Mad Max (2015)

I guess I got lucky...I haven't had any issues that made the game unplayable. Early on, I had a couple glitches but nothing that a game restart didn't fix.

I don't know how common the bugs were, I got about 50 hours in and finished the main story line before the 1st patch, 5 minutes after 1st patch my map broke which made it almost impossible to play.

This patch has fixed it but I don't see me going back to play the game any time soon since I finished the main story and don't really have the motivation to grind through gut gash and pink eye's threat levels (already did Jeet's), maybe in a few months I might go back to it.

Occasional freezes on my end. Very rare physics bug. Aside from that I don't recall any bugs.

The new patch fixed my map problems. Seems to work fine now. Shame it took them so long to fix, it rendered the game pretty much unplayable.

same here. Fixed the map issue I was having.

I have done the Jeet black powder missions and have the ammo factory / table. However my ammo is not refilling when I enter the stronghold.

Anyone else had this issue?

I have done the Jeet black powder missions and have the ammo factory / table. However my ammo is not refilling when I enter the stronghold.

Anyone else had this issue?

There's a delay before you can refill again, not sure how long it takes.

I think it's 20 minutes between stronghold refills. If you need ammo ASAP though, it's pretty easy to stock up - just hit one or two scavenging locations.

What the fuck kind of question is that? It's a game. I'm fucking around. I'm using the shock stick launcher thing to take down convoys and shit.

Is that ok with you?

What the fuck kind of question is that? It's a game. I'm fucking around. I'm using the shock stick launcher thing to take down convoys and shit.

Is that ok with you?

Eventually you can upgrade it to such a level of overpoweredness that you won't need ammo again. ;) Unless you're like me and like seeing things explode. Even then I would just swap back to the grappling hook and snatch off a tire after the shock stick had removed the armor.

Occasional freezes on my end. Very rare physics bug. Aside from that I don't recall any bugs.

I haven't played the newest patched version, but the freezes used to be caused by VSYNC. Disable VSYNC and all of the freezing and hitching disappeared for me. But like I said that was the fix before the newest patches.

The game ran at such a high frame rate that I never got VSYNC tearing. AMD has a frame limiter if you want to limit it to 60 fps. I set mine to 61 as it's done on the fly and sometimes it will dip to 59 if set to 60. Not sure what Nvidia users have as an equivalent.

I haven't played the newest patched version, but the freezes used to be caused by VSYNC. Disable VSYNC and all of the freezing and hitching disappeared for me. But like I said that was the fix before the newest patches.

The game ran at such a high frame rate that I never got VSYNC tearing. AMD has a frame limiter if you want to limit it to 60 fps. I set mine to 61 as it's done on the fly and sometimes it will dip to 59 if set to 60. Not sure what Nvidia users have as an equivalent.

I forget if Precision X / MSI Afterburner could do that. I use Riva Tuner for the OSD stuff, and it has a frame limiter also. If I am aiming for a limit I try for about 72 (144Hz monitor).

You can use Nvidia Inspector to set a framerate cap in the driver.

Just finished the game. 60 hours. Every territory cleared. All upgrades for Max and the car unlocked. Max himself maxed out Griffa wise. Massive spoilers below.

And what the fuck. Ending is fucking horrible. The car I spent 60 hours upgrading - destroyed. The guy who spent 60 hours in the back of said car as my sidekick - dead. Chick with awesome titties - dead. Cute little girl - dead. So everything and everyone that had any meaning killed or destroyed. You literally end the game with exactly the same shit as you started. So all the hours are for nothing. And what happened to Griffa? I maxed out Max early, and Griffa just disappears. No explanation or "Good Job" at all. He's just gone. Why introduce the fucking dude if he serves no purpose? I could have allocated Griffa points via the menu just as easy. The game was fun, but if I'd known the ending was this horrible, I wouldn't have bought it. I hope anyone that hasn't played it and reads this spoiler decides NOT to buy the game. I don't know if I've ever enjoyed a game so much but ended up hating it over the ending. My wife and 7 year old were standing beside me when I beat it. My wife, who doesn't game at all, said "Wow, what a horrible ending". Fuck this game.

I thought the ending was great and very Mad Max. *shrug*

Having Max drive off in the Opus with Chumbucket, the woman and kid to live happily ever after would have been fucking dumb.

Just finished the game. 60 hours. Every territory cleared. All upgrades for Max and the car unlocked. Max himself maxed out Griffa wise. Massive spoilers below.

I can't say I liked the ending, but I never expected a happy ending. And I've had a ton of fun with the game, the last few minutes doesn't take that away.

The only thing I missed from the game, is convoy fights. They all should've been like the one at the end.

The game didn't sell good enough and w/ all the resources in JC3 I think the game is dead at this point for further content.

The game didn't sell good enough and w/ all the resources in JC3 I think the game is dead at this point for further content.

There are roughly 2k more people playing JC3 vs Mad Max at this point in time on steam, that should tell you the story. Whether we get new content or not, who knows, I just wish they would have done NG+, as JC3 is a boring flop in my mind.

I agree, I enjoyed mad max more. The real shame of mad max is if they had just invested a little more time in the game it would have been even better.

IMO the fact that people are asking half a year later if there will be DLC is pretty good indication of the fact that there won't be any DLC.

It hasn't even been out 4 months yet. I suppose it would have been announced by now though. They can easily make a nice DLC campaign though. Solid game with lots of room for improvement to capitalize on.

it's Warner Bros...better no DLC then 10 minute story add-on's (I'm looking at you Arkham Knight)

I just got this game and have been really enjoying it, runs really smooth 120+fps on my rig. The combat is satisfying too, more than Arkham Knight, feels more gritty.

I really enjoyed this game myself. Fun combat and it was just right in terms of length. And the upgrades were obtainable in game without having to replaying the game 3-4 times over like MGSV. Or deal with a cheater infested, broken MP portion. Thankfully Mad Max didn't have an MP mode.

Looks and ran great to.

Went back and finished this recently...wasn't going to necro the thread but someone else did, so... :p

I thought the ending was both disappointing and appropriate, but on the whole I really enjoyed the game.

Yeah, if I had a gripe about the game is that it is pretty grindy.

Also, at least in my game, once you get the V8 the game is basically over. I don't see any reason to go for the rest of the V8 upgrades because by then I had destroyed all of the convoys and done most everything else. To get those last upgrades you have to lower threat to 0 in some regions, which is honestly just a fucking hassle due to the stupid minefields. I really don't know why they put that in the game, it's a boring mechanic and forces you to use the dog/buggy for no reason other than those stupid things.

I had no desire to 100% the game after finishing the main storyline. I guess you could technically finish the main story a decent way before I did, so maybe you'd have more convoys and whatnot to destroy, but once you get the full thunderpoon and harpoon upgrades, destroying vehicles becomes trivial.

Yeah, if I had a gripe about the game is that it is pretty grindy.

Also, at least in my game, once you get the V8 the game is basically over. I don't see any reason to go for the rest of the V8 upgrades because by then I had destroyed all of the convoys and done most everything else. To get those last upgrades you have to lower threat to 0 in some regions, which is honestly just a fucking hassle due to the stupid minefields. I really don't know why they put that in the game, it's a boring mechanic and forces you to use the dog/buggy for no reason other than those stupid things.

I had no desire to 100% the game after finishing the main storyline. I guess you could technically finish the main story a decent way before I did, so maybe you'd have more convoys and whatnot to destroy, but once you get the full thunderpoon and harpoon upgrades, destroying vehicles becomes trivial.

I'm on the last story mission now with 38 hours played, I hate that I'm not at 100% but the game just got ridiculously boring after about 15 hours.

The races are horrible so I'm not doing those. I have 2 camps not 100% because I can't find 1 scrap. After spending 10 additional minutes at each camp I give up. I don't have the desire to go finish up all the minefields but I finished all of the others (scarecrows, sniper towers, convoys, etc.). All strongholds and wasteland missions are complete. All Griffa tokens unlocked

I'm glad I played the game because there was some joy and the graphics are ridiculously good. The rest of it is just tedious including the main story, I skipped all the cinematics because they are just a waste of time.

I have 3 or 4 car upgrades left but don't feel like "grinding" the scrap to finish it

I found it a bit repetitive. You can beat the main story without doing to much the same stuff. Still you need to do some stuff repetitively but not that much.
The thing is that I don't mind repetitive if the game mechanics are fun. And in this case the game mechanics can't be better. At least I saw no flaw with them in Mad Max. And that includes all the challenges, the fighting, and the driving too. The only exception being clearing minefields.

For example I have 60 hours racked up in BeamNG an early access game that has no goals, no campaign and no objectives. But the physics and the mechanics make it endlessly enjoyable. I just spawn some car, give it an AI to flee, and try to hunt it down with another vehicle. And if I crash or even if I succed I start again, and again, and again. It's more fun than one should be allowed to have, and it's repetitive as helll.

I agree with you, M76. Everything in the game was really fun to me, even little things like scavenging locations were fun because they were all a little different and had a lot of flavor and atmosphere to them. Clearing minefields was a major pain in the ass, though.

Just curious....

I just got to the Pink Eye settlement place and my car and max are basically fully upgraded. The only part of the car that is lacking is the engine.

Is this normal? Or was I too much of a completionist on the way lol

Back