LG 48CX

Ordered from BB Friday/26th, guess I don't get one this round. Wasn't able to cancel the order last night and hop on the BeachCamera train either.

Dangit.

Well, mine arrived today and fuck me, it's huge. Will post pics eventually, still setting it up and figuring out where to fit everything.

My setup right now is the screen mounted on a Multibrackets VESA Gas Lift Arm HD using a VESA 100x100 to 300x200 adapter from Amazon. The adapter came with the right screws for combining the VESA 100x100 mount with the adapter plate. It also has the right screws for mounting the TV, M6x30 with standoffs. I am not a huge fan of the arm as its tilt function needs to be really cranked to hold my previous Samsung CRG9 as well as this TV. Right now mine is a bit too much tilted back and needs to be straightened a bit. Just mounting it on the arm was a two person job due to the awkward size.

I would NOT advice getting this TV unless you can put it at least about 70cm away from you, preferably way more. This TV is so big that DPI scaling is just not a reasonable option unless it's really far away.

Testing custom resolutions is a huge pain as the TV tends to just show no signal if you try to use anything above 60 Hz and recovering from that seems to be difficult without rebooting, just pressing N or waiting for a bit does not seem to restore the previous res. Maybe unplugging cables might work, haven't tried yet.

I have confirmed that using "No scaling" in NVCP 1080p and 1440p seem to only scale to 1:1 at 60 Hz. This is listed as "4k x 2k, 1080p" in NVCP, there are also other options and those just scale 1080p to fullscreen. Maybe CRU is needed to fix this as adding a custom resolution in NVCP says that 1080p 120 Hz already exists.

4K 120 Hz, 8-bit 4:2:0 works fine, it is listed as separate "PC resolution". So overall the resolution support is a bit weird.

Inputs need to be set to PC icon from the Home dashboard view. Game mode vs ISF (Dark Room) preset (just set these up as they are my normal uses on LG C9) there seems to be a minor difference in input lag, can't notice a difference in image quality on PC mode when the presets are configured the same with color preset etc. This just based on desktop use, tested input lag with mouse cursor movement at 1080p 120 Hz. I use the settings from Rtings review. OLED light down to 40.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Just ordered the cac-1085. I’ll have it thursday - and i’ll post some early experiences on the cx48 with the 2080ti and DSC.

You serious said 70cm? That's 27 inches. Why on Earth would you think sitting that close to a 48" display would be a good idea?

You serious said 70cm? That's 27 inches. Why on Earth would you think sitting that close to a 48" display would be a good idea?

laptop-notebook-man-face-keyboard-screen-600x400.jpg

27 inches away from a 48" isn't so bad... 48" @ 4k is the same as 24" @ 1080p in terms of ppi, and 27" is a decent viewing distance for those monitors. Some people like to see their pixels and use 100% scaling!

I said at minimum. Further back is better. If you use the stock stand, on a 80 cm deep desk that is about what you will get with the stock stand as it sticks out from the back quite a bit.

With a monitor arm my viewing distance is about 85 cm at the moment.

Last edited:
I'd sit at least 40" minimum singly unless I was messing with an ultrawide rez in a racing game or similar for immersion w/o bad hud issues. I'd sit 48" or more if using monitor(s) on the side(s). Not only can you encompass more of the screen in your view but perceptually the pixels look a lot tighter back to more like what 105ppi to 110 ppi look like up close.

I'm about 3.5' from my 43" 4k screens and a 31.5" 1440p. The 1440p at 31.5" is closer to what the 48" screen's ppi would be. The default text sizes are definitely more jumbo by comparison to the 4k screens at it's sides, so with a 48" OLED I'd be moving it back farther until the perceived pixel sizes looked small enough to me. There is a sweet spot range off ppi+distance before I'd have to resort to scaling up. I'd rather not upscale but since I'll be adjusting my view distance to suit a 48" (or even a 55") 4k OLED, I'm might have to scale up my 43" monitor(s) slightly for desktop/app text.

A7gEgdY.png

72svAR0.png

Last edited:
27 inches away from a 48" isn't so bad... 48" @ 4k is the same as 24" @ 1080p in terms of ppi, and 27" is a decent viewing distance for those monitors. Some people like to see their pixels and use 100% scaling!

92 PPI at 27" viewing distance looks god-awful for anyone that isn't blind and has terrible clarity. And no, 27" viewing from a 48" display is terrible for the same reason hardly anyone sits in the first row at a movie theater. Viewing angle comfort is not rocket science. THX recommends 56" sitting distance from a 48" display. I personally find sitting the diagonal distance from any display being optimal. So eyes 48 inches away from a 48" diagonal display. That is closer than every single recommendation in the video world. 27" from 48" display is silly and will only lead to eyestrain.

I said at minimum. Further back is better. If you use the stock stand, on a 80 cm deep desk that is about what you will get with the stock stand as it sticks out from the back quite a bit.

With a monitor arm my viewing distance is about 85 cm at the moment.

The stock stand is terrible for use as a monitor. It lifts the screen off the desk, raising the central viewing eye gaze of the monitor, and pushing it closer towards your eyes. For proper ergonomics, the center of a display should be viewed with a slight downward gaze of the eyes. The eyes "relaxed" position. The best way to mount a 48CX is on a slim wall bracket, just barely floating over the desk. This allows you to adjust the desk position/depth relative to the wall and hence the display for optimum viewing. An 80cm deep desk is pretty shallow to begin with.

Last edited:
The stock stand is terrible for use as a monitor. It lifts the screen off the desk, raising the central viewing eye gaze of the monitor, and pushing it closer towards your eyes. For proper ergonomics, the center of a display should be viewed with a slight downward gaze of the eyes. The best way to mount a 48CX is on a slim wall bracket, just barely floating over the desk. This allows you to adjust the desk position/depth relative to the wall and hence the display for optimum viewing. An 80cm deep desk is pretty shallow to begin with.

I agree about this setup. On a monitor arm setting it behind and under the table is of course not an option but I have it now set so it is very close to the top of the desk. Again took two people to straighten the display so I could crank and lock the tilt portion of the monitor arm. Why the hell do they make an arm that can carry a display this big and heavy and then it doesn't have a tilt that can support the whole thing! I don't know if Ergotron has a patent on the spring loaded tilt or something.

So far I am playing with FancyZones on how to setup different sections of the display for different tasks. 2x2 and 3x2 grids works pretty well, might make another one that puts a web browser more in a center position.

Played some Doom Eternal and RDR2 and both looked absolutely incredible on this thing. Haven't tried BFI yet.

For proper ergonomics, the center of a display should be viewed with a slight downward gaze of the eyes. The eyes "relaxed" position.

I'm good as long as my direct line of sight is somewhere in a middle ratio band or belt across the middle of the monitor. This invisible line to the middle belt of the monitor can be slightly changed by having a full headrest (and armrests) chair that allows you to lean your head back 3 - 5 degrees from neutral, especially across longer view distances. With my window management software/hotkeys/buttons I can move windows to wherever I need them more or less instantly so I can view anything I want pretty comfortably. Full screen is generally reserved to gaming and once in awhile a video, though I view wideos in a large window rather than fullscreen most of the time on my side 43" monitors too. I typically use the extra height for tiling more lower window height windows.

For the 48" I would try my ergotron LX HD arm. It's huge and if tightened I'm pretty sure the 48" CX is in range of what it can handle. Otherwise I'd probably get a flat foot (or on casters) TV stand. The kind with a thin angle iron like black strip that goes up like a spine to a TV bracket. I prefer everything to be modular and moveable so mounting to a wall is not something I would choose. Those stands are the same types of brackets just on their own spine. Compared to most wall mounts some of the floor stands have a larger range of degrees (and obviously post installation heights) that that can be adjusted too.

As a reminder, I use a regular lazy/obtuse J shaped narrow bench style desk for my monitor arms and I use a separate kidney/xbox controller shaped desk on caster wheels with all of my hands on peripherals on it. The peripherals command desk is separate from the main desk and since it is on caster wheels I can move it fwd/back to wherever I want, and I'll even be able to stow it back against the monitor desk if I want to for a little VR space even though it's in a pretty small room.

What settings do you use to get hdr right on rdr2? I played around with nvprofiles but cannot get it right...

What settings do you use to get hdr right on rdr2? I played around with nvprofiles but cannot get it right...

Just turn on HDR and in the Display menu set it to "Game" instead of "Cinematic". That is as far as I have bothered to go. Compared to SDR, the HDR in this game is less vivid in many scenes but looks realistic at its best. Remember that HDR does not mean things like oversaturated colors but closer to real life colors.

Just turn on HDR and in the Display menu set it to "Game" instead of "Cinematic". That is as far as I have bothered to go. Compared to SDR, the HDR in this game is less vivid in many scenes but looks realistic at its best. Remember that HDR does not mean things like oversaturated colors but closer to real life colors.
I know. But... gamma seemed to be off. Especially in the start of the game with the snow storms... you would barely get contrast..

92 PPI at 27" viewing distance looks god-awful for anyone that isn't blind and has terrible clarity. And no, 27" viewing from a 48" display is terrible for the same reason hardly anyone sits in the first row at a movie theater. Viewing angle comfort is not rocket science. THX recommends 56" sitting distance from a 48" display. I personally find sitting the diagonal distance from any display being optimal. So eyes 48 inches away from a 48" diagonal display. That is closer than every single recommendation in the video world. 27" from 48" display is silly and will only lead to eyestrain.

The stock stand is terrible for use as a monitor. It lifts the screen off the desk, raising the central viewing eye gaze of the monitor, and pushing it closer towards your eyes. For proper ergonomics, the center of a display should be viewed with a slight downward gaze of the eyes. The eyes "relaxed" position. The best way to mount a 48CX is on a slim wall bracket, just barely floating over the desk. This allows you to adjust the desk position/depth relative to the wall and hence the display for optimum viewing. An 80cm deep desk is pretty shallow to begin with.

As far as viewing distance - what works for some doesn't have to work for everyone. I have sat 33-36 inches from my 48" Samsung 4k for 4 years and no issues. I have text scaling at 100%. It is immersive and works for me. Certainly doesn't work for everyone.

I know. But... gamma seemed to be off. Especially in the start of the game with the snow storms... you would barely get contrast..

It does that sometimes. You might have to make sure you run fullscreen and restart the game if it seems weird. RDR2 is a shitbag of a port when it comes to resolution and HDR handling.

Very interested. Vizio went from being a weak tv back in 720 days to a high quality TV manufacturer in modern times imo, at least in their P and M series. My living room low # of zone fald VA 4k tv is a vizio and I've seen others. TCL is pretty decent now too, and makes practically everything in their TV's themselves without outsourcing. TCL was even subcontracted to supply samsung panels before if I remember correctly.

https://www.cnet.com/news/vizios-oled-tvs-are-coming-this-fall-starting-at-1300/
Vizio has terrible customer support. I would buy from anyone but them.

Vizio has terrible customer support. I would buy from anyone but them.

Luckily I haven't had to use their support in the 4 years I've had a 70" (M70). People say the same about asus support yet they buy asus monitors too :b

Speaking of which, how is LG's support rated?

Luckily I haven't had to use their support in the 4 years I've had a 70" (M70). People say the same about asus support yet they buy asus monitors too :b

Couldn't you just get extended warranties from Besbuy or Microcenter? That way you wouldn't have to deal with CS from said brand, although I believe those extended warranties only go up to maybe 3 years at most.

The problem with Vizio is that they bork features with firmware updates and never fix them. I used the Clear Action feature in my P65-E1, one of the reasons why I bought it- they broke it less than a year in, promised a fix then abandoned the TV.

I have concerns about every replacing my living room FALD VA with an OLED because I keep the back of the TV to a large picture window which gets a lot of heat from the direct sunlight... OLED wear with heat is a bad combo, so hearing about the Vizio lineup including their 75 inch 480 zone FALD LCD TV that will retail for $2000 (maybe better on sale) is good to hear too.

If their 55" OLED is out by the time of the november deals I will definitely consider it (vs a CX, C9, E9 ) for my PC room and setup after hearing reviews though. A 48" would be more manageable but price and features could tip the scales for me. The Vizio lineup all support both hdr10+ and dolby vision and have two 48gbps hdmi 2.1 ports, accepting up to 12bit signal 120hz 4k 4:4:4 and have VRR as well as full eARC support on a separate hdmi output.

It will be interesting to see if the VIZIO OLED TVs will have the same issues LG's OLED reportedly have :
....dolby vision grey blacks
....the near-black-fix via black flattening being bypassed when VRR is active - which reportedly causes near black areas next to very bright/white objects and characters on very dark/black backgrounds to have a grey black halo around them or a weird gradient.

Couldn't you just get extended warranties from Besbuy or Microcenter? That way you wouldn't have to deal with CS from said brand, although I believe those extended warranties only go up to maybe 3 years at most.

good idea yes that would probably be the way to go. The problem with some of those warranties from best buy and squaretrade if I'm not mistaken is that they make you use the manufacturer's warranty service during the manufacturer's warranty period. So if your TV has a 1 year warranty you are still stuck with going through the manufacturer until that first year is up. So they are charging you for a "3 year warranty" but it's really 2 years + 1 mfg in some cases. Maybe this has changed, it's been awhile since I added a warranty. At least with best buy or amazon you should be able to return the tv within a certain period though too.

The problem with Vizio is that they bork features with firmware updates and never fix them.

We've all been burned before.. I never buy HP stuff after their old laptop nvidia solder issue they burned me on, on a $1400 laptop way back when (prob closer to $2k in todays dollars). I still say asus gets flamed all the time for having bad support by some people but people still buy them. I'm still curious what the word is on LG's support quality. I own a 31.5" 1440p GK850G 144hz VA g-sync monitor that is LG which has had zero problems. Before that I can't remember every having anything LG.

Last edited:
Got mine set up today and I have to say this thing is sick! I'm blown away by how good it looks. The blacks are incredible. Especially coming from 15 years of IPS gray/glow whatever. I have not seen problems with blacks with GSYNC enabled. It looks the same to me enabled an disabled. Hopefully that issue is overblown and not widespread. I'm really liking the size. I wasn't sure if it would be too big coming from 43" but I have to say it's perfect. Especially when gaming. I have it at the same 22" away that I had my 43" at and it's just right to fill my entire FOV while gaming. Anyway here it is in between my two 43" Wasabi Mango UHD430's.
20200630-171343.jpg
20200630-171222.jpg

Got mine set up today and I have to say this thing is sick! I'm blown away by how good it looks. The blacks are incredible. Especially coming from 15 years of IPS gray/glow whatever. I have not seen problems with blacks with GSYNC enabled. It looks the same to me enabled an disabled. Hopefully that issue is overblown and not widespread. I'm really liking the size. I wasn't sure if it would be too big coming from 43" but I have to say it's perfect. Especially when gaming. I have it at the same 22" away that I had my 43" at and it's just right to fill my entire FOV while gaming. Anyway here it is in between my two 43" Wasabi Mango UHD430's.
View attachment 257838
View attachment 257839

Awesome.. I have a 43" on each side of my 31.5" 1440p VA right now. I measured the current array length and it is about 7' long. With the added width of the 48", I am thinking I would turn the side monitors into portrait mode. When I figured it out I was suprised that combined length of the array would again be 7'. :)

I have a separate desk on casters that I keep in front of my main desk though so I can see all of the monitors better. It looks like you are inside of your monitors the way you have it there. o_O

Very cool to see the monitors and same sizes all together though. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Btw if you guys are having the edges of your screen cut off or part of the taskbar missing - go to picture > aspect ratio settings > change it to "original".

Discount Bandit has it for $100 less. They're just a discounter that works with other retail partners, so even though they claim it's in stock they go by inventory from their partners.

Tempted but I just had back surgery and would never be able to get it into my place and on my desk without help.

Awesome.. I have a 43" on each side of my 31.5" 1440p VA right now. I measured the current array length and it is about 7' long. With the added width of the 48", I am thinking I would turn the side monitors into portrait mode. When I figured it out I was suprised that combined length of the array would again be 7'. :)

I have a separate desk on casters that I keep in front of my main desk though so I can see all of the monitors better. It looks like you are inside of your monitors the way you have it there. o_O

Very cool to see the monitors and same sizes all together though. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Sure no problem! I'm happy to hear that someone else is going with the 2x43" +48" setup. It's interesting that you are going to go with the side monitors in portrait. I think they may be a bit high for me like that but I haven't tried it yet so I don't know for sure. I like the side monitors in landscape because I like to use them as TVs a lot. I will put on a baseball game or TV show on one side while I'm working on the middle monitor and other side. I's nice to have them all the same to switch easily and have full screen 4k/1080p content. I may end up moving the side monitors up to be flush the the CX 48 so they are a little closer though. I will just have to remove the stands from my speakers. It's fine the way it is but will be less of a waste of space, will look better and of course fit better in my field of view. I don't know if these pictures from my phone translate very well but here's a few in-game pictures.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance
20200630-205202.jpg

Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order
20200630-205439.jpg

Elder Scrolls Online
20200630-210155.jpg

BTW what 43"s do you have? Just curious as there aren't many viable options (as I'm sure you know)

My 4k screens currently:
-------------------------------------
I had a different setup with two 27" 1440p monitors when I decided to add my first 4k screen, a
60hz TCL s405 43" that was on sale for $230.
I figured after reading the rtings review it would be well worth it, especially that price, as my first 4k monitor. I bought it for desktop/apps/media though and not gaming since it is 60hz and no VRR. I liked it so much that I added a
43" samsung 6900. I got the samsung for around $270 after tax at bestbuy.
It has slightly better black depth and contrast than the TCL but they are both way better than ips and tns in that area, so great for playing media, streams, etc. According to RTings the TCL is 4171:1 contrast and the samsung is 6107:1. The 4k ppi at my viewing distance is around as tight looking as 105 - 110ppi looks up close. For my usage they are both very good and provide a ton of desktop space at native 1:1 scaling in windows 10.

My current gaming monitor is a 31.5" LG GK850G 1440p, g-sync, 144hz, VA. It's contrast is way better than my TNs or IPS in the past but playing a video on either 4k screen is so much better looking than playing it on the GK850G since their contrast is 1000 to 2000 more with the accompanying increase in black depth.
I'm very much looking forward to november when I can pick up a 48" or 55" OLED for ultra black levels.. , depending when all reviews are in and what sales are on. The feature set and price of the Vizios is making me consider them spec wise, but looking at how near in size the 48" looks to your 43" screens makes me see how much more manageable a 48" would be. I'll see how it pans out in november I guess.

TV
----------
By the way, I cut out cable tv years ago along with landline phone. Luckily I'm not a sports zealot - that is one demographic they really have by the balls.. pun intended (sports balls). I don't miss the tons of commercials, in fact I find them aggravating (almost infuriating at times lol). Twitch and youtube are pumping a lot of short commercials out now though, too. There are a few workarounds on pc but not 100%.

For TV I use a hdhomerun dual tuner. It looks like a router or switch that has a coaxial connection. I have a good uhf antenna on my roof that runs to the hdhomerun. The hdhomerun shows up on my network and up to two devices can watch different channels on it. More devices can watch the same content I think just not more than 2 channels at a time, one per tuner. So I can run the hdhomerun app (or point VLC media player to it) in a window of any size or full screen, or on my laptop or tablet. I usually just watch the local news (nbc, cbs, abc) and some of the national news on it on my living room TV off of my nvidia shield's tv app or the hdhomerun app on the shield. If I watch the OTA tv on my pc (OTA incidentally is less compressed HD than cable tv), I usually watch it in a window so if I had my side monitors in portrait mode I'd just make a window out of it. Half height of 2160wide x 3840 tall is 2160w x 1920 high so I can still fit a decent sized window in there at 1920x1080 per pixel or larger. A 1920 at 1:1 per pixel it would have 120px of black bars on each side, but you could run larger till you hit the extents. I can set up my window placement and sizing buttons to do percentages of the height as desired too.

Re-doing my window management hotkeys and sizes, placements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have everything set up really nicely right now with displayfusion hotkeys for window placements, resizing, etc on the fly via button presses on my streamdeck. If I end up flipping the side 43" monitors to portrait mode I'll have to make a new array of shortcuts and window positions to suit the portrait mode orientation. Cutting it up into quadrants or unequal height quads (tall rectangles on bottom) plus a left half and a right half full height button will still work, and max height toggle, max width toggle, etc.. but a few of the other custom window sizes I have set up would have to be redone. I'll see how it goes when I get that far. Currently I often prioritize my most looked at windows in the nearest 40% or 60% of each landscape oriented screen anyway, which ends up being like a shorter portrait mode as it is. I do use the other two quadrants or other side of each monitor but I prioritize what is on the nearer half of the monitors so I don't have to look/rotate over as far as often, depending on what I'm doing. I do also have a displayfusion window function hotkey setup to run around 2880x1600 in a large part of the lower right of a screen if I want to run a video without going fullscreen in landscape but want larger than my pre-defined quad sizes though as well - but like I said if I swap to portrait mode I'd just do around half heights and full width to the extents for videos. And if I really want to watch a video directly I'd just move it to the oled.

Last edited:
Btw if you guys are having the edges of your screen cut off or part of the taskbar missing - go to picture > aspect ratio settings > change it to "original".

Also turn off the pixel shift feature. It will shift the screen a bit at times and will cut off the image. Not an issue really in anything but PC use. It's supposed to be a wear leveling feature but I don't know how effective it is as some burn-in images just show it mostly just spreads the burn-in around a bit. Up to you if you want to disable it or not.

I have now setup the OLED with my work environment using a 2016 Macbook Pro. I miss the PbP mode of my Samsung CRG9 but appreciate being able to fit more windows on screen. I hide the MacOS top bar and dock automatically so it is similar to my Windows setup with a black background, dark modes and so on. Virtual desktops for fitting more stuff on one screen and I think that will help avoid burn-in as I will be jumping between the desktops all the time. The setups for my virtual desktops are basically: actual work (browser, IDE, terminals etc), communications (Slack, Teams, email...) and personal stuff (reading websites and watching some YouTube when taking a break).

I use a CableMatters USB-C to HDMI 4K 60 Hz adapter to hook it up and it works great. 4K scaling options show up correctly in MacOS too.

I think I notice the automatic static brightness limiter (ASBL) kicking in at times, it seems to very gradually dim the image. This can happen when I am sitting at a screen thinking about what I am going to write for a longer time, for example pondering a coding problem. I am not 100% sure this is what is happening as showing anything brighter looks extra bright on the OLED because of its per pixel brightness capability vs the more static backlight setting on LCDs. ASBL can only be disabled with the LG service remote which can be bought off eBay. Never seen ABL kick in yet, using contrast 80 and OLED light at 40-45.

Also turning the TV off does not seem to disconnect it causing your windows to go all over the place like it can on DP. So that's a good way to put it to sleep if you are taking a break etc.

Last edited:
Just ordered the cac-1085. I’ll have it thursday - and i’ll post some early experiences on the cx48 with the 2080ti and DSC.

Please report back when you get it! I am especially interested in the following:
  • 4K 120 Hz, does everything work alright (full RGB, HDR, works as expected in games etc)
  • Custom ultrawide resolutions, is say 3840x1600 at 120 Hz now possible.
  • Can you get 1080p and 1440p with 1:1 scaling working at 120 Hz rather than scaled full screen.
In my country a couple of vendors report the adapter becoming available on Friday so if I order it, I won't get it until next week...provided the availability does not slip further.

Going from 100-120 Hz to 60 Hz on the desktop has been ok but still feels a bit wrong. If I get the adapter I would probably use it like this:
  • HDMI 1 connected directly to GPU HDMI. For 4K @ 120 Hz, 8-bit 4:2:0 SDR with VRR or 1440p @ 120 Hz VRR.
  • HDMI 2 connected to adapter. For 4K @ 120 Hz RGB on desktop, custom ultrawide resolutions in games.
Switching inputs is so quick and easy with the remote that moving between the two should be no big deal.

Ok - just received and tested stuff for an hour with the CAC-1085 DP1.4 to HDMI2.1 adapter. At this point I CANNOT recommend this product. It's flawed running on my 2080TI and CX48. This is what i send to Club3d Support:
  • Everytime I change resolution or HDR on/off or change the color profile (bits, chroma or RGC) – the adapter looses signal. Only way to recover is pull the USB Power and put it back in;
  • Even when moving from in game back to windows (disabling HDR) e.g. in RDR2 – it looses signal;
  • When login into windows (switching from lock screen to desktop) it looses signal;
  • HDR increases the brightness of the entire panel;
  • I’m not able to run 4:4:4. Only 4:2:2 or RGB;
  • GSync is NOT supported;
  • Custom Resolution (36840x1600) is NOT supported. Black screen like before;
  • Custom Resolution (3440x1440) at 120 hz 1:1 is supported but only at 8-bit - and NO G-Sync.
Just switched back to HDMI - Text is better readable... there is something wrong with the full RGB / HDR that causes text to be fuzzy.

Last edited:
Ok - just received and tested stuff for an hour. At this point I CANNOT recommend this product. It's flawed running on my 2080TI and CX48. This is what i send to Club3d Support:
  • Everytime I change resolution or HDR on/off or change the color profile (bits, chroma or RGC) – the adapter looses signal. Only way to recover is pull the USB Power and put it back in;
  • Even when moving from in game back to windows (disabling HDR) e.g. in RDR2 – it looses signal;
  • When login into windows (switching from lock screen to desktop) it looses signal;
  • HDR increases the brightness of the entire panel;
  • I’m not able to run 4:4:4. Only 4:2:2 or RGB;
  • GSync is NOT supported;
  • Custom Resolution (36840x1600) is NOT supported. Black screen like before;
  • Custom Resolution (3440x1440) at 120 hz 1:1 is supported but only at 8-bit - and NO G-Sync.
Just switched back to HDMI - Text is better readable... there is something wrong with the full RGB / HDR that causes text to be fuzzy.

Lets be clear... this is for the DisplayPort -> HDMI adapter, NOT the CX48, correct?

Back