed to get through it. Taking Tali's mission on Rannoch as an example, you need to have saved Admiral Korus and you need to have a high enough Paragon / Renegade point total or she can't be saved while saving the Geth. So in order to keep her alive you have to condemn the Geth to die. Without an import, you will start off with zero reputation points. This makes it tough to earn enough for the game's more important decisions. This can really bite you in the ass in MANY instances. One of them being where Ashley holds a gun on Shepard to protect the corrupt Udina from Shepard and Cerberus. You can influence this outcome one of two ways. Either having enough paragon or renegade points to have her stand down and trust you, or by having enough influence with her specifically due to having romanced her. Essentially you get a bonus if Shepard boned her before. So FemShep doesn't have the ability to do this. So it's a simple matter of points. No options aside from that can save her. She will either be gunned down by Shepard or by a squad mate. I've noticed Garrus and EDI are the two most likely to shoot her. From what I can see, Liara will never do it.

The issue is that without having earned points for some situations in previous games, you are at a severe disadvantage with regard to many of the game's scenarios. A fresh ME3 game would most likely result in the Salarian council member being assasinated, no previous romances which change the results of Kaiden / Ashley / Liara romances in ME3. Specifically there are certain conversations which take a different tone if you carry a romance over. They also do not say "I love you" if you haven't romanced them in an earlier game. I don't know if cheating on them in ME2 precludes this particular behavior or not. It would also mean that your spectre status was not upheld in ME2, the Destiny Ascension and the previous Citadel Council are dead and as a result all three of the representatives aside from Udina are replaced with alternates. Admiral Ran also hasn't seen Legion before, so there dialog is different. Legion actually shouldn't be there either. Legion will be replaced by another Geth VI in Legion's body. Project overlord wasn't done so there is a lot of dialog which changes, Liara doesn't reveal she's the Shadow Broker right away, etc. It will also be impossible to cure the genophage without losing Eve. The list of differences goes on and on.

Finally, you start the game at level 1 instead of level 30. That and the lack of paragon / renegade points probably hurts the most. You will not be able to acquire nearly as many war assets without earlier playthroughs. Zaeed, Kasumi, Shiala, the Zhus Hope colonists and many more contribute, but only if your Shepard has dealt with them in the past. For me that's not the worst of it. It is the story that you miss pieces of. An example of this is the revelation of who EDI really is and her tolerance of a renegade Shepard's comments in ME2 make a shit ton more sense if you carry a save file over and remember the earlier game. I played ME2 without an ME1 save and that was enjoyable certainly. But I didn't know what I was missing until I played it with the Genesis DLC where you can make the six most important choices of ME1. Then I actually played Mass Effect 1 and then brought the save file into ME2. I found a much richer rewarding experience playing ME2 knowing what I knew from playing ME1 and being able to see the impact my choices made. Most were subtle to be sure, but some where huge.

Last edited:
It can be fun to see how different choices cross through the trilogy. I started a screwup, space-racist, Earth First femshep. Tore through ME1 this weekend leaving Wrex, the Rachni and the Council dead and Garrus abandoned at the Citadel. Seriously, the game doesn't make you take him into your group, making the ME2 reunion pretty weird. Many a hostage died in this play of ME1. Didn't realize that you could kill both the investigator and the corrupt boss on Noveria, but yeah, they died too.

Going through ME2 now. Changed my import face a bit, and to get a code that imports into ME3. Same facial structure but I figured the new body should look new. Went bald instead of the long femshep hair, and from a tan to pale white skin. Looks bizarre with the renegade cyborg look. Doing loyalty just for the humans. By the time I get to ME3 the universe is screwed. Especially the krogan. I wonder if someone else will let Grunt out of his vat.

It can be fun to see how different choices cross through the trilogy. I started a screwup, space-racist, Earth First femshep. Tore through ME1 this weekend leaving Wrex, the Rachni and the Council dead and Garrus abandoned at the Citadel. Seriously, the game doesn't make you take him into your group, making the ME2 reunion pretty weird. Many a hostage died in this play of ME1. Didn't realize that you could kill both the investigator and the corrupt boss on Noveria, but yeah, they died too.

Going through ME2 now. Changed my import face a bit, and to get a code that imports into ME3. Same facial structure but I figured the new body should look new. Went bald instead of the long femshep hair, and from a tan to pale white skin. Looks bizarre with the renegade cyborg look. Doing loyalty just for the humans. By the time I get to ME3 the universe is screwed. Especially the krogan. I wonder if someone else will let Grunt out of his vat.

As I understand it the dialog with Garrus is different if he wasn't recruited in ME1.

In ME3 the Krogan are most screwed if you have Wreav in charge and didn't keep Maelon's data. Then if you choose to sabotage the genophage cure, then the Krogan are truly screwed. Unfortunately, in order to do this you may be forced to shoot Mordin in the back. That is unless you have enough renegade / paragon points to talk him down. If Eve or Wrex / Eve are alive, you may not be able to talk him down and will have to shoot him to prevent the cure from working. This all depends on how you choose to do it.

I read that Morinth is a Banshee in ME3 if you save her in ME2. Anyone see this? That's kind of messed up.

I read that Morinth is a Banshee in ME3 if you save her in ME2. Anyone see this? That's kind of messed up.

Yeah. If I understood correctly she is nothing special though, just another Banshee that just happens to have a name. Freaky though. I would love to see how she gets captured and turned into Banshee.

This is why I love the ME series. I am going through all 3 again as a femshep goody two shoes. Next will be a guyshep who is a womanizer but does his best to get his "ladies" killed after boning and is evil as shit. :D

She's seen in the assault on Earth in London I believe.

Yeah. If I understood correctly she is nothing special though, just another Banshee that just happens to have a name. Freaky though. I would love to see how she gets captured and turned into Banshee.

Right. She like her sisters probably got caught somewhere the Reapers could indoctrinate her. Just proximity to Reaper indoctrination devices, or a ship like Harbinger is enough. Then it wouldn't take long to alter her physiology into that of a Banshee.

Its no worse than letting Samara shoot herself in the head and then capping her daughter.

I just finished the game after 55 hours and have finally popped in here...after constantly reading about how bad the ending was I was expecting the worst but was surprised to see that I actually liked it...it was open ended and left certain things open to interpretation but it was fine for the most part...the frustrating part for me was that you get 3 main endings (with 16 sub endings) but the 3 main ones have almost identical outcomes and your choices over the course of the series don't play as big a role as I was hoping it would (in regards to the final, final end-game scene)...also the fact that there is no way to get all the sub-endings without playing multiplayer is ridiculous

can someone explain the hate to me?...was it the mostly identical 3 endings or was it something else?...even if the last 5 minutes weren't that great don't people still appreciate the big picture?...so what if your choices throughout the series don't really matter in the last 5 minutes when they matter a lot in the other 150 hours of the previous 2.5 games

I was reading a few posts in the general ME3 thread where they swore they would not replay the series ever again because of the ending of ME3...what?...are you serious?...huge plotlines such as the Krogan genophage, geth vs quarians war, revelations about the Protheans, return of the rachni, Miranda's father backstory, Kasumi's greybox, Cerberus etc were resolved in enormously satisfying ways...major characters die (Mordin, Legion, Thane, Anderson etc), sacrifices are made, characters are redeemed (Mordin)

what more can you possibly ask for?

I just finished the game after 55 hours and have finally popped in here...after constantly reading about how bad the ending was I was expecting the worst but was surprised to see that I actually liked it...it was open ended and left certain things open to interpretation but it was fine for the most part...the frustrating part for me was that you get 3 main endings (with 16 sub endings) but the 3 main ones have almost identical outcomes and your choices over the course of the series don't play as big a role as I was hoping it would (in regards to the final, final end-game scene)...also the fact that there is no way to get all the sub-endings without playing multiplayer is ridiculous

can someone explain the hate to me?...was it the mostly identical 3 endings or was it something else?...even if the last 5 minutes weren't that great don't people still appreciate the big picture?...so what if your choices throughout the series don't really matter in the last 5 minutes when they matter a lot in the other 150 hours of the previous 2.5 games

I was reading a few posts in the general ME3 thread where they swore they would not replay the series ever again because of the ending of ME3...what?...are you serious?...huge plotlines such as the Krogan genophage, geth vs quarians war, revelations about the Protheans, return of the rachni, Miranda's father backstory, Kasumi's greybox, Cerberus etc were resolved in enormously satisfying ways...major characters die (Mordin, Legion, Thane, Anderson etc), sacrifices are made, characters are redeemed (Mordin)

what more can you possibly ask for?

It's been beaten to death in the course of this thread. Just read the posts and you'll find out why we hate it so much.

In a nutshell though, the ending is largely nonsensical the way it's presented and there are tons of plot holes in it. Much of it lends credence to the indoctrination theory concerning the ending. Another factor that bothers many besides the lack of choice (which is a huge issue) is the fact that pretty much the entire galaxy is fucked and it would actually have been left in better shape if Shepard and company abandoned the Normandy and went tribal on some planet in the middle of nowhere. The galaxy is honestly not going to be in good shape without the relays, assuming the galaxy could survive hundreds or thousands of Mass Relays exploding. (The Arrival DLC says it can't.)

Basically everything we did, all our choices are invalidated at the end with the galaxy being no better off for your accomplishments and everyone being fucked over in the end. Pretty much everything about the ending sucks. From the final mission in London all the way to the encounter with the Illusive Man (which is nearly identical to the encounter with Saren in ME1, but far less epic because the bastard just dies) to the choices, and AI starchild thing. It just fucking blows. It's shitty, nonsensical, depressing, full of plot holes and just fucking stupid. Sure individual plotlines were resolved nicely and in satisfying ways just to be invalidated in the end. That's fucking crap.

What more could I ask for?
  • I want my choices to actually impact the ending in a meaningful way.
  • I want an ending that makes fucking sense.
  • I want an ending that provides actual closure to the story.
  • I want an ending which doesn't invalidate the sacrifices made.
  • I want an ending relatively free of plot holes.
  • I want an ending that isn't based on pretentious and vague so called "high science fiction" where thousands of books and stories have gone before. I wanted an ending which was worthy to the story and experience that feels like the end to a space Opera in the vein of Star Wars, not some Aurther C. Clarke or Phillip K. Dick bullshit. That shit is fine on it's own, but isn't where Mass Effect should have gone.
  • I want an ending which allows the story to continue in a satisfying way in another trilogy based around another hero instead of Shepard. As it stands now the universe we'd get wouldn't be likely to resemble this one at all.

Last edited:

It isn't that that big plotlines in the game aren't interesting - it's that at the end of the game, it appears you pretty much destroy the universe and your struggle was for naught. And there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. To me it felt disjointed. And not only were the decisions extremely underwhelming (I didn't want to choose ANY of them, felt like shit either way), the ending gives almost no closure whatsoever about any of the major plotlines you were working on during the series. You don't see what happens to your friends and it appears all of the major achievements you accomplished in ME3 - geth/quarian alliance, curing the genophage, etc, meant jack shit in the end.

I won't even get into the plotholes - such as why people who were charging the beam with you at the end somehow got back on the Normandy and farther out than any other ship in the system and thus is able to outrun the relay explosion...or the fact that relay explosions are supposed to wipe out entire systems...

The ending was bad. :(

Basically everything we did, all our choices are invalidated at the end with the galaxy being no better off for your choices and everyone being fucked over in the end.

The ending was bad. :(

so the last 5 minutes of less-then-ideal choice overrides the abundance of choice in the previous games?...the game did a fantastic job with this...there's no possible way of generating millions of unique gameplay branches based on each individual playthrough but BioWare did an amazing job with it as far as they could

how is everyone fucked over in the end?...Earth can be destroyed or ravaged in the end-game...Earth can also be saved...those are 2 completely separate actions...but regardless my point is that the story was a sci-fi epic regardless of the ending

so the last 5 minutes of less-then-ideal choice overrides the abundance of choice in the previous games?...the game did a fantastic job with this...there's no possible way of generating millions of unique gameplay branches based on each individual playthrough but BioWare did an amazing job with it as far as they could

how is everyone fucked over in the end?...Earth can be destroyed or ravaged in the end-game...Earth can also be saved...those are 2 completely separate actions...but regardless my point is that the story was a sci-fi epic regardless of the ending

Everyone is fucked over because it's all going on in Sheps head. He never made it to the Citadel to even MAKE the red/blue/green choice really.

No matter what choice you make, the Mass Effect relays explode. Per the Arrival DLC, that destroys nearly everything in that system. Even if it didn't, you removed the major links between systems, thus taking back the entire universe centuries and destroying everyones economy. Not to mention stranding the fleets (if by some miracle they survived, which again would be very weird) that came to help Earth.

No matter what choice you make, the Mass Effect relays explode. Per the Arrival DLC, that destroys nearly everything in that system. Even if it didn't, you removed the major links between systems, thus taking back the entire universe centuries and destroying everyones economy. Not to mention stranding the fleets (if by some miracle they survived, which again would be very weird) that came to help Earth.

again I don't think that's true...the ghost child speaking to Shepard specifically mentions the Mass Relays exploding in only one of the choices...the end scene where you see the relays connecting up might have been misleading...I don' think they explode in all scenarios...it can be left up to interpretation

again nobody is touching upon my point about why the last 5 minutes can negate the hundreds of hours that preceded it over 3 games...don't you guys appreciate the big picture or is the ending the only thing that matters

It can if you basically torch it all.

An ending like ME3's makes me ask myself why I bothered playing the series at all in the first place.

It can if you basically torch it all.

An ending like ME3's make me ask myself why I bothered playing the series at all in the first place.

Bingo. This is the number one fucking reason I hate the damned ending. What you did was a waste of time and an excercise in futility.

again I don't think that's true...the ghost child speaking to Shepard specifically mentions the Mass Relays exploding in only one of the choices...the end scene where you see the relays connecting up might have been misleading...I don' think they explode in all scenarios...it can be left up to interpretation

again nobody is touching upon my point about why the last 5 minutes can negate the hundreds of hours that preceded it over 3 games...don't you guys appreciate the big picture or is the ending the only thing that matters

Wrong sir. The starchild AI thing tells Shepard that all of his choices result in the destruction of the relays. I can appreciate the big picture which is the SUCK after your choice is made regardless of that choice. The ending isn't all that matters, but what the fuck is the point in the journey if the ending invalidates that journey?

Wrong sir. The starchild AI thing tells Shepard that all of his choices result in the destruction of the relays

I'm going to replay the ending later today but I could have sworn that the kid said that only 1 of the choices resulted in the relay destruction (the Destroy option)

I think the hate is stemming from the fact that some people don't understand what happened in the end and are assuming things which might not be correct...I think BioWare has stated that they are going to explain the ending sometime in April (after more people finish the game)

I'm sure this was posted here already but if it wasn't you guys should look at the factors that resulted in the 'ending'...
http://www.rarityguide.com/articles...t-3-Endings-Guide---HEAVY-SPOILERS/Page1.html

Back