Mad Max (2015)

Just booted up and set things to max, game sure does look pretty, and runs quite well for me.

Game was taking to long to unpack so I decided to download TPP first. I'll have to play Mad Max whenever I pull myself away from that.

The game is gorgeous and runs great. Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow :( I'll see if I post some screenshots before I do.

Running full on "Max" settings @ 2K 144hz and runs perfectly so far it seems like it was worth every penny.

So far:

Looks really good, lots of graphics options. Runs well at 1080p maxed other than some hitching/stuttering for some reason. Running in Borderless so not sure if that is contributing. Might have to turn off AA or something as well.

For some reason the mouse cursor gets stuck on the screen fairly often...hopefully they can fix that, it's rather annoying.

Also, no manual saves in an open-world game? WTF? Checkpoints only it looks like.

Overall, very promising though.

The autosave is probably because it just saves all progress including pickups and discoveries then when you play it'll just spawn you at the nearest base/hideout/POI, that's how most free roaming games work now.

I'm digging the little attention to details, like how he has to keep adjusting his grip on when he walks with the dog in his arms, or the little strut in his step. Love little things like that, reminds me of how Naughty Dog handled Uncharted, they've got a very sharp eye for the intricate details.

http://imgur.com/a/KUfij

I'm digging the little attention to details, like how he has to keep adjusting his grip on when he walks with the dog in his arms, or the little strut in his step. Love little things like that, reminds me of how Naughty Dog handled Uncharted, they've got a very sharp eye for the intricate details.

I noticed the same thing, the animations are great and such attention to little details that instantly stood out to me when I launched the game. The game is very cinematic and I can't wait to actually play tomorrow!

Reviews are coming in and looks like the consensus is mediocre but I will enjoy the fuck out of this game.

Last edited:
How does it compare to Id's RAGE ???

It's plays nothing like Rage and it looks 10x better. If you've ever played Shadow of Mordor it handles very much like that.

Also reviews are torn between 5's and 8s so looks like one of those love it or dislike it games.

I've been a huge, life long fan of Mad Max. This game gets it right

LyZqoxo.jpg

I noticed the same thing, the animations are great and such attention to little details that instantly stood out to me when I launched the game. The game is very cinematic and I can't wait to actually play tomorrow!

Reviews are coming in and looks like the consensus is mediocre but I will enjoy the fuck out of this game.

I hear you Nick, I'm seeing the crappy reviews among the good reviews, and it seems that the reason that there's some negativity towards the game is the repetitive nature of combat and some of the side quests. Granted...Batman is an excellent game, and it has those same "negative" aspects.

I really don't give a shit though, I'm digging what I've been through so far in the last hour of play. Can't wait to get back into it again tomorrow morning after I get some work done.

P.S. We seem to have a similar attitude towards games, why aren't we steam friends!? :mad:

Performance is great. With everything maxed at 1440p, I was getting ~90FPS with a single card (forgot to recheck SLI after driver update). When I fixed SLI, the game was pegged at 144FPS almost the entire time (and the lowest I saw it dip was 135). The game looks great too. Looks like there need not be any concerns over the quality of the port.

Put about 6 hrs into it so far. The game runs great, maxed out I'm getting around 120fps on my 970. The environments looks beautiful, the metal and rust textures could be higher rez but overall the graphics are pretty nice for an open world game.

If you've seen the trailers and it looks fun then I can safely say that the game plays as well as it looks. It's nothing ground breaking and if your not tired of the standard open world formula this is worth picking up, especially since you can grab it for $20-$30 on several sites.

My biggest complaint is that the default weapon switches to the shotgun every time you get back into the car. Shotgun ammo is scarce and I end up wasting it instead of the infinite harpoon gun I'm trying to shoot.

Last edited:
How do I convince the dog to fill my canteen? He seems to have figured out the control scheme faster than me. :)

So I was standing on the wrong side of the water dish it seems.

Game is great so far. Exactly what I wanted in a MM game. Game is beautiful and runs flawlessly @4k on a single 980ti. This is not a shitty port.

Some 4k screens all maxed (resized):

C74b.png

D74b.png

Wow, the unpackaging is taking an eternity this morning. I had preloaded this thing two days ago. May as well not have.

EDIT: Early impressions... game looks and runs great. It's going to be fun to play in between MGS sessions.

Last edited:
Game is actually decent. Has the open world type formula in a decent setting. Has its cool moments. Just was trying to take out two spotters and took one out but the other one damaged my car and I was prompted to exit it. After two dodge rolls managed to land a shot on the fuel tank and car burst into flames whilst chum was using an extinguisher in my car. Should have screenshot it because it was epic, baddie car rolled over my car bursting in flames whilst my car was extinguished.

Most hilarious part was, right after that Mad Max says, "You done".

Fun can be had with this game. Runs 144 fps pegged on a single classy at 1440p maxed out in game.

So are you guys playing with a kb/m or using a controller? I am kind of torn on this, on one hand driving seems more suited to the controller but on the other hand I'd think the combat would be more suited to mouse, especially aiming the harpoon and things.

So are you guys playing with a kb/m or using a controller? I am kind of torn on this, on one hand driving seems more suited to the controller but on the other hand I'd think the combat would be more suited to mouse, especially aiming the harpoon and things.

I haven't purchased the game yet (I will this week end) but I play with K/B for this type of games (Arkham series, Shadow of Mordor, GTA, etc.).

I know I am in the minority here, but I prefer to play with K/M. I am not very good with the controller when it comes to the right analog, and for all 1st person/3rd person games, K/M feels very natural to me. Combat is awesome and driving works great as well. I like using the mouse because it allows me to turn the camera really easily especially during 360 degrees fights (which is 95% of the time) and the driving is just fine. Hope this helps!

I'd use keyboard and mouse for fighting and controller for driving. If this is possible.

I'm going to use a Controller once it's done downloading CD Keys can run out of Keys so don't wait.

Driving works fine with the KB/M. Probably a lot easier to aim harpoons and whatnot with the mouse.

Hm cant you move once you aim a weapon ? that kinda annoys me so far....

Weird, I just tried to plug my dualshock 4 in while playing and it freezes up the entire game...

I unplug it and it instantly "unfreezes" and starts back just fine...

I see a lot of posts on the forums of people saying the game doesn't detect or use other controllers outside the xbox controller.

Guess it is kb/m for me then.

Wow, the unpackaging is taking an eternity this morning. I had preloaded this thing two days ago. May as well not have.

Strange, it took roughly 8 minutes to unpack for me this morning but I didn't have to time to do anything but launch it and checking that it was working.

I'm getting off work in three hours and can't wait to try it.

That is the last time I download two AAA games back to back on my 1.6 meg per second connection...... took half of the day....

I'll tell you if this Mad Max is good in a second didn't care for Metal Gear.

Does Max have a bloodied face after a fight? I seem to recall he didn't have as many bruises before I entered the Oil Pump place near the beginning.

This game is Great the draw distance viewing environments in the game is Amazing like it much better then Metal Gear. Playing with a controller is fun fun I think they borrowed some stuff from General Knoxx of Borderlands I.

Back