Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered (PC)

Game looks & runs amazing on my 5900x & 3080ti system with 4k max settings and raytracing set to high and DLSS set to quality. The haptic feedback on the dualsense is amazing as well, bought it for this game and it's the first time i've ever felt such a thing.

I suspect a lot of the performance issues i'm seeing some people complain about have to do with not having enough CPU.

Game looks & runs amazing on my 5900x & 3080ti system with 4k max settings and raytracing set to high and DLSS set to quality. The haptic feedback on the dualsense is amazing as well, bought it for this game and it's the first time i've ever felt such a thing.

I suspect a lot of the performance issues i'm seeing some people complain about have to do with not having enough CPU.

What kind of FPS are you getting? Am 99% going to buy it, but won't get a chance for a while.

What kind of FPS are you getting? Am 99% going to buy it, but won't get a chance for a while.
Basically 60+. It may drop just under 60 infrequently, but with gsync that's basically a non-issue anyways.

Only real complaint of the graphics of this game is that the city generally doesn't have a lot of texture variety. The textures are high quality, but just lots of repeats on the buildings. Somewhat to be expected because of the nature of it being a console port though.

Basically 60+. It may drop just under 60 infrequently, but with gsync that's basically a non-issue anyways.

Only real complaint of the graphics of this game is that the city generally doesn't have a lot of texture variety. The textures are high quality, but just lots of repeats on the buildings. Somewhat to be expected because of the nature of it being a console port though.

Cool, that works. I figure 60fps (give or take) with everything cranked is pretty ideal. Am also kinda curious about the dynamic scaling functionality to try and maintain 120 fps all the time. With some luck I'll be able to snag this in a few hours and give it a go.

Yeah that seems to be the case after browsing a few quick videos. Given the size of the game that is to be expected. But after messing around with The Matrix UE5 demo, you can appreciate how high detailed all of the buildings were. Imagining a future Spider-Man game with environments that detailed. That would be amazing.

Yeah that seems to be the case after browsing a few quick videos. Given the size of the game that is to be expected. But after messing around with The Matrix UE5 demo, you can appreciate how high detailed all of the buildings were. Imagining a future Spider-Man game with environments that detailed. That would be amazing.
/drools like a dog seeing a steak on the grill

Looks like HBAO is broken.

this is why I love Digital Foundry's videos...they don't rush to have their content out on Day 1...they'd rather take the time and wait until the Day 1 patch is released and then test the game...I read a bunch of reviews on Wednesday and not one of them mentioned the HBAO+ issue...overall it sounds like an excellent port by Nixxes (especially if you have a high-end system with at least a 10GB VRAM GPU)...but the HBAO+ issue is disappointing and I'm debating whether to wait for a patch or jump in right away

I've been more patient over the past year or so and have waited to play even the biggest new titles- Horizon Zero Dawn I waited till it was fully patched (CPU/stuttering issues at launch), even as a huge From Software fan I waited 5 months to play Elden Ring (stuttering issues, lack of ray-tracing)...I want my first playthrough to be as good as it can possibly be and I'm fine with waiting...even games I really want to play like God of War, Cyberpunk 2077 and Dying Light 2 I've been holding out till they got multiple patches...that way when a new game comes out I can afford to wait while playing one of the other ones that got multiple patches

I'm debating playing God of War now and waiting on Spider-Man

God of War is essentially fine, it has had at least 6 patches. Game was a resounding "meh" from me. Spider-Man looks to be in a good shape so far, with some minor issues. HZD had a really quick patch cycle. GoW fairly quick. Hopefully the same holds true with Spider-Man.

God of War is essentially fine, it has had at least 6 patches. Game was a resounding "meh" from me. Spider-Man looks to be in a good shape so far, with some minor issues. HZD had a really quick patch cycle. GoW fairly quick. Hopefully the same holds true with Spider-Man.

yeah the issues with Spider-Man are pretty minor for people with a high-end rig...I'm glad I upgraded my system back in 2021- the CPU in particular...games really require a modern CPU nowadays for optimal performance

yeah the issues with Spider-Man are pretty minor for people with a high-end rig...I'm glad I upgraded my system back in 2021- the CPU in particular...games really require a modern CPU nowadays for optimal performance
It's especially visible in minimum framerates. I'm on a 3900x still, not ideal... 3080 10gb from Dec 2020 and 64gb ram. Seeing how much alder lake and raptor lake help the lows is killing me :p.

What? You mean my Athlon x2 is not good enough to run this?!! I been able to run every other AAA game recently released! I hate steam forums so much.

What? You mean my Athlon x2 is not good enough to run this?!! I been able to run every other AAA game recently released! I hate steam forums so much.

it's not that crazy...I was running an i7 980X for 8+ years before I upgraded to Zen 3

Running the game maxed out at 3440x1440 does not end up getting the game to run fully stable at 60fps, but with Gsync I don't even notice when the framerate dips. I can probably push things higher by messing with settings, but as long as I can't feel the dips I'm not too bothered.

On another note: I'm surprised how good it feels to play using a keyboard and mouse. Nixxes did one heck of a good job on the controls.

Dualsense controller for the best vibrations I use VoiceMeeter which can be used with Steam and/or DSX emulation.
So with VoiceMeeter is free and you can adjust vibration strength for just about every sound through dualsense controller from music to footsteps/voices etc.Much better than just straight Steam.

Did a quick guide last week with DSX(free or paid version will work but not needed for spiderman remastered)

Now for my PS5 Dualsense controller I wanted vibration when playing all my PC games along with adaptive triggers for a little more immersion.

The best combination I have found is to use Voicemeeter with DSX over a USB C to USB C cable(USB A to USB C). Both programs are great and I am satisfied with the results.

I start VoiceMeeter first.Then DSX,then mods I have for the PC Game adaptive triggers.

The DualSense uses Quadraphonic (4 channel's) audio inside the controller.

Attach DualSense controller with cable.(USB C to USB C)or(USB A to USB C)
Once installed set speaker fill for controller.
Find system sounds on PC,click more sounds,click speakers wireless controller,properties,enhancements,check mark speaker fill.
Download and install VoiceMeeter
Find system sound volume mixer
Set output device to VoiceMeeter(input device can be set to anything,I set mine to VoiceMeeter)
VoiceMeeter under Hardware out,
Select A1 and check mark speakers wireless controller(any MME/WDM/KS your choice for sound quality)
Select A2 and check mark check your default sound you are using (any MME/WDM/KS your choice for sound quality)
Click on stereo repeat,it should turn blue
Change vibrations add DB+/DB- to any of the 5 fader gain in VoiceMeeter
Then start,install DSX
Click settigs ,controller,under controller audio ,enable Audio Haptics and select VoiceMeeter for default audio
For me I enable Controller audio system and picked internal speaker with 0% volume on slider.

Troubleshoot
Once you have everything set do not unplug controller or may need restart of PC or reset of VoiceMeeter/DSX
If you get no sound ,click on A1/A2 in VoiceMeeter.

vm.jpg

HBAO+ is broken, so I'm currently using SSAO.

Beyond that, I have an RTX 3080 FE with all of the settings maxed at 4K + DLSS Quality, and it looks and runs absolutely beautifully. 60+ FPS easily, super smooth, and very enjoyable.

I bought it this morning and I'm impressed. Lots of polish. No weird hitching or pop-in quirks in the engine-rendered cutscenes, which is kinda unusual for lots of PC games. Am cruising around town with the details cranked and it appears to be a bit above 60fps the whole time. Am also using DLSS Quality and SSAO, which is fine by me. I'm going to try the dynamic 120FPS thing tomorrow. For a "console port" I'll take this every time. I don't really like having to wait around for a few years to get them, but at least Sony's ports have been well done regardless of who did the port.

Not sure why you bothered replying
Wasn't trying to be mean. It just seems odd someone would go through all that work to side-step the built in haptic feedback and replace it with rumble emulation using audio output from the game. It makes sense what you're doing if the game didn't have the support - But it does.

I just want something that makes all that shit work without a cord. It's 2022.

Yeah, if Sony wants to truly get on board with supporting PC gaming they need to swallow their pride and work with Microsoft to make some better drivers.

this is why I love Digital Foundry's videos...they don't rush to have their content out on Day 1...they'd rather take the time and wait until the Day 1 patch is released and then test the game...I read a bunch of reviews on Wednesday and not one of them mentioned the HBAO+ issue...overall it sounds like an excellent port by Nixxes (especially if you have a high-end system with at least a 10GB VRAM GPU)...but the HBAO+ issue is disappointing and I'm debating whether to wait for a patch or jump in right away

I've been more patient over the past year or so and have waited to play even the biggest new titles- Horizon Zero Dawn I waited till it was fully patched (CPU/stuttering issues at launch), even as a huge From Software fan I waited 5 months to play Elden Ring (stuttering issues, lack of ray-tracing)...I want my first playthrough to be as good as it can possibly be and I'm fine with waiting...even games I really want to play like God of War, Cyberpunk 2077 and Dying Light 2 I've been holding out till they got multiple patches...that way when a new game comes out I can afford to wait while playing one of the other ones that got multiple patches

I'm debating playing God of War now and waiting on Spider-Man
I'm the same, don't care about waiting and typically most/all major bugs are fixed by the time I get to playing it.

Am cruising around town with the details cranked and it appears to be a bit above 60fps the whole time...

why not use something like MSI Afterburner and get the actual numbers (frame rate, frame time etc)?...things may appear to be one way but in reality be something else...I always prefer to play natively if possible (but I play at 1440p vs 4K)...DLSS is excellent and in a few games looks better than native but Spider-Man doesn't appear to be one of those games

Last edited:
why not use something like MSI Afterburner and get the actual numbers (frame rate, frame time etc)?...things may appear to be one way but in reality be something else...I always prefer to play natively if possible (but I play at 1440p vs 4K)...DLSS is excellent and in a few games looks better than native but Spider-Man doesn't appear to be one of those games
You aren't getting a consistent over 4k 60fps with raytracing on if you don't have at least DLSS quality enabled in this game. It's just not happening.

Because if it looks and feels good, why stress out over exact numbers? That's a quick way to give yourself OCD. Especially considering DLSS is basically required for RT in most games.

Because if it looks and feels good, why stress out over exact numbers? That's a quick way to give yourself OCD. Especially considering DLSS is basically required for RT in most games.

???...so you don't want to know your actual frame rates or frame times because you don't want to know if you are actually under 60 fps and would rather believe you are getting 60fps??...yes at 4K DLSS is pretty much required...I was referring to my own case at 1440p...which is why I prefer 1440p to 4K for the time being (for gaming...for TV/movies I have my 4K OLED)

Looks like HBAO is broken.

And with Digital Foundries optimized settings even a 6600XT can get a 60fps experience @ 1440p, RT on high and FSR 2.0 Quality mode. With Freesync enable, because there are dips of course.

This game is damn well optimized

???...so you don't want to know your actual frame rates or frame times because you don't want to know if you are actually under 60 fps and would rather believe you are getting 60fps??...yes at 4K DLSS is pretty much required...I was referring to my own case at 1440p...which is why I prefer 1440p to 4K for the time being (for gaming...for TV/movies I have my 4K OLED)

Yup, it's very much an "ignorance is bliss" situation. With a lot of people (including myself in some titles), you get worked up over why you're not getting exactly 60fps and what settings you have to change and what kind of patch updates you want, etc. instead of just playing the game and having fun with it. If the FPS are all over the place or you're very clearly not pulling 60fps, that's one thing. If it looks like 60 or more, I'd honestly rather play and not worry about it. Don't try to stress out over a problem that doesn't exist.

Back