LG GGC-H20L Blu-Ray/HD DVD Combo 272.28+shipping

What kind of rig do you have?

Athlon X2 5200+ stock
Asus M2N32 SLI Deluxe
2GB Crucial Ballistix PC26400
2 X Raptor 32GB (OS) in RAID 0
500GB Samsung Spinpoint SATAII
2 X EVGA 8800GTX

Last but not least, Westinghouse LVM-37W3. It's a beauty.

I would love to get one of this but how come there isn't a single review for it?

Anyone in here who already got one would like to chime in and let us know what you think?

Ordered straight from eWiz. Now I just have to place an order for parts with Newegg, and pick up some misc. stuff from Partsexpress.

Ordered straight from eWiz. Now I just have to place an order for parts with Newegg, and pick up some misc. stuff from Partsexpress.

Should have gone through ebay, saved $15 or so. Even the ebay payment confirmation from them looks like their store payment confirmation, lol.

I wonder why they just didn't use the name ewiz or something.

I would love to get one of this but how come there isn't a single review for it?

Anyone in here who already got one would like to chime in and let us know what you think?

Well I already kind of chimed in a few posts earlier, but after owning the drive for a week, I give it the highest recommendation. Installation was a breeze like any other SATA drive. Upon bootup I couldn't help but notice the sexy blue LED blinking during POST. Nice touch.

I have played an assortment of different movies and shows flawlessly. Most of them are HD-DVD but I did watch The Departed in Blu-Ray and its a very nice looking movie. Once or twice I got a brief skip, but this could easily be a system resource issue as I was running some other programs in the background. I highly recommend Planet Earth to showcase HD. Not only is it absolutely stunning, it also uses every pixel on the screen.

FYI, my system specs are as follows:

Athlon X2 5200+ stock
Asus M2N32 SLI Deluxe
2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2 6400
2 X Raptor 32GB in RAID 0
500GB Samsung Spinpoint SATAII
2 X EVGA 8800GTX
Creative X-Fi ExtremeMusic
Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speakers
37" Westinghouse LVM-37W3 (1080P)

Should have gone through ebay, saved $15 or so. Even the ebay payment confirmation from them looks like their store payment confirmation, lol.

I wonder why they just didn't use the name ewiz or something.

Sale of the item ended on eBay. I looked to see if they had relisted it, but they didn't. I didn't want to take the chance of having to wait a while to get one, so I went to their website and snatched one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LG-Electronics-...ryZ44956QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Well, I logged into my eWiz account and it says that the order is still processing, which I'll take as a good sign. I just hope they didn't goof and sell me a drive that was already OOS. I've had that happen twice with ZZF, and as such, I no longer shop there.

/edit

Sonofa

Just turned on my cell phone, as I am about to leave work. Got a message from a CSR saying that it was OOS. He said he doesn't have a good idea of when new ones will arrive. Crap. Now, do I cancel, or do I keep my order and wait.

The phone call was well appreciated. Both times with ZZF, I was never contacted.

Well, I logged into my eWiz account and it says that the order is still processing, which I'll take as a good sign. I just hope they didn't goof and sell me a drive that was already OOS. I've had that happen twice with ZZF, and as such, I no longer shop there.

/edit

Sonofa

Just turned on my cell phone, as I am about to leave work. Got a message from a CSR saying that it was OOS. He said he doesn't have a good idea of when new ones will arrive. Crap. Now, do I cancel, or do I keep my order and wait.

The phone call was well appreciated. Both times with ZZF, I was never contacted.

Oh they better have it in stock for me

*too scared to awnser the phone now or check voicemail* :(

PS. I'd cancel and wait, perhaps there is another price drop... who knows, 50/50 i guess.

EDIT: I am at credit verification... but I paid with paypal. I am so going to raise hell if they OOS'ed me... and I'll make sure that grill them with ebay policy. I better get my damn drive.

PS. I'd cancel and wait, perhaps there is another price drop... who knows, 50/50 i guess.

EDIT: I am at credit verification... but I paid with paypal. I am so going to raise hell if they OOS'ed me... and I'll make sure that grill them with ebay policy. I better get my damn drive.

Yeah, that does suck.

However, they'll be more and they'll only get cheaper. Just think, 5 years from now you'll have $40 blu-ray burners... haha.

I talked to the CSR on the phone. He didn't have a ETA on a new shipment, but was going to ask the PM (I'm guessing product manager or something like that) if he had a rough estimate. Unfortunately the guy he was going to ask was out to lunch. I am hoping that they will hold onto my order, and ship once they receive new stock. I'll have to call tomorrow to see whats up. I'd be willing to wait a few weeks, but no more. I still have to get some other things for my system together, so its not as if I'll be popping it in right away. I just want to make sure that I get one of these, without having to wait too long. They are a pretty hot item, and if the deliveries of these are stretched far and few between, they'll go OOS at most places quickly.

I still have one in my shopping car from NCIX. If its going to be more than a few weeks, I may just try to place an order, and hope I'll get in on the next shipment with them.

Oh, and even though its a bummer that the drive is OOS, I am rather impressed with eWiz's customer service. I was very suprised to get a phone call.

I talked to the CSR on the phone. He didn't have a ETA on a new shipment, but was going to ask the PM (I'm guessing product manager or something like that) if he had a rough estimate. Unfortunately the guy he was going to ask was out to lunch. I am hoping that they will hold onto my order, and ship once they receive new stock. I'll have to call tomorrow to see whats up. I'd be willing to wait a few weeks, but no more. I still have to get some other things for my system together, so its not as if I'll be popping it in right away. I just want to make sure that I get one of these, without having to wait too long. They are a pretty hot item, and if the deliveries of these are stretched far and few between, they'll go OOS at most places quickly.

I still have one in my shopping car from NCIX. If its going to be more than a few weeks, I may just try to place an order, and hope I'll get in on the next shipment with them.

Oh, and even though its a bummer that the drive is OOS, I am rather impressed with eWiz's customer service. I was very suprised to get a phone call.

Lucky you. I received an eBay message from them right AFTER my credit card was successfully charged. The message stated that they are out of stock...funny because they listed that they had 94 available for purchase when I placed my order. If I had received a phone call I would have raised hell with them. It took them a full two days to process my order and then to tell me that their out of stock.

I believe they were selling the unit on their website for $299, but it was around $275 on eBay. I guess they did not think the drive will sell so fast on their website, and when it did, they wanted to make a bigger profit. So the eBay purchasers got screwed over.

Talk about great sales management...:rolleyes:

Ol' reliable saves the day! Though I bear no ill will towards eWiz. This is a Hot item.

/ninja edit

Uh oh. Now the Egg is OOS. I hope my order went through. I can't check my home email from work.

Yeah, that does suck.

However, they'll be more and they'll only get cheaper. Just think, 5 years from now you'll have $40 blu-ray burners... haha.

Oh guess what. I get an ebay message:

Dear Customer,

First of all, we would like to take the time to apologize that the item you have purchased is out of stock during the process time. We understand that what your reaction may be and we are working very hard with our manufacturer to see whether we will be getting them in stock. These items are so hot that was sold out so fast before we can be in control of the situation. We are not 100% guaranteed on ETA for this particular item. Please do not be mad as we are working very hard to fulfill your need. Please feel free to contact me at my direct line 408-941-8630 if you have any questions. I can explain to you in details. Once again, sorry for the inconveniences this might have caused you.

Best Regards,
Steven, eBay Account Manager

WTF. Wow. :mad: Time for lucifer to make some rounds. :mad: How is it possible to oversell on ebay? You possibly can't sell more than what you have on hand, it's against ebays policy.

This is bullshit.

At least you get a fookan phone call. I get a stupid ebay message on how they oversold. :mad: Oh, lets not forget, they first HAD to accept my payment. :mad:

Thanks a lot ewiz. One more reason to stick with the egg and zzf.

Lucky you. I received an eBay message from them right AFTER my credit card was successfully charged. The message stated that they are out of stock...funny because they listed that they had 94 available for purchase when I placed my order. If I had received a phone call I would have raised hell with them. It took them a full two days to process my order and then to tell me that their out of stock.

I believe they were selling the unit on their website for $299, but it was around $275 on eBay. I guess they did not think the drive will sell so fast on their website, and when it did, they wanted to make a bigger profit. So the eBay purchasers got screwed over.

Talk about great sales management...:rolleyes:

Same. They had 87 availible before I purchased mine, that means they were underselling, which is against ebay TOS.

Also, I have the feeling that the ebayers got shafted too since ewiz rather pushed their transactions for site purchases... more money.

Yikes. They never charged me, so it was all good, and the guy on the phone was rather pleasant, though I never got that call back on the ETA.

Looks like I got my Egg order in before they sold out. I was worried for a bit, as the order status didn't update for 3 hours or so, finally indicating that they had received it.

4600+
evga 8600gt
Bluegears soundcard
and the drive are on the way.

Now to place an order for cables, speaker wire, and the stands for the surround speakers.

Yikes. They never charged me, so it was all good, and the guy on the phone was rather pleasant, though I never got that call back on the ETA.

Looks like I got my Egg order in before they sold out. I was worried for a bit, as the order status didn't update for 3 hours or so, finally indicating that they had received it.

4600+
evga 8600gt
Bluegears soundcard
and the drive are on the way.

Now to place an order for cables, speaker wire, and the stands for the surround speakers.

:( I missed the restock at newegg today. Stupid chem. lab.

I just sent this sales manager a response, since I didn't get an awnser to his direct line

Hi Steven,

I am shocked and quite upset as to how you guys could oversell yourselves. I am also a little confused as to how I was the 13th person to win out of a 100 item Dutch auction listed and it still sold out? I am part of a large online forum community and others who purchased with me are also quite upset, another person was the 6th person to purchase and was also denied. It is our feeling that we were denied on the basis that the online store sold the product for more, thus catering to those first, rather than the actual ordering time.

I am also further confused based on the fact that eBay has a strict policy that prohibits this type of behavior and that sellers are to never oversell a product or post more than they actually have on hand.

I can understand that sometimes demand is unexpected, but quite frankly, I am disappointed, I declined a chance to purchase at Newegg/other competitors or on your website at the time as I figured this would not only help my eBay rating, but I can save some at the same time.

Anyways, please let me know of my options, A) ETA Date, B) Refund

Thanks!

I just sent this sales manager a response, since I didn't get an awnser to his direct line

Very nice e-mail.

I just called into eWiz to cancel my order and they forwarded me directly to Steven. Although I am quite frankly upset of how they handled the sales, I was not able to express my anger to him because he was so considerate.

He told me that he is very sorry for the trouble. He also said that he is going to give me a full refund right now, and that they are trying to get a few of the drives in for the ebay purchasers. He told me that he will either contact me later this week, or for me to contact him on Monday next week, and he will be able to tell me if they were able to get any in.

Heh, I got a full refund without no response. I guess they chose option B.

Anyways, I think next time I will think twice about buying from them. I'll rather pay more for the egg products when I know they will deliver... not try to undersell me.

be sure to drop some negs on their ebay account. enough of those and they wont sell evey again their.

$322.85 shipped and insured from that ebay link.

I got two of them but my friend managed to snag one from somewhere for $260.. uhhh wtf?

Therefore, I'll have one of these for sale in a couple weeks. I'll be letting it go for $322.85 + shipping to wherever you are....

If anyone is interested keep me posted, otherwise you'll just see it on the forum in a few weeks.

Man! That pisses me off, I ordered my crap from some half assed e-tailer not sure if I'll even get them. Then the egg shows up for $20 cheaper none the less.

I hate life =(

Man! That pisses me off, I ordered my crap from some half assed e-tailer not sure if I'll even get them. Then the egg shows up for $20 cheaper none the less.

I hate life =(

Haha that sucks.

eWiz came through for me. I just called Steven this morning to see if they had got any in, and sure enough they did. So I only paid $287. :)

Damn...

I ordered from some ebay e-tailer called eWaggle.

Aparently the online reviews suck, but he has over 21k feedback on ebay... a lot of neutrals/negatives which I should have checked before ordering. The guy contacted me via e-mail and said they would ship out today. If I do not have tracking info by 5pm PST then I'll dispute it on paypal and just order from egg granted they have any in stock.

Back