LG 48CX

You can increase the color gamut by increasing the Colour setting. Colour basically defines the color gamut, while the AUTO, Wide and Extended are the presets of the Colour value. Increase it by 3, 5 or 10 and see the sRGB gamut hit 100%.
Thanks for this info. It seems then that LG's default value of 55 for color in game mode is likely accurate to achieve 100% sRGB coverage. I lowered it to 50 per Rtings reccomendations and that is what resulted in 96.5%.

I'll rerun the calibration with color set to 55.

Thanks for this info. It seems then that LG's default value of 55 for color in game mode is likely accurate to achieve 100% sRGB coverage. I lowered it to 50 per Rtings reccomendations and that is what resulted in 96.5%.

I'll rerun the calibration with color set to 55.

What are you using to calibrate? The official CALMAN autocal for LG? All I did was use my i1 Display Pro and DisplayCAL software to get the proper white balance of 6500k but I'm not sure if it's even worth it to go all the way and pay for a CALMAN license to use the CX's autocal function. I've never really been one to chase after the lowest possible Delta E's, I always just did my best to correct my displays through OSD adjustments and left it at that. If you do use the autocal, does it make a huge difference over the menu adjustments alone?

The jury is still out on this apparently?

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-o...aming-thread-consoles-pc-27.html#post59938778

cLJT9Uo.png

uJGvHKO.jpg

On the content front, I was out of stuff to watch so I tried the first episode of that nazi hunter show on amazon prime. Immediately hooked btw, but there were a couple points where the camera would so a slow pan and you could see that typical nasty stuttery motion with low framerate video. It was so nasty looking I tried the true motion setting to see if it would look better. It looks VASTLY superior, and it really does mimic a higher framerate video with that setting on and it completely removed that stuttery monstrosity of slow panning shots that are like an ice pick to my eyes. I have not compared other scenes where there might be more artifacts, but due to how sensitive I am to motion issues on regular video, I think I'm going to leave that setting on.

Dunno what settings he's using but I have noticed zero issues with blacks/near blacks and I have been switching back and fourth between gsync and non gsync BFI. Blacks are black, near blacks are near black. Perhaps this issue only affects HDR or perhaps the fact that I'm running 4:2:0 to get 120Hz the issue is being masked by chroma subsampling. What exactly triggers this? Having a bright object against a pitch black background? If that's the case then Prey should've been a glowing grey mess in space but isn't. SpaceEngine also properly shows bright objects against the pitch blackness of space. Blacks are black, don't know what else to say. Again this is at 120Hz running 8bit 4:2:0 in SDR. I have NOT tested 4:4:4 HDR because I haven't switched to *ugh* 60Hz since the day I got my CX.

Attachments

• 20200705_203108.jpg
    20200705_203108.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 0
  • 20200712_224948.jpg
    20200712_224948.jpg
    345.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20200713_134258.jpg
    20200713_134258.jpg
    527.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thanks for posting this. I am going to give this is a try with my setup(also 1080Ti with club3d). I was about to return the adapter but will try this and report back.

Edit: I was unable to get this to work. After entering the custom resolutions and restarting the computer or using the cru file, the tv will lose signal and I have to do a hard reboot to get it to clear or remove the club3d adapter from the chain and use the hdmi 2.0 port on the 1080ti.
I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. To prevent doing a hard reboot or removing the adapter, it's probably better if you set the refresh rate to 60Hz prior to restarting the videocard driver/pc after editing in CRU. That way you can change the refresh rate in the Nvidia control panel and if you get a no signal message you just have to wait 15 seconds before it automatically reverts to the previous setting.
As for the resolution not working, I'm not sure, maybe those parameters are not universal. You could try upping the back porch values (those are 50 now) and as long as you stay below a pixel clock of 1075MHz it would fit within the available bandwidth.

What are you using to calibrate? The official CALMAN autocal for LG? All I did was use my i1 Display Pro and DisplayCAL software to get the proper white balance of 6500k but I'm not sure if it's even worth it to go all the way and pay for a CALMAN license to use the CX's autocal function. I've never really been one to chase after the lowest possible Delta E's, I always just did my best to correct my displays through OSD adjustments and left it at that. If you do use the autocal, does it make a huge difference over the menu adjustments alone?

No way man. Who in their right mind would use CALMAN just for a desktop gaming setup. I'm also using an i1 and DisplayCal. The only reason I'm even calibrating it is because my grey scale and gamma accuracy are off out the box and with all these dark themed pages/apps, it looks bad (green tint). Side by side with my X27 the CX looks pretty poor in Game/Warm2.

Gonna do another run right now and I'll post results.

No way man. Who in their right mind would use CALMAN just for a desktop gaming setup. I'm also using an i1 and DisplayCal. The only reason I'm even calibrating it is because my grey scale and gamma accuracy are off out the box and with all these dark themed pages/apps, it looks bad (green tint). Side by side with my X27 the CX looks pretty poor in Game/Warm2.

Gonna do another run right now and I'll post results.

Haha yeah I feel you on that, it's just that games typically don't like ICC profiles and not to mention...you cannot use PC generated ICC profiles on consoles. But AutoCAL allows you calibrate the TV so that it will look great on anything from your PC to PS5 to Blu Ray player. Have you noticed a major difference going from just OSD adjustments to a full on calibration?

I've given up on ICC profiles long ago (for my gaming machine). I always buy screens with a decent factory calibration and at the most change a couple OSD settings (except brightness that I always have to take waaaaaaay down). I use my colorimeter to make sure gamma and stuff is decent but don't chase absolute perfection. Our eyes do get used to inaccurate colours anyway, as long as it's not way too extreme. Mostly I try to make sure all my devices look pretty similar.

But with built-in hardware calibration though... yeah I'm kinda tempted to go a lil further this time.

Does this happen in Gsync too? or only freesync?

Happens in both. I opened the screenshot and now I could see the guy's settings. He's using 422 12Bit HDR as well as 444 RGB SDR. I don't know what game he is playing but if it's the same guy as before then it's probably Gears 5 running in HDR. I'm going to assume the problem happens when running in HDR at 4:2:2 12Bit. Me running 4:2:0 8Bit SDR I haven't had any issues like that. Games look absolutely perfect.

If anyone has an AVSForum can you PM that user these questions?

1. What games were tested that showed this black level behavior with VRR on?
2. Was HDR used? If so, which mode? 10Bit 422 or 8Bit 444? (And yes you can use 8Bit for HDR, it's been proven many times already that 10Bit is not required.)
3. Have you tried all of the possible modes within NVCP? 8Bit/10Bit 4:2:0, 8Bit 4:4:4, and 10Bit 4:2:2 all with HDR on and off
4. What are your TV picture mode settings? (Black level, Contrast, Brightness, Gamma, Etc.)

Last edited:
Its it really important to lable the port pc like rtings says? Doesn't seem to change the available display options in windows and with it set to pc real cinema setting is unavailable and there are less options under trumotion

I've given up on ICC profiles long ago (for my gaming machine). I always buy screens with a decent factory calibration and at the most change a couple OSD settings (except brightness that I always have to take waaaaaaay down). I use my colorimeter to make sure gamma and stuff is decent but don't chase absolute perfection. Our eyes do get used to inaccurate colours anyway, as long as it's not way too extreme. Mostly I try to make sure all my devices look pretty similar.

But with built-in hardware calibration though... yeah I'm kinda tempted to go a lil further this time.

I wouldn't bother with stand alone ICC profiles either since games override them. With DisplayCAL's profile loader to enforce the ICC though it works out pretty well other than a game here and there messing with gamma.

If it doesn't bother you then of course there's no need to calibrate but I came from a very accurate X27 and the CX just looked off.

Game mode is pretty terrible out the box compared to ISF Dark. I'd argue it's basically unusable if you're coming from any semi decent IPS but a lot of it is the 7100K color temp even in Warm2.

Measurements via FlatpanelsHD:

LG_CX_SDR_Game.jpg
LG_CX_SDR_ISFDark.jpg

Last edited:
Its it really important to lable the port pc like rtings says? Doesn't seem to change the available display options in windows and with it set to pc real cinema setting is unavailable and there are less options under trumotion

PC mode has typically been necessary for correct color representation. It also turns off most advanced processing that adds lag. Why would you even WANT truemotion on when playing on PC anyway?

I wouldn't bother with stand alone ICC profiles either since games override them. With DisplayCAL's profile loader to enforce the ICC though it works out pretty well other than a game here and there messing with gamma.

If it doesn't bother you then of course there's no need to calibrate but I came from a very accurate X27 and the CX just looked off.

Game mode is pretty terrible out the box compared to ISF Dark. I'd argue it's basically unusable if you're coming from any semi decent IPS but a lot of it is the 7100K color temp even in Warm2.

Measurements via FlatpanelsHD:

View attachment 261431View attachment 261432

Can you share your displaycal settings? I made an attempt and this is what happened...

1594702242842.png

Only 85% sRGB? I even followed Hardwareunboxed's video. All the calibration did was mess up my entire screen and made it green. Color was set to 55.

Happens in both. I opened the screenshot and now I could see the guy's settings. He's using 422 12Bit HDR as well as 444 RGB SDR. I don't know what game he is playing but if it's the same guy as before then it's probably Gears 5 running in HDR. I'm going to assume the problem happens when running in HDR at 4:2:2 12Bit. Me running 4:2:0 8Bit SDR I haven't had any issues like that. Games look absolutely perfect.

If anyone has an AVSForum can you PM that user these questions?

2. Was HDR used? If so, which mode? 10Bit 422 or 8Bit 444? (And yes you can use 8Bit for HDR, it's been proven many times already that 10Bit is not required.)
3. Have you tried all of the possible modes within NVCP? 8Bit/10Bit 4:2:0, 8Bit 4:4:4, and 10Bit 4:2:2 all with HDR on and off
4. What are your TV picture mode settings? (Black level, Contrast, Brightness, Gamma, Etc.)

Man, this is really frustrating. I thought I'd gotten past my dealbreaker issues with the flickering since you managed to resolve it. Now this. Bleh. I plan on using this in full 444 RGB in HDR where possible and at whatever hz the TV can do at the resolution I set without compromising any of that. If it's going to look like that though, I don't see the point. What are the odds LG fixes this in an update? I can wait a couple months, but I need this thing (or an alternative) before CP2077 drops in November.

This is going to sound crazy, but will you guys game at 2560x1440 even after the HDMI2.1 cards are released? Before I got my 48CX, I thought "gaming at 1440p is going to look like complete garbage", but when I tried it (out of necessity), I found that not only did the games look great, but being able to keep a solid 120fps in every game with things pretty much maxed out has been freaking awesome. Even with the 3080Ti power, I doubt we'll be able to push 120fps in all games maxed out (if we're expecting a 25-30% increase in performance over current gen).

I feel like I'll game at 4k@120 in games that can push that framerate consistently with high/max settings, and dial it back to 2560x1440p for games that are more demanding.
I tried this yesterday in Hell Let Loose. I was able to get a stable 115 FPS now with higher settings. Including viewing distance and clarity SMAA which actually benefits gameplay when shooting people over large distances. I actually prefer this over 4k.

Can you share your displaycal settings? I made an attempt and this is what happened...

Only 85% sRGB? I even followed Hardwareunboxed's video. All the calibration did was mess up my entire screen and made it green. Color was set to 55.

Yeah I'm pretty sure you just can't calibrate these OLED's with just a colorimeter like an LCD. You need a spectral correction otherwise you get wild results like yours.

Previously I was using someones C8 correction but it didn't seem right. Using DisplayCal's internal WOLED correction seems to deliver good results which are almost in line with FlatpanelsHD gamut coverage. I click white drift compensation just to be safe.

2.png

My results. This is in Game, Warm2, Gamma 2.2, Color 55. Color @ 50 results in 94% sRGB, color @ 60 results in 95.7% sRGB. I just decided to stay at the default 55.

1.png

Here are the 40 slide grey balance and color checker results. Other than the single blue being off, it's remarkably accurate.

3.png
4.png

Yeah I'm pretty sure you just can't calibrate these OLED's with just a colorimeter like an LCD. You need a spectral correction otherwise you get wild results like yours.

Previously I was using someones C8 correction but it didn't seem right. Using DisplayCal's internal WOLED correction seems to deliver good results which are almost in line with FlatpanelsHD gamut coverage. I click white drift compensation just to be safe.

View attachment 261541

My results. This is in Game, Warm2, Gamma 2.2, Color 55. Color @ 50 results in 94% sRGB, color @ 60 results in 95.7% sRGB. I just decided to stay at the default 55.

View attachment 261545

Here are the 40 slide grey balance and color checker results. Other than the single blue being off, it's remarkably accurate.

View attachment 261543View attachment 261544

That is the same thing Hardwareunboxed said and those are the exact settings I used for DisplayCal yet my results are completely off. Wtf???

Last edited:
There's a possibility that your sensor was not sitting flush. Since the TV is so large I use a object (stick) and wedge it via gravity behind the i1 to ensure it's snug.

I suppose I'll give it another shot tomorrow. Really irritating to wait over an hour just to have it all botched in the end.

Yes, I forgot you can't hit 100% with the gamut set to AUTO. That's why I had said previously that I had to set the color space to Wide, which would give me 105% or 107% sRGB, then I dialed the Colour setting down to approximately 100% and fine tuned each color separately through the Color Management System. (I did this 3 years ago, so I just remembered the whole procedure.) The end result would still show less than 100% sRGB gamut, about 99,3 or 98,5 %%. In any case, this would be considered as a very good result, given all the colors within the 98,5% gamut are well calibrated.

Last edited:
Oh ya in game picture mode you cannot set color gamut to anything else but "Wide". Extended and Auto look terrible.

Since you asked I'll reply again here but it doesn't hurt to make an avsforum login either :confused:

Here is what I wrote questioning, after pasting your series of questions:
Do you have C9 and not a CX? Does this happen on the CX to for sure? I know the near black flashing fix of flattening blacks has been reportedly bypassed whenever VRR is enable ever since nvidia VRR support was added and according to some reports still causes this grey blacks issue.
To be clear, from what I understand from reading people's reports in this and another avs forum thread,

- there was a black flashing issue on near blacks on LG OLEDs
- LG updated their firmware to use dithering on the near blacks (I'm not sure if the dithering was localized to the near black so that the rest of the screen could remain un-dithered)
- the near-black dithering was a valid workaround (adding "noise" to near-black to avoid flashing), but it wasn't working in game mode optimally for some reason (resolution/detail loss I think?)
- LG updated to a black flattening method as a workaround instead of the dithering of near blacks workaround
- when LG added VRR support, the near-black flattening fix for near black flashing got bypassed whenever VRR is enabled
- the bypassing of the near black fix when VRR is enabled reportedly causes grey-blacks and perhaps even strange gradients around objects and areas, edges, perhaps like a grey black halo or gradient.

If all of the above is true, then it doesn't sound like it would be a overall screen gamma issue, but instead an issue localized to where the near blacks are located dynamically. That could be difficult to determine in scenes where there would be a lot of near-black areas/edges, light to dark transitions though so the overall impression could be confusing (and perhaps confused as lighter gamma on the screen overall?).

Someone in this thread pages back said ori and the blind forest had weird gradients around white character on dark black backgrounds, and grey blacks.

If it is localized grey-blacks, like grey-black haloing of a sort, then adjusting the overall screen gamma wouldn't be a valid workaround since it would ruin the rest of the screen/scene's accurate gamma and in scenes that aren't dark.

Any confirmation and re-iteration of these issues by anyone who has experienced it would be appreciated. If possible, please provide details of what bit depth, chroma, gamed title if in HDR or not, tv mode settings (black level, contrast, brightness, gamma) etc. you were using when the grey-blacks issue was exhibited. Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the link to his reply:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-o...aming-thread-consoles-pc-28.html#post59946154

Not sure which guy that person was referring to but I tested with Control (SDR, RGB 8bit full) and COD Modern Warfare (HDR, 422 12 bit limited) and several other SDR and HDR games and saw the issue in all of them. Selecting different chroma and bit depth in NVCP will not solve this; I have personally tried different combos and the result is the same (never chosen 420 8bit though so I may try that but almost 100% it won't help). This is an issue with the tv's Instant Game Response and has been acknowledged by many people including pro calibrators and TV reviewers like Vincent from HDTVTest so there's no point trying to deny it now and say things like "but games look absolutely perfect for me" (you simply won't realize the impact of the issue on the picture quality unless you pull a side by side comparison or conduct specific tests). It's more important to be more vocal about this issue so LG can quickly fix it.

Your timeline and understanding of the issue is correct. Only the gamma of the near-black shades is screwed; the rest is fine. Watch Vincent's review of the CX again. He put up a graph there showing the near black gamma with VRR/Instant Game Response enabled. The near-black gamma values become lower, leading to brighter near-black shades while other lighter shades' gamma remain the same. This means the overall picture contrast will be lower than optimal. It's very easy to see the issue if you conduct the same test as the one I did in my video linked above, or just take side by side pictures of near black scenes before and after enabling vrr.

I own a C9. The issue is present on both the C9 and the CX. I saw it on my C9 and reported the issue on this forum months ago but back then almost everyone either ignored it or said they didn't see it and some even blasted me for asking about a C9's issue on a CX thread. As a result, it never got fixed and now we continue see it on the CX, sadly.

The gradient thing in the new ori game is mostly caused by the game's engine itself. This near black gamma issue does make that thing more obvious and uglier though.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So after I read that I went back to the vincent video at the timestamp he provided and took this screenshot and typed out this quote vincent of HDTVTest said at that timestamp on May 29, 2020:

RvxqYuA.png
"In time we discovered that when both TVs kicked into VRR mode the dithering fix for above black gamma overshoot would be disabled causing near-black to brighten in g-sync mode on the C9 and in all VRR modes on the CX so this is something for LG engineers to work on."

I'm not going to make an AVS account JUST for that. :rolleyes: Hmmm ok looks interesting I'll check it out. From what I'm getting perhaps the reason why I don't see the issue is because I adjusted my game's brightness sliders with VRR enabled right from the start. Why doesn't he just do this? I don't own Control but Prey has the adjustment slider. Let me give it a test.

EDIT: ROFL I just tried it with Prey and it didn't do jack shit. I even set my GSYNC in NVCP to only work in FULLSCREEN mode so then I ran a 2nd test where I switched from Fullscreen to Borderless Window then back to Fullscreen and guess what? No difference either, the darkness slider remained the same regardless of GSYNC ON (Fullscreen) or GSYNC OFF(Borderless Window). Uploading videos now.

So tell me, what do you have to say now?

Last edited:
My test for "is black black?" is whether I can differentiate between black screen and the bezel in a dark room (they have different reflective properties so you can see a difference in a lit room). So far, I haven't had a situation (VRR on/off, HDR on/off) where black hasn't been black. I haven't done any 1440p 10/12bit HDR other than a quick "does it work?" test, only 4k RGB 8bit.

From what I understand the problem isn't as easy as adjusting your gamma/brightness because the grey-black fix being bypassed is making localized brightened blacks. Adjusting the gamma/brightness to darken the blacks would therefoe darken the rest of the screen (that was still accurate to begin with) down.

from me:
If all of the above is true, then it doesn't sound like it would be a overall screen gamma issue, but instead an issue localized to where the near blacks are located dynamically. That could be difficult to determine in scenes where there would be a lot of near-black areas/edges, light to dark transitions though so the overall impression could be confusing (and perhaps confused as lighter gamma on the screen overall?).
If it is localized grey-blacks, like grey-black haloing of a sort, then adjusting the overall screen gamma wouldn't be a valid workaround since it would ruin the rest of the screen/scene's accurate gamma and in scenes that aren't dark.

From user Duc Vu, thread starter of the 2020 LG CX–GX dedicated GAMING thread, consoles and PC thread on avsforum:
Only the gamma of the near-black shades is screwed; the rest is fine. Watch Vincent's review of the CX again. He put up a graph there showing the near black gamma with VRR/Instant Game Response enabled. The near-black gamma values become lower, leading to brighter near-black shades while other lighter shades' gamma remain the same. This means the overall picture contrast will be lower than optimal. It's very easy to see the issue if you conduct the same test as the one I did in my video linked above, or just take side by side pictures of near black scenes before and after enabling vrr.

So again, to avoid confusion, this is apparently an issue on near-blacks, not full black areas. These near black areas, which used to suffer flashing and got a black flattening fix, are reportedly suffering brightening of blacks because the near black fix is being bypassed when VRR is active. That is more like when you hit "bright" mode on a LCD tv which ends up showing more detail in dark areas but washes them out to gray/bright blacks, but instead localized to where the near blacks are. This would be on near black zones/areas affected outside of the brighter objects, edges, etc on black backgrounds. It's subtle but from the screenshots and side by sides does not appear as dark as it should be.

Your idea of turning the brightness down could work as a somwhat inadequate workaround because it sounds like if you do that you'd be either:
-darkening the rest of the screen/scenes below what they should normally be in order to bring the now grey black localized areas down to where they should be
-or-
-splitting the difference between the two, bringing the grey blacks halfway darker toward where they should be and darkening the rest of the normal screen/scene half as much below where they should be compared to the previous statement's amounts.
- or some % between the two.

--------------------------
So yes you can make some adjustments for now but it would be a trade-off in the overall picture. Hopefully it's just a matter of time before LG fixes it.

Last edited:
From what I understand the problem isn't as easy as adjusting your gamma/brightness because the grey-black fix being bypassed is making localized brightened blacks. Adjusting the gamma/brightness to darken the blacks would therefoe darken the rest of the screen (that was still accurate to begin with) down.

from me:

From user Duc Vu, thread starter of the 2020 LG CX–GX dedicated GAMING thread, consoles and PC thread on avsforum:

So again, to avoid confusion, this is apparently an issue on near-blacks, not full black areas. These near black areas, which used to suffer flashing and got a black flattening fix, are reportedly suffering lightening blacks because the near black fix is being bypassed when VRR is active. That is more like when you hit "bright" mode on a LCD which ends up showing more detail in dark areas but washes them out to gray/bright blacks. This would be near black zones affected outside of the brighter objects, edges, etc on black backgrounds.

Your idea of turning the brightness down could work as a somwhat inadequate workaround because it sounds like if you do that you'd be either:
-darkening the rest of the screen/scenes below what they should normally be in order to bring the now grey black localized areas down to where they should be
-or-
-splitting the difference between the two, bringing the grey blacks halfway darker toward where they should be and darkening the rest of the normal screen/scene half as much below where they should be compared to the previous statement's amounts.
- or some % between the two.

--------------------------
So yes you can make some adjustments for now but it would be a trade-off in the overall picture. Hopefully it's just a matter of time before LG fixes it.

Watch my videos.

Oh ya in game picture mode you cannot set color gamut to anything else but "Wide". Extended and Auto look terrible.

Actually in game mode on the CX it forces auto hence the rather low sRGB coverage (95-96%).

I really wish I could use ISF Dark but the input lag is really bad.

I'm not going to make an AVS account JUST for that. :rolleyes: Hmmm ok looks interesting I'll check it out. From what I'm getting perhaps the reason why I don't see the issue is because I adjusted my game's brightness sliders with VRR enabled right from the start. Why doesn't he just do this? I don't own Control but Prey has the adjustment slider. Let me give it a test.

EDIT: ROFL I just tried it with Prey and it didn't do jack shit. I even set my GSYNC in NVCP to only work in FULLSCREEN mode so then I ran a 2nd test where I switched from Fullscreen to Borderless Window then back to Fullscreen and guess what? No difference either, the darkness slider remained the same regardless of GSYNC ON (Fullscreen) or GSYNC OFF(Borderless Window). Uploading videos now.

So tell me, what do you have to say now?

Completely off topic...but are you controlling the TV menu with your keyboard somehow? Please teach me your magic!

Watch my videos.

I'll forward both to the AVS thread. I do trust Vincent of HDTVTest's measurements and review regarding the near blacks with VRR active so I think there is something to it.

363261_RvxqYuA.png

"In time we discovered that when both TVs kicked into VRR mode the dithering fix for above black gamma overshoot would be disabled causing near-black to brighten in g-sync mode on the C9 and in all VRR modes on the CX so this is something for LG engineers to work on."

I appreciate you taking the time to investigate this.

I'll forward both to the AVS thread. I do trust Vincent of HDTVTest's measurements and review regarding the near blacks with VRR active so I think there is something to it.

Look I'm not trying to bury my head in the sand or anything when it comes to this issue. But when I said games look perfect well....I mean it. I haven't encountered any weirdness caused by VRR and I switch back and fourth between VRR and fixed 120Hz BFI. If there was an obvious difference between the two then I would've called it out already. But as the videos just showed, I haven't ran into anything strange.🤷‍♂️

I sure hope that holds true. I'm doing my homework ahead of time and just want to be aware of any trade-offs or issues.

Even if the near blacks causes brighter black areas was the case, if it was subtle enough to only be noticed in side by sides in games with VRR active I don't think it would necessarily be a deal-breaker. LG could potentially address it later as well since they already changed their near black fix once.

I'll reply back with any feedback I can get from the people from avsforum saying they are getting brightened blacks in near-black areas.

When there are questions, I ask them. It's frustrating when I don't get/can't find answers so again much appreciated that you went through the trouble to do testing and replying all along relating your experience with the OLED. :cool:

Rent-a-zon shipped my adapter, should be here by the weekend. Hopefully can get 4k120 RGB full 8 bit working on desktop without any hitches. Penis crossed!

Hmm, it seems the pixel shift feature has some bug that causes blurry picture especially at 4K 120 Hz 4:2:0. If you toggle pixel shift on, the picture becomes blurry. Toggle it off, picture is sharp.

LG has still not fixed the issue where despite pixel shift being disabled, it will re-enable itself when the display is restarted but the UI still says its disabled. Toggling it on and back off again fixes this.

Back