Mad Max (2015)

You can make the Ripper look exactly like it is with the right upgrades and modifications.

Personally I'm glad it isn't like the picture, I like the more sleek looking istyle vs the spikes all over the place.

Where is the place to unlock to get the side burners cant find it anywhere on the map help ?

I decided to pick it up on GMG (stupidly... because I forgot how bad the Australian exchange rate is at the moment, cost $52AUD, doh!). Played about 4 hours and I'm enjoying it. I think the combat is fine other than it could maybe use a bit more depth. Same with the driving, it's fine but it'd be nice if the driving model was a bit deeper.

Overall I'm enjoying it though, most games these days I don't even get 4 hours in before I throw in the towel, lol. Disappointed I paid so much for it... but that's just my bad luck, I think $30 would be a decent price.

Played quite a bit last night...there is a LOT to see and do in this game. A bit overwhelming, really. But so far it's been a lot of fun.

This is a nice game. Doesn't reinvent the wheel but does enough things right. I could see it getting that dark horse nod.

Played quite a bit last night...there is a LOT to see and do in this game. A bit overwhelming, really. But so far it's been a lot of fun.

I've found that just focusing on doing specific tasks and ignoring all the other distractions along the way helps. That said there is A LOT of shit to do. I've played 11 hours so far and I'm still cleaning up Jeet's territory. All I've got let now to get the threat down to zero are two convoys and then all but two of the minefields. Then all that'll be left on his section of the map are a bunch of scavenge camps and a handful of the blue encounters.

You can earn Griffa tokens really freaking fast. I've already done enough challenges to unlock all of Max's combat moves, just need 3000-ish scrap to buy them all.

Eight hours into this and I think I might be done with the game. The combat isn't nearly as good as SoM or Batman, and scrap collecting feels really tedious. No story or fun gameplay to keep me strung along, feels very generic. Given what I paid for the game I'm still happy I bought it, but I don't see myself returning to it.

I think 6 is a fair score for the game.

One of the first upgrades I got for the stronghold was the scrap collector that automatically gets the scrap from destroyed cars...HUGE time saver not having to get out of the car every 5 seconds.

One of the first upgrades I got for the stronghold was the scrap collector that automatically gets the scrap from destroyed cars...HUGE time saver not having to get out of the car every 5 seconds.

Damn I need this in my life. :)

Anyone having an issue with the game running at a lower resolution than what the game is set to?

In my settings I have it on:
4096x2160 at 59hz

when i take a screenshot it is 1707x960

The game also appears very blurry.
I checked the games config files, and it is set in there to 4k as well.

any ideas?

Maybe I missed something, but one feature I'd REALLY like is to be able to see how much fuel is in a fuel can before I stick it in my car. More than once I've went to refuel and the can I used had like 5% fuel left in it.

Just bought this game and I'm surprised how well it is optimized, I'm running this game everything on max at 2160p with my setup and getting at least 60FPS or more most of the time, and the VRAM usage is only like 2.5GB which is rather surprising.

Maybe I missed something, but one feature I'd REALLY like is to be able to see how much fuel is in a fuel can before I stick it in my car. More than once I've went to refuel and the can I used had like 5% fuel left in it.

It's weird, sometimes my character will kick the fuel can to see if it's full or not and makes a comment about it, dunno how it works.

It's weird, sometimes my character will kick the fuel can to see if it's full or not and makes a comment about it, dunno how it works.

Max only kicks it if it's empty. Otherwise there is indeed no way to tell how much fuel is in it.

That being said, the fuel usage is so minimal that I've never once gone more than half on a tank of gas. And that's at the start of the game... it doesn't take long before you're spending Griffa tokens and then fuel usage is almost nil.

Max only kicks it if it's empty. Otherwise there is indeed no way to tell how much fuel is in it.

That being said, the fuel usage is so minimal that I've never once gone more than half on a tank of gas. And that's at the start of the game... it doesn't take long before you're spending Griffa tokens and then fuel usage is almost nil.

Not to mention, you can just fast travel back to strongholds and refuel as long as you've built the project for it. Having everything able to be replenished every 10 minutes really takes away any worry about scarce resources.

True, I have been trying to not utilize fast travel that much but I think I need to start because it always seems to start me way back at the stronghold when I load the game.

I think they really should have had a "hardcore" mode, similar to Fallout: NV that makes resources like Water/Food/Fuel more important and makes running out carry harsher consequences.

If you are in the middle of the wasteland and run out of water/fuel it should be a huuuuuge thing, not something simple that you can just pop back for.

I can't put this game down, I'm loving it. The only thing I'm not liking is having to loot every damn piece of scrap I come across.

I think they really should have had a "hardcore" mode, similar to Fallout: NV that makes resources like Water/Food/Fuel more important and makes running out carry harsher consequences.

If you are in the middle of the wasteland and run out of water/fuel it should be a huuuuuge thing, not something simple that you can just pop back for.

That would be awesome, water is already kind of scarce but fuel usage is nil. The only time I ever need fuel is when I grab the spare from the back to blow up a door or something.

Totally agree that a hardcore mode would have been awesome. The game is way too easy as far as food/water/fuel resources go.

I'm not sure if it's related to alt-tabbing or borderless windowed or what, but I keep getting this bug where captions and much of the UI text will just stop showing..like when you pick up scrap, it says nothing but the scrap total icon updates. Very annoying because it also removes the text that updates you on how many scrap/emblems/etc. are left to do in a camp.

After Batman, I was afraid to get WB another chance, but I'm glad I got it. Looks good, on 980 Ti and everything maxed in 1440p I've no issues - and there are decent graphics options to choose.

It is nothing new, just the bunch of well knitted elements of Batman + Assassin's Creed; Black Flag + Far Cry 3/4... but it's well done knitting. It's fun to drive, car/Max customisation is good - though as far as secondary quests are concerned, someone played too much of Ubi games :)

One thing I hate is that Max can't climb everything, the way Talion/Assasins were doing, and sometimes finding the right way, through canyon or the ladder is a pain. I like the healing mechanics, that it doesn't regenerate, but you have to use water or dog's food.

I barely touched the game - just got only the sniper rifle, but there was so many things to do -r aces, camps, scrap, collecting collectibles, and so on. It seems it will be long journey, before I finisz the game, but it's time and money well spent.

I have just over 11 hours playing and it is well worth the $19.00 I spent.

Not to mention, you can just fast travel back to strongholds and refuel as long as you've built the project for it. Having everything able to be replenished every 10 minutes really takes away any worry about scarce resources.

I think they should have at least made fast travel have a penalty. Like use a lot of fuel since you're not stopping along the way and looting things.

I find the collector only works if you destroy the vehicle with someone inside. If I pull them out and then destroy the vehicle, I have to manually pick up the scrap. Maybe it is because I don't have the collector in the area though.

I find the collector only works if you destroy the vehicle with someone inside. If I pull them out and then destroy the vehicle, I have to manually pick up the scrap. Maybe it is because I don't have the collector in the area though.

You need the collector in the different territory strongholds like Jeet, Pink Eye, Gutlash etc.. each one has to be built to get the scrap auto picked up in their respective areas.

Yeah the cleanup crew thing should pick up all scrap if you have it for the area you're in.

The only thing they still won't collect is a one or two random things that can drop scrap, like those "weak hulks" of cars that you can harpoon and pull that break into pieces of scrap, and sometimes sniper towers/scarecrows drop scrap that doesn't get picked up by the crew.

Anyone know why I have no outlines in my stronghold for projects? I have the parts to build an oil rig and I checked on youtube to see where it is in the jeet stronghold but I don't have it in my game. Do I need to progress in the story? I've only done the first few story missions.

Anyone know why I have no outlines in my stronghold for projects? I have the parts to build an oil rig and I checked on youtube to see where it is in the jeet stronghold but I don't have it in my game. Do I need to progress in the story? I've only done the first few story missions.

Yeah you have to do a few missions and then you will be able to do projects.

They need to patch this game. Everytime I restart it, it is actually running 1080P. I need to manually change both the resolution and refresh rate to get back the same resolution I set it up initially at.

Everything else about this game is dope though.

I'm really enjoying this game. I'm 9 hours played now and have nearly completed everything in Jeet's territory. I love all of the activities such as main missions, wasteland missions, clearing camps, racing, taking down convoys, finding loot areas, stealing high value vehicles, stealing scrap transport vehicles, sniping, and scouting from hot air balloons. The only activity I don't enjoy are the minefields.

I just completed the main mission that sends you to the Gutgash stronghold, but before going forward I wanted to complete Jeet's first. I'm the first person to bail on a game for fetch and collectathon quests but this one just has a bunch of enjoyable activities.

I haven't really found fuel to be a problem. Once you build the oil well at Jeet's your fuel automatically gets refilled when you enter the stronghold. Also, there is an upgrade to consume less fuel.

If you're running low you can just fast travel back to the stronghold and then wherever you need to go. There really isn't a point on the map that doesn't have a nearby fast travel point because the Wasteland Races act as fast travel points as well as balloons and strongholds/hideouts.

I only use the fuel cans to blow stuff up :D

I'm not having issues with fuel, it just seems like in game where it's supposed to matter you would be able to determine how much fuel is in a container. But like you and others have said, apparently it doesn't make much difference either way.

This game is a disturbing OCD trap. Definitely on the dark horse of the year list for me.

Back