One thing hardware G-sync still has going for it is that it implements frame rate dependent gamma curves. LCDs have the same low brightness flickering issue with VRR that the LG OLEDs have without hardware gsync. I’ve owned the GK850G and its freesync cousin and the flicker difference was very perceptible. That’s the one complaint I have about the OLED as well but it’s not a big deal compared to the other massive picture quality advantages.
re: motion clarity, blur, smoothness etc: the size of the OLED may exaggerate apparent smoothness differences. You’re sitting pretty close to a giant screen filling your field of view, so frame by frame differences are going to be more noticeable just because each frame jumps by a larger relative angle to your eyes. Adjust for making apparent FOV equal by moving the OLED back and I suspect the OLEG looks just as smooth or smoother than an LCD.
re: motion clarity, blur, smoothness etc: the size of the OLED may exaggerate apparent smoothness differences. You’re sitting pretty close to a giant screen filling your field of view, so frame by frame differences are going to be more noticeable just because each frame jumps by a larger relative angle to your eyes. Adjust for making apparent FOV equal by moving the OLED back and I suspect the OLEG looks just as smooth or smoother than an LCD.