Leaked AMD Ryzen Benchmarks?

Embargo breaks in a week should be a flood of info, looking forward to an unproductive work day of Ryzen benchmark reading. :)

Now if AMD mobo's were just as value for the dollar. Betting they will be the same $$$ as Z270 feature to feature.

I haven't been following this as closely as some of you have, did we ever get any confirmation that Ryzen will use ECC UDIMM's?

Chinese review site accident post review early. It has since been taken down.

https://news.xfastest.com/amd/31741/amd-ryzen-7-1700x-benchmark/

Translate via Google Translator

AMD RYZEN 7 1700X performance exposure, INTEL to be careful

AMD Ryzen news everywhere, it seems from the market is not far away, we are looking forward to it with Intel a higher, so players in the procurement of CPU can have a more diverse choice. According to the current news AMD new generation Ryzen product line is quite complete, to meet more different consumers. I now have a new AMD Ryzen CPU, model Ryzen 7 1700X.

Left for the FX CPU, right for the latest AMD Ryzen 7 1700X CPU

AMD-Ryzen-7-1700X-CPU.jpg

Back of the CPU

AMD-Ryzen-7-1700X-back.jpg

Want to know the performance of the players look down !! Measured down with the opponent i7-5960X is a match!

CPU-Z seems to be 8-core 16 implementation, from the definition of Windows 10 computer administrator seems to be the core number 8, logical core 16, the core clock 3.4GHz, Turbo 3.8GHz, it is understood that the temperature is based on the frequency, L3 cache 16MB , Using DDR4 memory.

CPU Mark99 583(i7-5960X 561)

AMD-Ryzen-7-1700X-CPUZ.png

CINBENCH R15 1537(i7-5960X CPU 1318 ;i7-5960X CPU Single 138 )

P.S: unit cb, the greater the better the number of performance

AMD-Ryzen-7-1700X-Cinebench.jpg

3DMARK2013 FIRE STRIKE Physics score 17916 (i7-5960X 3DMARK2013 FIRE STRIKE Physics score 16126)

P.S: The bigger the number, the better the performance

AMD-Ryzen-7-1700X-Fire-Strike-Physics.png

That 154cb single core score has me interested. That's getting pretty damned close to the 163cb single thread score of my 5+ year old [email protected]

Question is, what was the clock speed? Was there some crazy XFR clock speed going on there, or was it at the stated max turbo clock?

XFR really confuses the topic on clock speeds, and makes all of this prediction much more difficult.

That is what I thought, but then why ship all the components to China afterwards....
I assume then they are splitting the assembly zones depending upon region the CPU is being sold?
I wonder where European region CPUs will be assembled.
Cheers

could be samsung fab's producing the chips for china, gloflo producing them for the US and germany(?) for EU.

Again, RAM speeds are still slow.

only thing i can think of is that the board they're using some how supports the ryzen chip but doesn't support the proper ram speeds. could be one of the early FM4 boards meant for the APU's.

could be one of the early FM4 boards meant for the APU's.
no such thing. there will only be am4 and the apus will work in all the boards when they eventually come out. this has been shown in the amd slides for a while now. they combined the am* and fm* platforms to make it simpler.

left over from all the xp machines they have over there
ddr4 based xp machines?! don't think so...

Again, RAM speeds are still slow.

This is not something that keeps me up at night. I haven't seen many situations where higher RAM speeds make a huge difference. I mean, don't get me wrong, all else being equal, if given a choice between slower and faster RAM, I'll always pick the faster RAM, just in case, but I'm not convinced Ryzen's slower RAM will amount to a hill of beans in the end.

no such thing. there will only be am4 and the apus will work in all the boards when they eventually come out. this has been shown in the amd slides for a while now. they combined the am* and fm* platforms to make it simpler.
No idea if it ended up happening but the AM4 socket boards for Bristol Ridge were meant to be forward compatible with Zen (as it used to be known).
Would be somewhat surprised but hey, definitely was talk of the compatibility though back then.

Cheers

No idea if it ended up happening but the AM4 socket boards for Bristol Ridge were meant to be forward compatible with Zen (as it used to be known).
Would be somewhat surprised but hey, definitely was talk of the compatibility though back then.

Cheers

Did Bristol ridge ever release as a consumer part, or was it pretty much only sold through OEM's?

I do recall Bristol ridge and Summit Ridge compatibility being stated by AMD, but I'd imagine that it depends on the motherboard manufacturer. They don't HAVE to put video connectors on a motherboard if they don't want to, and I'd also imagine that the boards used for Bristol Ridge were probably lower end, and lacking in features, so you wouldn't want to use them with Zen if you had a choice.

Bios updates are also probably going to be a huge deciding factor here.

Cheers
yes those are proper b series boards but they were in oem systems that sometimes like to lock out features/compatibility. if its a normal non-custom bios they should work fine, maybe a bios update.

yes those are proper b series boards but they were in oem systems that sometimes like to lock out features/compatibility. if its a normal non-custom bios they should work fine, maybe a bios update.

Yeah I knew they were OEM but you could get hold of them.
Cheers

Did Bristol ridge ever release as a consumer part, or was it pretty much only sold through OEM's?

I do recall Bristol ridge and Summit Ridge compatibility being stated by AMD, but I'd imagine that it depends on the motherboard manufacturer. They don't HAVE to put video connectors on a motherboard if they don't want to, and I'd also imagine that the boards used for Bristol Ridge were probably lower end, and lacking in features, so you wouldn't want to use them with Zen if you had a choice.

Bios updates are also probably going to be a huge deciding factor here.
Yeah Bios/microcode sort of stands out, just mentioned as someone raised an interesting idea and never know if some maniac would try it :)
After all we had the really bad timing memory with the X1800 or X1700 on an A320 and using GTX1080.
And there were some really wierd results reported in some of the leaks that quite a few picked up on.
Still unlikely I agree but some may try it.
Cheers

Last edited:
oh oops they are not B but A series oem boards. heres asus a320m-c bios, doesnt look gimped at all.

AM I the only one who still finds Ryzen to be an absolutely horrible name.

Sounds all raceboi 1337 sp34k to me. Drives me nuts.

Wish the hardware manufacturers would all try to stop trying to appeal to 12 year old gamers, and release some solid workstation style parts with more professional names.

Just "Zen" would've been better IMO.

But what's in a name anyway. A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

I dont mind Ryzen. Id love to hear the story of how they ended up on that, but I dont find it 'l33t' speak targeting young teenagers. I just find it to be an odd name.

I dont mind Ryzen. Id love to hear the story of how they ended up on that, but I dont find it 'l33t' speak targeting young teenagers. I just find it to be an odd name.

I see the name and think of ricin.

AM I the only one who still finds Ryzen to be an absolutely horrible name.

Sounds all raceboi 1337 sp34k to me. Drives me nuts.

Wish the hardware manufacturers would all try to stop trying to appeal to 12 year old gamers, and release some solid workstation style parts with more professional names.

if the product performs, professionals will buy it regardless of the name.

if it has a "cool" name, racebois will buy it.

seems like a smart move to me.

oh oops they are not B but A series oem boards. heres asus a320m-c bios, doesnt look gimped at all.

So a possibility a system builder who already has their hands on a Ryzen CPU sample could had tried-tested this.
Just to clarify I appreciate the vid is with Bristol Ridge.
Cheers

yup that is a possibility. that could also be why there are no OC results as those boards(a series chipset, ai tweak only shows ram) aren't supposed to have cpu ocing support.

edit: and its 2133 ram. hmmm...

This is not something that keeps me up at night. I haven't seen many situations where higher RAM speeds make a huge difference. I mean, don't get me wrong, all else being equal, if given a choice between slower and faster RAM, I'll always pick the faster RAM, just in case, but I'm not convinced Ryzen's slower RAM will amount to a hill of beans in the end.

Fallout 4, Battlefield, and others respond well to increased ram speeds. Basically games that have lots of assets to load and others that are demanding on system resources.

The weirdest rumor that I heard was that an Nvidia Titan XP Pascal was bottlenecking the Ryzen CPU at 1080p. That sounded weird to me, but interesting nevertheless. Maybe someone could test that after the initial CPU testing?

Assuming these are real, a 1800x at 3.5 base and 4.0 boost is impressive (at least to me) from the slides at New Horizons showing 3.4+. I do like the understating AMD is doing. Hopefully it all pans out to be understatements.

So are reviews expected to be released next tuesday, or the 2nd of march?

We've been theorizing that this chip has been possible for some time from AMD because of their unique position and IP holdings. I know IBM even came to them once and offered to help get it done but AMD didn't have resources they could devote to this.

Even now, this thought experiment is being done in the hope that future profitability will help drive the R&D required to make this happen. But yeah, new thread. The tie in here is that internally AMD is rejoicing and they know they'll have a little left over cache (cash) for product expansion.

Back