Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered (PC)

Yup, it's very much an "ignorance is bliss" situation. With a lot of people (including myself in some titles), you get worked up over why you're not getting exactly 60fps and what settings you have to change and what kind of patch updates you want, etc. instead of just playing the game and having fun with it. If the FPS are all over the place or you're very clearly not pulling 60fps, that's one thing. If it looks like 60 or more, I'd honestly rather play and not worry about it. Don't try to stress out over a problem that doesn't exist.

I understand what you're saying but you can also look at it the other way...you want to know where any potential issues or bottlenecks exist in your system so that way you can tweak your settings and also know if you need to upgrade your GPU/CPU/RAM/SSD etc...you have a 3090 and 5800X so with DLSS you should be getting 60+ fps (even at 4K)...but it's always good to confirm

I've never had to use DLSS with the ray-tracing games I've played so far- Doom Eternal, Guardians of the Galaxy, Far Cry 6 but I'm at 1440p (I have a ton of RT games in my Library that I will play soon- Dying Light 2, CP2077, Control, Metro Exodus etc)...but I'm sure eventually as games get more resource intensive I will

Last edited:
I understand what you're saying but you can also look at it the other way...you want to know where any potential issues or bottlenecks exist in your system so that way you can tweak your settings and also know if you need to upgrade your GPU/CPU/RAM/SSD etc...you have a 3090 and 5800X so with DLSS you should be getting 60+ fps (even at 4K)...but it's always good to confirm

I've never had to use DLSS with the ray-tracing games I've played so far- Doom Eternal, Guardians of the Galaxy, Far Cry 6 but I'm at 1440p (I have a ton of games in my Library that I will play soon- Dying Light 2, CP2077, Control, Metro Exodus etc)...but I'm sure eventually as games get more resource intensive I will
You shouldn't need DLSS at that resolution. It's really only an issue at 4K.

And I don't need to run a full benchmark to know what my general frame rate is.

Yup, it's very much an "ignorance is bliss" situation. With a lot of people (including myself in some titles), you get worked up over why you're not getting exactly 60fps and what settings you have to change and what kind of patch updates you want, etc. instead of just playing the game and having fun with it. If the FPS are all over the place or you're very clearly not pulling 60fps, that's one thing. If it looks like 60 or more, I'd honestly rather play and not worry about it. Don't try to stress out over a problem that doesn't exist.
This. There was a time in my life where I would have cared about being over 60 FPS always, and as soon as the hardware was unable to maintain that, it was time to upgrade. I'm past that. I'm no longer trying get hardware for framerates. I'm getting it for entertainment. If it drops below 60 from time to time, it's not a big deal. I'm very happy with the fact that I'm getting 60-ish FPS on my 3080 with settings maxed, 4K, and DLSS Quality. It's a treat on my LG CX OLED.

I have enough stuff to worry about at work that I don't have time to worry about this mess at home.

It's a complete non-issue with gsync/freesync now anyways. If you get drops it's not like you're having the thing drop down to maintain vsync like in the past.

It's a complete non-issue with gsync/freesync now anyways. If you get drops it's not like you're having the thing drop down to maintain vsync like in the past.

But I can still see the difference. 60 FPS just looks jittery to me. Even with G Sync on. I like 80 as a minimum for offline games. But 120 is ideal. Occasionally I do have to run games at lower frame rates, like 50-60 if I want to keep the settings up. But I am not happy with it. And I don't play with FPS counters. I can tell when something is around 50-60, so I'll turn on Nvidia's FPS counter to confirm and then try and mess with the settings to find a good FPS/graphic middle ground.

For what it's worth, the dynamic resolution function works fantastically. So much so that I can't really tell much difference in the graphics with or without it. I'm sure I could pause and look carefully, but it's a fast moving game anyway. The slower sections tend to be contained and pull unlimited FPS anyway. It's neat seeing the city sequences at a really, really high FPS. Not sure if it's dependent on your monitor, but it has 7-8 options on my end including 60, 100, and 120fps. I think I'm just going to rock 120 all the time considering how smooth it looks.

I love how this entire thread has been about how the game runs, not if anyone is actually having fun playing it.

I love how this entire thread has been about how the game runs, not if anyone is actually having fun playing it.

I'm enjoying it. It feels a whole lot like the Rocksteady Batman games so far (I'm a few hours in), although combat is a little less auto-pilot.

The game is fun but after a while you'll notice that Insomniac added a ton of things that get super repetitive to keep players busy. The main and side missions are very good but everything else just got old quick for me.

But I can still see the difference. 60 FPS just looks jittery to me. Even with G Sync on. I like 80 as a minimum for offline games. But 120 is ideal. Occasionally I do have to run games at lower frame rates, like 50-60 if I want to keep the settings up. But I am not happy with it. And I don't play with FPS counters. I can tell when something is around 50-60, so I'll turn on Nvidia's FPS counter to confirm and then try and mess with the settings to find a good FPS/graphic middle ground.
I generally do the same. Shoot for consistent 100+ fps. Recently finished Deus Ex MKD and that game still has some performance issues but once I got it in the zone I liked I just ignored the few performance hiccups here and there.

The game is fun but after a while you'll notice that Insomniac added a ton of things that get super repetitive to keep players busy. The main and side missions are very good but everything else just got old quick for me.
Yeah, I’d say I generally prefer Arkham city and knight more than this game. However, the combat in this game is far better. The main missions are the highlight as well. The side content as you said feels very low effort compared to the side quests in the Arkham games.

To me, the Arkham games play almost like a rhythm game. You're basically just hitting buttons with a specific cadence and occasionally hitting the counter or cape buttons when prompted onscreen. You don't even have to be facing the right direction - Batman will automatically track them even if they're like 40 yards away. Here, you at least have to move around a little, face your enemies, and use 4-5 different attacks for different scenarios.

EDIT: I'm mainly referring to City, Origins, and Knight. The first game was actually pretty brilliant with the number of combat scenarios that required actual strategy. After that, they mostly turned into the Killer Instinct of beat-em-ups.

Last edited:
To me, the Arkham games play almost like a rhythm game. You're basically just hitting buttons with a specific cadence and occasionally hitting the counter or cape buttons when prompted onscreen. You don't even have to be facing the right direction - Batman will automatically track them even if they're like 40 yards away. Here, you at least have to move around a little, face your enemies, and use 4-5 different attacks for different scenarios.

EDIT: I'm mainly referring to City, Origins, and Knight. The first game was actually pretty brilliant with the number of combat scenarios that required actual strategy. After that, they mostly turned into the Killer Instinct of beat-em-ups.
It never felt like that, to me. Play on Hard difficulty, or disable the visual warnings in combat. I will say that the lock-on behavior for attacks could sometimes get annoying when you think you're aiming for one enemy, but Batman flies at the one standing next to them. I like how Spider-Man tones down that behavior and allows more freedom.

Steam is really digging this game might have to check it out. Maybe use my CD keys discount.

I am having a lot of fun in it even if it is the 3rd time I have played it. The one thing about this game is it is more of a fun game than dark and brooding kind of game like the Arkham games. If you have never played it before it really feels a lot like playing a Spiderman comic. I use to read those when I was young and the geeky and quick witted joking nature of the character comes out well in the game. The swinging through NYC is just fun and really relaxing. The fights and tasks can be repetitive but enjoyable as so long as you don't do a bunch of the same ones at a time. The gathering of stuff to get tokens is useful for unlocking stuff but is not really necessary unless you really want to, though you most likely will want to in order for things like gadgets to recharge faster, have more ammo/charges, etc... I think the PC version is the definitive version of the game with only one minor difference the PS5 load times were better even when installed on a NVME pci-e 4x drive on PC. Going from outside to inside seems much more seamless on PS5. Nothing in the game is too frustrating, checkpoints are done well so I don't think many will rage quit like some other games (like Returnal from the beginning every time and starting with a stinking pistol ugh). I know it's a good game by one simple metric, every time I play, I lose track of time. Last night I wanted to play a little and that little turned into 3 hours lol.

I moved the game onto my nvme, didn’t improve loading much, but I noticed it helped texture pop a bit compared to a normal ssd.

I am having a lot of fun in it even if it is the 3rd time I have played it. The one thing about this game is it is more of a fun game than dark and brooding kind of game like the Arkham games. If you have never played it before it really feels a lot like playing a Spiderman comic. I use to read those when I was young and the geeky and quick witted joking nature of the character comes out well in the game. The swinging through NYC is just fun and really relaxing. The fights and tasks can be repetitive but enjoyable as so long as you don't do a bunch of the same ones at a time. The gathering of stuff to get tokens is useful for unlocking stuff but is not really necessary unless you really want to, though you most likely will want to in order for things like gadgets to recharge faster, have more ammo/charges, etc... I think the PC version is the definitive version of the game with only one minor difference the PS5 load times were better even when installed on a NVME pci-e 4x drive on PC. Going from outside to inside seems much more seamless on PS5. Nothing in the game is too frustrating, checkpoints are done well so I don't think many will rage quit like some other games (like Returnal from the beginning every time and starting with a stinking pistol ugh). I know it's a good game by one simple metric, every time I play, I lose track of time. Last night I wanted to play a little and that little turned into 3 hours lol.
There is no DirectStorage support in this game, so it would make sense that you're not seeing much of an improvement on load time in the PC version.

It's [H] what did you expect? Gamespot, IGN? And there are comments about the game itself. As someone mentioned above It's been out on playstation for 4-5 years so..
Same thing happed with the Horizon PC thread. A lot of us had already played the game on PS4, so we were more interested in how it was running on PC. I don't remember if it was also ToE in that thread, but somebody also complained about people not talking about the game itself despite the thread in the console subforum.

FWIW, there is also discussion about this game in the console subforum talking about the gameplay. It was almost universally liked, though it's not as long as the Horizon thread.
https://hardforum.com/threads/spider-man-2018.1966342/

Thought I do up spidy rtss animated overlay for fun
1660601469507.png

what's that program you're running at the bottom left and top right corners?
Its is MSI afterburner with RTSS Overlay,They are animated gauges ,I made hundreds of them in paint,downloaded some from the interwebs.
I made a quick read me if interested in making your own.I can post a couple hundred different ones if you want,some good ,some bad.Everyone taste is different
Custom gauges overlay for RTSS overlay editor.Everything is in download zip file.

Simple passive and advanced dynamic animations.Must watch for for quick learning on RTSS overlay editor by Alexey Nicolaychuk (AKA unwinder author of the tools MSI Afterburner/RTSS)

Alexey Nicolaychuk youtube channel for all tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxiprKylFVUB-Zx2CJHc5sg

Download includes

-custom gauges bars,graphs some from scratch some modified from downloads on the internet
-everything in video is in the RTSS overlays
-tool for rezing graphiics
-tool for making sprites/overlay
-gauges use size 128x128 - 384x128
-seperate gauges bars,graphs for making your own overlay,just basically copy and paste once you get the hang of it

How to install and use-If using a 1920x1080 monitor you may have to use VSR/DSR to make your screen at least 2560x1440 to acces all gauges bars,graphs on screen

-extract download where ever you want(desktop)
-you can do custom gauges,bar,graphs,video I inclued some gaues,images,letter to get you started
-you can make the sprite/png images to work in MSI Afterburner/RTSS editor with cyospr spriter tool include in download
-included in download are some gauges and image you can use in the cyospr spriter tool
-open cyospr spriter tool add images of your choice and save under Project-save sprite image as a .png file to work in RTSS overlay editor
-copy/paste the saved .png file you made to the RTSS overlays folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\RivaTuner Statistics Server\Plugins\Client\Overlays

-to use the RTSS overlays
-open RTSS
-click setup
-click plugins
-put checkmark for overlayeditor.dll and double click on overlayeditor.dll
-to use your image you made with cyospr spriter tool
-you have to embed new sprite into overlay layout
-when overlayeditor is open
-click layouts
-click edit
-under embedded image browse for your image you nade with cyospr spriter tool
-you can only use one overlay/sprite.png at a time

In RTSS overlay editor you can import items for on screen display from MSI Afterburner,HWinfo64,Internal Hal.dll,AIDa64,Windows Performance Counter to make your new overlay.
-click data sources
-click edit
-clcik add and pick what you want to use from source

Check this thread for any help if needed
https://forums.guru3d.com/forums/rivatuner-statistics-server-rtss-forum.54/

To those asking if the game is fun... hell yea it's fun. It was fun on PS4. It was even better on PS5 (60 FPS modes). PC version is by far the best (uncapped framerate, even higher settings, full support for PS5 controller, DLSS/FSR support)

The production values on Spider Man, even 4 years later, are unbelievable. It's an open-world movie.

anyone using DLAA?...what's the performance hit?...does the game look noticeably better with it enabled?

Bosses look ok but too much flipping around for me actually afraid to pick it up.

Maybe Sony has finally realized that they can make a lot more money if they ditch consoles all together and go exclusively PC; there's less overhead on the hardware side of things.

Maybe Sony has finally realized that they can make a lot more money if they ditch consoles all together and go exclusively PC; there's less overhead on the hardware side of things.
Nah, they just realize there is more money. They won't ditch the console though. You'd never catch a traditional Japanese company like that getting in a situation where they are dependent on a western company like Microsoft for their primary platform.

Back